4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Complaints & Criticisms Thread

sefus

Claude_Lib

Should I really be surprised seeing the moderating staff here supporting censorship and cancelling? Shirt or no shirt, Rockstar had balls 20 years ago, now they've turned into pussies, catering to people who mostly aren't even old enough to legally play their games, but they bring money, that's all that matters.

IzzyBlues
1 hour ago, JRC99 said:

Now, can we please move on?

Apparently not. :adminkek:

Claude_Lib

I guess the only problem I have with Trilogy other than censorship is the character models, but we all agree they suck.

Oh, and also people praising Rockstar/War Drum for the incredible rendering rework when all they did was take Vice Cry and drop it into Unreal and the engine did the rest. Do people really think Rockstar/War Drum themselves wrote code for lighting/shadows/reflections? It was all Epic, the games should be EGS exclusive.

Edited by Claude_Lib

BananaSpud666
16 minutes ago, IzzyBlues said:

Apparently not.:adminkek:

adminkek.png

This needs to be a reaction

Edited by BananaSpud666

15 minutes ago, Claude_Lib said:

I guess the only problem I have with Trilogy other than censorship is the character models, but we all agree they suck.

Oh, and also people praising Rockstar/War Drum for the incredible rendering rework when all they did was take Vice Cry and drop it into Unreal and the engine did the rest. Do people really think Rockstar/War Drum themselves wrote code for lighting/shadows/reflections? It was all Epic, the games should be EGS exclusive.

It shouldn't be an EGS exclusive since EGS f*cking sucks. Hell it's a Rockstar Launcher last time I checked, but I could be wrong. Also I don't think Rockstar really have any part of making these sh*tty remakes. It's all War Drum/ Grove Street Games doing, and it's f*cking stupid that Take2 gave them the f*cking contract in the first place. The models look like ass, and then they also censor sh*t on top of it all.

45 minutes ago, BananaSpud666 said:

Seems like we have to play it to find out...

I aint playing it at the current prices and that I want the physical for cheap and used. So yeah, we will see in a week or two about how much else was changed. 

20 minutes ago, Claude_Lib said:

Rockstar had balls 20 years ago, now they've turned into pussies,

Every f*cking Western studio is f*cking like this. They have all been infected with this regressive bullsh*t. The best thing to do, is don't f*cking buy any games that bend the knee for this bullsh*t. Or pirate/buy used copies if you have to play it. Hell this bullsh*t is starting to infect Japanese studios too, since they have hired westerners. 

Edited by Moth

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

ChengizVlad09
6 hours ago, LarcenousUrsine said:

Making vehicle models needs more than just a copy of Photoshop, y'know. You need some modelling software and whatever is used in-house to port models into the game, be it a 3DS Max/Maya plugin or whatever else.

Course, these sorts of sketches could serve as inspiration for vehicle modellers to make scratch-made models.

But the quality of the reflections, at the end of the day, will depend on the quality of the model. And PS won't be enough to make sure they don't look scuffed under traffic lights or daylight.

That's exactly what I was saying.

MiamiViceCity1986
2 hours ago, AmigaMix said:

The whole thing feels a bit "Stockholm syndrome-y" to me, tbh.

I can understand those who are carefully optimistic, or simply dig the new art direction(s), but there are some folks who'll defend those (unreleased) games like they were their children. "Fanboyism" - to put it bluntly.

It's as if, after all this waiting, and GTA V / O - milking, folks were going to love the remasters... or die trying.

I guess I’m one of those that’s carefully optimistic, but don’t you think it’s a bit sh*t how some people are hoping for these games to fail simply out of spite so that those are that are planning to preorder them or playing them at launch feel like idiots?

Because I see a lot of that in this thread so I don’t see how it’s any different to  blind fanboyism.

I can totally understand why people are fuming over the original games being delisted and the stance on modding since it’s something I agree with too, but at the same time some people are letting emotion cloud their judgement from one extreme to the other and then there’s the rest of us who are somewhere caught in the middle.

I’m not going to lie, but before anything was announced officially I didn’t really feel on board. However once the trailer dropped it impressed more than I thought it would.

