Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Contract
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

San Andreas Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic


Spider-Vice
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

yeah I am not sure what it is either, I think I am so used to San Andreas's sky being either orange or blue, and this new color palette just needs some getting used to.

 

This is definitely not how the game will look a lot of the time, it will have an orange hint around evening, I have seen it in other screenshots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cutter De Blanc
1 hour ago, SquoniX said:

GTASA_PS5_Retail-4.jpg

Like where is the light source actually even coming from in this shot? The shadows look odd, some things cast them some dont, some shadows look like they should be on the ground here and they're not. I think Rockstar took creative liberties with the placement of the sun or something 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn it, it's not worth 60 bucks. THIS HAS BEEN DONE FOR TWO YEARS, and your windows are floating!

LiBaoQf7Q2w.png

  • KEKW 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want to stay on the classic version go ahead,enjoy pop ins,peds and cars appearing from nowhere,sh*tty draw distance....this problem compared to original is nothing

Edited by Anda7x1
  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BS_BlackScout
1 hour ago, silentchan said:

Damn it, it's not worth 60 bucks. THIS HAS BEEN DONE FOR TWO YEARS, and your windows are floating!

LiBaoQf7Q2w.png

I assume you refer to the UV mapping/model issue?
Yeah that's weird.

 

I9ITlkc.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Anda7x1 said:

If you want to stay on the classic version go ahead,enjoy pop ins,peds and cars appearing from nowhere,sh*tty draw distance....this problem compared to original is nothing

 

 

 

 

 

 

Classics had a better atmosphere, superior character models and didn't look like the Sims. sh*tty draw distance was done on purpose, SA's map is actually small as hell and with the remaster you will be able to see Las Venturas and SF just from standing on a building in LS. Its immersion breaking

Edited by Journey_95
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Journey_95 said:

 

Classics had a better atmosphere, superior character models and didn't look like the Sims. sh*tty draw distance was done on purpose, SA's map is actually small as hell and with the remaster you will be able to see Las Venturas and SF just from standing on a building in LS. Its immersion breaking

Cool, if you don't like it don't buy it. No one's forcing you to get it, you probably already have the originals already so these shouldn't be replacing them for you. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Peteryeeter said:

Cool, if you don't like it don't buy it. No one's forcing you to get it, you probably already have the originals already so these shouldn't be replacing them for you. 


I'll get it but I won't buy it..

 

And I'll still complain,this trilogy deserves better

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

 

Classics had a better atmosphere, superior character models and didn't look like the Sims. sh*tty draw distance was done on purpose, SA's map is actually small as hell and with the remaster you will be able to see Las Venturas and SF just from standing on a building in LS. Its immersion breaking


sh*tty draw distance done on purpose? Yeah sure, totally not due to the hardware limitations at the time. And how is not being able to see more than 1 kilometer immersion-breaking? :kekw:

Edited by Koger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Koger said:


sh*tty draw distance done on purpose? Yeah sure, totally not due to the hardware limitations at the time. And how is not being able to see more than 1 kilometer immersion-breaking? :kekw:

 

The map in general was only that small because of hardware limitations so the "sh*tty" draw distance made sense.

 

Being able to see LV and SF in detail from LS is immersion breaking, when you play the original it doesn't feel like the cities are that close to each other. Once you improve the draw distance the illusion is lost.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

 

The map in general was only that small because of hardware limitations so the "sh*tty" draw distance made sense.

 

Being able to see LV and SF in detail from LS is immersion breaking, when you play the original it doesn't feel like the cities are that close to each other. Once you improve the draw distance the illusion is lost.


They couldn't increase the draw distance even if they wanted to. The game is barely playable as it is. The illusion of distance was only a by-product of the hardware and yet people still think it was this genius idea by the masters of deception over at Rockstar Games. It's not that they wanted to but had to make the game the way it is. If making the world seem larger by using poor draw distance was their intended plan, you can bet they would still be doing it today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Koger said:


They couldn't increase the draw distance even if they wanted to. The game is barely playable as it is. The illusion of distance was only a by-product of the hardware and yet people still think it was this genius idea by the masters of deception over at Rockstar Games. It's not that they wanted to but had to make the game the way it is. If making the world seem larger by using poor draw distance was their intended plan, you can bet they would still be doing it today.

