3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Trailer/Screenshots Analysis Thread

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Individual Analysis Topics:

GTA III | GTA VC | GTA SA

19 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

Every graphics mod always focused on the lighting, textures of the world, vehicles etc. Literally everything except the characters and NPCs, other than maybe swapping the models with the cutscene versions. But this is what I always figured an improved version would look like. They didn’t change the art-style or anything. They’re not GTA IV/V or RDR2 styled versions/re-imaginings. They’re just higher quality versions of the original designs.

They're not high quality versions of the previous designs though. The new models are clearly lacking details of the older models (wrinkles on Ken's face for example) as the comparisons have shown. Ken looks younger and different now. Other characters like Tommy, Avery, Sweet and Kendl also look weird compared to the originals. They look rubbery and doll-like.

Edited by StuntMaster100
  • Like 2

Just now, StuntMaster100 said:

They're not high quality versions of the previous designs though. The new models are clearly lacking details of the older models (wrinkles on Ken's face for example) as the comparisons have shown. Ken looks younger and different now. Other characters like Tommy, Avery, Sweet and Kendl also look weird compared to the originals. They look rubbery and doll-like.

I saw the shot of Ken, and yes it’s very different looking. But you have to admit CJ, Claude, and others are pretty well done. It is odd how fat Tommy looks in some shots, and regular in others, as well as the complete overhaul of Ken. But you can’t just take a few examples of bad redesigns and say “wow this whole thing is f*cking trash.”

3 hours ago, cp1dell said:

I saw the shot of Ken, and yes it’s very different looking. But you have to admit CJ, Claude, and others are pretty well done. It is odd how fat Tommy looks in some shots, and regular in others, as well as the complete overhaul of Ken. But you can’t just take a few examples of bad redesigns and say “wow this whole thing is f*cking trash.”

I have no problem. The screenshots are OK in my opinion.
That being said, the VC characters look strikingly different, esp the likes of Avery and Ken. Ken appears to lost his hair curls, while Avery looked like that masked guy from V For Vendetta (Guy Fawkes). Then again, not 'trash'.

6 hours ago, thalilmythos said:

You just loose all the credibility you have saying the devs are lazy, They ain't lazy, they did an incredible job, they are anything but lazy.

YOU just don't like the design of the characters, which is okay, is all right, everyone is entitled to their opinion, in mine, they could have been better of course, but not the worst i've seen and certainly not Fortnite knockoffs.

It ain't like modders ain't going to give you what you want 6 months from now, and you will have your low poly looking tommy with all the lighting improvements, graphical improvements, increased poly count in every object and increased props and everything the """"lazy""""" devs did.

Of course its lazy. While other classics like Final Fantasy 7 or Mafia 1 get quality remakes we are stuck with a half assed shiny remaster which people like you mistake as an improvement. Also the characters look like bad cartoons. Imagine looking at the trailer and thinking the devs did an "incredible" job, wtf

I expect actual devs to do better than modders..

Edited by Journey_95

4 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

Of course its lazy. While other classics like Final Fantasy 7 or Mafia 1 get quality remakes we are stuck with a half assed shiny remaster which people like you mistake as an improvement. Also the characters look like bad cartoons. Imagine looking at the trailer and thinking the devs did an "incredible" job, wtf

I expect actual devs to do better than modders..

I can't believe we still have people comparing remasters to remakes 

A remake is a full new game.

As in $60 or $70 and like 5 years of dev time per game considering how Rockstar does things. Oh and no GTA6 or new RD during that time either. (Personally don't mind the latter)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cp1dell said:

I don’t know—to me the character models are what I’ve always hoped a modder would do for the original trilogy. Higher poly models, and higher quality textures.

Every graphics mod always focused on the lighting, textures of the world, vehicles etc. Literally everything except the characters and NPCs, other than maybe swapping the models with the cutscene versions. But this is what I always figured an improved version would look like. They didn’t change the art-style or anything. They’re not GTA IV/V or RDR2 styled versions/re-imaginings. They’re just higher quality versions of the original designs.

