Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Individual Analysis Topics:

GTA III | GTA VC | GTA SA

4 minutes ago, Orthur said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Even the cupboard handles are now 3D models and not flat, low-res textures.

Edited by Jabalous

I thought it was... okay.

Only thing that I'm struggling with (and most likely everyone else in this topic) is the character models. Some are okay, and some are very atrocious tbh (Kendl, for example).

I liked the graphics in general on this one. Illumination, reflections, etc. I really enjoyed that.

Now I want to find out if they really improved the gameplay.

Overall, I think it looks ok.

Edited by Predoquinh4
  • Like 4

Right now, I feel like I'm the only one who thought the character models always looked ugly as hell  
And despite that I still consider GTA SA my all time favourite game and felt even GTA V did not match that level in terms of sheer fun 
And that's the important part 
When you're playing, you'll be looking at Claude/Tommy/CJ from behind most of the time, and the environments and vehicles are what you will always see when playing 
And those have been touched up really well 

Granted, I'm not pre-ordering, but that's a general policy of mine, plus I want to know how this runs on Switch and then decide whether I want full quality on PC or just to lie on bed and play comfortably as hell on Switch

45 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

The environment looks good. But the characters look awful.

This.

• YEE 2

Lock n' Stock

I don't like the look of the characters. They look too cartoonish and plastic.

Environments look okay I guess, and improved controls is a major plus. Otherwise, somewhat meh.

• Like 3

They be selling us some dog sh*t mixed with human diarhea. Wtf was that trailer

• Like 3

The music remix of the original first GTA3 trailer is a nice touch, but also confirms a niggling feeling I have that the soundtracks for these remasters is going to be completely different.

My favourite scene was Claude driving in the rain. I think the tight, gritty map of Liberty City in GTA3 may benefit most from the updated visuals (e.g. rain, reflections and fog) whereas elements of VC and SA and their wide open empty spaces may be brought to the fore even more.

user posted image

Some scummy moves from R in the trailer:
In the first seconds you can see the comparision in the desert. The reason why classic looks so washed out and the draw distance is so low because they set the games weather to sandstorm while in DE its sunset (or sunrise?)
jcLfFzw.png

In the VC ocean drive scene they used the LOD models of the buildings from the classic version:
kStdsOY.png

ACTUAL GAME:
Edit: need to clarify that I bumped the draw distance so you can see the distant models)
JXzU2Qp.png

Edited by AdusPL

YYIvrot.png

Officer Ronson
22 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

I am not sure why everyone keeps saying this. Looks are measured on a spectrum and not on a yes or no basis. The games present realistic vegetation, realistic grounds, good reflections and then they add cartoony character models. The original games looked okay for their time, a bit cartoony but for their time I would say the cartoonishness would be about 5%.

Thing is, they kept the body proportions of the original characters and improved geometry and various aspects, couple that with HD textures and of course they'll kinda look off in III and VC. SA doesn't have this problem because by that time character models actually looked like people. 

6bb1401a759b8e20f913.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRhRrF7URelr5s0esAUUS

Case in point is the GTA III cop, the new model offer various details like an actually holstered gun and fingers, but they keep the same proportions as the old model. 

Thomas Cavendish

when you read "the originals were cartoonish what you expect?" it means "let's accept these lazy models"

Don Maximus Meridius

I don't know what you guys were expecting, but I think this is amazing! Buying right now!

I really wasn't sure what to expect but I'm pleasantly surprised tbh.

The environment looks good, the lighting looks nice and stuff like draw distance, props, clothing, hair etc all look good. Character models in 3 and VC look like the biggest "meh", feels like they tried to preserve the art style from those games a bit too much and it makes the characters in those games look a bit cartoony and puffy, looks better in SA though.

Overall from a purely visual stand point it's a thumbs up from me, it'll be interesting to see how it plays with it's "GTA V like" controls.

Also lol @ DLSS for PC, I thought it'd be funny if they added that considering the cards capable of DLSS will probs have no issues running these but it's still very nice anyway, more FPS and DLSS's AA is always nice.

Officer Ronson
Just now, Thomas Cavendish said:

when you read "the originals were cartoonish what you expect?" it means "let's accept these lazy models"

I'll make this really clear: The models have improved geometry and are actually far better than the older models. The problem is that their proportions don't work out with the newer HD textures, the old compressed textures gave them that rugged quasi-realistic look. 

Tell me with a straight face this actually looks better:

198868-gta-sa-2014-07-24-15-05-45-50.jpg

My first impression of the trailer it that it looks good. Didn't really go in-depth or anything. Just watched it once and it's ok. I did not like the music though. Didn't like that mix in the GTA3 10th Anniversary trailer either. Overall first impressions are positive right now.

Edited by Andreas915

ADropInTheOcean
1 hour ago, Kolateak said:

You can say that again

d.png

Hey, that's a nice Sims 4 screenshot you got there, do you have any links for those wallpaper mods? Thanks!

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

I really like the small objects like ash trays, plates, paintings, bottles etc that seems to have been added, or atleast arent just a 2D texture. Reckon that will make interiors feel so much more "alive".

ADropInTheOcean
5 minutes ago, Officer Ronson said:

I'll make this really clear: The models have improved geometry and are actually far better than the older models. The problem is that their proportions don't work out with the newer HD textures, the old compressed textures gave them that rugged quasi-realistic look. 

Tell me with a straight face this actually looks better:

198868-gta-sa-2014-07-24-15-05-45-50.jpg

aaf.png

4 minutes ago, Flameroide said:

Confederate Flag On Phils Shirt Removed.7F8CYX1.png

Disgusting censorship

Edited by NTxC

Environments look pretty nice, characters look awful, interested to see the gameplay updates. If the gameplay updates aren't garbage like the SA remake I'll buy for sure

50 minutes ago, Muramasa1794 said:

the crouch in the trilogy looks more tactical than in the OG games. They actually bend with one knee and looks like they actually take cover instead of running toward the player shooting.

Ah my bad I see what you mean now, I thought you were talking about crouching in general.

24 minutes ago, Rob. said:

The music remix of the original first GTA3 trailer is a nice touch, but also confirms a niggling feeling I have that the soundtracks for these remasters is going to be completely different.

My favourite scene was Claude driving in the rain. I think the tight, gritty map of Liberty City in GTA3 may benefit most from the updated visuals (e.g. rain, reflections and fog) whereas elements of VC and SA and their wide open empty spaces may be brought to the fore even more.

Yeah the shot of him in the rain worked well. But overall it looks like a mobile game and I've heard that the makers of this version have a background in mobile gaming so if that's the case it all makes sense. I'll just sit this one out.

2 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

The "wokening" of GTA begins. Sad.

You people are hilarious lmao

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Flameroide said:

Confederate Flag On Phils Shirt Removed.7F8CYX1.png

Oh man this has me worried about what other aspects they've nuked that aren't considered acceptable anymore, even if the point is to poke fun at the type of people that typically promote the confederate flag. Maybe they've removed a bunch of the more edgy radio ads/discussions and other humorous jabs throughout the games. This one alone isn't a dealbreaker but it sets a precedent that they are reviewing the social implications of the games in today's climate.

• Like 4