 

Rockstar isn't doing this remaster and its not the same company at this point anyway (too many important people have left).  Hell look at the butchered character models, this remaster is very messy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Journey_95 said:

 

Rockstar isn't doing this remaster and its not the same company at this point anyway (too many important people have left).  Hell look at the butchered character models, this remaster is very messy

Wish I had a crystal ball like you to judge something that has not come out yet. 

  • Like 1
  • Best Bru 1
  • Bruh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Journey_95 said:

 

Rockstar isn't doing this remaster and its not the same company at this point anyway (too many important people have left).  Hell look at the butchered character models, this remaster is very messy

Grove Street Games did this remaster not Rockstar Games they are just publishing it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, NikoBello said:

Wish I had a crystal ball like you to judge something that has not come out yet. 

They shared screenshots which are representative of the final product, therefore the game can be judged visually. Case closed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, zanesix said:

They shared screenshots which are representative of the final product, therefore the game can be judged visually. Case closed.

Yeah man. I did not go to Disney World and did not experience it myself, but I saw pictures of it from a friend's Facebook account, which represents the experience (he had pictures, and they are real), so that means I can judge it. I gave my non-existent Walt Disney World trip a 5/5, even if I never had one. Case closed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NikoBello said:

Yeah man. I did not go to Disney World and did not experience it myself, but I saw pictures of it from a friend's Facebook account, which represents the experience (he had pictures, and they are real), so that means I can judge it. I gave my non-existent Walt Disney World trip a 5/5, even if I never had one. Case closed. 

You don't need to play a game if you're talking about how it looks my guy. idk why this is so complicated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zanesix said:

You don't need to play a game if you're talking about how it looks my guy. idk why this is so complicated.

The game is not out yet. You only have less than 1 minute of footage to judge the game and a several screenshots, which are likely from a few builds ago. 

You can think what you want, but don't force others to join the anti-Rockstar bias taskforce, until actual gameplay is out. Just my 2 cents. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NikoBello said:

The game is not out yet. You only have less than 1 minute of footage to judge the game and a several screenshots, which are likely from a few builds ago. 

You can think what you want, but don't force others to join the anti-Rockstar bias taskforce, until actual gameplay is out. Just my 2 cents. 

lmao yeah I'm part of the "anti-Rockstar bias taskforce" because I think it's okay to judge what they have decided to show people, ok. What exactly is the point of this thread and others if not to talk about what they've shown of the game? If you want to wait until the game releases to judge it why are you even here?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, zanesix said:

lmao yeah I'm part of the "anti-Rockstar bias taskforce" because I think it's okay to judge what they have decided to show people, ok. What exactly is the point of this thread and others if not to talk about what they've shown of the game? If you want to wait until the game releases to judge it why are you even here?

 

C'mon man. There is clearly a difference between saying that "this is a lazy remaster, a messy one, the devs messed everything up" (with the little content that is out) and having some opinions that are not definitive and that are also fair, when looking at the overall scope of work. Moderation is the key to everything, and exaggeration is definitely a big part of these topics. 

 

And don't "case closed" me. Nobody can judge a videogame until it is out, period. 

Edited by NikoBello
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NikoBello said:

C'mon man. There is clearly a difference between saying that "this is a lazy remaster, a messy one, the devs messed everything up" and having some opinions that are not definitive and that are also fair, when looking at the overall scope of work. Moderation is the key to everything, and exaggeration is definitely a big part of these topics. 

Eeehh I don't think it's really exaggeration. It all depends on their opinion and personal dealbreakers. If bad character models are a dealbreaker for a particular person, then it's fair for them to say that they "messed it up". The one thing that shouldn't be gatekept is other people's opinions, lol.

3 minutes ago, NikoBello said:

And don't "case closed" me. Nobody can judge a videogame until it is out, period. 

They can't judge a whole game, sure, but they can judge parts of one and come to the conclusion themselves if that helps or hinders the experience. That's the point of prerelease material, to give to a glimpse of what the game is going to be like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NikoBello said:

Wish I had a crystal ball like you to judge something that has not come out yet. 

