3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Complaints & Criticisms Thread

sefus

We never asked for this crap. Won't buy these remasters and neither should anyone. Rockstar gave us folks the biggest middle finger ever and we should support them for that? Hell no.

7 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

We never asked for this crap. Won't buy these remasters and neither should anyone. Rockstar gave us folks the biggest middle finger ever and we should support them for that? Hell no.

I will totally buy this Trilogy iteration. If they do something they never did with any of the Trilogy games, that is, which is to make actual, substantive improvements and changes. If the games are essentially going to look and feel exactly like the 2001, 2002, and 2004 games, then unless they are like $5 each, then I am with you. But Rockstar is an incredibly talented team of developers, and I know that if they put their minds to it, they can make something truly special with this Definitive Edition. The only question is, will they? Or will they pretty much do precisely what they always do re-releasing the Trilogy games, which is a big, fat nothing burger? Time will tell.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ChiroVette said:

I will totally buy this Trilogy iteration. If they do something they never did with any of the Trilogy games, that is, which is to make actual, substantive improvements and changes. If the games are essentially going to look and feel exactly like the 2001, 2002, and 2004 games, then unless they are like $5 each, then I am with you. But Rockstar is an incredibly talented team of developers, and I know that if they put their minds to it, they can make something truly special with this Definitive Edition. The only question is, will they? Or will they pretty much do precisely what they always do re-releasing the Trilogy games, which is a big, fat nothing burger? Time will tell.

For the kick in the balls we modders got from them I definitely won't support them anymore. Mods were the only thing that kinda kept me interested in this declining series but no, even that was forbidden. So... nope. No trilogy for me I guess. But I get your point. However I'm not that optimistic, I'm pretty sure this whole remaster deal is gonna end up pretty bad.

Hi. Reporting for duty. 

Anyway i don't expect anything more than slightly polished visuals, ppl are posting f*cking next gen graphics fan renders and expecting to look like that, they gonna be disappointed. 

I mean yeah I'm still not gonna buy it regardless of how it's gonna turn out but that doesn't mean I still can't be curious about how this will end up looking

• Like 3

beatlemnkyhuman

This marketing is genius!

Or 

they know they have nothing of worth.

I'm guessing it's the first and they're counting on ancient gamers like me to play the games we know and love so that the newbs will buy it too.

TBH if the graphics and controls are improved then simply by Vice city and San Andreas being the games we know...They are about to make A LOT of money.

I expect most reactions to be "OMG IT'S FROM THE MEME!" Then the kids will lose their godamn mind over how good the games actually are.

Then the "controversy" will start because once the games are played "cancel culture" may f*ck around and kill themselves. These games are hard, hard like reservoir dogs. These games don't play.

Then in a shocking twist..cancel culture WILL BOOST THE SALES!

I think R*star has done an incredible job with marketing and putting the wool over everyones eyes with GTA V, which was great but holy f*cking sh*t here come the gangsta 90's and coked out 80's/70s!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

There's been a glut recently.

Not an excuse. They're treating it as a whole new game except I've already played all of them and know what these 3 games are, literally the only thing that matters is how they look.

which they have refused to even hint at.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

There's a lot of mechanics within the classic GTA 3 games that are dated, including the maps.  But it'll be nice to be able to play somewhat more modern versions of them, you just have to accept they're updates of classic games. 

But updated... How? How can I get excited for something when I don't even know what they're selling me? So far they have just delisted the classic games while saying "soon(tm)", and given their recent track record that's not really a good way to get my trust back. If they wanted to really wow people and get people hyped, wouldn't it make more sense to announce it with a screenshot instead? That's all I'm saying, I'm not implying that the rerelease is gonna be good or bad I'm just questioning Rockstars weird-ass and totally backwards business decisions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beatlemnkyhuman said:

This marketing is genius!

Or 

they know they have nothing of worth.

I'm guessing it's the first and they're counting on ancient gamers like me to play the games we know and love so that the newbs will buy it too.

