1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic

Spider-Vice

Midnight Hitman
15 hours ago, Havi said:

Doherty Garage (Construction)

- They need to fix the LODs on PC. They are too short range, even on max settings

source.gif

@Da_Lurker I will show the inside of the garage once I've hit that in progression. I just created a second save file to get here so you can see the construction area at least

This shot is goddamn horrible and reveals how immersion-breaking the draw distance and removal of fog is. No sense of scale at all. God damn.

Has anyone reached the snowy Liberty City / St Marks yet? Curious to see how it was done.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyGanteks said:

Has anyone reached the snowy Liberty City / St Marks yet? Curious to see how it was done.

Looks similar, frankly speaking. 

Rockstar released some really ugly screenshots. I wonder why, because it's easy to make a very good looking ones in these games.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Anda7x1 said:

q1cDJii.png

hmmm,how i get rid of this white mark everytime i aiming? it's annoying

It's for the babies new to GTA who need extra hand-holding.

To be honest, it's immersion breaking and is just really unnecessary – I did hear somebody say that you could deactivate it by going completely free-aim, but am yet to confirm that.

Edited by triks
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, triks said:

It's for the babies new to GTA who need extra hand-holding.

To be honest, it's immersion breaking and is just really unnecessary – I did hear somebody say that you could deactivate it by going completely free-aim, but am yet to confirm that.

nope, on pc its free aim and when you aim at someone they are highlighted

They have removed the confederate flag from Colonel Fuhrberger's house, small and unimportant change and one that i argue makes more sense (why would a US army colonel have a confederate battle flag?) 

I don't know if this flag appears in any other area and i honestly didn't even know it was a thing until a couple of months ago when i was exploring interiors. I'm guessing they removed it for the same reason as the confederate flags in VC.    

6eMQhTe.png

Vs the new flag, which is the us flag now 

IMG_0541.png?width=875&height=656

i wonder what else has been upscaled or changed in the interiors we can enter, or if anything in hidden interior universe has changed... 

• Like 2

Has anyone felt that the bass in the opening credits is higher and just... feels just louder and HQ? Oh, except for the fact that the footage shown is from 2 decades ago. 

Hmm, I mean - I guess it's just a regular Patriot, but it can spawn in civilain colors now?

Edited by Americana
  • Like 2

I wish they added the wayfarer and sanchez in the cities those just spawn in the countryside and desert

Edited by TTGMR

7 hours ago, Zerdical said:

nope, on pc its free aim and when you aim at someone they are highlighted

Yes, just fired up the DE for the first time now and discovered the sad truth – obviously the guy who said you could deactivate it was talking out his rear-end...

8 hours ago, Sootyjared said:

They have removed the confederate flag from Colonel Fuhrberger's house, small and unimportant change and one that i argue makes more sense (why would a US army colonel have a confederate battle flag?) 

I don't know if this flag appears in any other area and i honestly didn't even know it was a thing until a couple of months ago when i was exploring interiors. I'm guessing they removed it for the same reason as the confederate flags in VC.    

6eMQhTe.png

Vs the new flag, which is the us flag now 

IMG_0541.png?width=875&height=656

I kinda predicted that the confederate flag here would change to an American one, to be honest. That's one change I can't really complain about here.

I wonder what Liberty City and the St. Marks Bistro look like?

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

Ending:

Before:

AnRDd27.png

After:

mqFzAaT.png

If someone says "Spoilers!," I will boink you on the head. :miranda:

Edited by SquoniX

53 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

Ending:

Before:

AnRDd27.png

After:

mqFzAaT.png

If someone says "Spoilers!," I will boink you on the head. :miranda:

The streetlight being a backdrop adds to the "dark tone" of the scene. I just can't describe that emotion. XD

Have you encountered sandstorms in Bone County and Tierra Robada? Somebody said they're not in the game since the mobile release. But, I saw on Youtube that you can make them happen via cheat. Also, have you ever seen smog/fog while you were in any of the cities? Seems like this is another bug in the timecyc.

Finally, please do me a huuuuge favor (I'd bro love you for it) by taking a photo in Las Venturas while the riot and sandstorm cheat are activated. I used to spend hours upon hours back in the days pretending I was stuck in a sandstorm somewhere in the desert.

1 minute ago, DODI3OG said:

The streetlight being a backdrop adds to the "dark tone" of the scene. I just can't describe that emotion. XD

Have you encountered sandstorms in Bone County and Tierra Robada? Somebody said they're not in the game since the mobile release. But, I saw on Youtube that you can make them happen via cheat. Also, have you ever seen smog/fog while you were in any of the cities? Seems like this is another bug in the timecyc.

