Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Criminal Enterprises
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Vice City Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic


Spider-Vice
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lock n' Stock

God, Rosenberg looks horrible. I'm trying to keep a positive vibe but these character models are REALLY tough to swallow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BS_BlackScout

Rosenberg looked like he was dying in the original. TDE doesn't do any favours either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the screenshots are seriously pissing me off - it's like they had no care in picking them... I swear if the game looks this bad in motion I will be asking for a refund... and because it's digital, we probably won't even get one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kasaGG said:

At this point I don’t care if the models look bad cause someone will release their own version of these characters and probably call it a character fix.

I don't doubt for a minute that there will be better character models/textures out there in a matter of days. But come on, they're the professionals - they should've made a better job and not leave it to the community to fix. The lousy character models are the sole reason why I'm not at all thrilled about these remasters. Maybe I'll buy them if everything else gets a pass from the community and reviewers once they are out.

Dsi63o0.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CynicalMexican

Vice City's skyline looks good.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay so apart from res and lod this is one of the most important compromises we can see in terms of ambientation in the Switch version, as you can see on the PS5 version and on the XBOX Series X the windows on the Ocean View Hotel we have cubemaps whilst on the Switch version are disabled.

 

XBOX Series X version:

80d6d6b25c7e8b86187a.jpg

 

PS5 Version:

 

GTAVC_PS5_Retail-1.jpg

 

Switch Version: Notice how the windows on the main floor show plain texture and no interior.

 

FDcxa_eWYAAw-yj?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by SweetFlexZ
Mistake on text
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SquoniX said:

GTAVC_PS5_Retail-3.jpg

 

Uh-oh, look at the light reflection running down the entire length of Tommy's left arm...

 

I'm starting to get a feeling the character models are going to have a similar plastic-like skin surface as they had in the San Andreas "remaster" that GSG did last time...

 

I hope I'm wrong here.

Edited by triks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kasaGG said:

At this point I don’t care if the models look bad cause someone will release their own version of these characters and probably call it a character fix.

 

i wish i could say the same. im on xbox :cringekek:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow these new screenshots look really bad. I don’t understand why they couldnt do the whole character models more realistically and not so plasticy. Vice city looks weird, ken rosenbergs new mouth looks like a butthole. Lance looks weird, tommy looks like a different person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CynicalMexican
6 minutes ago, Bigglo145 said:

Wow these new screenshots look really bad. I don’t understand why they couldnt do the whole character models more realistically and not so plasticy. Vice city looks weird, ken rosenbergs new mouth looks like a butthole. Lance looks weird, tommy looks like a different person.

 

I feel like it's the filter?

 

It feels too much 80s pink, especially at sunset.

 

The OG VC filter from the PS2 would've suited better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

 

I feel like it's the filter?

 

It feels too much 80s pink, especially at sunset.

 

The OG VC filter from the PS2 would've suited better.

Nah, its not the filter, its the characters faces. They have no personality to them unlike in the original gta. They are just so generic, the environment looks good though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lock n' Stock
56 minutes ago, Magic_Al said:

OTE3M8c.jpg

 

Actually....

Not gonna lie, seeing Sean Penn compared to Ken's new model has made it a bit easier to accept.

 

I'd say Lance works worse in honesty.

Edited by Lock n' Stock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Magic_Al said:

OTE3M8c.jpg

 

Actually....

 

hmm, im not gonna lie, you've got me thinking

maybe.. just maybe, ken's model aint that bad after all..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CynicalMexican

Screenshot Analysis!

 

81-h2EGmoBL.jpg

 

- Again, wow. Leaf Links looks more beautiful than ever.

- Downtown Vice City... the buildings here have had a massive overhaul, it's amazing.

- A lot of mesh smoothing was done for those hills which is a great touch.

- The water... it looks so damn crisp.

- The blimp looks good too.

- I love how the sunset looks here; it reminds me a lot of the 2005 Scarface game.

 

FDcFGpVXMAYSdNf.png?width=1223&height=67

 

- This draw distance reminds me of something you would see during the broadcast of a sports event, where they do panoramic shots of the city; it looks amazing!

- Them waves though, look at how fantastic they look.

- Mesh smoothing has made this are look a lot better

- I don't think there's too much to say otherwise; Vice City looks gorgeous, and a number of buildings got an overhaul.