TBH if the graphics and controls are improved then simply by Vice city and San Andreas being the games we know...They are about to make A LOT of money.

I expect most reactions to be "OMG IT'S FROM THE MEME!" Then the kids will lose their godamn mind over how good the games actually are.

Then the "controversy" will start because once the games are played "cancel culture" may f*ck around and kill themselves. These games are hard, hard like reservoir dogs. These games don't play.

Then in a shocking twist..cancel culture WILL BOOST THE SALES!

I think R*star has done an incredible job with marketing and putting the wool over everyones eyes with GTA V, which was great but holy f*cking sh*t here come the gangsta 90's and coked out 80's/70s!

For R*, any publicity is good publicity.

• Like 2

Lemoyne outlaw

while i am curious to see what this might be like. im not as hyped as a lot of others. it seems like so many game developers do a lot of remasters and remakes. to try to cash in on peoples nostalgia. but its stupid. why not do some remasters and make new games at the same time? all rockstar has been promoting lately is a bunch of rereleased crap. gta 5 e&e and now the trilogy. they have not said one thing about a new game. and it really upsets me and puts a bad taste in my mouth. they are even neglecting their newest game red dead redemption 2. and i consider that game to be better than any of these games. sure the trilogy and gta 5 are good games. but they are so old and outdated.

No offence but the trilogy DE will most likely be a port; some things from here and there will be altered, changed and removed ("improved") resulting this slightly modded looking edition where new and old graphics clash and lose the spirit of the originals. Then this version becomes the official and only 3D trilogy R* acknowledges anymore and the real original trilogy won't be available for modern consoles for years, even decades. For future generations the DE trilogy will be known as THE original trilogy, smh...

Let's say the DE ends up being an actual remaster, well it's even worse scenario, just think about how dedicated and well thought a TRILOGY remaster can be... If they were releasing them one at a time over the years, then I could maybe believe a 3D era GTA remaster could "work", but since they're releasing all three at once, I can only picture a remaster that looks absolutely nightmarish, blasphemy. 

I can only see bad scenarios turning out. A lazy port would be the best, as less stuff would be altered, but according to rumors some songs will be cut due to licensing issue, so that scenario would suck too. Radio stations and songs are a HUGE part of any GTA, especially 3D era, so missing even one song can and will ruin the whole atmosphere. Brings almost tears my eyes to imagine the only officially available GTA SA version will not have all these songs:

I give R* a benefit of doubt. They're not even calling them remasters and you would probably like to exaggerate with the sales speech, which make me think the "modern enhancements" are actually really minimal. Sharper image and optional 60fps (with removed songs) is how I expect them to turn out, all songs and LCS & VCS included is how I hope them to turn out, and some weird inconsistently "enhanced" mess is how I fear them to turn out.

So you're saying they're running on new engine with across the board upgrades? What could possibly go wrong

• Like 3

I am cautiously optimistic. My favourite title is Vice City, so I hope it will turn out well or well enough.

However, there have been many missteps on R*'s part. The whole expanded and enhanced debacle, which might have been a slight trolling attempt. Most likely there were many other factors in play that we are not aware of. In any case, it brought about a lot of bad publicity. Secondly, the PR campaign for DE is misguided. Yes, we are talking about these games, without no real information released, and we are analyzing everything and theorizing about every little aspect. But these are not new games. And the lack of proper information, even just in text form, could very well backfire. I have mentioned before that this type of marketing worked two decades ago and on new games, but in my opinion it is not the way to go for this release. Also, the removal of original games (however broken they are out of the box on current systems) was not a good move. There are simple community made patches that make them work on new systems. Then again, they shot themselves in the foot with mod takedowns and lawsuits. So it turned out to be a no win situtation for them anyway. Next, there is the issue of music licensing. Again, previous examples of removals has left many people wondering what else will be removed and what, if any at all, will be added. And music plays a big part in these games. [example: What if there would be a re-issue of 'Reservoir Dogs' without 'Little Green Bag' or 'Stuck in the Middle with You' and there would be no way to buy the original version. Just something to think about.]

