San Andreas Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic

Spider-Vice

47 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

GTA: San Andreas vs GTA V (Los Santos) -

GTA V -

2vzAnpU.png

GTA: San Andreas -

GTASA_PS5_Retail-4.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks that the downtown skyline looks more accurate to real life in GTA San Andreas compared to GTA V?

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

3 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the downtown skyline looks more accurate to real life in GTA San Andreas compared to GTA V?

There is certainly a bigger skyline when it comes to GTA:SA as compared to GTA V.

Thomas Cavendish
1 hour ago, MrBreak16 said:

Probably yes, you are the only one.

CynicalMexican
5 hours ago, Lioshenka said:

You say this as if this remastered version is going to be free of those problems.

Believe me, it won't. Add to this the ruined atmosphere and the increased draw distance and we have another On-line, which is a bare money making exercise.

On topic: I had my reservations about the remaster, giving R* the benefit of a doubt, but dear god, it looks like a parent butchering own child. This should be f*cking illegal.

Tenpenny drops CJ off in Angel Pine:

- Where are we?

- Middle of f... oh never mind, there's Los Santos just over that hill, and over there is Las Venturas. Nice polluted air.

When someone says "believe me", they are absolutely bullsh*tting you.

9 hours ago, SquoniX said:

Good analysis but one correction, the upscaled jeans you mentioned, those are the default ones, right? I'm asking because the jeans he is wearing is a different one. 

I totally agree with the road signs. It's actually a bigger deal for me than I thought because I wanted them to look more crisp and with lights below them but none of that has happened, sad. 

Yeah, I'm referring to the original jeans. The textures for CJ's other clothes look great though, which leads me to think the weird upscaled jeans are probably a placeholder.

That's my main problem with the remaster. It's "too faithful" in some degrees by keeping the same issues that people complained about back in the day. Not bugs or game breaking issues. Just minor things that never made sense. Like:

- The less appealing LCPD color scheme, when the pre 9/11 baby blue was much better.

- The license plates; I would rather they have "San Andreas" license plates than by city; that was an error by the Scottish developers who didn't understand American license plates, and they didn't get this right until GTA 5.

- The bland highway signs; San Andreas would benefit from interstate signs like GTA 5.

It may be a remaster, but if I could give GSG feedback, it's fix the little things that never made sense.

6 hours ago, pawel86ck said:

This orange atmosphere looks a little bit pale, more like xbox version, not PS2 version (or PC version with skygfx mod).

I'm OK with a more pale orange sky. The PS2 orange sky felt a bit overkill tbh.

1 hour ago, MrBreak16 said:

Its just because SA has slightly more buildings. From certain angles the skyline in V looks a lot like LA’s.

GTA V:
348802-1.jpg

LA:

88.jpg

GTA SA:

2a6af5ae07ca21da44ea121cd8d642681d091673

27 minutes ago, Niccky said:

Its just because SA has slightly more buildings. From certain angles the skyline in V looks a lot like LA’s.

GTA V:
348802-1.jpg

LA:

88.jpg

GTA SA:

2a6af5ae07ca21da44ea121cd8d642681d091673

But that last screenshot is neither the Definitive Edition nor the original game without mods, right? 

Good comparison but I wanted to be sure. 

3 hours ago, SquoniX said:

Totally remodelled tower next to the Bank of San Andreas (aka next to the Maze Bank tower):

Before:

jcOycsL.png?1

After:

lQXkcRB.png

That is ridiculous, it looks very very good.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

CynicalMexican
18 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

That is ridiculous, it looks very very good.

The reflections are pretty under-rated IMO; in the original GTA SA it would just have a static texture that was supposed to be glass.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

I'm OK with a more pale orange sky. The PS2 orange sky felt a bit overkill tbh.

I know people have different preferences, but the thing is, original game on PS2 had specific color grading (orange atmosphere), and remasters should never change orignal artistic intention.

1534946558-sa-mp-002-2.png

People would be disappointed seeing iconic films like the matrix without it's green color filter (even UHD remaster has green color filter) and I'm also disappointed seeing San Andreas remaster without original color grading.  

Mybe it will be possible to change color grading in the options (like in vice city on xbox) but if not I hope moders will be able to implement similar orange atmosphere.

CynicalMexican
4 minutes ago, pawel86ck said:

I know people have different preferences, but the thing is, original game on PS2 had specific color grading (orange atmosphere), and remasters should never change orignal artistic intention.

1534946558-sa-mp-002-2.png

People would be disappointed seeing iconic films like the matrix without it's green color filter (even UHD remaster has green color filter) and I'm also disappointed seeing San Andreas remaster without original color grading.  

Mybe it will be possible to change color grading in the options (like in vice city on xbox) but if not I hope moders will be able to implement similar orange atmosphere.