 

FDchZwLXIAUhbmL?format=jpg&name=large

 

- I think enough has been said of the characters so I won't say much at all :) but they are infinitely better than the 2002 models.

- They've done a REALLY good job re-modeling Tommy's house, and the texture work is phenomenal

 

GTAVC_PS5_Retail-1.jpg

 

- Again, that water and them sunset colors!

- The neon lights look really good too, they are nice and vibrant!

- The roofs have a lot of detail too

- The dock area looks pretty good too, even though we've gotten few looks into the Mainland.

 

GTAVC_PS5_Retail-3.jpg

 

- Phil Cassidy's model had a lot of work done.

- Tommy looks good here as well, even with the slight wax feel to his skin.

- I appreciate the small details around the table, bottles, etc.

- The texture on that chair, look at how detailed it is!

- That metal ceiling needs a re-model, though.

- Carpet textures look really good!

 

FDcvTwEWYAI1tEc?format=jpg&name=large

 

- Whoa, the lighting definitely throws me off here, it's a bit too cartoony even for my taste.

- i can appreciate the re-modeling and texture work done here, though. It looks fantastic.

- Tommy's model looks pretty good overall though.

 

FDcxa_eWYAAw-yj?format=jpg&name=large

 

- Traffic density looks good here

- It's a shame we haven't seen too many of GTA VC's peds, though, I'm curious with the work done to them.

 

And with that, we are done!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

suicidehummer
10 hours ago, Komosexual said:

Bumping this here too, because holy hell this is driving me crazy just trying to figure out what exactly I'm looking at. All I can make out is the terminal Tommy's collected from in the opening cutscene ... I think? Ahah.

 

Dude... could you imagine if they finished and included the everglades they abandoned originally?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Screenshot Analysis!

 

81-h2EGmoBL.jpg

 

- Again, wow. Leaf Links looks more beautiful than ever.

- Downtown Vice City... the buildings here have had a massive overhaul, it's amazing.

- A lot of mesh smoothing was done for those hills which is a great touch.

- The water... it looks so damn crisp.

- The blimp looks good too.

- I love how the sunset looks here; it reminds me a lot of the 2005 Scarface game.

 

FDcFGpVXMAYSdNf.png?width=1223&height=67

 

- This draw distance reminds me of something you would see during the broadcast of a sports event, where they do panoramic shots of the city; it looks amazing!

- Them waves though, look at how fantastic they look.

- Mesh smoothing has made this are look a lot better

- I don't think there's too much to say otherwise; Vice City looks gorgeous, and a number of buildings got an overhaul.

 

FDchZwLXIAUhbmL?format=jpg&name=large

 

- I think enough has been said of the characters so I won't say much at all :) but they are infinitely better than the 2002 models.

- They've done a REALLY good job re-modeling Tommy's house, and the texture work is phenomenal

 

GTAVC_PS5_Retail-1.jpg

 

- Again, that water and them sunset colors!

- The neon lights look really good too, they are nice and vibrant!

- The roofs have a lot of detail too

- The dock area looks pretty good too, even though we've gotten few looks into the Mainland.

 

GTAVC_PS5_Retail-3.jpg

 

- Phil Cassidy's model had a lot of work done.

- Tommy looks good here as well, even with the slight wax feel to his skin.

- I appreciate the small details around the table, bottles, etc.

- The texture on that chair, look at how detailed it is!

- That metal ceiling needs a re-model, though.

- Carpet textures look really good!

 

FDcvTwEWYAI1tEc?format=jpg&name=large

 

- Whoa, the lighting definitely throws me off here, it's a bit too cartoony even for my taste.

- i can appreciate the re-modeling and texture work done here, though. It looks fantastic.

- Tommy's model looks pretty good overall though.

 

FDcxa_eWYAAw-yj?format=jpg&name=large

 

- Traffic density looks good here

- It's a shame we haven't seen too many of GTA VC's peds, though, I'm curious with the work done to them.

 

And with that, we are done!

Well I guess the 2 last pics are from the Nintendo Switch judging from their quality. OOF atleast they'll look like slightly better on XBS X/S and PS5

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

suicidehummer

I gotta say, all this complaining is hilarious to me when you look at how godawful the original game actually looked. So they changed Lance's face, he looked pretty jacked up to begin with anyway.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CynicalMexican said:

Screenshot Analysis!

