Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Contract
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

So, how does Candy Suxxx look like now?


José_Sócrates
 Share

Recommended Posts

Algonquin Assassin
On 11/5/2021 at 2:03 AM, Journey_95 said:

 

 

Also the issue isn't nudity..its sexualization. Not sure what will happen with Candy Suxx but there is no way a character like her would be acceptable now..that's for sure 


The trophy/achievement list confirms that G Spotlight is still in the game so what would be the point of altering her appearance when nothing changes the fact she’s still an adult film star?

 

If she’s deemed unacceptable she’d be removed entirely or that G Spotlight wouldn’t be in the game at all.


 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

universetwisters
5 hours ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:


The trophy/achievement list confirms that G Spotlight is still in the game so what would be the point of altering her appearance when nothing changes the fact she’s still an adult film star?

 

If she’s deemed unacceptable she’d be removed entirely or that G Spotlight wouldn’t be in the game at all.

 

tbh theyll probably just change the spotlight image itself to something more tame like they did in the japanese version iirc

  • excuseme 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
On 11/4/2021 at 3:48 PM, DylRicho said:

Desexualization has definitely been a thing as of the past half decade or so. Not just with games, but children's TV show characters.

 

I'm guessing they'll make sure she wears less revealing clothes and probably tone down her upper proportions.

 

There's still plenty of sexualised content in media though. There's more heavily sexualised female singers/rappers (with explicit music videos) and celebrities popular with young people right now than there's ever been. It's not about not allowing any women/female characters to be sexualised, it's about women/female characters not being pointlessly or inappropriately sexualised for no good reason. It isn't inappropriate for a female character who is a literal pr0n star to be sexualised. They might tone down the boobs to look less cartoonishly silly or change her outfit for when she's around town since a character being in a bikini in that situation looks stupid, but they don't need to change her whole look/style for modesty reasons.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2021 at 8:14 AM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 

There's still plenty of sexualised content in media though. There's more heavily sexualised female singers/rappers (with explicit music videos) and celebrities popular with young people right now than there's ever been. It's not about not allowing any women/female characters to be sexualised, it's about women/female characters not being pointlessly or inappropriately sexualised for no good reason. It isn't inappropriate for a female character who is a literal pr0n star to be sexualised. They might tone down the boobs to look less cartoonishly silly or change her outfit for when she's around town since a character being in a bikini in that situation looks stupid, but they don't need to change her whole look/style for modesty reasons.

Female sexuality when it’s portrayed as ‘female empowerment’ is allowed and encouraged, but when it’s portrayed as ‘male fantasy’ it’s actively demonised. Whether a few inches of cleavage is ‘stunning & brave’ or ‘evil misogynist objectification’ depends entirely on whether a man happens to be looking at the moment.
Strange times we live in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Acetaminophen
13 hours ago, FWhyKay said:

niayyjgq2ry71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

 

Like my dog.

TBH she was only ever attractive in the Artwork. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JumpingKentFlash
2 hours ago, Acetaminophen said:

TBH she was only ever attractive in the Artwork. 

And on the Las Venturas strip neon ad.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Female sexuality when it’s portrayed as ‘female empowerment’ is allowed and encouraged, but when it’s portrayed as ‘male fantasy’ it’s actively demonised. Whether a few inches of cleavage is ‘stunning & brave’ or ‘evil misogynist objectification’ depends entirely on whether a man happens to be looking at the moment.
Strange times we live in. 

 

That context does matter though. It is cringe when female characters in games have ridiculously sexualised outfits when it isn't at all practical or are drawn with sex doll proportions that literally aren't physically possible. If it's the type of game where all the characters are looking sexy/exaggerated (eg some fighting games where the guys might be ripped with their chests out as well), or if it makes sense for the character (eg a pr0n star) then it can be fitting, but when it's a game where the male characters are dressed sensibly but the women are over the top sexualised for no reason other than to appeal to men idk how anyone over 14 doesn't cringe at that.

 

I don't think it's an issue that affects GTA though - GTA has realistic looking male and female characters and characters are only sexualised/dressed revealingly when it's appropriate for the character. And it's been that way throughout all the games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 

That context does matter though. It is cringe when female characters in games have ridiculously sexualised outfits when it isn't at all practical or are drawn with sex doll proportions that literally aren't physically possible. If it's the type of game where all the characters are looking sexy/exaggerated (eg some fighting games where the guys might be ripped with their chests out as well), or if it makes sense for the character (eg a pr0n star) then it can be fitting, but when it's a game where the male characters are dressed sensibly but the women are over the top sexualised for no reason other than to appeal to men idk how anyone over 14 doesn't cringe at that.

 

I don't think it's an issue that affects GTA though - GTA has realistic looking male and female characters and characters are only sexualised/dressed revealingly when it's appropriate for the character. And it's been that way throughout all the games.

