3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic

Spider-Vice

FCVVXYOXEAAC-zr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Is it me or do windows in this picture look "real" as in being able to see what's inside? This also raises the question, are there going to be accessible interiors with functional doors?

Btw people saying that they don't look good need glasses or didn't play the original versions. They clearly improved a lot of things and on top of that we get quality of life additions like GPS and weapon and radio wheels. I assume they also fixed jogging being the default walk style.

9 minutes ago, const96b said:

Is it me or do windows in this picture look "real" as in being able to see what's inside? This also raises the question, are there going to be accessible interiors with functional doors?

At least for important places like CJ's house. I suspect safehouses will receive this treatment, maybe shops as well.

K2yjoYK.png

1 minute ago, GhettoJesus said:

At least for important places like CJ's house. I suspect safehouses will receive this treatment, maybe shops as well.

Yes, that's also how it works in GTA V. I'm asking because I could see it being some reflection that fools me. Such upgrades get me more excited for these games as they improve immersion. There are probably a lot of other things possible with the definitive edition. I hope we get more info cause currently I don't feel comfortable paying 60$ just for the graphical upgrades and the stuff mentioned in the newswire.

Also cross-posting here. Perhaps we should start using these specific analysis topics to talk about details like these :yee:

5 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Even added light props to the outside of various houses around Grove Street!

905ae00cf023a8e0c94b

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Frivolous_Raven
Just now, Spider-Vice said:

Also cross-posting here. Perhaps we should start using these specific analysis topics to talk about details like these :yee:

Bro, I can't wait to climb on that roof, jump to sweet's house and get the micro smg 🥵

BS_BlackScout

9 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Even added light props to the outside of various houses around Grove Street!

I could be wrong, but some vehicles seem to have a certain graininess to them. Much like in IV?

905ae00cf023a8e0c94b

Without such lighting the game would be ridiculous dark. It's not only a nice addition but I feel like it's necessary too.

TheGodDamnMaster
33 minutes ago, El Dorado said:

5cc492af48e9cd99e6e598951c4ef032829e74fe

70brkFg.png

and this is why i detest the pursuit of realism as a style in gaming. you lose a lot of the vibrant colors.

gFNsyFepSNK2dgwT5xpc_nintendo-games-gif_

Intel Core i9-9900k | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
MSI GeForce RTX2070 | WD Blue 1TB HDD | Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower | MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

I just remembered something big! The old ped models have new colours right?

So there's a chance we might have an orange tweleve, a yellow tweleve is already confirmed, so now we're missing the green, the blue, the red and the purple tweleves to have the full tweleve gauntlet and save the 3D universe. :jkek::jkek::jkek:

StanleySmooth47
1 hour ago, BennyGod said:

Wow, Rockstar fails again. Never forget the 360 port. I’m going to buy copies just to burn them.

Ah yes, buying their product. That'll show em.

1 hour ago, TheGodDamnMaster said:

and this is why i detest the pursuit of realism as a style in gaming. you lose a lot of the vibrant colors.

Agreed, if Las Venturas doesnt have that purple sky atleast sometimes, im going to be upset. Not a deal breaker though but i loved how each city in sam andreas had their own colored skies

• Like 1

2 hours ago, const96b said:

FCVVXYOXEAAC-zr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Btw people saying that they don't look good need glasses or didn't play the original versions. They clearly improved a lot of things and on top of that we get quality of life additions like GPS and weapon and radio wheels. I assume they also fixed jogging being the default walk style.

I might be dreaming, but you guys remember that we have burglary missions that make a lot of interiors accessible? Most of the house interiors look the same, except for some story-related houses.

3 hours ago, YoMizzy said:

I took the liberty to export these frames in after effects from the 4K Trailer directly hosted by Rockstar for the best image quality.

Thought this would also belong to this topic, please use at your disposal. 

Edited by Spider-Vice
edited out super big images as they still load - use the little arrow in the quote to go to the original topic!
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kaizen454 said:

And I have no proof yet, but I can almost promise that there will be certain things censored and changed from the originals to stay "politically correct". Such as the Haitians being removed from Vice City.

