3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition B*tch & Moan Thread

sefus

What if it's just the Wardrum remaster with slightly improved graphics and raytracing with no gameplay improvements. 

MiamiViceCity1986

Then we riot.

But seriously I feel like there will be some gameplay improvements. Even that horrible mobile port of San Andreas released in 2014 had some slight improvements like having checkpoints in missions which was welcomed.

In saying that I'm not expecting anything too drastic. People who are expecting new features to be added (ala side missions) are setting themselves up for massive disappointment though IMO.

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

1 hour ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

Then we riot.

But seriously I feel like there will be some gameplay improvements. Even that horrible mobile port of San Andreas released in 2014 had some slight improvements like having checkpoints in missions which was welcomed.

In saying that I'm not expecting anything too drastic. People who are expecting new features to be added (ala side missions) are setting themselves up for massive disappointment though IMO.

GTA Trilogy Release: An HD skin pack or hardware change with no real improvements to the core games.

3D GTA Modders: Fine, I'll do it myself.

• Like 2

CynicalMexican
3 hours ago, sefus said:

What if it's just the Wardrum remaster with slightly improved graphics and raytracing with no gameplay improvements. 

252956_1

• KEKW 2
  • Bruh 1

CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, sabitsuki said:

You guys are way too optimistic about this.

Hence the photo describing the feeling of being kicked in the nuts.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

4 hours ago, sabitsuki said:

You guys are way too optimistic about this.

This thread is bordering on suicidal, I guess that's optimism in 2021. 

Who is expecting gameplay improvements? They never said anything about this. 

They specifically mentioned graphical improvements, so this is certainly what we are expecting. I am hopeful there's ragdoll physics and not the static animations so hitting people with a car is more fluid and feels exactly like it does in real life when I do it. 

I believe there will be some slight gameplay improvements but nothing too drastic, and maybe we could say the same about the graphics.

They won't transform the 3D games into PS4/PS5 games that's for sure.

"Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will feature across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals." - Rockstar Games

Edited by Dick Justice
  • Like 3

MiamiViceCity1986

When they say "gameplay enhancements" I feel like that means things like autosave, checkpoints etc, but part of me really hopes it dives much deeper. I'm talking about things like being able to jump out of moving cars in GTA III, being able to climb over walls in GTA III and Vice City, dropping in San Andreas' melee in GTA III and Vice City, a full rotational camera in vehicles etc. Basically anything San Andreas improved on back in the day.

As much as I love GTA III and Vice City I feel like of the three they desperately need to be freshened up mechanically and there's no reason that I can see anyway they can't/couldn't use some of San Andreas' gameplay improvements without resorting to creating something entirely new. Which probably wont happen anyway, but still.

Edited by MiamiViceCity1986
  • Like 2

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

6 hours ago, Dick Justice said:

It's almost like you forgot they advertised an expanded and enhanced gta5 that looks the exact f*cking same

• Like 1

I'm going to be very pissed off and disappointed, taking down og trilogy and entire mods with years of work behind only for a versions with a few improvements? hell no

Edited by Killerman29
  • Like 2

Rockstar are a triple-A company.

Which is why just like every other one nowadays I don't waste time with optimism, I prefer expecting the bare minimum so that I either get proved right or I am pleasantly wrong upon release.

What if...

The remaster would be glitched as f*ck?

Edited by Flipswix
  • Bruh 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

This is a bit far, but I want the uncompressed audio for this version or at least noticeably higher quality audio.

It's probably not going to happen, but one can dream.

• Like 1

illicitstreet

I have 0 expectations

if Rockstar f*cks up then I'll be prepared

if they don't then it'll be a very nice surprise

I don't mind playing the trilogy as they originally were in terms of controls, gameplay and content but if the Definitive Edition is literally just the same trilogy but on Unreal Engine with prettier graphics and achievements, I think I'll just stick to the original version of the trilogy that I own on Steam.

I hope existing owners get the remasters for free like Bioshock 1&2 and Mafia 2, and how Bethesda provided enhanced versions of Doom and Quake for existing owners for free while letting new owners still have access to the old versions, but I highly doubt Rockstar would do something nice like that.
They rather replace them instead of allowing options for consumers as they've delisted the original versions off several stores so it's clear that Rockstar wants everyone to only play the Definitive Edition once it comes out but not without making us pay for the same games again and I'm sure they're making the trilogy available exclusively on Rockstar Games Launcher on PC just so they can have the entire revenue of each purchase, but I rather not spend full price on the same games I bought before just for some graphical enhancements when I could just mod the original trilogy with free texture mods.

Edited by Duckilous
Missing capitalisation.
  • Like 4

Maybe they add stuff from San Andreas to GTA III and VC, like car tuning or something who knows. It wouldn't break the game adding some things, maybe the Dodo in GTA III can even fly then, not just glide a few meters.

Edited by Mexicola9302

I expect nothing but literally the graphics and control updates, plus alienating the classic fanbase with whatever they mean by their appeals to a modern audience.

I'll be shocked if they pulled off something meaningful like restoring unused dialogue or legitimately fixing mistakes in the code.

• Like 3

On 10/14/2021 at 2:13 AM, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

When they say "gameplay enhancements" I feel like that means things like autosave, checkpoints etc, but part of me really hopes it dives much deeper. I'm talking about things like being able to jump out of moving cars in GTA III, being able to climb over walls in GTA III and Vice City, dropping in San Andreas' melee in GTA III and Vice City, a full rotational camera in vehicles etc. Basically anything San Andreas improved on back in the day.

As much as I love GTA III and Vice City I feel like of the three they desperately need to be freshened up mechanically and there's no reason that I can see anyway they can't/couldn't use some of San Andreas' gameplay improvements without resorting to creating something entirely new. Which probably wont happen anyway, but still.

Or to be able to flip the car back over!!!

They could put some unreachable scenery in the background, especially in San Andreas so it don't look it's all just islands.

• Like 2

I expect nothing more than a cash grab. 4K textures and modern controls.

If they were remade from the ground up like the OG Mafia game then I'd be all over it.

• Like 2

L8m1zfV.png

Valiant ENT CEO

"Then it would be fine cause these games are great anyway"

They are improving on classics. And I'm happier than a pig in sh*t to be getting away from GTA5!!!!!

On 10/13/2021 at 1:46 AM, sefus said:

rockstar already shot themselfes on the leg by releasing that gta v enhacned edition trailer and call it a day if they decide to f*ck the classic games too that way its like a shot to the head this time 

• Like 1

I'll be slightly mad for a day.

Then move on with the rest of the week.

Edited by lol232