3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

San Andreas Definitive Edition Analysis & Comparisons Topic

Spider-Vice

4 hours ago, DavidReyes2250 said:

What I like about the image is the sky. A little insignificant change the truth but I always wanted a starry sky. I like how it looks.

F the stars. We all still want to shoot the moon with a sniper rifle and make it smaller/bigger

Edited by Toghrul Rahimli

I'm just curious. Unreal engine is great but how come R* didn't use their own in house RAGE?

Coming to how these remasters look - the environment looks great but the character models & weapons do not lend themselves to a resmaster without a ton of work. That pic of CJ, the AK47 hes holding looks like its made of plastic. 

greenmario2099
20 minutes ago, KatanaDV20 said:

I'm just curious. Unreal engine is great but how come R* didn't use their own in house RAGE?

Coming to how these remasters look - the environment looks great but the character models & weapons do not lend themselves to a resmaster without a ton of work. That pic of CJ, the AK47 hes holding looks like its made of plastic. 

only unreal engine had tools to port game from renderware to new engine

12 hours ago, VideoTech said:

The Trilogy appears to be utilizing parallax interiors but I could be wrong. I was checking through the trailer and I noticed the doors now appear 3D with some sort of illusion effect going on. Anyone think so?

QluwK9e.png

Rig5BGW.png

Yes, seems like they definitely use the parallax interiors this time.

But there is something strange with building models. One seems to be remodelled to have a better detalisation while others seems untouched.

MrGTAmodsgerman
18 hours ago, Official General said:

How did they get the palm trees wrong ? No real LA palms ? Jeez.....

What do you mean? The L.A palms they used was from GTA V mostly. So fit the area. Or are you talking about the amount of placements or something else?

13 hours ago, Kote2345 said:

On official GSG website states that they did this remaster for all platforms

Honestly - i believe that GSG did all of this remasters. It doesn't looks like Ruffian Games work at all.

Then why R* bought the Ruffian Games back to the 2019 if they didn't make these remasters? Probably first RDR remake for the PC?

• Like 2

MrGTAmodsgerman
18 hours ago, Havi said:

I really cannot wait to play the remaster. They did so much that we haven't seen yet. This feels like a remaster/remake because it's just a mixture of things that a simple remaster would just not include from the games I've seen in the industry.

It's gonna be a great time on the 11th

Even terrain smoothing to a degree. Also the bridge arch in the back seem to be thicker in size

3bkZH72.png

Its nice and was really needed that they smooth the terrain, but the screenshot cut out you show here, shows a missing specular map or too much high specularity on the surface. There is grass and there is stones. None of them should reflect so much. What would be nice here, would be instanced grass + a proper specular texture. I hope they fix that to the release

MrGTAmodsgerman
14 hours ago, Otram said:

Was CJ able to turn his eyes outside cutscenes in the original release?

Because here he does:

e1e2b71627d3fb1f73d4.jpg

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47o3eqdep2f8ixqyeti3

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47o3eqdep2f8ixqyeti3

R.I.P Tommy 😕

Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman

MrGTAmodsgerman
12 hours ago, VideoTech said:

The Trilogy appears to be utilizing parallax interiors but I could be wrong. I was checking through the trailer and I noticed the doors now appear 3D with some sort of illusion effect going on. Anyone think so?

QluwK9e.png

Rig5BGW.png

This looks like normal improved 3D model with screen space reflection. If it would be parallax then you would notice it by camera movement. Because parallax changes its intensity depending on how near the player/camera is to safe huge performence impacts.

2 hours ago, KatanaDV20 said:

Because Grove Street Games did the remaster, and only R* employees have access to RAGE, I also think it was easier for them to port the assets from Renderware to Unreal Engine, instead of porting them to RAGE

LittleBlueTroll
16 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Aye, should be right with dlss on an TAA sharpening set low or off, even.

I'm actually doing a new playthrough now, so I will give this a go 🤠

While I was playing RDR2, I was playing the Poker mini game, and it got me thinking about the mini games in the Definitive Edition. 

I hope they've reworked the pool a little bit, even though it was far from great I used to love playing that. 

Also, if they add GTA Online style golf to the golf course in Vice City, my oh my 😵

Me and my friends spent hours playing golf in GTA Online, we loved it! Not sure there's many people out there that played it when there was so many other options available, but we did. 