They removed Phil's confederate flag from his shirt on Vice City.

But they going as far as removing an entire immigrant gang would be too much, they are a integral part of the story.

MrGTAmodsgerman

Once i saw the screenshots and the trailer, i was confused how it looked. I had the feeling something isn't right there. So i tried to make what it should look like in my opinion for a Definitive Edition with "the classic look".

We definitly need ReShade when we want to have some nostalgia if you ask me.
GTA III:

kGzhdqF.jpeg

GTASA:

Spoiler

Ozhlv80.jpeg

nvUvLaA.jpeg

GTA Vice City

Spoiler

O8cbFfZ.jpeg

Now R*... WHY?

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman

1 hour ago, Pedinhuh said:

But they going as far as removing an entire immigrant gang would be too much, they are a integral part of the story.

They already did in version 3 of Vice City back in the day. They removed all references of them from the game and replaced their gang name with "gangsters". In Vice City Stories, they were replace with the Cholos gang. SOURCE: https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Haitians. They also did the same with the Cuban gangs as well: https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Cubans

1 hour ago, Pedinhuh said:

They removed Phil's confederate flag from his shirt on Vice City.

Why do people keep saying this? I don't understand, they were already removed, man. It's like saying they will remove the Hot Coffee feature when it was already removed. 

19 minutes ago, Dingleman said:

I color matched the top one to the bottom one in photoshop and got this. Kinda neat!

P5BgSPn.jpg

I'm sorry but the newer look is better, the yellow tint is a bit depressing tbh. 

• excuseme 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

Interiors are open by default now? You can see CJ's room on the first floor from the road where his spray can spawns. FCVVXYOXEAAC-zr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

2 hours ago, SquoniX said:

Why do people keep saying this? I don't understand, they were already removed, man. It's like saying they will remove the Hot Coffee feature when it was already removed. 

I'm sorry but the newer look is better, the yellow tint is a bit depressing tbh. 

Why do you say it’s depressing? Yellow is supposed to be the color of happiness lol

8 hours ago, const96b said:

It's the same trick that Spider-Man on PS4 did to give buildings depth. Essentially it's a repeating small square room with a parallax texture inside it that moves depending on where the camera is looking. It's super neat in that it's so simple and has little to no performance impact because you're not actually rendering a full room, just morphing a texture to mimic the depth of the room itself and everything inside it.

Edited by Wheatley
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

1 hour ago, Bigglo145 said:

Why do you say it’s depressing? Yellow is supposed to be the color of happiness lol

Typically but here, it looks kinda depressing like how sunny in India is considered good in the morning and depressing when around evening at 50 degrees Celsius. 

Man I hope CJ's eye color can be made darker using a mod. 

MartyThePlayer
9 hours ago, const96b said:

This also raises the question, are there going to be accessible interiors with functional doors?

I don't think most of SA's interiors match up well with the exterior architecture. Maybe some, but certainly not all of them. Would thus be much simpler to have the old interior entry system rather than having to redesign some interiors to make them directly accessible.
It's more likely, as other people mentioned, a graphical trick to give buildings more depth from the exterior.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MartyThePlayer said:

I don't think most of SA's interiors match up well with the exterior architecture. Maybe some, but certainly not all of them. Would thus be much simpler to have the old interior entry system rather than having to redesign some interiors to make them directly accessible.
It's more likely, as other people mentioned, a graphical trick to give buildings more depth from the exterior.

I hope they make the transition smoother. Kinda like this at 2:53

RickTheScorpio
11 hours ago, kasa said:

So you don’t want new additions which are an improvement to an old game? Now everyone is over the moon for old games with only graphical improvements.  Rockstar has it easy🤷🏼‍♂️

Well usually the point is to modernise the game not to add tons of new stuff to the game basically making it way too different from original. Yes, I would welcome new additions but for me, GTA V controls, instant replay and other new things are enough already