GTA Trilogy: The Definitive Edition Now Available for Pre-Order - Coming Nov 11

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

Complaints & Criticisms Thread

Screenshot Fun/Memes Topic
Trilogy Soundtrack Discussion

Screenshot Analysis Topics: III | VC | SA

Please use the report feature to report rule breaking posts and avoid engaging too much! Top right of each post > three dots > Report

Initial reactions!  

1,058 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the trailer and screenshots have been released, what do you think?

6 minutes ago, HarryTVisitor said:

Y'know, even though the visual design of these versions don't quite add up perfectly, I still really like the way they look. If only to give us a different perspective on these classics, and to give us SOMETHING new to look at rather than GTAO/RDO spam :pp

That’s why I’m not mad I mean they could have been worse they could’ve looked like this

P8WCLl4.jpg?1

:kekw:🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Edited by Zello

VitoCorleone1992
1 minute ago, SageFan said:

Fixed

6tLUIca.jpg

Still, i think we are overexaggerating a little bit... :kekw: The characters look a little bit cartoonish, but the rest of the game looks nice. And as they said: "fresh but mantaining the looks of the past" which traslates to past all that mumbo jumbo of capitalism and marketing strategies: "it's a pretty refined remastered but we didn't want to spend like 8 years of transforming the trilogy into a GTA V graphical wise. Take it or leave it." Also, i will not have a final word about it before i see the gameplay and what news things will bring (if - and i'm meaning new weapons, new properties, interiors from previous buildings that didn't none, much what gta 3 was, if going to the prostitutes you will have those animations of both staying in their sits and the car bounces, lol, or if they will make gta nowadays mechanics in that regard, customizable clothes for Claude, cut content like missions, different easter eggs and finally knowing what happened with Donald Love and what that credits gun shot was about, which to me are two of the biggest misteries of the GTA and GTA 3 in particular).

• Like 1

I feel like the differing styles of the 3 games are throwing people a little off. Cutting between III, Vice City and San Andreas, also including how they originally looked, in under a minute overwhelms the senses a bit. 

• Like 2

GEl5QoJ.gif

Anyone notice CJ's head starting to wobble after the explosion? Anyone know what would cause that? maybe the head being paired to the clothing when going fast on a bike?

I guess it would be too much to ask if we are able to choose if we want to play with these new weird-looking chars or keep the old classic main chars (like in crash bandicoot remasters)

I also guess they keep the old games original, no new shops or new races or whatever

Edited by Punkd

HarryTVisitor
Just now, SoulStorm64 said:

GEl5QoJ.gif

Anyone notice CJ's head starting to wobble after the explosion? Anyone know what would cause that? maybe the head being paired to the clothing when going fast on a bike?

If memory serves me correctly, he'd do that sometimes in the original version when going fast on a bike

Cheesy Vaginas

Any word on if you'll get a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5? I have a PS5 ordered that will hopefully arrive before the trilogy but if the trilogy comes first I will have to get the PS4 version 

StanleySmooth47
2 minutes ago, HarryTVisitor said:

If memory serves me correctly, he'd do that sometimes in the original version when going fast on a bike

It's likely that the animations of the clothes moving are paired to the rest of his body

2 minutes ago, evelpod666 said:

I can only assume this is on purpose.

the s? i add s whenever it feels right :)

i wonder if it can be determine if the games is using volumetric clouds? i have seen no one talk about this?

Doctor Butler
30 minutes ago, Zello said:

My only complaint is the song they used for the trailer. It was the same one they used 10 years ago and it felt kinda cheap to reuse it I kinda wish they’d switch it up again and give us a new one for the 20th anniversary. 

It’s the music from the original GTA3 commercial.

VitoCorleone1992

By the way...i guess that at this point, the majority of us noticed that the Trilogy is coming in the day that E&E was supposed to come. :kekw:

28 minutes ago, SoulStorm64 said:

GEl5QoJ.gif

It's something that was present in the originals, i remember OG LOC shirtless having his torso wavering like clothes in the air. :kekw: Also from that picture, we can also see other thing: CJ is holding the bike handlebars like in the original, or in this case "not holding that much", it looks like they are just glued there. So, is this kind of stuff that makes me starting to believe that the major changes apart from the GTA V aiming mechanics were just visual ones. So, i'm starting to not expecting that "new content" that we wanted, like cut missions, weapons, secrets, etc.

27 minutes ago, Punkd said:

I also guess they keep the old games original, no new shops or new races or whatever

Well, maybe  not, just read what i said here above.

VitoCorleone1992
20 minutes ago, Starbeth said:

i wonder if it can be determine if the games is using volumetric clouds? i have seen no one talk about this?

Looks like that not even E&E will have so, i don't think they would go for that trouble here. And there's some pictures of clouds that shows that it's not the case.

Just now, Zello said:

80d6d6b25c7e8b86187a.jpg
Tommy looks good here.

Bro, i really don't know man...Tommy was the worst of the three...look at the colour of his hands and face...totally different. The arms and hands are yellow and looks like made of plastic.

21 minutes ago, Doctor Butler said:

It’s the music from the original GTA3 commercial.

I know but still I’m tired of the remix version.

Like it’s the same song. Should have chosen something different imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

Looks like that not even E&E will have so, i don't think they would go for that trouble here. And there's some pictures of clouds that shows that it's not the case.

looks like they is saving it for 6 :yee: , hoping the reveal of it will make up for this slight disappointment by next year 

37 minutes ago, evelpod666 said:

I can only assume this is on purpose.

forgot to say i will try to resist temptation of adding s respected user, reading back my message i see how dumb it look :sadkek:

Ok, so I dug trough  some of this topic:

1. It wasn't developed by R*, but by third party developer Grove Street Games - that mostly do mobile ports

2. Characters models looks like s.. especially Tommy

3. Cuts in music

4. Lights looks good

Good I've originals, bad that new players won't have a choice to buy them. 

I wasn't expecting much but like i wrote earlier 60$ for this is way too much form my taste, I think i will pass on this one, see you here next time when true R* will announce GTA6, but I think it wont be soon, so bye until then 

6 minutes ago, evelpod666 said:

I see what you did! Now the S is deleted.

ah sh*t didnt mean to :kekw:

Edited by Starbeth
said too instead of to. brain not working today
  • KEKW 1

MrGTAmodsgerman

Once i saw the screenshots and the trailer, i was confused how it looked. I had the feeling something isn't right there. So i tried to make what it should look like in my opinion for a Definitive Edition with "the classic look".

We definitly need ReShade when we want to have some nostalgia if you ask me.
GTA III:

kGzhdqF.jpeg

GTA San Andreas:

Spoiler

Ozhlv80.jpeg

nvUvLaA.jpeg

GTA Vice City:

Spoiler

O8cbFfZ.jpeg

Now R*... WHY?

On 10/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, Starbeth said:

At first glace, it seems that Rockstar could be using a very simple skybox for all the 3 games.

But if you pay attention at around 0:19 in the trailer, you can actually see the clouds on the right move/deform, here's a lil gif to showcase what i'm saying.
GYHLnGG.gif
It might or might not be volumetric clouds, guess we'll find out very soon.

Edited by iAbokai

1 minute ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

Once i saw the screenshots and the trailer, i was confused how it looked. I had the feeling something isn't right there. So i tried to make what it should look like in my opinion for a Definitive Edition with "the classic look".

We definitly need ReShade when we want to have some nostalgia if you ask me.
GTA III:

kGzhdqF.jpeg

GTA San Andreas:

Hide contents

Ozhlv80.jpeg

nvUvLaA.jpeg

GTA Vice City:

Hide contents

O8cbFfZ.jpeg

Now R*... WHY?

You know, is pretty Ironic that most of the old school look is all about color grading, and people love that in the old games.

Yet, when it comes to the new ones like GTA IV GTA V Or even RDR2, they hate the color grading, and they remove it in graphical mods.

They can't please everyone, I'd rather have all the lighting improvements and color correcting without the blue and orange tint.

That blue and Orange tint will be there in the proper Weathers, as it happens to be in real life...

2 minutes ago, iAbokai said:

At first glace, it seems that Rockstar could be using a very simple skybox for all the 3 games.

But if you pay attention at around 0:19 in the trailer, you can actually see the clouds on the right move/deform, here's a lil gif to showcase what i'm saying.
GYHLnGG.gif
It might or might not be volumetric clouds, guess we'll find out very soon.

nice find, i hope digital foundry makes a video soon. also i am making so many grammer mistakes i need to take a break from this forums :modkek:

Doctor Butler
23 minutes ago, Zello said:

I know but still I’m tired of the remix version.

Like it’s the same song. Should have chosen something different imo.

Fair. It makes sense in the first one, since it’s paying homage to GTA3 specifically. Honestly the new on should have used *Joyride* - it’s sort of the franchises theme song.

MrGTAmodsgerman
5 minutes ago, thalilmythos said:

You know, is pretty Ironic that most of the old school look is all about color grading, and people love that in the old games.

Yet, when it comes to the new ones like GTA IV GTA V Or even RDR2, they hate the color grading, and they remove it in graphical mods.

They can't please everyone, I'd rather have all the lighting improvements and color correcting without the blue and orange tint.

That blue and Orange tint will be there in the proper Weathers, as it happens to be in real life...

But bro, they made all 3 games characters into oranges. This have nothing todo with modern graphics anymore. It looks like Fortnite.

• Like 2