4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vice City Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic

Spider-Vice

2 minutes ago, TenLucas said:

3426d99a9ce4a3c66c5f.jpg

Wait a second! On this screen Tommy doesn't have buttons on his shirt, and most importantly, he has fixed sleeves. Soo... why is his model on this screen different? Will his in-game model be different from that used in cutscenes? Or maybe this confirms my theory that trailers and screens are a mish-mash of different beta versions of the game.

Good find, I have a feeling this might have been the beta version. Can't wait till 11th to find out.

I hope for some gameplay trailer from a more current version. This is something that can actually make me decide to buy this Trilogy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TenLucas said:

I hope for some gameplay trailer from a more current version. This is something that can actually make me decide to buy this Trilogy.

or just wait until the game comes out and watch some gameplays on youtube. thats what Im doing. not buying it before that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DeltaV20 said:

man Tommy really looks so fat in the remaster. I can definitely see what everybody is talking about. his gut is huge and look at that triple chin. just awful.

• KEKW 1

ValterUdarnik
6 hours ago, Red_hot_redemption said:

I know the lighting has improved, but in the origional the Neon would blanket the whole screen which looked great, now it looks a lot more confined to just around the light itself 

Also, why did the sign grow in size?

This isn't 2021 where every company's sign is massive, it's the 80's

BS_BlackScout
6 minutes ago, _Dirty_ said:

Who else hoping for a malibu screenshot?

Me, since I spent about 6 hours in Blender trying to make a cool render to imagine what the place would look like with better and proper lighting. LMAO

MaccerKuntPaul
3 hours ago, TenLucas said:

3426d99a9ce4a3c66c5f.jpg

Wait a second! On this screen Tommy doesn't have buttons on his shirt, and most importantly, he has fixed sleeves. Soo... why is his model on this screen different? Will his in-game model be different from that used in cutscenes? Or maybe this confirms my theory that trailers and screens are a mish-mash of different beta versions of the game.

yeah, still looks like plastic though, and his face is still off

4 hours ago, ValterUdarnik said:

Also, why did the sign grow in size?

This isn't 2021 where every company's sign is massive, it's the 80's

Actually the signs in the 80s Were bigger, now everything is minimalistic and monochromatic, back then everything was big and loud, I don't get your logic.

4 hours ago, BS_BlackScout said:

Me, since I spent about 6 hours in Blender trying to make a cool render to imagine what the place would look like with better and proper lighting. LMAO

Let’s see it, King.

RE: Tommy’s gut size - as far as I remember he wasn’t exactly trim, he had that typical average build. Maybe they’ve slightly overdone it just because of the shirt, Hawaiian shirts were oversized as a norm in the 80’s

• Like 2

2564.jpg

2575.jpg

He isn't malnourished CJ thin, but the idea that he had some massive gut that his shirt stuck to is something a teenager would say in a video essay to justify this sh*t. The shirt isn't glued to his body in the original because wind existed.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2021 at 9:46 PM, 54137845213 said:

Avery_Carrington,_VC.PNG

Guy Fawkes Night Facts | Mental Floss

On 10/23/2021 at 5:46 AM, MaccerKentPaul said:

jesus christ, can we get a thing started like what happened to sonic in the movie? 

color or not, his face is all wrong, forehead too flat, nose too striaght, no gap between his forehead and nose, hair too clean 

Oh, I remember this! And the end result is a LOT better than the original trailer one, so that's a positive sign.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sankalppateriya said:

Maybe they add in definitive edition, that was something devs never thought of implementing before SA because of the limitations now it makes sense to have all the three games get similar mechanics!

In that case, I have a feeling that the Tommy phone call screenshot is taken after one of the devs made Tommy eat a bunch of pizzas in Vice Point.

• KEKW 2

6 minutes ago, NasranSalleh said:

In that case, I have a feeling that the Tommy phone call screenshot is taken after one of the devs made Tommy eat a bunch of pizzas in Vice Point.

If they've changed him this much, might as well add an option to do aerobics in front of the television at the hotel room, have Jane Fonda do a cameo. Go all in.

• KEKW 3

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

For some reason, not all GTA:VC screenshots feature the same buildings and details:

Screenshot:

l1f3l3i.png

Trailer:

oep3PMO.png

No vegetation in the screenshot but there is in the trailer. This gives me hope that there is more work left and that the trailer is actually improving on things.