All of these things add up and make it difficult to be truly optimistic. My hype is basically only for Vice City because of my love for the original game and the 80s. And I am hoping that the final product will be enjoyable. There is also the understanding that usually R* titles are worth the wait and superior than any other competitor's release. But their recent decisions have been truly misguided. Thus, I am quite cautious. And if all the worst expectations really turn out to be true, then the image of a strong game developer who used to put out the best product possible will sadly be irreparably harmed in my view. And all that because of many unwise decisions. I have no way of knowing this for a fact at this moment, but even an announcement of next new GTA would probably leave me underwhelmed in this case.

I may be representing only a small portion of the fanbase, but this is how these things get started. Little-by-little.

But currently I am still hopeful. And hyped for Vice City.

2 hours ago, Collibosher said:

No offence but the trilogy DE will most likely be a port

Playing devil's advocate here, if this is true what would you say about the alleged system requirements that were leaked? Seems pretty steep for some "slightly modded" 20 year old games. Regardless, I am cautiously awaiting some actual screenshots.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:22 AM, alloc8or said:

Minimum requirements:

- Intel Core i5-2700K / AMD FX-6300

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB

- 8 GB RAM

- 45 GB Storage Space

- Windows 10

Recommended:

- Intel Core i7-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB

- 16 GB RAM

- 45 GB Storage Space

- Windows 10

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Well Im not bitching all the time, Im pretty interested in this.

But this time I dont preorder like always, I will wait for videos highlighting best of remaster. Videos showing differences and some missions.

I will most likely buy this game as christmas present if everything turn out great for me.

This time they dont get my money easy, because Im already having possible best way to play GTA:SA on PC and Im curious if remaster will be better.

R* its your turn!

• Like 2

Yeah f*ck pre ordering a video game ever again. First Cyberpunk 2077, and than my dumbass pre ordered Far Cr 6 (FC6 is a absolute garbage game by the way). Of course CDPR, said "f*ck it, lets let people that don't work here fix our game, and focus our effort on snorting more cocaine". You know which I don't blame them, CDPR, hell *shrugs*. 

I also am cautiously optimistic for The Trilogy DE, but in 2021, its foolish to get too hyped for any upcoming AAA game, unfortunately. However since I am not one of the modder's worth a mention that worked on any GTA game, I have no animosity toward Take-Two/Rockstar. So I am buying The Trilogy DE, and I am excited for it. Just keeping my expectations in check. 

Edited by Krugaming
  • Like 4

Lock n' Stock

Although I'm generally excited enough to see what the Definitive Edition will end up like (simply because I adore these games and want a good excuse to play through them again), let's not allow that to distract us from all the crap that Cockstar have pulled in the past year (making GTA Online a live-service POS, the mod takedowns, Expanded & Enhanced e.g). If this remastered trilogy ends up being good, I'll happily give them credit where it's due, but it's going to take a lot more than that for them to fully win back my respect.

On the other hand, DE could end up being a massive pile of sh*t. That's why I'm trying to keep my expectations at the bare minimum.

My gut feeling tells me the reveal trailer will suck donkey balls and so will the Trilogy. Dundee will then be shut down. 

But this is just my gut feeling. 

• KEKW 2
  • Bruh 1

Just now, Alan Wake said:

My gut feeling tells me the reveal trailer will suck donkey balls and so will the Trilogy. Dundee will then be shut down. 

Mate must be fun at parties :kekw: :kekw:

Francesco1991
8 minutes ago, Alan Wake said:

does anyone knows if some of these rockstar dundee guys are the same who developed gta 3 and vc? i heard somewhere some of them are old school rockstar/DMA  british developers. not sure

Edited by Francesco1991

11 minutes ago, Francesco1991 said:

does anyone knows if some of these rockstar dundee guys are the same who developed gta 3 and vc? i heard somewhere some of them are old school rockstar/DMA  british developers. not sure

Moreso GTA1, but some of them are originally from DMA. Not sure how many. But Billy Thompson the studio lead worked on GTA 1, I know that.

• Like 1

Francesco1991
17 minutes ago, iNSANE666 said:

If they are indeed the ones that worked on GTA 3 and VC, then I am sure that trilogy would be very very detailed and well made.

thats for sure. i really hope the trilogy was made by old school gta dma guys and not being developed by some young punks

What are you saying about removal of OG games?

Its good sign or bad sign, well I kinda sees it as bad sign. Even when they removed Mafia Classic from store, the game is still available when you purchase definitive edition.
But this? There is no legal way to play OG game if you not buy it before.

It looks like they did everything to destroy competition from their own garage. This doesnt make any sense for me, it doesnt make sense at all with banning mods in mind.

Knowing companies like R*/T2 they cannot deliver same feel like OG games. It will be bitter, if these remaster will be mediocre but there will be no return point.

Just now, Ondr4H said:

What are you saying about removal of OG games?

It's nonsensical. Lots of other T2 titles are up despite them being remade or remastered. Though I am not particularly affected as I own the originals, the move still doesn't make sense.

CynicalMexican

Yeah, the only non-cynical reason I can give about the delisting is that those versions will just get harder to maintain.

Windows 10 has enough problems running older games and it may be getting more difficult to maintain these games, so you might as well remove them.

Of course, that's speculation. 

Cutter De Blanc

They taking the old ones off because they'd prefer you pay sixty dollars for all three instead of like 10 dollars for each of them individually. Makes sense from an unethical business standpoint, remove the cheap ones, only offer the expensive ones, and call the expensive ones the "definitive edition".

I know my ass isn't gonna be running around to Gamestop trying to secure a used copy of these dinosaur games just for posterity's sake

Really I don't get how people are gonna blast them for rereleasing an 8 year old game and then hail them as some sort of geniuses for rereleasing these 20 year old games. It's baffling, like has everybody lost their perspective?

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

They taking the old ones off because they'd prefer you pay sixty dollars for all three instead of like 10 dollars for each of them individually. Makes sense from an unethical business standpoint, remove the cheap ones, only offer the expensive ones, and call the expensive ones the "definitive edition".

I know my ass isn't gonna be running around to Gamestop trying to secure a used copy of these dinosaur games just for posterity's sake

Really I don't get how people are gonna blast them for rereleasing an 8 year old game and then hail them as some sort of geniuses for rereleasing these 20 year old games. It's baffling, like has everybody lost their perspective?

Releasing it in a newer engine Unreal Engine, so why not...

I guess you haven't played the original release of GTA III, i did and i want to play that again, with better graphics.

I only played it on my smartphone a few times, same goes for san andreas, that doesn't count, because the controls, graphics and all other things suck on smartphones.

I played the 3D titles all on PS2 and i miss that time, games were just finished etc. no DLC no nothing, games were games.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Best Bru 1

CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I understand this POV but I think there's a decent chance that the games coming up will receive a very significant overhaul that's enough to make it distinct from the original titles.

There's likely to be a lot more change with this Definitive Edition than with Rehashed and Overdone.

Of course, I think if we still have very PS2 graphics there's gonna be a massive riot.

25 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Releasing it in a newer engine Unreal Engine, so why not...

I guess you haven't played the original release of GTA III, i did and i want to play that again, with better graphics.

I only played it on my smartphone a few times, same goes for san andreas, that doesn't count, because the controls, graphics and all other things suck on smartphones.

I played the 3D titles all on PS2 and i miss that time, games were just finished etc. no DLC no nothing, games were games.

Same .

These games are really old and have a lot of compatibility/legacy issues and lack in a lot of areas compared to the newer games.

Ive always wanted to see these games receive a redux. For me it's a dream. But to each their own.

The announcement had a very distinct "don´t get too ecited vibe".

Get ready for that classic look and feel you guys. 

So look: Roblox

Feel: also Roblox

• Like 2