3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic

Spider-Vice

3 hours ago, Havi said:

The truth is, most of the textures are upscaled where it worked best, like CJ's pants. You can do it right now yourself too, grab the pants texture, use a software that allows you to Upscale textures for free (most of them have limited use then you have to pay) and you will see the exact same result.

And a lot of other models/textures are completely reworked because it just doesn't work well anymore. The technology has advanced so much that it actually outputs are really good result but sometimes the textures lacks a lot of details and have to be completely reworked.

Some people might disagree or hate that they did this, but where it was possible, they applied this technology to it to get the game look as close to the originals as possible without sacrificing much :D

Except CJs jeans sticks out like a sore thumb now... Its the protagonist for f*cks sake, why not just remodel his jeans entirely!!?? I understand leaving some of the player clothes but this is his default outfit.

24 minutes ago, Zerdical said:

Except CJs jeans sticks out like a sore thumb now... Its the protagonist for f*cks sake, why not just remodel his jeans entirely!!?? I understand leaving some of the player clothes but this is his default outfit.

Also because Claude's belt and cargo pants models are rich of details, I don't see why they couldn't do that as well for CJ.

• Like 4

On 10/22/2021 at 9:38 PM, BS_BlackScout said:

Baked cutscene reflection texture swapped for actual reflections (car). New tree models with detail levels similar to GTA V NG. New CJ (DUH). Smoother car model. Denser tree foliage. New wheel model??

4Svr7ru.png

kYuhrVd.jpeg

Trees scale seem very different.. I hope the huge trees were not removed, that's one thing that made the country side and forests amazing and scary.

Doubt they were, UE4 might even support scaling the same model to different sizes so they can place different sized trees all over the map without having to make a new model for each and every variation. RAGE games starting with GTA V (iirc) already do this too.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

Doubt they were, UE4 might even support scaling the same model to different sizes so they can place different sized trees all over the map without having to make a new model for each and every variation. RAGE games starting with GTA V (iirc) already do this too.

why not quote the guy

I need to see this game in action. Wonder if underwater will be any different

Edited by JoeFury1997
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Zerdical said:

why not quote the guy

why quote a post that is directly above you? Seems redundant.

• Like 1
  • excuseme 2

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

why quote a post that is directly above you? Seems redundant.

because the guy might not respond if he doesnt get a notification, idk the quote feature is there for a reason

On 10/29/2021 at 1:32 AM, Lioshenka said:

There actually was a pretty good ambient sound in the woods, you just had to turn your volume up. Whenever I ran or swam around SA I often did that, just enjoying the sound of the world.

Although I agree, some variety in the sound would be nice. GTA URM had cockerel and woodpecker in villages/woods, it was so cool and unexpected. Would love to hear some more sounds in the wild.

And yes, definitely improve the city sounds.

I don't think the countryside has ambient sounds. But, I might be wrong. As far as I know, there are ambient sounds for some interiors, as well as during the riots, but I've never heard of ambient sounds for the countryside/backwoods.

Speaking of backwoods, do you guys think Back o beyond is gonna look more remote now with more trees and thicker shrubs??

1 hour ago, DODI3OG said:

I don't think the countryside has ambient sounds. But, I might be wrong. As far as I know, there are ambient sounds for some interiors, as well as during the riots, but I've never heard of ambient sounds for the countryside/backwoods.

Speaking of backwoods, do you guys think Back o beyond is gonna look more remote now with more trees and thicker shrubs??

I hope it does look more remote. That is why i hope they keep the draw distance effect. I dont know why some people are against it.

• Like 3

On 10/23/2021 at 6:43 PM, SquoniX said:

More vegetation:

Before:

M9nE5lS.png

What version of the game ? I checked for interest in steam version of gta sa, I have the same amount of trees as in remaster, at least in this place exactly

QPo0QFV.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kote2345 said:

What version of the game ? I checked for interest in steam version of gta sa, I have the same amount of trees as in remaster, at least in this place exactly

QPo0QFV.png

You're right actually, different people are giving different pictures. All of them have a different amount of trees.

I loaded up my games with mods (doesn't add extra trees) and I got the same number of trees as the remaster.

Anyway, the trees look better at least.

I hope they improve forests by adding more new vegetation and grass. It seems to me that city does not need more vegetation in form of new trees, only grass would be good

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Zerdical said:

Yeah I agree. I hope they have changed his pants before launch. Maybe the folks at GSG or R* have read some complaints.

3 часа назад Kote2345 сказал:

Какая версия игры? Проверил на интерес в Steam версии gta sa, деревьев у меня столько же, сколько в ремастере, по крайней в этом месте точно

QPo0QFV.png

You are closer to the trees than in the screenshot. They changed the drawing range

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Prst said:

You are closer to the trees than in the screenshot

If reason was range of rendering, then there would be no far trees either, because there are no trees that are closer than the far tree, which is rendered

Here's the position as in screenshot, trees are still there

75YylXc.png

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 11:55 AM, oxykoo said:

Did they say that there are going to be new gun sounds or did you just make it up? 

At this moment of the trailer (0:44), you can hear some different gun sounds already so I assume they changed all of them

7 hours ago, djebzer said:

At this moment of the trailer (0:44), you can hear some different gun sounds already so I assume they changed all of them

I had said this a few pages back as well but this is something Rockstar likes to do for some reason. Go look back at the old trailers, they used different sound effects too. Pretty sure they remain the same. But I'm pretty sure audio has been gotten some love too when it comes to quality.