I’m looking forward to some gameplay trailers, but so far things look pretty promising. In all honesty, based on all the leaks and rumors leading up to this that turned out to be true—I’m supporting this so we can get a god damn RDR1 remaster, and released on the PC.

EDIT: Damn, looking through the individual threads for each game all I see is people complaining that the character models and everything aren’t on the level of GTA V/RDR2. Meanwhile, for the past year in the speculation topic, all everyone in there had hoped for was that they would retain the original cartoony art style—especially if they were using the same map and sh*t, or else the designs would clash. I mean come on, think about all the sh*tty mods for the original trilogy where you have some super high quality model alongside the rest of the block-ass game. I’m honestly beginning to think the people complaining about the models not being GTA V/RDR2 quality are the same idiot weaboos that replace CJ with some high quality/high poly anime character and think it turns the game into some 10/10 masterpiece.

A remake would have been the best case scenario, especially since we have to wait so long for GTA VI.  But I would have been fine with a well done remaster that handles the character models well. Instead they made them way more cartoony than they were in the original games and ruined the  atmosphere (see GTA 3 and VC comparison shots especially)

13 minutes ago, StarJet905 said:

I can't believe we still have people comparing remasters to remakes 

A remake is a full new game.

As in $60 or $70 and like 5 years of dev time per game considering how Rockstar does things. Oh and no GTA6 or new RD during that time either. (Personally don't mind the latter)

Rockstar already hasn't worked on anything GTA SP related since almost a decade, instead they have been milking Online nonstop. I don't see why other companies can manage quality remakes but Rockstar can't even though they have far more money.

Even if a remake didn't happen at least they could have done a faithful remaster themselves, instead of letting some other sh*tty company take over who only handled the awful mobile port of SA. Right now the remaster sh*ts on the original characters and atmosphere while not really improving much in terms of graphics (lots of textures look like sh*t, everything looks plastic and too cartoony). Even the Master Chief collection was a better handled remaster

2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Good comparison video that really shows how much more cartoony the remaster is...yet people still deny it

Edited by Journey_95

Just now, Journey_95 said:

Rockstar already hasn't worked on anything GTA SP related since almost a decade, instead they have been milking Online nonstop. I don't see why other companies can manage quality remakes but Rockstar can't even though they have far more money.

Even if a remake didn't happen at least they could have done a faithful remaster themselves, instead of letting some other sh*tty company take over who only handled the awful mobile port of SA. Right now the remaster sh*ts on the original characters and atmosphere while not really improving much in terms of graphics (lots of textures look like sh*t). Even the Master Chief collection was a better handled remaster

I agree that the character models aren't great but claiming that graphics has not really improved in general is hilarious. 

6 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

Good comparison video that really shows how much more cartoony the remaster is...yet people still deny it

Yes, because people are entitled to their opinion. You think it is, they think it's not. Easy. Stop sh*tting all over the analysis topic with this "lazy devs"-style argumentation (the attitude is the problem here, not your opinion of the remasters) when you have a dedicated topic for that stuff. 

Let people at least discuss actual differences and not perpetuate the "LOOKS LIKE FORTNITE sh*t" arguing just because.

• Like 6

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

NorthOfVarnen

Unsure if this has been stated before but there is a chance that the gameplay shown in the trailer is a few months old as the amount of uploaded videos on R* youtube channel remained the same after it came up so it's possible that some of the janky parts are still subject to change before release. But it's no guarantee of course.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Yes, because people are entitled to their opinion. You think it is, they think it's not. Easy. Stop sh*tting all over the analysis topic with this "lazy devs"-style argumentation (the attitude is the problem here, not your opinion of the remasters) when you have a dedicated topic for that stuff. 

Let people at least discuss actual differences and not perpetuate the "LOOKS LIKE FORTNITE sh*t" arguing just because.

