4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic

Spider-Vice

48 minutes ago, mathhead said:

FDy3vH3WQAII0ff?format=jpg&name=medium

I wonder why they removed "shocked and saddened" face, it gave depth to Carl's characteristic as when he enters the home, he remembers his mother and the childhood days and hits him like a shockwave. 

Now he's like:

My mom died here....so anyway :modkek:

sankalppateriya
5 minutes ago, Gutslab said:

it was a skateboard icon

Maybe skateboard coming, or maybe it was a mistake!

1 minute ago, sankalppateriya said:

Maybe skateboard coming, or maybe it was a mistake!

Just a mistake, unfortunately

sankalppateriya
8 minutes ago, Anda7x1 said:

Just a mistake, unfortunately

We never know, they haven't posted all weapon HUDs so it makes sense they chose those to be featured just to be later removed! There were two icons from LCS too, why would they remake icons from LCS just to put them under trilogy?

53 minutes ago, sankalppateriya said:

We never know, they haven't posted all weapon HUDs so it makes sense they chose those to be featured just to be later removed! There were two icons from LCS too, why would they remake icons from LCS just to put them under trilogy?

Yeah, it's sus. Literally only the cut weapon icons were shown, aside from the brass knuckles, I believe.

Not 100% sure though, can't find that page where they were hoste.d

Edited by Komosexual

CynicalMexican

ALL RIGHT WHO IS READY FOR SOME ANALYSIS!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b10c0d06110dcfca9a

- Texture fidelity overall looks pretty good so far

- Vegetation looks pretty damn fantastic, it's been updated to make the environment look a lot richer

- The ground has a few extra props which give me quite a lot of hope for how this will look

- Skybox coming through again

- I can't tell if the animation has been changed a bit or if it's just the model or angle; even so, any changes were pretty subtle.

- Also, there's an additional fence at the very beginning of this shot, a nice detail to have.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a68478551a245891ef

- Again, texture work is pretty good here, CJ's house looks a hell of a lot more detailed

- More props as well, though relatively minor

- The pictures in the house got changed; granted, the original photos looked weird anyway; slightly disappointed they didn't make new models for the Johnson family to have as photos

giphy.gif

- Ryder looks really plastic-y, sorry that's all I can say lol

- Smoke particle effect looks better I guess

giphy.gif

- The barn has lights!

- Round barrel!

- The forest has a bit more density which is definitely a very nice touch

- Ah, I cannot wait to traverse the countryside with those beautiful stars!

giphy.gif

- The lighting looks a little warmer here; consistent with the originals cenes

- The reflection on the fridge, noice.

giphy.gif

- Interestingly enough, the TV screens actually are accurate; in the original, the texture that was used was a Burger Shot receipt - hey look a bug that got fixed!

giphy.gif

- Who cares about Riminos, the f*ck is going on with that dude? He looks like he got slightly mesh smoothed and then had his hands re-modeled. Honestly, that is a jarring model, he looks really weird.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611afda07ff5c54078ba4

- I like how the window blinds were adjusted, and the amount of light coming in is accurate

- Ryder's house has more of that warm yet dirty feeling, just like the original

Edited by CynicalMexican

sankalppateriya
4 minutes ago, BS_BlackScout said:

Also, jQhZa1m.png

Here's the fence frame.

Looks like the map got an upgrade too, so it will be more dense than the originals!

• Like 1

CynicalMexican
7 minutes ago, BS_BlackScout said:

Also, jQhZa1m.png

Here's the fence frame.

It's little things like this in contrast to Rimino-gate that make this whole project kinda bizarre.

I put it in the main thread like this: imagine making an apple pie - it smells pretty good, the texture is solid, and it tastes great, it's nice and flaky... but a few darn apple seeds and egg shell bits are ruining it.

It's like, how the f*ck are you putting so much effort into the props and fences and such, but f*ck up the texture of a GSF member? And it isn't even an upscale error either, it looks like it was drawn by a 4th grader beginning how to draw fonts at an elementary level. Yes, it's that bad.

Sorry to bring that up in here - this whole project has been a roller coaster.

• Like 5

BS_BlackScout

-NVM-
_
If you saw the post, I had the image zoomed in when I exported in Premiere that's why I was wrong so I erased everything.

Edited by BS_BlackScout

sankalppateriya
25 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

It's little things like this in contrast to Rimino-gate that make this whole project kinda bizarre.

I put it in the main thread like this: imagine making an apple pie - it smells pretty good, the texture is solid, and it tastes great, it's nice and flaky... but a few darn apple seeds and egg shell bits are ruining it.

It's like, how the f*ck are you putting so much effort into the props and fences and such, but f*ck up the texture of a GSF member? And it isn't even an upscale error either, it looks like it was drawn by a 4th grader beginning how to draw fonts at an elementary level. Yes, it's that bad.

Sorry to bring that up in here - this whole project has been a roller coaster.

I really hope they fix the clothing, maybe an update after the game is released would also be okay. Everything looks great. It's like the characters and stuff was made by gsg and the map was made by rockstar Dundee!