 

well, the trilogy is going to be released in 5 days and im pretty sure that the models are not going to change

so @Journey_95's opinion on characters models is valid i guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CynicalMexican

Screenshot analysis:

81tho3GPt6L.jpg

 

- First off, it looks like the classic, hazy, orange sky we all know and love has returned. It looks good; it's obvious that the devs have played around with the timecyc quite a lot, and I'm happy with the way it looks. Admittedly, I hoped they would have a slightly less exaggerated approach, but it still looks great.

- The moon! Look at how fantastic it looks! What an upgrade!

- CJ's pants look better in this shot and have a decent texture - I hope those upscaled jeans were just a placceholder

- The baseball bats appear to have a steel look and look a lot better.

- CJ's facial expressions are a bit awkward; Ryder on the other hand looks good.

- Transparent trash bag! It looks amazing!

- The telephone lines got a bit of an overhaul, they look less jagged.

 

71-h1ErH03L.jpg

 

- Car reflections look really good!

- Sweet's facial expressions look good, and so far throughout the images we've gotten, Sweet has looked pretty good. He still has his muggy angry look but it's nothing too crazy.

- Fire arm models coming through as usual.

- Again, I'm liking how the time cycle is looking here; you get that classic "sunset" vibe that made San Andreas so iconic.

- The particle effects of the guns firing looks amazing as well!

- Some texture mapping issues need to be resolved; Sweet's cap is still overstretched, and that window in the apartments look weird.

- Gotta give credit where it's due though; that apartment complex has been remodeled, and the windows are no longer just flat textures. The Bahamas sign looks better too. The building by it got an overhaul too.

- The car door handles look good too.

- Glen Park looks beautiful with those trees!

- Las Colinas, from a distance, also looks like it had quite a lot of work put into it.

 

FDcFGouWEAQgaQK.png?width=1220&height=67

 

Holy crap. The lighting at night looks fantastic. Wow.

- Draw distance is greatly improved!

- The palm trees in this shot are a bit different from the ones in Vice City; they look a little more like Washingtonia robusta trees you would see in LA.

- A very, very minor nitpick, but I'm a little disappointed the highway signs are going to stay the same; I would have preferred if they made them like in GTA 5 (the Interstate signs), but eh, I'm going too far.

- Those stars doe.

- Chiliad looks awkward from the distance; though the map should look good from the ground level.

- A lot of work has been done on the roads and they look a hell of a lot smoother.

- The Watts Towers got a massive re-design and they look so much better in this version.

 

GTASA_PS5_Retail-4.jpg

 

- I'm going to say this again, holy crap, this looks great!

- I love what they've done with the timecyc here; Los Santos in broad daylight always looked slightly unappealing, so much that it was always one of the first things I modded in the game. Here, Los Santos looks beautifully and bright sunny. I much prefer it over the original colors, it's not even close!

- Them clouds sexy as f*ck though.

- Again, that vegetation, oh man, it looks sexy.

- Much of Downtown Los Santos' buildings have gotten an overhaul; in particular, the Gas Company Tower (let's call it the AmCo Building) next to the US Bank Tower (let's call it the Bank of San Andreas Tower) looks the best re-design. The texture is a lot more reflective too, so it'll be a lot more noticeable from the distance.

- Many other buildings got a re-design, and a lot of windows no longer appear as flat textures, but as actual shapes.

- The Atrium building to the lower right near City Hall got a texture change; not better or worse, just different... interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Screenshot analysis:

81tho3GPt6L.jpg

 

- First off, it looks like the classic, hazy, orange sky we all know and love has returned. It looks good; it's obvious that the devs have played around with the timecyc quite a lot, and I'm happy with the way it looks. Admittedly, I hoped they would have a slightly less exaggerated approach, but it still looks great.

- The moon! Look at how fantastic it looks! What an upgrade!

- CJ's pants look better in this shot and have a decent texture - I hope those upscaled jeans were just a placceholder

- The baseball bats appear to have a steel look and look a lot better.

- CJ's facial expressions are a bit awkward; Ryder on the other hand looks good.

- Transparent trash bag! It looks amazing!

- The telephone lines got a bit of an overhaul, they look less jagged.

 

71-h1ErH03L.jpg

 

- Car reflections look really good!

- Sweet's facial expressions look good, and so far throughout the images we've gotten, Sweet has looked pretty good. He still has his muggy angry look but it's nothing too crazy.