And I'm entitled to my opinion as well (that the devs are lazy for an example) so why are you getting mad over that. Just because there is a specific criticism thread doesn't mean the rest of the forum has to be positive.

Also I discussed the differences like the more cartoony characters or that the graphics are a bit improved in some ways but the textures still look like sh*t.  Dumbing down my argument to "looks like fortnite" is silly, its just a comparison.  

Edited by Journey_95

For some reason, not all GTA:VC screenshots feature the same buildings and details:

Screenshot:

l1f3l3i.png

Trailer:

oep3PMO.png

No vegetation in the screenshot but there is in the trailer. This gives me hope that there is more work left and that the trailer is actually improving on things.

Algonquin Assassin
24 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Best comparison yet.

Every time I see the pic of Claude with the flamethrower it looks like a horror movie lol.

• Like 2

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

6 minutes ago, NorthOfVarnen said:

Unsure if this has been stated before but there is a chance that the gameplay shown in the trailer is a few months old as the amount of uploaded videos on R* youtube channel remained the same after it came up so it's possible that some of the janky parts are still subject to change before release. But it's no guarantee of course.

Actually, the trailer looks more updated in case of GTA:VC. In some screenshots, some buildings are not as polished while in the other screenshots, it's close to the trailer.

Edited by SquoniX
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SquoniX said:

For some reason, not all GTA:VC screenshots feature the same buildings and details:

Screenshot:

l1f3l3i.png

Trailer:

oep3PMO.png

No vegetation in the screenshot but there is in the trailer. This gives me hope that there is more work left and that the trailer is actually improving on things.

Very interesting find! I hope trailer shows us the newest build. 

I don't like how the Ocean Drive looks, but maybe it really should look as boring as it does.

ValterUdarnik
On 10/22/2021 at 3:13 PM, Ezekiel said:

aight, chill out about characters, when it comes out, someone make a tool, I'll re-remaster those.

Yeah, I just remembered your character remasters for GTA: SA which were far better and truthful to the GTA 3D legacy compared to this new sh*t.

Original game:

maxresdefault.jpg

Your new characters:

15733306517794_screenshot_3.jpg

gta-sa-insanity-characters-ch-cutscene-p

Edited by ValterUdarnik
  • YEE 1

ADropInTheOcean
1 hour ago, SquoniX said:

Screenshot:

l1f3l3i.png

Trailer:

oep3PMO.png

That might just be the draw distance tho, maybe the vegetation doesn't render at the distance in the first screenshot but it does render in the second one?

Lock n' Stock
2 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

The improvement is definitely there. I think it's the character models that are off-putting more than anything (plasticky-looking, divert from the originals too much).

• Like 2

The plastic look is due to the engine, the overall look of these games is damn near identical to the SR3 remaster which was also ported over to UE4.

Saints-Row-The-Third-Remastered-Screensh

• Like 2

These modded characters look so bad. Just look at them. Come on.

Edited by Americana

1 hour ago, K0ol-G-R4P said:

The plastic look is due to the engine, the overall look of these games is damn near identical to the SR3 remaster which was also ported over to UE4.

Not really, been playing around Unreal Engine for a few years now, I know for a fact that it really comes to the artistic style you are aiming for.

Also as far as I know Saints Row 3 Remastered uses same engine Volition used, they just improved it a bit, added volumetric and other effects.

Edited by iNSANE666
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, K0ol-G-R4P said:

Where is the info about UE engine in SR comes from? This game has new lighting and changed characters, but uses original SR3 engine which is not UE.

• Like 1

cuban gang member
2 hours ago, K0ol-G-R4P said:

Gta trilogy never meant to have realistic graphics.engine has nothing to do with this cartoony look

5 hours ago, SquoniX said:

Man, the city looks far better, it is not even the same game in this comparison:

That's questionable, for me it looks worse because atmosphere of Los Santos is completely gone. IMO it looks cheap, like devs didn't have any idea what to do with this so they cranked up draw distance to maximum and there you have it, "remaster".