Fair enough; truth be told, I feel the San Andreas' remaster was the one that received the most dramatic change in terms of that sort of direction.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NikoBello said:

Yeah man. I did not go to Disney World and did not experience it myself, but I saw pictures of it from a friend's Facebook account, which represents the experience (he had pictures, and they are real), so that means I can judge it. I gave my non-existent Walt Disney World trip a 5/5, even if I never had one. Case closed. 

If my friend was in Disney world and he shows me a picture where everything is on fire and theres a homless person sh*tting in the corner, I would surly reconsider future visits...

4 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

When someone says "believe me", they are absolutely bullsh*tting you.

Want to bet? R* doesn't really have a good recent history of porting games, and I doubt this one will be much different.

I mean we've only had a handful of screenshots, and already there are floating numberplates and bats, brake lights on the front of the train, bizarre trapezoid windows and  big-boned scientific curiosity that is Tommy, who inherited pale head from his white Italian mother and hands from his black dad.

Edited by Lioshenka

8 hours ago, Lioshenka said:

Want to bet? R* doesn't really have a good recent history of porting games, and I doubt this one will be much different.

I mean we've only had a handful of screenshots, and already there are floating numberplates and bats, brake lights on the front of the train, bizarre trapezoid windows and  big-boned scientific curiosity that is Tommy, who inherited pale head from his white Italian mother and hands from his black dad.

I want to bet. I bet that the game will be good and we (the og's) will love it.

6 hours ago, CHER0KEE said:

I want to bet. I bet that the game will be good and we (the og's) will love it.

I play GTA since Vice City and that doesn't change the fact the we (the "og's") got the hability to say if something is worth the money or not, I bought the trilogy yesterday and already I feel like I'm stupid because they haven't even showed us a gameplay.

Sem_titulo.png

curious to see defintive edition version of this

21 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

CJ and Ryder at Grove Street comparison:

Before: 

ty8EjbV.png

After:

NvdsVBj.png

this has to be one of the least favourable comparisons for the SA remaster yet holy sh*t

On 11/5/2021 at 8:50 PM, SquoniX said:

This is definitely not how the game will look a lot of the time, it will have an orange hint around evening, I have seen it in other screenshots.

It does look a little strange to me for some reason I can't put a finger on, it doesn't look bad but it's a little odd to think this is San Andreas.

As I mentioned before I think this is going to need some getting used to, especially since I am very familiar with the original look of GTASA.

Edited by The_Ghost

4 minutes ago, (Vip)Met said:

3a105adc9af0528f4b310a8ee84129bf.jpg1286900e5f11e6b23fdfde23e81e28ab.png

Yeah as for the house itself thats literally the same texture, I don't even think they upscaled it. Pretty weird even for GSG standards. However, they did give the balcony a nice revamp so I appreciate that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zanesix said:

Yeah as for the house itself thats literally the same texture, I don't even think they upscaled it. Pretty weird even for GSG standards. However, they did give the balcony a nice revamp so I appreciate that.

Compare those with this: 

905ae00cf023a8e0c94b.jpg

• Like 2

When they said that GTA DE will be a mixture of new and old, I didn't really think that they will use textures and stuff from 2004.

3 minutes ago, mathhead said:

Compare those with this: 

905ae00cf023a8e0c94b.jpg

Yep, still the same texture lol. What is with GSG and overhauling everything EXCEPT main assets in SA?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SquoniX said:

CJ and Ryder at Grove Street comparison:

Before: 

ty8EjbV.png

After:

NvdsVBj.png

I hate what they did to the facial hairs. Ryder beard and stache looks to manicured, in the original it look like chin fuzz and a light mustache. Cj default facial hair wAs just chin fuzz, looks like he has a 5 o clock shadow beard now

MrGTAmodsgerman
24 minutes ago, (Vip)Met said:

3a105adc9af0528f4b310a8ee84129bf.jpg1286900e5f11e6b23fdfde23e81e28ab.png

They removed the anti burglary bars on the windows. It would give more depth.

• Like 2

CynicalMexican
2 minutes ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

They removed the anti burglary bars on the windows. It would give more depth.

Kinda. The bars you point out were a static texture rather than a prop.

Capt.Bojangles
4 hours ago, mathhead said:

905ae00cf023a8e0c94b.jpg

look at the dirt drive way leading to Sweet's garage door the way the light is reflecting off it.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

suicidehummer

The complaints about increased draw distance make no sense. From ground level, you can't see the horizon most of the time anyway, so how would it affect the sense of scale? You're looking at Chiliad in that pic from an aerial perspective.

34 minutes ago, zanesix said:

Yep, still the same texture lol. What is with GSG and overhauling everything EXCEPT main assets in SA?

CJ's house had better detail than anything else to begin with, so maybe the idea was just to bring the rest of the world up to that level. I mean, the details of the peeling paint and stuff already looked good enough IMO.

• Bruh 2