• Like 2

Tommy is the most butchered character in the remaster honestly..just embarrassing but I didn't expect more from the devs who made the sh*tty SA mobile port

• Like 1

Just now, Journey_95 said:

Tommy is the most butchered character in the remaster honestly..just embarrassing but I didn't expect more from the devs who made the sh*tty SA mobile port

I respect your opinion but the overall look is now definitely more HD or at least Fortnite-esque (is that a good or bad thing idk but it looks cleaner):

nWAk4Ku.png

• Like 2

Official General

80d6d6b25c7e8b86187a.jpg

You mean the pistol still does not even have a slide chamber !!?? Hopefully mods will make this better. 

8 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

I respect your opinion but the overall look is now definitely more HD or at least Fortnite-esque (is that a good or bad thing idk but it looks cleaner):

nWAk4Ku.png

Sure it looks more HD..the original is 19 years old. They could have kept the original model but improved on it instead of getting rid of it in favour of this cartoon replacement who doesn't look badass or even Italian

• Like 1

ValterUdarnik

I don't care if it looks more HD.

They CHANGED the physical appearance of the character to the point where he is not recognisible anymore.  Imagine replacing Al Pacino in Scarface with some random mediterranean type. It's not the same movie anymore !!

• Like 2

ValterUdarnik

Also notice, how in the remastered everything is always overly clean. The old bike model had somewhat darker/dirtier textures applied to them. I don't know what the motive was behind that back then, if they tried to mimic shadows or what, but it was a recognisible style of Vice City. It's gone now.

Edited by ValterUdarnik

22 hours ago, cuban gang member said:

Tommy should be proud that somebody called him Persian. 🤣

I agree!

23 hours ago, AmigaMix said:

Yeah, God forbid we portray dumb rednecks as dumb rednecks, can't have that!

What was that? Rosenberg looks like a jewish cokehead / Sean Penn in Carlito's Way if his face wasn't punchable? f*ck that, make him a hapa teenager!

How could anyone who dares to criticize blatant disregard for artistic integrity, possibly be anything but a racist, slavery supporter?!

I think what I’m getting at requires further explanation and that’s my fault.

Because obviously the visual changes made to this upcoming release have been met with an abundance of criticism especially on here, the complaints tend to get lumped in together.  Saying the confederate flag being removed from Phil’s shirt is to the game’s detriment in the same breath as Tommy looks Indian, it’s disconcerting.   In the same way as saying the night lighting in Vice Beach looks bad in the same breath as saying as Tommy looks Indian—is looking Indian bad?  If maybe people articulated it as “Tommy doesn’t like he’s suppose to” I wouldn’t notice.  That’s all y’all. 

5 hours ago, Mindshower said:

2564.jpg

2575.jpg

He isn't malnourished CJ thin, but the idea that he had some massive gut that his shirt stuck to is something a teenager would say in a video essay to justify this sh*t. The shirt isn't glued to his body in the original because wind existed.

Tommy is a forelli, an italian gangster, obviously hes not going to be super skinny

cuban gang member

Experience taught us that games which comes from Rockstar, will not be the same as  their trailers.

They even change the protagonist model after screenshots and trailers so hopefully there is still room of improvements.

Grove street games has half a month to fix bugs, changing models and etc

2 hours ago, OJsAlibi said:

is looking Indian bad?

If you're an actual person - no, if you're supposed to be an approximation of this: 

Spoiler

dcf9674a01dadaf90308e6938236445f.jpg

I would definitely have to answer with: "yes".

Now, like I said: I personally think they made him appear too central european (or "white"), rather than "indian", but the bottom line is: 

2 hours ago, OJsAlibi said:

“Tommy doesn’t [look] like he’s suppose to”

Don't you think you might be projecting more prejudice into the usage of the word "indian" than intended? I for one haven't seen any anti - indian rhetoric in this forum.

(Then again, the last few hours have been sh*tposting galore, so something might have flown under my radar...)

Edited by AmigaMix
  • Like 3

Notorious_Jack

Wonder what Vik Vance will look like in the intro:kekw:

Edited by Notorious_Jack

29 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

XarVGg5_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

Quality wise, the remasters seem all over the place. There has to be something to the whole "different build stages"-talk, or maybe it's just my copium taking effect.

Edited by AmigaMix
  • Like 2