• Like 2

BS_BlackScout

Amazing Screenshot by Silent kills LODs for some reason so...
_
Time of Day: 06:30

Weather Preset: Extra Sunny Desert w/ PC Color Correction + YCbCr "mode" enabled (SkyGFX)
Mods: Vegetation Remaster by YOEL, SP, WFix by 13AG, Mipmapped Textures by TJGM, SA.Project 2DFX

SA TDE: 

c01a554f8d91490e6767058a8b463003c81e1777

06:30, Sunny Desert, no PRJ2DFX
mZyKT1g.png

06:30 Extrasunny Desert, Prj2DFX => some IDE distance tweaking, 2000 render distance/clip
PAP2g8V.png

Comparison GIF Overload:

Spoiler

nA4ZGV1.gif

WVpzrrm.gif

oM0FQMC.gif

Minor UV fix done by GSG:

t1YuUAv.gif

Edited by BS_BlackScout

20 hours ago, Kote2345 said:

Если бы причиной был диапазон рендеринга, то не было бы и далеких деревьев, потому что нет деревьев, которые находятся ближе, чем дальнее дерево, которое рендерится.

Вот позиция, как на скриншоте, деревья все еще там

75YylXc.png

It's still too closei-URFKMpzl-KE.jpg

It is strange that AK-47 compared to other weapons is almost not worked out, texture is worse, there are no details. It feels like developers have not finished this model. Perhaps this also says that we were shown not final build of game. It is unlikely that they would leave this model same, otherwise it would be very conspicuous against background of other weapon models. If they leave it the way it is, it would be a big oversight.

NTnqJAF.png

ovRcaKW.png

11 minutes ago, Kote2345 said:

It is strange that AK-47 compared to other weapons is almost not worked out, texture is worse, there are no details. It feels like developers have not finished this model. Perhaps this also says that we were shown not final build of game. It is unlikely that they would leave this model same, otherwise it would be very conspicuous against background of other weapon models. If they leave it the way it is, it would be a big oversight.

NTnqJAF.png

ovRcaKW.png

In the AK screenshot, the street light is clearly not finished too. They just repeated the same texture over and over again to complete it.

Hopefully, they fix it.

• Like 1

This is also possible with some characters, in GTA 3 characters are more elaborate, there are wrinkles, details on face as in original, when some characters from vc and sa have faces as one solid texture of one color, for example Kendl

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kote2345 said:

This is also possible with some characters, in GTA 3 characters are more elaborate, there are wrinkles, details on face as in original, when some characters from vc and sa have faces as one solid texture of one color, for example Kendl

GTA 3 and VC also has better-looking vehicle models compared to GTA SA which look kinda bland.

BS_BlackScout

Here's a comparison I didn't share yesterday cause I didn't want to bloat the thread too much. I uploaded it to YouTube because IPB refuses to embed anything that has a gif on it (Giphy, Gfycat, etc)

Feel free to slow it down or speed it up.

_
21:30??? I forgot already.
Either ExtraSunny or Sunny Desert timecyc.

I think PC pipeline on SkyGFX

Spoiler

ofZwHaP.png

Uf3jLbq.png

Edited by BS_BlackScout
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BS_BlackScout said:

Here's a comparison I didn't share yesterday cause I didn't want to bloat the thread too much. I uploaded it to YouTube because IPB refuses to embed anything that has a gif on it (Giphy, Gfycat, etc)

Feel free to slow it down or speed it up.

_
21:30??? I forgot already.
Either ExtraSunny or Sunny Desert timecyc.

I think PC pipeline on SkyGFX

Hide contents

ofZwHaP.png

Uf3jLbq.png

Very inconsistent work by them. 

Hopefully, it is all sorted out. I hope the work they're doing is not too faithful to the original map in the sense of not adding additional trees to Red and Flint county. They could do with more trees and vegetation in general. They also have farms so more crops would be good. Flint county is also too close to the LS beach, breaks the immersion for me. 

Additional props throughout the city and lighting on many boards, parallax interiors and reflections on major buildings. I have posted a picture where it does look like the main bank tower in Downtown LS is reflecting sunlight, so perhaps a hydra flying near it is reflected as well hopefully. Would add to that GTA V kinda style feeling. 

Edited by SquoniX

Unfortunately, CJ doesn't turn the wheel.

Edited by Americana
  • excuseme 2

5 hours ago, Kote2345 said:

ovRcaKW.png

Does the AK have some sort of smart link to CJ's nanovisor? I mean, that would make sense given the lack of iron sights on the rifle. Is CJ shooting from the hip or does he have to reach hitman level to attach an iron sight?

57 minutes ago, SageFan said:

Does the AK have some sort of smart link to CJ's nanovisor? I mean, that would make sense given the lack of iron sights on the rifle. Is CJ shooting from the hip or does he have to reach hitman level to attach an iron sight?

I don't think iron sights are even a thing in the game. 

1 minute ago, SquoniX said:

I don't think iron sights are even a thing in the game. 

None that you can use, but I expect detail out of Rockstar. CJ isn't using toy guns, he's bought those firearms from Ammu-Nation or picked them up from dead gangsters. 

• Like 1
  • YEE 1