- Fire arm models coming through as usual.

- Again, I'm liking how the time cycle is looking here; you get that classic "sunset" vibe that made San Andreas so iconic.

- The particle effects of the guns firing looks amazing as well!

- Some texture mapping issues need to be resolved; Sweet's cap is still overstretched, and that window in the apartments look weird.

- Gotta give credit where it's due though; that apartment complex has been remodeled, and the windows are no longer just flat textures. The Bahamas sign looks better too. The building by it got an overhaul too.

- The car door handles look good too.

- Glen Park looks beautiful with those trees!

- Las Colinas, from a distance, also looks like it had quite a lot of work put into it.

 

FDcFGouWEAQgaQK.png?width=1220&height=67

 

Holy crap. The lighting at night looks fantastic. Wow.

- Draw distance is greatly improved!

- The palm trees in this shot are a bit different from the ones in Vice City; they look a little more like Washingtonia robusta trees you would see in LA.

- A very, very minor nitpick, but I'm a little disappointed the highway signs are going to stay the same; I would have preferred if they made them like in GTA 5 (the Interstate signs), but eh, I'm going too far.

- Those stars doe.

- Chiliad looks awkward from the distance; though the map should look good from the ground level.

- A lot of work has been done on the roads and they look a hell of a lot smoother.

- The Watts Towers got a massive re-design and they look so much better in this version.

 

GTASA_PS5_Retail-4.jpg

 

- I'm going to say this again, holy crap, this looks great!

- I love what they've done with the timecyc here; Los Santos in broad daylight always looked slightly unappealing, so much that it was always one of the first things I modded in the game. Here, Los Santos looks beautifully and bright sunny. I much prefer it over the original colors, it's not even close!

- Them clouds sexy as f*ck though.

- Again, that vegetation, oh man, it looks sexy.

- Much of Downtown Los Santos' buildings have gotten an overhaul; in particular, the Gas Company Tower (let's call it the AmCo Building) next to the US Bank Tower (let's call it the Bank of San Andreas Tower) looks the best re-design. The texture is a lot more reflective too, so it'll be a lot more noticeable from the distance.

- Many other buildings got a re-design, and a lot of windows no longer appear as flat textures, but as actual shapes.

- The Atrium building to the lower right near City Hall got a texture change; not better or worse, just different... interesting.

 

Good analysis but one correction, the upscaled jeans you mentioned, those are the default ones, right? I'm asking because the jeans he is wearing is a different one. 

 

I totally agree with the road signs. It's actually a bigger deal for me than I thought because I wanted them to look more crisp and with lights below them but none of that has happened, sad. 

 

The building next to the Bank tower looks totally different, the Bank tower always took the spotlight but it's shared now. 

Edited by SquoniX
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I've been playing these games since I was 3 and if we compare them to the originals and not any other remasters/remakes, they look pretty good but yea I agree the character models look a bit off ngl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sunny Los Santos looks awesome. It has never looked that good, and never that sunny - even in V Los Santos doesn't look that good during the day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

81tho3GPt6L.jpg

 

-This orange atmosphere looks a little bit pale, more like xbox version, not PS2 version (or PC version with skygfx mod). 

-characer hands are open, and that's weird because they supposed to hold baseball bat. 

 

+parallax interiors looks awesome. 

+textures (especially road texture) are very detailed.

 

Overal I like how these remasters looks like, but I hope moders will be able to fix these small imperfections, and maybe replace character models with something more realistic. 

 

Edited by pawel86ck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Anda7x1 said:

If you want to stay on the classic version go ahead,enjoy pop ins,peds and cars appearing from nowhere,sh*tty draw distance....this problem compared to original is nothing

You say this as if this remastered version is going to be free of those problems.

 

Believe me, it won't. Add to this the ruined atmosphere and the increased draw distance and we have another On-line, which is a bare money making exercise.

 

On topic: I had my reservations about the remaster, giving R* the benefit of a doubt, but dear god, it looks like a parent butchering own child. This should be f*cking illegal.

 

Tenpenny drops CJ off in Angel Pine:

- Where are we?

- Middle of f... oh never mind, there's Los Santos just over that hill, and over there is Las Venturas. Nice polluted air.

Edited by Lioshenka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.