Video games are about idealism and fantasy, at the end of the day. Women are given gigatits and stripper costumes, and men are all 6’6 tall and have the body of a greek god. Both sides are objectified, but the complaints only seem to go one way. 
106129-1302261020-screenshot-7.4.2011-20

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, FWhyKay said:

niayyjgq2ry71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

 

Like my dog.

Well that's her from Ped cheat, which tends to change some proportions but what about her ped model from Recruitment Drive & Martha's Mugshot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
3 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Video games are about idealism and fantasy, at the end of the day. Women are given gigatits and stripper costumes, and men are all 6’6 tall and have the body of a greek god. Both sides are objectified, but the complaints only seem to go one way. 
 

 

Like I said the context matters. In games where characters are idealised or have an exaggerated style it can be fitting for them to have a sexualised look. Or in GTA, there's a wide variety of different characters that are portrayed mostly realistically, and just like in real life some are sexy or wear revealing clothing and some aren't. There's many times in gaming where it's appropriate for a female character to be sexy/sexualised. 

 

What's cringe is when female characters are sexualised when it ISN'T appropriate. For example in an action game where all the male characters are sensibly dressed and don't have exaggerated features, but a female character has a ridiculously revealing outfit that isn't practical for the situation and cartoonishly exaggerated boobs/small waist etc. That's just dumb. If it happened the other way around with female characters all looking sensible but a male character in tight pants shirtless and oiled up for no reason it would be dumb as well, but that doesn't tend to happen.

 

In any case this really isn't something that happens in GTA. GTA doesn't randomly sexualise female characters when it isn't appropriate, only when it is appropriate for the character (eg a wannabe celebrity or a stripper) and female characters look realistic/not exaggerated. If you look at the cast of characters in a GTA game their appearance doesn't represent "idealism and fantasy",  they just aim for a fairly realistic representation of what the population of the location the game is based on looks like. So it's a non issue here.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 

Like I said the context matters. In games where characters are idealised or have an exaggerated style it can be fitting for them to have a sexualised look. Or in GTA, there's a wide variety of different characters that are portrayed mostly realistically, and just like in real life some are sexy or wear revealing clothing and some aren't. There's many times in gaming where it's appropriate for a female character to be sexy/sexualised. 

 

What's cringe is when female characters are sexualised when it ISN'T appropriate. For example in an action game where all the male characters are sensibly dressed and don't have exaggerated features, but a female character has a ridiculously revealing outfit that isn't practical for the situation and cartoonishly exaggerated boobs/small waist etc. That's just dumb. If it happened the other way around with female characters all looking sensible but a male character in tight pants shirtless and oiled up for no reason it would be dumb as well, but that doesn't tend to happen.

 

In any case this really isn't something that happens in GTA. GTA doesn't randomly sexualise female characters when it isn't appropriate, only when it is appropriate for the character (eg a wannabe celebrity or a stripper) and female characters look realistic/not exaggerated. If you look at the cast of characters in a GTA game their appearance doesn't represent "idealism and fantasy",  they just aim for a fairly realistic representation of what the population of the location the game is based on looks like. So it's a non issue here.

Who decides what is and is not appropriate? There are heaps of action movies where the male lead is shirtless for no reason other than to show off his rock hard abs glistening with sweat. To say it’s “not common” is just false. 
 

Besides, the majority of gamers are heterosexual males. Why does it matter if the women are sexy for no reason other than to be sexy? It appeals to the majority of the playerbase. Why is male sexuality such a taboo thing now? Why can’t girls have their abs for the sake of them, and boys have their tits for the sake of them?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thomas Cavendish
3 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

There are heaps of action movies where the male lead is shirtless for no reason other than to show off his rock hard abs glistening with sweat.

There are absolutely no hero movie in the last 20 years without a shirtless male character for no reason other than to show off his rock hard abs, and nobody seems to care about it, or even complain about it. But put a camera from behind a DRESSED Black widow to see the magic.

Edited by Thomas Cavendish
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
11 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Who decides what is and is not appropriate? There are heaps of action movies where the male lead is shirtless for no reason other than to show off his rock hard abs glistening with sweat. To say it’s “not common” is just false. 
 

Besides, the majority of gamers are heterosexual males. Why does it matter if the women are sexy for no reason other than to be sexy? It appeals to the majority of the playerbase. Why is male sexuality such a taboo thing now? Why can’t girls have their abs for the sake of them, and boys have their tits for the sake of them?

 

Well it's not a perfect science but surely you can agree there's times when a character is sexualised and it's dumb because it's too unrealistic, too impractical for the situation or not in keeping with the rest of the characters? Like when the rest of the characters are dressed sensibly for a survival situation but the female lead is in a totally impractical outfit just designed to show off her boobs and with perfect hair and makeup etc? Or when a female character is only there to look sexy and is poorly written compared to the rest of the characters? Or (in a game) a female character drawn with proportions that literally aren't physically possible, when the rest of characters are drawn more realistically? Yes you get both male and female characters who happen to be sexy or wearing revealing clothes in movies and games but you don't often find a male character who is weirdly overly sexualised in an impractical outfit and perfectly styled while other characters aren't and whose only purpose is to be eye candy.

