3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Trailer/Screenshots Analysis Thread

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Individual Analysis Topics:

GTA III | GTA VC | GTA SA

4 minutes ago, Chazza354 said:

Oh man this has me worried about what other aspects they've nuked that aren't considered acceptable anymore, even if the point is to poke fun at the type of people that typically promote the confederate flag. Maybe they've removed a bunch of the more edgy radio ads/discussions and other humorous jabs throughout the games. This one alone isn't a dealbreaker but it sets a precedent that they are reviewing the social implications of the games in today's climate.

Oh, they definitely will 
Rockstar will sadly do what it takes to save their own asses from this kind of thing

• Like 2

beatlemnkyhuman
38 minutes ago, Flameroide said:

Confederate Flag On Phils Shirt Removed.7F8CYX1.png

Honestly the first thing that's bothered me. That's some bullsh*t. I'm afraid of what else they may pull for today's cancel culture.

There's no reason to remove that flag.

Just now, StarJet905 said:

Rockstar will sadly do what it takes to save their own asses from this kind of thing

If that's the case then it's a big shame and indicative of a significant shift in their company culture/identity, Rockstar historically courted and thrived on controversy. 

• Like 2

ADropInTheOcean
11 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

The "wokening" of GTA begins. Sad.

I hope there's a new scene where Tommy comes out as trans just to specifically make you salty

Just now, Chazza354 said:

If that's the case then it's a big shame and indicative of a significant shift in their company culture/identity, Rockstar historically courted and thrived on controversy. 

In a time where making fun of anything was accepted by the general public, even if there were always people raging. But today, society as a whole has evolved into bitching at the slightest thing.

Vegetation looks good as models but did they actually add anything new like grass? as the beach from that VC shot shows the floor being flat rather than having any vegetation other than the palm trees.

Vehicles could have been a bit better as they are still low poly.

Weapons look kinda good but whats up with that AK CJ is holding? it looks like a wooden toy.

Shadows look good.

Reflections look good.

Clouds? they seem to be 2D right?

Characters? some look weird some look ok ish, good part no more glued fingers but i guess this is where people are getting the negative vibes as some of the characters look like dolls.

Objects have been added here and there, good but does that apply to all interiors and outdoors for the map?

FOG/SMOG has been reduced which is good because it was too close to the player in the original as in that CJ desert shot.

The textures look good along with the rest of the obvious enhancements like weather and whatnot.

It's a good normal remaster, yeah there's nothing really that big of a "wow" about it but it's good for the most part but 60 bucks? that's too much for such work.

Personally looking forward for SA and will be playing the Trilogy from the start but Rockstar could have done a bit better in terms of quality in certain few aspects.

Looks good overall. Only real issue I have is that some of the characters look overly cartoony. Which I get, since the 3D games had that style. But the low-res textures gave the illusion of them having more skin detail than they actually had. Avery Carrington looks like he belongs in a Pixar movie now.

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1

Acetaminophen

No reason to remove the confederate flag considering it takes place in the south in the 1980's. Also none of these people are supposed to be role models so removing it because its offensive in a game where I can screw a hooker then cut off her head its pretty ironic. 

They also could have at least made it an American flag instead of a clipart Skull 

Edited by Acetaminophen

1 minute ago, Jax765 said:

Looks good overall. Only real issue I have is that some of the characters look overly cartoony. Which I get, since the 3D games had that style. But the low-res textures gave the illusion of them having more skin detail than they actually had. Avery Carrington looks like he belongs in a Pixar movie now.

I think there were only two ways to avoid this: 
1. Keep the old low poly models as is, to which people would still have complained 
2. Redo all the chara models from scratch, which is not in the scope of a remaster 

• Bruh 1

ADropInTheOcean
1 minute ago, Jax765 said:

unknown.png

Oh man, those eyebrows... Why did they pick those Sims-esque hand-drawn textures, holy sh*t... I still can't f*cking believe they went for that look across all characters and decided it looked good, my god

monkey-bruh.gif

• Bruh 2

Maybe people forgot that the fingers were "fixed" in the last remastered they released

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acetaminophen said:

No reason to remove the confederate considering it takes place in the south in the 1980's. Also none of these people are supposed to be role models so removing it because its offensive in a game where I can screw a hooker then cut off her head its pretty ironic. 

They also could have at least made it an American flag instead of a clipart Skull 

As an outsider, it appears to me that Americans have this new trend of pretending things weren't bad in the past. So they want any hint of that sh*t covered up.
Not much anyone here can do about this anyway.
Personally, this kind of thing won't affect my enjoyment of these games. So it's a little sad but generally a non-issue, as long as no gameplay is affected.