CynicalMexican
2 minutes ago, sankalppateriya said:

I really hope they fix the clothing, maybe an update after the game is released would also be okay. Everything looks great. It's like the characters and stuff was made by gsg and the map was made by rockstar Dundee!

What's odd is that the rest of the texture work for advertisements/brands in the game so far look to be OK to pretty damn good. That whole thing is just bizarre.

• Like 1

Lock n' Stock
Just now, CynicalMexican said:

What's odd is that the rest of the texture work for advertisements/brands in the game so far look to be OK to pretty damn good. That whole thing is just bizarre.

Kind of reaffirms my stance that the environments look pretty good but the character models are a mess.

• Like 2

CynicalMexican
Just now, Lock n' Stock said:

Kind of reaffirms my stance that the environments look pretty good but the character models are a mess.

GTA 3 seems to be the most consistent and best looking - incidentally, GTA 3 has the fewest models used out of any game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sankalppateriya said:

oof

2 hours ago, sankalppateriya said:

same lol. I think 3 different teams worked on them

6 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

The biggest problem I have with all the character models is that the devs tried to emulate their old "cartoony" feel and looks...When in reality said cartoons looks and feel were just there because of the technical limitations of consoles at the time, R* couldn't afford to make fancy looking playable characters like Leon in RE4 because they already had crammed their games with way more content.

Which is why looking at these new models for me looks uncanny as hell, they are trying to emulate a style that was never meant to be there to begin with.

Also, for the love of God I hope they made the characters fingers in San Andreas to actually be animated on cutscenes now, so far all I have seen are static fingers

The design document of GTA3 says otherwise: nothing about technical limitations and the GTA3 beta looked even MORE cartoony! It was a DELIBERATE choice by R*...

Also: R* told us already they simply enhance what is there, no new animations, etc. So no animated fingers.

Reddy_Dufresne
6 hours ago, mathhead said:

FDy3vH3WQAII0ff?format=jpg&name=medium

I wonder why they removed "shocked and saddened" face, it gave depth to Carl's characteristic as when he enters the home, he remembers his mother and the childhood days and hits him like a shockwave. 

It just looks like Carl's hands were stung by a swarm of bees.

But what bugs me the most: black people don't have palms the same color as their backhand. 

On the positive side is that since the game is already available and people are showing early footage, the haters can judge it now based on the gameplay and maybe get their minds changed and everyone else who was doubtful. I guess I'm gonna try-hard avoiding any early footage today

Edited by Havi
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Havi said:

On the positive side is that since the game is already available and people are showing early footage, the haters can judge it now based on the gameplay and maybe get their minds changed and everyone else who was doubtful. I guess I'm gonna try-hard avoiding any early footage today

Yes, there's a certain group of people judging it negatively despite the massive improvements made. Those people have always been there and they will enjoy the games nevertheless, I'm pretty sure. Speaking of myself, the trilogy really impressed me as it made me return to the forums and modding. Having a better engine will hinder game crashes and limits, which will add a whole new dimension to have more fun

I was already starting to like it, then i see some small changed clothing details in main characters that makes no sense.

Its like the team that makes them has 0 understanding/contest what the setting of the era/sub culture is.

Turning Ryders baseball caps top part in to army cap shape is just weird choise. Aint no late 80s/early 90s californian street gangster wearing army caps :kekw:

Small thing but it just bothers me lol

Are they just clueless nerds or purposely trying to avoid Eazy E lawsuits by doing that small detail change??

Spoiler

Eric Eazy-E Wright The Godfather of Gangsta Rap (September 7, 1964 – March  26, 1995) – EastSideMedia.TV

Which would be weird because eazy e was just one of the thousands who dressed like that in california and not the inventor of the style.

The coach jacket, black locs shades, baseball caps with the curved old english font text are just popular clothings of the era. Nobody owns it.

Spoiler

76 ideas de Eazy-E | imagenes de hip hop, raperos, rapPost [169239288914] - thug-of-arabia.tumblr.com - Tumbex

Bg knock out in the same style

http://www.dubcnm.com/artistimages/bg_knoccout_large.jpg

Even MC Eiht the voice of Ryder dressed like that.

MC Eiht (Comptons Most Wanted and 1993s Menace II Society) posted up at the  7th Avenue station in the early 90s: nycCompton's Most Wanted | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

In other hand good thing is that his jacket is supposed to be coach windbreaker and it actually has that windbreaker coach jacket shiny look now

giphy.gifWESTSUMMIT Premium Water-Resistant Trendy Rain Coach Work Jacket Windbreaker  (Green, 2X)- Buy Online in Jordan at jordan.desertcart.com. ProductId :  184393269.

But for some reason mistakes on clothing really bother me like the hat. Looks good from front and how its supposed to in that gif top, but when i saw the back of it, its dissapointing little thing and makes me wonder how many other classic clothing things are they going to butcher on characters and npc's.