I still have my concerns of course, but I’ll reserve those for when I see more whether R* release more trailers/screenshots or simply when I play them.

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

@MiamiViceCity1986 Oh, there are people going out of their way to be miserable about this thing, no doubt.  

Now that I think about it, ignoring the political stuff, the situation doesn't seem too different from those IV vs. V - "gang wars".

Edited by AmigaMix
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

1 hour ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

I guess I’m one of those that’s carefully optimistic, but don’t you think it’s a bit sh*t how some people are hoping for these games to fail simply out of spite so that those are that are planning to preorder them or playing them at launch feel like idiots?

Because I see a lot of that in this thread so I don’t see how it’s any different to  blind fanboyism.

I can totally understand why people are fuming over the original games being delisted and the stance on modding since it’s something I agree with too, but at the same time some people are letting emotion cloud their judgement from one extreme to the other and then there’s the rest of us who are somewhere caught in the middle.

I’m not going to lie, but before anything was announced officially I didn’t really feel on board. However once the trailer dropped it impressed more than I thought it would.

I still have my concerns of course, but I’ll reserve those for when I see more whether R* release more trailers/screenshots or simply when I play them.

At this point in time, I've been burned way too many times by devs I actually give a sh*t about. Do I hope it fails? Kinda, cause I hope it would force Take2 to change directions,(though that hope is very small) but I'm not going to hate you for enjoying it. I've just become so disenfranchised by so many of these publishers and devs, who love throwing their loyal fans under the bus. I hate the idea of updating sh*t for or targeting a "modern audience" cause it's just marketing speak for the easily offended on Twitter, gaming journalists and the like. And it pisses me off everything f*cking time it happens, and I am seeing hints of that here with these remasters/remakes. It always starts off with small things, but then it expands to larger things.

At this point in time Rockstar has to prove to me that they are worthy of me actually trusting them. I yearn for a new GTA game, but I fear with the lost of Dan House, Lazlow and Leslie Benzies that GTA VI isn't going to be as good. They could hire new people to replace them, but then you'll get something similar to the Saints Row reboot.

And this, what feels like, half assed remake isn't helping much. Modders have done more with less. And Take2 is sh*tting on life long fans with these cease and desists. How can anyone think it's a bad thing, while also continuing giving them money? It's like punching yourself in the face.

I used to be a massive Rockstar fan, but I know they don't give a sh*t about me and thus I stopped being one. These companies don't learn anything until it costs them tons of money.

Edited by Moth

DVf9mQs.png

gtafaninwest
2 minutes ago, Moth said:

At this point in time, I've been burned way too many times by devs I actually give a sh*t about. Do I hope it fails? Kinda, cause I hope it would force Take2 to change directions,(though that hope is very small) but I'm not going to hate you for enjoying it. I've just become so disenfranchised by so many of these publishers and devs, who love throwing their loyal fans under the bus. I hate the idea of updating sh*t for or targeting a "modern audience" cause it's just marketing speak for the easily offended on Twitter, gaming journalists and the like. And it pisses me off everything f*cking time it happens, and I am seeing hints of that here with these remasters/remakes. It always starts off with small things, but then it expands to larger things.

At this point in time Rockstar has to prove to me that they are worthy of me actually trusting them. I yearn for a new GTA game, but I fear with the lost of Dan House, Lazlow and Leslie Benzies that GTA VI isn't going to be as good. They could hire new people to replace them, but then you'll get something similar to the Saints Row reboot.

And this, what feels like, half assed remake isn't helping much. Modders have done more with less. And Take2 is sh*tting on life long fans with these cease and desists. How can anyone think it's a bad thing, while also continuing giving them money? It's like punching yourself in the face.

I used to be a massive Rockstar fan, but I know they don't give a sh*t about me and thus I stopped being one. 

I used to consider R* (now C*) a very respectable company. But now they are lower than dirt, along with Take2 (including Strauss).

TheSantader25

I don't know why R* at least don't make a parody version of the flag instead of replacing it with a lame skull. Everything else has a parody name/logo. Why not this one?