 

81-h2EGmoBL.jpg

 

- Again, wow. Leaf Links looks more beautiful than ever.

- Downtown Vice City... the buildings here have had a massive overhaul, it's amazing.

- A lot of mesh smoothing was done for those hills which is a great touch.

- The water... it looks so damn crisp.

- The blimp looks good too.

- I love how the sunset looks here; it reminds me a lot of the 2005 Scarface game.

 

FDcFGpVXMAYSdNf.png?width=1223&height=67

 

- This draw distance reminds me of something you would see during the broadcast of a sports event, where they do panoramic shots of the city; it looks amazing!

- Them waves though, look at how fantastic they look.

- Mesh smoothing has made this are look a lot better

- I don't think there's too much to say otherwise; Vice City looks gorgeous, and a number of buildings got an overhaul.

 

FDchZwLXIAUhbmL?format=jpg&name=large

 

- I think enough has been said of the characters so I won't say much at all :) but they are infinitely better than the 2002 models.

- They've done a REALLY good job re-modeling Tommy's house, and the texture work is phenomenal

 

GTAVC_PS5_Retail-1.jpg

 

- Again, that water and them sunset colors!

- The neon lights look really good too, they are nice and vibrant!

- The roofs have a lot of detail too

- The dock area looks pretty good too, even though we've gotten few looks into the Mainland.

 

GTAVC_PS5_Retail-3.jpg

 

- Phil Cassidy's model had a lot of work done.

- Tommy looks good here as well, even with the slight wax feel to his skin.

- I appreciate the small details around the table, bottles, etc.

- The texture on that chair, look at how detailed it is!

- That metal ceiling needs a re-model, though.

- Carpet textures look really good!

 

FDcvTwEWYAI1tEc?format=jpg&name=large

 

- Whoa, the lighting definitely throws me off here, it's a bit too cartoony even for my taste.

- i can appreciate the re-modeling and texture work done here, though. It looks fantastic.

- Tommy's model looks pretty good overall though.

 

FDcxa_eWYAAw-yj?format=jpg&name=large

 

- Traffic density looks good here

- It's a shame we haven't seen too many of GTA VC's peds, though, I'm curious with the work done to them.

 

And with that, we are done!

 

The last two screenshots are from the Nintendo Switch btw. 

 

Good analysis but I hoped that the beach had more people and props. Seems like GSG is taking major screenshots without much traffic or pedestrians for some reason. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

Good analysis but I hoped that the beach had more people and props. Seems like GSG is taking major screenshots without much traffic or pedestrians for some reason. 

 

Totally agree. As much as I do like the new crispy smooth look of Ocean Drive, I can't help but lament the loss of some of the finer details from the original.

 

For example, I'm certain there were a lot more bushels and shrubbery plotted alongside the beach walkway, whereas every new screenshot I've seen only has palm trees on the grassy verge – which seems like a major backwards step, and makes the place look desolate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Volvagia said:

the screenshots are seriously pissing me off - it's like they had no care in picking them... I swear if the game looks this bad in motion I will be asking for a refund... and because it's digital, we probably won't even get one.

almost like it's a good idea to not preorder things without a ton of clearly unedited gameplay footage just thanks to brand recognition, or even better, preorder anything in general,

since cyberpunk showed even with 40 unedited minutes of footage you can still lie about everything and this is just a way of the company graciously relieving you of a choice to not give them money if the product turns out to be bad

 

Edited by ketrub
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Volvagia said:

the screenshots are seriously pissing me off - it's like they had no care in picking them... I swear if the game looks this bad in motion I will be asking for a refund... and because it's digital, we probably won't even get one.


Even the trailer showed similar quality to this, but less up front I guess? Anyways unless you play more than 2 hours you will be able to get a refund. That is R*'s return policy from their support site. I just hope that people who don't like the game find out before passing the 2 hour mark and still be able to get their money back. If you have played a few hours by the time you realize it rip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SquoniX said:

Good analysis but I hoped that the beach had more people and props. Seems like GSG is taking major screenshots without much traffic or pedestrians for some reason. 

It looks like some of these screenshots may have peds and traffic disabled for some reason, as we have other screenshots with plenty of that.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.