SIG-2.jpg

18 hours ago, Kote2345 said:

On official GSG website states that they did this remaster for all platforms

oSqxadj.png

Yeah they changed this, was just iOS, Android before but it was already clear to me that they remastered it all

qYzsTEo.png

Edited by Havi

On 10/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, DJGRIFF said:

I love the lighting improvements and the character models. Looks why better than whatever mobile crap rockstar put out 10 years ago 

Problem is the remaster is made by the same company that did that mobile crap so fingers crossed it will look as good as it does in the trailer 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Artichro said:

Problem is the remaster is made by the same company that did that mobile crap so fingers crossed it will look as good as it does in the trailer 

You just can't compare this Trilogy Definitive Edition with the mobile port from years ago. It's just not the same. You can clearly see that they put a lot of effort into this remaster and especially now since they are getting released on almost every single platform.

It's gonna be good, I can't wait

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Havi said:

You just can't compare this Trilogy Definitive Edition with the mobile port from years ago. It's just not the same. You can clearly see that they put a lot of effort into this remaster and especially now since they are getting released on almost every single platform.

It's gonna be good, I can't wait

If anyone wants knowledge about the crappy ports, watch this and the second part:

I actually watched it all, it was entertaining.

Official General
5 hours ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

What do you mean? The L.A palms they used was from GTA V mostly. So fit the area. Or are you talking about the amount of placements or something else?

I just looked again, they got it right. 

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

29 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

Если кому-то нужны сведения о дерьмовых портах, посмотрите эту и вторую часть:

Did GSG exactly port mobile port to console ? Only mobile phones are listed on official website GSG. Many of problems mentioned in this video are not present on mobile version, that is, they appeared when porting from mobile to console

Finally we can have better trees and bushes in original GTA 3D Era!

The Definitive versions may look nice but most of us (or some), are probably concerned about the modding possibilities.

18 minutes ago, Kote2345 said:

Did GSG exactly port mobile port to console ? Only mobile phones are listed on official website GSG. Many of problems mentioned in this video are not present on mobile version, that is, they appeared when porting from mobile to console

I think the console one was War Drum Studios. It is such a long video that I forgot who messed up what, it was a mess overall. 

I have a comparison of the graphics of PS 2 vs Mobile/PS 3/Xbox 360 and it was quite bad in terms of foliage and vegetation but yes, PS 2 was way worse in terms of resolution, etc.

11 minutes ago, Blackous666 said:

i hope they will keep multiplayer in game like it was in the OG version

You mean multiplayer multiplayer or that 2-player thing? I don't think that was ever present on PC, maybe PS 2.

PS 4 has that feature and you don't need a local controller, it fools the game into thinking it's local by using the internet, cool feature.

Edited by SquoniX
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

I think the console one was War Drum Studios. It is such a long video that I forgot who messed up what, it was a mess overall. 

I have a comparison of the graphics of PS 2 vs Mobile/PS 3/Xbox 360 and it was quite bad in terms of foliage and vegetation but yes, PS 2 was way worse in terms of resolution, etc.

You mean multiplayer multiplayer or that 2-player thing? I don't think that was ever present on PC, maybe PS 2.

PS 4 has that feature and you don't need a local controller, it fools the game into thinking it's local by using the internet, cool feature.

i mean the 2 player freemode on ps2 and i think xbox had it as well

4 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

У меня есть сравнение графики PS 2 и Mobile / PS 3 / Xbox 360, и это было довольно плохо с точки зрения листвы и растительности

This is not surprising, considering that power of phones at the time of gta sa's release on phones was not so powerful, so the graphics were downgraded. Now flagship phones with snapdragon 845+ will be able to work normally with GTA 5

12 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

Это такое длинное видео, что я забыл, кто что напутал, в целом это был беспорядок.