Just now, TheSantader25 said:

I don't know why R* at least don't make a parody version of the flag instead of replacing it with a lame skull. Everything else has a parody name/logo. Why not this one?

Cause it's not Rockstar that is making this, it's Grove Street Games.

DVf9mQs.png

Valiant ENT CEO

Tsk tsk.

All this censorship is definitely going to put a damper on allll the racist fun I have in single player! Not really though. I just think it won't be fun to see these miniscule changes. Changes that shouldn't occur based off a "what if"

Journey_95
13 hours ago, Jabalous said:

I'm not optimistic, but I think we need to see VI first before making a final judgment. I always liked how R* made fun of everybody and didn't care. However, I understand that the situation is now more dangerous that the parent company itself, Take Two, might intervene in what's and what's not appropriate. It could actually be one reason for why Dan Houser and others departed. Too many sensitive people out there ready to burst into tears at the inclusion of a sarcastic comment/imagery and trigger-happy journalists who would love to tear R* apart, in addition to short sellers who would take the chance and jump on the bandwagon to short the $TTWO ticker. 

Difference is that back then liberals were not as extreme and conservatives haven't had any real influence in entertainment for decades anyway so it was easier for Rockstar to make fun of everyone. Now liberals get butthurt over everything on Twitter and no company wants bad press.  So literally every game and show is "woke approved" now.

10 hours ago, Raavi said:

All the whining ad nauseam for I don’t even f*cking know how many pages at this point for a t-shirt on a virtual character.

Really. Guess we found a new rock bottom.

Seems like you didn't really read the thread.. No one gives a f*ck about the confederate flag in particular, the problem is that if the devs already removed it so no one gets offended, what else have they changed?  You said it yourself its "just" a virtual flag on a virtual t-shirt, so why remove it?   

8 hours ago, MobBG said:

But I do like it here and a lot of other people like it too. I met some of my best friends here and I had hours upon hours of fun. It's just that we(the users) prefer not to have bias shown against individual opinions. Users getting banned and threads getting deleted for having different views and opinions to staff is not a good thing for a forum. I understand that moderation should be applied for malicious and illegal content but having trigger happy staff for anything they personally dislike is just silly.

Sadly it seems this forum much like Twitter, reddit etc. has also been taken over by woke people. These people can't handle different opinions and will ban anyone who disagrees.  

Edited by Journey_95

Mindshower
2 hours ago, Moth said:

I yearn for a new GTA game, but I fear with the lost of Dan House, Lazlow and Leslie Benzies that GTA VI isn't going to be as good. They could hire new people to replace them, but then you'll get something similar to the Saints Row reboot.

Nailed it. Bit dramatic on my part, but with how these remasters look, the attitude toward censorship and the general praise of it by the fans, the exodus of talent post GTA V...it's looking like we're going to have to plan a funeral. 

BananaSpud666
1 hour ago, Mindshower said:

.it's looking like we're going to have to plan a funeral. 

Yup...

7 hours ago, Claude_Lib said:

Should I really be surprised seeing the moderating staff here supporting censorship and cancelling? Shirt or no shirt, Rockstar had balls 20 years ago, now they've turned into pussies, catering to people who mostly aren't even old enough to legally play their games, but they bring money, that's all that matters.

maybe its not R* who turned into "pussies" but its the society nowadays ... think about it 🤯

27 minutes ago, Punkd said:

maybe its not R* who turned into "pussies" but its the society nowadays ... think about it 🤯

And Rockstar showed that pretty good when GTA 5 came out in the storyline.. man that storyline was actually some sort of prophecy for the years we live in now. Too bad Rockstar is kneeling too.. Wish society could accept satire more and not cancel everything that even tries to put a finger on that issue.

Killerman29

Remember last year when rockstar shut down gta online servers several hours because george floyd incident? was even rumored that they canceled cops and crooks dlc because that, so yes, old Rockstar is no more

Adrenalist

You do realize that R* cut the ability to shoot down airliners from III just before it went to print, right? Then the Haitian thing came around. Then the Hot Coffee episode. 

