1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

20 years of Grand Theft Auto III - Happy birthday GTA III

AndyGanteks

cuban gang member

Happy birthday to all of the gta fans around the world

Everything started with this game. I fell in love with franchise after playing this.

Thank you gta III for making my childhood great.

Btw give me a fair slice please.😁

Edited by cuban gang member

I am still a huge fan of this game, and always will be. And I can't wait for the remaster to hit. I have high hopes.

The cake is a lie. 🎂

• Like 2

God, I remember using the flying vehicles cheat and the tank cheat to get to the second city asap. Good times!

Happy birthday GTA III !

Edited by Sankels
  • Like 2

Legomanarthur

Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite GTA! The one that started it all for me. Even after all these years I still find ways to have fun when I play it, it just never gets old. GTA III is one of those games that I will forever hold dear simply because of how big of an impact it has left on me when I first played it. It's quite crazy to think this game is now 20 years old.

I did this in my spare time a few months ago in order to celebrate, only to add the red logo of the Definitive Edition as a last minute change. It's nothing much but I'm quite pleased with the result:

OOaIgCZ.png

DEADWOODZ

Happy birthday GTA III, the video game i put hours upon hours into during my childhood.

Video is clearly unrelated to III. It's one of my favourite tracks in the game, though!

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Francesco1991
2 hours ago, Legomanarthur said:

Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite GTA! The one that started it all for me. Even after all these years I still find ways to have fun when I play it, it just never gets old. GTA III is one of those games that I will forever hold dear simply because of how big of an impact it has left on me when I first played it. It's quite crazy to think this game is now 20 years old.

I did this in my spare time a few months ago in order to celebrate, only to add the red logo of the Definitive Edition as a last minute change. It's nothing much but I'm quite pleased with the result:

OOaIgCZ.png

Best GTA artwork ever..

• Like 2

happy b-day gta3, great game,  i still remember how i played it the first time

and man that intro music, it feels soo nostalgic and always kinda brings me back to the time i played the game as a kid

Wayne Kerr

Here's to 20 years of our mothers being our sisters 🍻 

Here's to the game that spawned it all 🍻

Happy birthday to the game that changed everything.

• Like 2

chrometokyo

Happy Birthday to the legendary title! didn’t grow up with 3 sadly but I could only imagine how groundbreaking this game was when it released. The hype must’ve been through the roof!

Are there any members left that were there 20 years ago picking up this game? 

Edited by chrometokyo
  • Like 6

mawerick_mc
2 minutes ago, chrometokyo said:

Happy Birthday to the legendary title! didn’t grow up with 3 sadly but I could only imagine how groundbreaking this game was when it released. The hype must’ve been through the roof!

Are there any members left that were there 20 years ago picking up this game? 

Happy cakeday GTA III !

Yes there are many OG players around here. I started with III when I was 12, but we have members who started with the very first one back in 97'.

• Like 2

Francesco1991

20211022-033137-Copia

Lonely-Martin

Happy birthday indeed!

Game changer for me. I enjoyed the top down games but this release was the one to just offer so much and has ever since. Cool story, sweet open world, great voice cast, cracking music, and all manor of illegal shenanigans.

Looking forward to see what they do with the definitive edition and here's hoping it only gives me more fun and memorable moments.

Cheers folks!

• Like 5

Spider-Vice

Happy anniversary GTA3! I can't even begin to count the hours I've spent in this game, even if I've spent many more in GTA SA. It wasn't my favourite GTA game but it was definitely the most revolutionary and it broke a lot of boundaries that hadn't been broken at that time yet. 3D era LC is one of my favourite cities and the mood of GTA3 was absolutely perfect.

GTA3 was obviously also the game that brought GTAForums to life, so here are a few throwbacks of our own: GTAForums in 2001, us in a GTA manual (in this case SA but we first appeared in GTA III PC I believe), and the GTA III PC ReadMe file linking to our gta3.com minisite (and our forums as a result) for community tips and tricks :D 

FCRFWM6WUAYOEvD?format=jpg&name=large

FCRLOwzWYAAUf_x?format=png&name=small

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

DJ-Jelly-Doughnut

20 years already.. wow. Here's to the game that brought us all together back in the day and to the series that's keeping us together today. 

• Like 6
user posted image

Bella Odessa

I remember driving around waiting for this bop to play lol the memories!

Original Light

It's hard to believe it's been two decades, happy birthday GTA. 

• Like 3

Mindshower

Ei6kEzmWAAABKc7.jpg

The most influential game of all time, both in gaming and in culture. Happy birthday Claude, you snake without a tongue.

• Like 11

VitoCorleone1992

Happy Birthday GTA 3!!!!!

My first gta that i ever saw was gta 2, when i was probably 8 years old. I didn't even noticed that it was called GTA 2 and neither what was about or even better what that franchise would be about. It was just my 8 yo sitting in front oof the pc in the bedroom with two a little bit older friends, that were playing while the small kid was just there to watch.

Then while the kids of the street were playing outside, those specific two friends went to the house of one of them playing GTA 3...that was the first time i heard that name and one of them told me what that was about, i got very interested in the game, but since i was younger they didn't invite me to play. Maybe 1 or 2 years later ater that, i was seeing in one of those friend's bedroom GTA Vice City. Now i knew that GTA was something important in the game industry. Some famous game with some titles already.

So i first experienced GTA Vice City and only then GTA 3. It was a total experience going from the sunny Vice City to the rainy, foggy and melanhcolic Liberty City with a heavy ambience aura. I couldn't nonethless feeling joy playing it despite some melancholy, even accentuated by those blurry motions of the cutscenes and hearing those voices while they were speaking through a funnel.

But it was the game that changed the game industry, i would say, too much in particularly the open world genre and still to this day GTA is my favourite open world game where i feel the most freedom possible.

Edited by VitoCorleone1992

Quinn_flower

🥲 Many happy memories playing this on the ps2 and what got me into the series

Edited by Quinn_flower

GTA III was the game that got me into the franchise. It was maybe 3 or 4 years after release on my friend's PS2. He didn't have a save card so the opening scene of the game is permanently seared into my brain. Glad to see one of my favorite games getting the love it deserves from the community!

Valiant ENT CEO

I'd like to give a big BIG shoutout to the GTA:LC mod team here at GTAF! Your work was incredible and did a lot for the (VC) stunt scene. Your hard work lead to hundreds of hours of enjoyment for me and so many others. :)

Thank you!

Happy Birthday Grand Theft Auto III, the Game that changed everything, still My most beloved GTA, the change from 2 to 3 was incredible back in the day, the amount of hours i played this Game i cannot count, just killing peds, blowing everything up or just chilling in a car during a rainy day while listening to chatterbox... 20 years!!! And cannot wait to do it again... Cheers fellers🥲

Edited by Crateman
  • Like 1

GTA3Rockstar

I barely turned 12 and played GTA3 non-stop. Stayed up all night and day

Great times for sure

• Like 5

ppNaW16.png

universetwisters

Happy birthday, GTA 3! The video game to get me into video games! My brother created a monster when he showed it to me that one summer in 2002 thinking I wouldn’t care about it but oh boy was he wrong

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Legomanarthur said:

OOaIgCZ.png

Love your work bro. The artwork really pops with the black ⚫  contrast. 

Would love this as a poster!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Legomanarthur said:

OOaIgCZ.png

Great post and artwork 🥲

• Like 3