I watched second part of the analysis of this remaster, author spoke very negatively about mobile port, saying that he was to blame for everything. Although many of problems he mentioned were only on console port. For example, in mobile version of the game, you can jump out of the car on move, in console version this cannot be done. In mobile version, normal control in billiards, similar to PS2 version, when everything is ruined in port on consoles, it is not possible to play. There are aggressive drivers in mobile port who start chasing you if you crash into them, there is no such thing in console port.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kote2345 said:

This is not surprising, considering that power of phones at the time of gta sa's release on phones was not so powerful, so the graphics were downgraded. Now flagship phones with snapdragon 845+ will be able to work normally with GTA 5

I watched second part of the analysis of this remaster, author spoke very negatively about mobile port, saying that he was to blame for everything. Although many of problems he mentioned were only on console port. For example, in mobile version of the game, you can jump out of the car on move, in console version this cannot be done. In mobile version, normal control in billiards, similar to PS2 version, when everything is ruined in port on consoles, it is not possible to play. There are aggressive drivers in mobile port who start chasing you if you crash into them, there is no such thing in console port.

True, the video was too negative and didn't clarify a few things like whether the problems on PS 3/Xbox 360 were also in the Mobile version or not.

• Like 2

Red_hot_redemption

I'm hoping we finally get some ambient sound some SA this time around, be in the city and hearing noting or just silence in the middle of the woods was odd

MrGTAmodsgerman
35 minutes ago, SilverRST said:

Finally we can have better trees and bushes in original GTA 3D Era!

The Definitive versions may look nice but most of us (or some), are probably concerned about the modding possibilities.

Unreal Engine is way better to mod then RAGE or renderware. Unreal Engine was made to be modded. Graphic mods for ex. can be done with it very easy and the possibilities are way higher. If they don't compile the game with a modding plugin, we still have Unreal Unlocker.

Just watch Life is Strange 2 mods

I was researching about the railway system in San Andreas and found some interesting information.

I didn't know that they had a damn freight side mission:prismkek:

I hope they make these changes:

• New horn for trains
  • New sounds for trains
  • New passenger train model (so that passengers can be seen inside them)
  • New freight train model
  • New reflections on trains
  • New railway tracks
  • New tunnel textures for trains
  • New lights in tunnels coupled with the new volumetric lighting
  • Updated entry/exit signs in tunnels and stations
  • Announcements in stations for passengers
  • Railway stations' textures upgraded through AI upscaling
  • Making the freight side mission more noticeable as it is quite unkown and hidden
  • New UI for freight side mission
  • Trains going around corners in a smoother way
  • Better sound effect when the passenger train derails and gets destroyed
  • Train driving school (ok-ok, jk with this one :sadkek:)

Edited by SquoniX
  • Like 2

ArthurZussman
5 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

I was researching about the railway system in San Andreas and found some interesting information.

I didn't know that they had a damn freight side mission:prismkek:

I hope they make these changes:

• New horn for trains
  • New sounds for trains
  • New passenger train model
  • New railway tracks
  • New tunnel textures for trains
  • New lights in tunnels coupled with the new volumetric lighting
  • Updated entry/exit signs in tunnels and stations
  • Announcements in stations for passengers
  • Railway stations' textures upgraded through AI upscaling
  • Making the freight side mission more noticeable as it is quite unkown and hidden
  • New UI for freight side mission
  • Trains going around corners in a smoother way
  • Better sound effect when the passenger train derails and gets destroyed

And you said you had 2500 hours. What a shame to these forums smh. /s

On a side note, those freight missions are required for 100%, that's why I know it's exits. The game never tells you that you can do these missions.

5 minutes ago, SquoniX said:
  • New passenger train model

3x

Models will be exactly the same. Maybe a little more polys on details, but overall - they not changed.

2 minutes ago, ArthurZussman said:

And you said you had 2500 hours. What a shame to these forums smh. /s

On a side note, those freight missions are required for 100%, that's why I know it's exits. The game never tells you that you can do these missions.

Yeah, I remember now that I saw a video of this a few years ago in those playlists by GTA Series Videos and I spent most of my time in MTA and SAMP. :sadkek:

I just love how San Andreas has so many hidden things.

Just now, Yannerrins said:

3x

Models will be exactly the same. Maybe a little more polys on details, but overall - they not changed.

Sort of like how they did it for GTA 3, new reflections.

Edited by SquoniX

17 minutes ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

Unreal Engine is way better to mod then RAGE or renderware. Unreal Engine was made to be modded. Graphic mods for ex. can be done with it very easy and the possibilities are way higher. If they don't compile the game with a modding plugin, we still have Unreal Unlocker.

Just watch Life is Strange 2 mods

You may be right. However, I like the GTA 3 Era games their unique graphics atmospheres.

• Like 1