I noticed that in vice city they have changed Tommys adidas superstar looking shoes in to not look like adidas but some random tennis shoes.

i was wishing they would use some type of variety for the main character clothings too like in gta v, like Sweet and Smoke would sometimes in some missions wear their beta outfits for example, but it seems they still just use same clothing everyday. Would have made the game feel more alive and real if its was like in gta v where the main characters change clothing in different days.

Ryder Smoke Sweet Kendl Beta for Android - GTALand.netGTA San Andreas Beta Sweet Mod - GTAinside.com

7 hours ago, BS_BlackScout said:

Also, jQhZa1m.png

Here's the fence frame.

Not everyone are fan of the "orange hue" from PS2 version, but for me it definitely set the mood for LS. Even without that PS2 color effect that emphasized the heat and air pollution of the city even more, other versions had a specific tone going on in LS too, different from other cities. Now they've just "upgraded" the lighting and called it a day?? ffs. this is cinematography 101!

I tried photoshopping that effect to the scene, even added a "sun" back there that seems to be missing in the DE version for some reason. I'm sure that R* ARTISTS originally thought about the importance of the scene where you start playing the game and things like the sun rising ahead of you was a deliberate artistic decision.

xweJvX5.png

1 hour ago, Mktz1 said:

I was already starting to like it, then i see some small changed clothing details in main characters that makes no sense.

Its like the team that makes them has 0 understanding/contest what the setting of the era/sub culture is.

Turning Ryders baseball caps top part in to army cap shape is just weird choise. Aint no late 80s/early 90s californian street gangster wearing army caps :kekw:

Small thing but it just bothers me lol

Are they just clueless nerds or purposely trying to avoid Eazy E lawsuits by doing that small detail change??

Reveal hidden contents

Eric Eazy-E Wright The Godfather of Gangsta Rap (September 7, 1964 – March  26, 1995) – EastSideMedia.TV

Which would be weird because eazy e was just one of the thousands who dressed like that in california and not the inventor of the style.

The coach jacket, black locs shades, baseball caps with the curved old english font text are just popular clothings of the era. Nobody owns it.

Reveal hidden contents

76 ideas de Eazy-E | imagenes de hip hop, raperos, rapPost [169239288914] - thug-of-arabia.tumblr.com - Tumbex

Bg knock out in the same style

http://www.dubcnm.com/artistimages/bg_knoccout_large.jpg

Even MC Eiht the voice of Ryder dressed like that.

MC Eiht (Comptons Most Wanted and 1993s Menace II Society) posted up at the  7th Avenue station in the early 90s: nycCompton's Most Wanted | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

In other hand good thing is that his jacket is supposed to be coach windbreaker and it actually has that windbreaker coach jacket shiny look now

giphy.gifWESTSUMMIT Premium Water-Resistant Trendy Rain Coach Work Jacket Windbreaker  (Green, 2X)- Buy Online in Jordan at jordan.desertcart.com. ProductId :  184393269.

But for some reason mistakes on clothing really bother me like the hat. Looks good from front and how its supposed to in that gif top, but when i saw the back of it, its dissapointing little thing and makes me wonder how many other classic clothing things are they going to butcher on characters and npc's.

I noticed that in vice city they have changed Tommys adidas superstar looking shoes in to not look like adidas but some random tennis shoes.

i was wishing they would use some type of variety for the main character clothings too like in gta v, like Sweet and Smoke would sometimes in some missions wear their beta outfits for example, but it seems they still just use same clothing everyday. Would have made the game feel more alive and real if its was like in gta v where the main characters change clothing in different days.

Ryder Smoke Sweet Kendl Beta for Android - GTALand.netGTA San Andreas Beta Sweet Mod - GTAinside.com

Perhaps, Ryder's in-game and cutscene textures are now matched, instead of one being shiny/plastic and the other looking matte and organic.

There are definitely more ped variants now.

This guy used to have a cap over his bandana in the OG GTA San An. They removed his cap from all of his variants possibly due to clipping issues, which wasn't present in the OG GTA SA because the entire character model is made of one mesh and texture.

6.png

That model above has at least two other variants. One with a white windbreaker, and the other with gray.

The VLA dude wearing a plain white tshirt also has blue and grey tshirt variants now.

5.png

Ballas wearing chore coat doesn't wear a bandana in this scene. Same for the Ballas dude supposedly wearing a white tshirt, now he's wearing a purple tee, khaki shorts, and no bandana.

4.png

Drug dealer now wears white tank top and some kind of beanie, instead of his hairnet/durag.

3.png

Fam1 (aka Tarnel, AKA Franklin) variants. Both without the bandana, one of them is wearing grey undershirt and Khakis.

2a.png

Striped Polo Shirt Azteca now has a plain variant.

Chola wearing a light blue tracksuit and bucket hat now has a white variant.

1.png

Edited by DODI3OG

Plenty of streams/leaks out there of the definitive versions out there if you look hard enough since it's been released in other countries that's ahead of us in time zones. It's all the same physics/animations from what I've seen. Just overhauled textures/lighting and better models with more polygons. SA has more vegetation added to it though.

ThatBenGuy1998

Fun Fact:

GTA III, VC, and SA are all older than YouTube. It really makes you think, doesn’t it?