 

And again, context. There's games where the visual style they're going for is exaggerated/idealised/sexy where the men and women have exaggerated proportions, and that's no problem. And there's games where some characters happen to be attractive or wear revealing clothes because it's apppropriate for that particular character, and that's no problem. Making female (or male) characters overly sexualised/exaggerated when it doesn't fit the style of the game or the character is cringe though.

 

Like in GTA, it makes sense for the strippers, prostitutes and young aspiring models on the beach to wear sexy/revealing clothes. It wouldn't make sense, and would be extremely cringe, if every single female character/ped in GTA had an exaggerated perfect body and sexy/revealing clothes, regardless of whether it was believeable/appropriate for the character. And it would also be cringe if every single male character in GTA looked like a model and had his shirt off, regardless of whether it was believeable/appropriate for the character. Right? That's pretty much all I'm saying lol.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Valiant ENT CEO
10 hours ago, Beato_dim said:

I say, there should definitely be more scantily clad male characters, even if for equality's sake.

 

Naaaaa that doesn't make sense. 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 

Well it's not a perfect science but surely you can agree there's times when a character is sexualised and it's dumb because it's too unrealistic, too impractical for the situation or not in keeping with the rest of the characters? Like when the rest of the characters are dressed sensibly for a survival situation but the female lead is in a totally impractical outfit just designed to show off her boobs and with perfect hair and makeup etc? Or when a female character is only there to look sexy and is poorly written compared to the rest of the characters? Or (in a game) a female character drawn with proportions that literally aren't physically possible, when the rest of characters are drawn more realistically? Yes you get both male and female characters who happen to be sexy or wearing revealing clothes in movies and games but you don't often find a male character who is weirdly overly sexualised in an impractical outfit and perfectly styled while other characters aren't and whose only purpose is to be eye candy.

 

And again, context. There's games where the visual style they're going for is exaggerated/idealised/sexy where the men and women have exaggerated proportions, and that's no problem. And there's games where some characters happen to be attractive or wear revealing clothes because it's apppropriate for that particular character, and that's no problem. Making female (or male) characters overly sexualised/exaggerated when it doesn't fit the style of the game or the character is cringe though.

 

Like in GTA, it makes sense for the strippers, prostitutes and young aspiring models on the beach to wear sexy/revealing clothes. It wouldn't make sense, and would be extremely cringe, if every single female character/ped in GTA had an exaggerated perfect body and sexy/revealing clothes, regardless of whether it was believeable/appropriate for the character. And it would also be cringe if every single male character in GTA looked like a model and had his shirt off, regardless of whether it was believeable/appropriate for the character. Right? That's pretty much all I'm saying lol.

Sure, but that’s just my subjective opinion. Other players might think differently, and NOT find it cringeworthy. Who am I to demand others change their hobbies to suit my sensibilities? I don’t like Visual Novels, but I don’t demand VN devs change their games to accommodate me. I just find something where I am the target demographic.

Not everything has to accommodate the widest demographic possible; there’s nothing wrong with niche products.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
10 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Sure, but that’s just my subjective opinion. Other players might think differently, and NOT find it cringeworthy. Who am I to demand others change their hobbies to suit my sensibilities? I don’t like Visual Novels, but I don’t demand VN devs change their games to accommodate me. I just find something where I am the target demographic.

Not everything has to accommodate the widest demographic possible; there’s nothing wrong with niche products.

 

I think it's just like any criticism of a game. Nothing wrong with seeing something you think is lame or could be better about a game and giving constructive criticism on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

 

I think it's just like any criticism of a game. Nothing wrong with seeing something you think is lame or could be better about a game and giving constructive criticism on it.

Then I’m just as free to criticise your opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

billiejoearmstrong8
7 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Then I’m just as free to criticise your opinion. 

 

Of course! But I'm talking more about the idea of people criticising games/movies/media sexualising female characters when it's needless or inappropriate (I'm not really doing that here - only saying GTA doesn't do that so there's nothing to criticise). When people do that I just see it as constructive criticism on the game/movie etc like any other constructive criticism it might get about the writing/gameplay/graphics/anything about it. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Gran Turismo
On 11/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, Edward Nashton said:

wYKTkxp.png

She looks like a stretch armstrong toy.

Edited by Super Gran Turismo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, universetwisters said:

 

tbh theyll probably just change the spotlight image itself to something more tame like they did in the japanese version iirc

in fact that change that the reflector would be somewhat more docile, that never happened, but curiously in the Japanese version of DE, they had to change the reflector with that of the original Japanese version, although they remastered it in that version of DE

  • Bruh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 7:10 AM, Beato_dim said:

I say, there should definitely be more scantily clad male characters, even if for equality's sake.

 

Congressman Alex Shrub is already campaigning for this

sxE5REV.png

  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ChumCrumpet said:

Congressman Alex Shrub is already campaigning for this

 

Giovanni_Casa_beb%C3%A9.png

 

Giovanni Casa too

K2yjoYK.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.