So we have three examples of censorship within all three of these games:

1) Self-Censorship

2) Government (Haitian) pressure / litigation

3) ESRB Censorship (R* lost their M rating to an AO rating which is not supported by consoles).

If I had to guess, this is a fourth type of censorship: Shareholder censorship. 

Aristotel2003
9 hours ago, Moth said:

That's one thing I f*cking hate about physical games nowadays and especially for the Switch. Put the entire f*cking game on the f*cking disc/cartridge. If there isn't room for all of it, put a second disc or cartridge in the case. Or sell them separately for a cheaper price.( Like sell GTA III and VIce City on one cartridge for 30 bucks and sell San Andreas on another.) 

Only SA had real f*cking swearing in it. III and Vice City were f*cking tame when compared to SA and nowadays. 

I'm more worried about what they are going to do regarding textures and models, not the dialogue. Like are they going to nerf Candy Suxx's and other NPC's tits?

No tits because 2021, who says so? i dunno homie 

Mindshower

I always thought the Haitian thing was tone deaf. Not trying to pick and choose censorship here, but they could've been more creative with the name of the gang to avoid these issues.

6 minutes ago, Mindshower said:

I always thought the Haitian thing was tone deaf. Not trying to pick and choose censorship here, but they could've been more creative with the name of the gang to avoid these issues.

I think the reason for that was that it got cut so close to release. They didn't have time to rerecord voice lines and stuff. They only removed parts of the dialogue and spliced in others, but didn't add anything new. This video shows you the differences pretty well:

Other than that I agree with you, it would have been much better if they changed the gangs.

Edited by LaszloR1
  • Like 2

People seem to forget that this project isn't made by Rockstar themselves. It's Made by a studio that got bought by Rockstar. None of these people worked on any of the old GTA's.

Also, there is already censorship applied. And the soundtrack will be incomplete. No Billie Jean in VS, no 2pac i don't give a f*ck in San Andreas. (just 2 examples.) 

I will still buy it, but i don't have a good feeling about it. How can you call this the definitive edition, when it's clearly a incomplete remaster. Rockstar isn't interested in being targeted by "the woke mob".

Thomas Cavendish

Not surprised by such disrespect from a person crying about the flag.png over 30 pages.

• Like 1

TheSantader25
1 hour ago, Adrenalist said:

You do realize that R* cut the ability to shoot down airliners from III just before it went to print, right? Then the Haitian thing came around. Then the Hot Coffee episode. 

So we have three examples of censorship within all three of these games:

1) Self-Censorship

2) Government (Haitian) pressure / litigation

3) ESRB Censorship (R* lost their M rating to an AO rating which is not supported by consoles).

If I had to guess, this is a fourth type of censorship: Shareholder censorship. 

Except those censorships were a consequence of extraordinary situations to avoid serious consequences. This is just to please shareholders and a sensitive audience. 

1 hour ago, Adrenalist said:

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Not surprised by such disrespect from a person crying about the flag.png over 30 pages.

IT. IS. NOT. ABOUT. THE. FLAG.

• Like 2

BullseyeSBT
4 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

I mean there is a chance, that it's the only thing removed in the new ones compared to the last version of the rockstar ones, but censorship isn't the only issue here..

Spider-Vice
12 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

May need some anger management help there? I'm sure you can breathe and say your opinion without all this.

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

MiamiViceCity1986
7 hours ago, AmigaMix said:

@MiamiViceCity1986 Oh, there are people going out of their way to be miserable about this thing, no doubt.  

Now that I think about it, ignoring the political stuff, the situation doesn't seem too different from those IV vs. V - "gang wars".

In a way when there’s a new game on the horizon it’s true the gloves come off aka GTA IV and GTA V.🥸

But because I’ve keeping my expectations so low I’m sure there’ll be something with these games that’ll  annoy me.

First thing’s first. If any of the versions launch without a technical mishap I’ll use a pineapple to scratch my balls.

Edited by MiamiViceCity1986
  • Like 3

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe