3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic

Spider-Vice

11 minutes ago, Midnight Hitman said:

Yeah, they have actually ADDED trees and plants instead of touching up the existing ones, I didn't expect that. I'm even more excited to see the forest areas in SA now.

At the moment it seems like this version of SA's map will outclass GTA V's map even more.

Weirdly enough, they even fixed the roofs. They had this mish-mash of black and grey textures but they are now totally grey. More pleasant to look at.

Although, they could have added a fake entrance/exit to the roof on top of the skyscraper to give a more polished look.

Old trees:

6VMX6g3.png

New trees:

ijqFfvr.png

Edited by SquoniX

38 minutes ago, Midnight Hitman said:

Yeah, they have actually ADDED trees and plants instead of touching up the existing ones, I didn't expect that. I'm even more excited to see the forest areas in SA now.

At the moment it seems like this version of SA's map will outclass GTA V's map even more.

Word!! I'd love to visit Hank Panky point as well as that log cabin and start shooting at passers-by below.

22 hours ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

I always wanted to wear the hood up on the Rockstar hoody, just like this dealer:

CrackDealer2.jpg

Deep down I still long for a toggle hood on/off feature. 

Hope this time e really can buy drugs from him

• KEKW 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

1 hour ago, SquoniX said:

cIUBWfH.png

The textures overall are definitely upgraded quite a bit!

"Carl,you look a little thin,man."

No,he don't

51 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

More vegetation:

Plus a giant palm three in the middle. Not sure if it was there in the original.

Lighting and explosion effects (reflections too) are vastly different now:

Before:

Xyktcsg.png

After:

5oUD0MB.png

Edited by SquoniX

Many environmental details have been improved, upgraded and added. That alone will change how players perceive and feel their surroundings as they will now look and feel more lived-in. I'm wondering how and what sound effects will be upgraded and added to complement these visual upgrades. That, too, will enhance the atmosphere across the whole map.

Just now, Jabalous said:

Many environmental details have been improved, upgraded and added. That alone will change how players perceive and feel their surroundings as they will now look and feel more lived-in. I'm wondering how and what sound effects will be upgraded and added to complement these visual upgrades. That, too, will enhance the atmosphere across the whole map.

personally i'm hoping that they don't change the sound effects too much. the sh*tty car sounds and clap-like guns were part of the atmosphere to me :kekw:

if they do (they probably will), i hope it's optional

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jabalous said:

I'm wondering how and what sound effects will be upgraded and added to complement these visual upgrades. That, too, will enhance the atmosphere across the whole map.

The pistol sound on the original sounds like you're hitting a plastic bottle on a table lol.

1 minute ago, imViolet said:

personally i'm hoping that they don't change the sound effects too much. the sh*tty car sounds and clap-like guns were part of the atmosphere to me :kekw:

I'm hoping for audio enhancements. I'm actually watching GTA: San Andreas All Cutscenes 4K right now and I notice that some audio is just very unfitting in todays world, especially if you have a good headset. 

And I'm pretty confident to say that they added more ambient sounds throughout the city/forests to make the world more alive :D

2 minutes ago, Havi said:

I'm hoping for audio enhancements. I'm actually watching GTA: San Andreas All Cutscenes 4K right now and I notice that some audio is just very unfitting in todays world, especially if you have a good headset. 

And I'm pretty confident to say that they added more ambient sounds throughout the city/forests to make the world more alive :D

I hope you are watching the ones where Silent Patch is used along with 13AG's Widescreen Fixes. Those two totally change how the cutscenes look without changing any graphics.

Edited by SquoniX

1 minute ago, Havi said:

I hope so too. I remember the first time I played GtaV I was pleased by the quality of far away ambient city sounds.

1 minute ago, imViolet said:

I expect these to be improved/enhanced, but I'm thinking more about the background effects/noise (e.g. city noise, crickets and insects in the countryside, woodlands and deserts). These kinds of stuff were missing in the original game, but now they might be added. I believe they will be added, including other effects like tree branches blowing in the wind and making noises. These small, but incremental details, will enhance the atmosphere beyond what the original game attempted to do (due to hardware constrains, maybe).

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Finding some good comparisons on the internet:

FCYy9uRWEAQu52S?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Changes:

• New trees
  • Better shadows
  • New lighting effects
  • Cables are now more smooth
  • New windows on vehicles
  • Reflections on vehicles
  • Higher quality models for vehicles
  • Reflections on the ground
  • New skybox
  • Interior now visible in CJ's house
  • Street lights are now smoother instead of being 3 polygons
  • More variation in pedestrian clothing (not visible in the lower pic but it's there)

Ah, this thread is way more chill than the other one. I should hang around here way more lmao

Here's a little SA comparison I did earlier. There's a massive number of new upgrades as you can see here. 

0IBmPhz.jpg

Edited by VideoTech

9 minutes ago, VideoTech said:

Ah, this thread is way more chill than the other one. I should hang around here way more lmao

Here's a little SA comparison I did earlier. There's a massive number of new upgrades as you can see here. 

0IBmPhz.jpg

Will there be no loading for interiors now?

10 minutes ago, VideoTech said:

0IBmPhz.jpg

I see water puddles on the ground, and they also have reflections if I'm not mistaken. The skybox might now block sunrays depending on the cloud cover.

Edited by Jabalous
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, StuntMaster100 said:

Will there be no loading for interiors now?

It seems like it will be the same as the original. at least with vice city the entrance for the hotel is still blacked out. Vice city and San Andreas had different ways of loading interiors. while vice city had interiors stuck inside of certain buildings hiding them from view, San Andreas had split locations that handled different interiors. (which is why you could fly to different interiors with the jetpack)  Out of all the techniques I feel like a portaling system between the doorway and whichever interior tied to the portal would work really nice in San Andreas.

Wl8uYLm.png

Smoke coming from the stacks behind ryders house looks nice. The overall haze that we will get looks definite top notch, i cant wait to see fog in the country side 👍

Edited by SoulStorm64

DavidReyes2250

I have seen many complain about the character models as they look very cartoonish. But I want to think that everything seen in the trailer and the images were recorded in the beta version of each game (although I doubt it). And what I want to get to, is hopefully the models will look better when the games are released. You already know R *, they always make their trailers and images in development versions and there are many examples of it.

• Like 1