• Like 1

ADropInTheOcean
1 minute ago, StarJet905 said:

I think there were only two ways to avoid this: 
1. Keep the old low poly models as is, to which people would still have complained 

I strongly disagree, Welcome to the '80s videos clearly prove that you can keep some of the low-polyness and simplicity of the original models while still making it look good. I doubt people would be as disappointed as they are now if this is the look they went for with the characters.

palmtreegoblin

Are you guys really bitching that a confederate flag was removed? It's a f*cking texture. 

1 minute ago, ADropInTheOcean said:

I strongly disagree, Welcome to the '80s videos clearly prove that you can keep some of the low-polyness and simplicity of the original models while still making it look good. I doubt people would be as disappointed as they are now if this is the look they went for with the characters.

This looks almost like just a filter of some sort on top of the original assets being rendered at higher res 

palmtreegoblin
7 minutes ago, Acetaminophen said:

No reason to remove the confederate flag considering it takes place in the south in the 1980's. Also none of these people are supposed to be role models so removing it because its offensive in a game where I can screw a hooker then cut off her head its pretty ironic. 

I need muh racism for my muh 1980's Florida realism. These are all nonissues. Jesus Christ.

54 minutes ago, Flameroide said:

Confederate Flag On Phils Shirt Removed.7F8CYX1.png

Good eye stupid censorship

ADropInTheOcean

This looks almost like just a filter of some sort on top of the original assets being rendered at higher res 

Possibly, yeah - but whatever it is, it still looks better than what we got with this trailer.

Acetaminophen

As an outsider, it appears to me that Americans have this new trend of pretending things weren't bad in the past. So they want any hint of that sh*t covered up.
Not much anyone here can do about this anyway.
Personally, this kind of thing won't affect my enjoyment of these games. So it's a little sad but generally a non-issue, as long as no gameplay is affected.

The change isnt going to make the game itself any better or worse. Its just a stupid change.

Its funny going on vacation in the South/Florida every year I legit see many people still using the Confederate flag including POC. This past summer a black dude had a Confederate Flag beach towel. 

• Like 5

Lock n' Stock
3 minutes ago, palmtreegoblin said:

Are you guys really bitching that a confederate flag was removed? It's a f*cking texture. 

It probably isn't a big deal tbh. It just makes me worried what else they'll remove that'll be deemed to be "problematic", in a series that has always pushed the boundaries for what was deemed acceptable in gaming.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

I just think that they went a bit high with the saturation overall.
Some models need to be relooked cause they're awful (either the textures are off or the model is weird) for example the weird AK47 CJ holds.

3 minutes ago, ADropInTheOcean said:

Possibly, yeah - but whatever it is, it still looks better than what we got with this trailer.

I can definitely see your point there 
But I have a feeling this kind of thing would've been considered a "no effort" situation, especially since if they did it, we wouldn't have any other thing to go by 

And on the flipside, they are also trying to sell this game to a whole new generation of players 
Players who will see zero value in the old low poly models 

Edited by StarJet905

4 minutes ago, palmtreegoblin said:

I need muh racism for my muh 1980's Florida realism. These are all nonissues. Jesus Christ.

You might want to change your diaper son. Doesn't seem like you've matured enough to understand what's happening around you

Acetaminophen
5 minutes ago, palmtreegoblin said:

I need muh racism for my muh 1980's Florida realism.

yes

• Like 1

Officer Ronson
29 minutes ago, Chazza354 said:

Oh man this has me worried about what other aspects they've nuked that aren't considered acceptable anymore, even if the point is to poke fun at the type of people that typically promote the confederate flag. Maybe they've removed a bunch of the more edgy radio ads/discussions and other humorous jabs throughout the games. This one alone isn't a dealbreaker but it sets a precedent that they are reviewing the social implications of the games in today's climate.

Imagine it being the Haitian friendly version and not knowing what the f*ck is going on between the Haitians and the Cubans

1 minute ago, Officer Ronson said:

Imagine it being the Haitian friendly version and not knowing what the f*ck is going on between the Haitians and the Cubans

Oh it will most definitely be that version

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

4 minutes ago, Officer Ronson said:

Yeah this pretty much 100% confirms it's going to be the Haitian friendly version. Tbh I expected that and it's not a big deal to me, they probably should have thought that one through better in the first place - 'Kill all the Haitians' isn't exactly the best objective when you see it out of context lmao. There was a pretty severe backlash from the Haitain community and I agree with Rockstar's decision to alter that one. But there is a loooot of benign content that nobody would even complain about that's in danger of being removed if the confederate flag on Phil's shirt is considered unacceptable. Somehow I feel like these editions aren't going to be considered truly 'definitive' by us OG fans. 

Edited by Chazza354

Acetaminophen
5 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

What kind of moron cry about Confederate flag?

Me that's who.