Finally, please do me a huuuuge favor (I'd bro love you for it) by taking a photo in Las Venturas while the riot and sandstorm cheat are activated. I used to spend hours upon hours back in the days pretending I was stuck in a sandstorm somewhere in the desert.

I haven't done a whole lot of missions I am feeling sick, so I can't say much about other counties but I will fire up the game and go to LV with the 0 wanted level cheat and the ones that you mentioned. :yee:

Edited by SquoniX

14 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

53vHOXn.png

rnVp9CT.png

6AbDYBz.png

LAGSDdr.png

4z2fA7y.png

Edited by SquoniX
  • Best Bru 3

@SquoniX

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. I'm gonna stare at these photos while I wait to have a console to play it on. May laptop won't be able to handle all these.

Also, the fog/sandstorm really helps in masking those LODs as shown by your photos. IDK why they didn't put them in permanently.

Edited by DODI3OG

5 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

@SquoniX

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. I'm gonna stare at these photos while I wait to have a console to play it on. May laptop won't be able to handle all these.

Also, the fog/sandstorm really helps in masking those LODs as shown by your photos. IDK why they didn't put them in permanently.

GTA 3 might work, I get 130 FPS at absolutely dogcrap settings but it looks kinda meh too. High-ultra settings give me anywhere from 35-70 FPS depending on where I am.

But yeah, I had rather play on a console if I were you.

Edited by SquoniX

Just now, SquoniX said:

GTA 3 might work, I get 130 FPS at absolutely dogcrap settings but it looks kinda meh too.

Might try to look for some "open-source" copy, so I can test it out first. I had GTA 3 on my iPad, but I wasn't able to get past the mission where I had to snipe people from that oil rig.

So, the riot cheat won't put some of these buildings on fire now? I was expecting to see smoke coming out of those other buildings.

Also, have you guys noticed if the classic wind system is still in the game? I'm talking about the trees and smoke reacting to natural as well as artificial wind caused by helicopters which were in the classic version.

The wind physics as well as the smoke and storm effects made my classic GTA SA gameplays look more intense than they really were with the help of some SFX mods.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

Might try to look for some "open-source" copy, so I can test it out first. I had GTA 3 on my iPad, but I wasn't able to get past the mission where I had to snipe people from that oil rig.

So, the riot cheat won't put some of these buildings on fire now? I was expecting to see smoke coming out of those other buildings.

Also, have you guys noticed if the classic wind system is still in the game? I'm talking about the trees and smoke reacting to natural as well as artificial wind caused by helicopters which were in the classic version.

The wind physics as well as the smoke and storm effects made my classic GTA SA gameplays look more intense than they really were with the help of some SFX mods.

Yeah, didn't see any smoke actually. You can still see cars with smoke coming out but I don't remember any buildings being affected which kinda ruins the feeling. Hell, there's even no audio of peds going mad.

Also, these are screenshots and things look more alive in motion, so there's that.

You can PM me regarding the "open-source" thing, I can give you some pointers.

As for the wind, everything waves even in normal cases. I have seen trees, foliage, crops and US flags waving. Helis, I would have to check again but I'd say that probably yeah, they would move more.

Edited by SquoniX

13 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

Yeah, didn't see any smoke actually. You can still see cars with smoke coming out but I don't remember any buildings being affected which kinda ruins the feeling. Hell, there's even no audio of peds going mad.

Also, these are screenshots and things look more alive in motion, so there's that.

You can PM me regarding the "open-source" thing, I can give you some pointers.

As for the wind, everything waves even in normal cases. I have seen trees, foliage, crops and US flags waving. Helis, I would have to check again but I'd say that probably yeah, they would move more.

I'll PM you after I finish hanging out with my family. I have at least 2 people I have to see tonight. XD

Kinda worried that buildings don't get set on fire in this edition. If you played Modern Warfare, the nuke aftermath scene really gave me lots of ideas to roleplay in GTA SA to the point I started downloading character conversions. XD

That's the reason why I'm really looking forward into sandstorms and the riot cheat. It reminds me a lot of that particular scene.

EDIT: AFAIK, ambient sounds come with the rioting. Sucks that there's also no ambient sound with the rioting in this edition.

EDIT 2: 

Edited by DODI3OG
  • Like 2
  • YEE 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

Before and after fog in the latest update:

y3VzMB3.png

VgQI5Xp.png

MYCNZfT.png

This looks great to sell the illusion that you are flying really high, in the original i remember you could fly through clouds and couldnt see the ground from max height, this is one step closer to that

BS_BlackScout

This isn't fog, it's a cloud layer. They still need to tweak the lack of fog in clear weather imo.

• Like 6