4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy: The Definitive Edition Officially Announced - Coming Soon

Spider-Vice

Poll!  

1,175 members have voted

1. 1. Which game in The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition are you going to play FIRST?

• GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
  2. 2. Which game in The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition are you most looking forward to playing?

• GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
  3. 3. What platform(s) will you play on?

• Playstation
    • Xbox
    • Nintendo Switch
    • PC
    • Mobile

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, evelpod666 said:

The developers'  twitter accounts seem to be very excited about this re re re release so its probably much more than a re re re release

Probably because they no longer have to be afraid of being kidnapped and tortured by R* for leaking the Trilogy Remaster to the GTA MODS and ADMINS a year early.

Edited by evelpod666
  • excuseme 2

7 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

ITT, clearly, a large percentage of people have never been through past R* marketing periods. If you're complaining about not having info after barely two weeks, I have some baaaaaaad BAAAD news for you for future main projects like GTA VI. :prismkek:

I chuckle whenever someone says: "announce GTAVI, all we need is a logo!" Like, do they realise they are asking for a a logo and an excruciating two-year information drought? 

Just now, Starbeth said:

everyone asks what if friday comes, but no one is ask what if friday doesnt comes :harrumph:

That doesn't sound good. :jkek:

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Just now, Starbeth said:

everyone asks what if friday comes, but no one is ask what if friday doesnt comes :harrumph:

giphy.gif

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 2

3 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

It's been literally a week... They don't need to be showering info in your face constantly yet exactly because it's a remaster, lol.

But they should BECAUSE it's a remaster. What am I waiting for? What should I get excited about? Why exactly should I choose these versions over my modded steam versions? These are questions that are usually answered with most re release announcements. I also can't help but feel like letting the fanbase twist generic PR jargon into their own meaning would create more confusion, and inevitably, disappointment for some people.

1 minute ago, zanesix said:

I mean, I have. I remember reading gta4.net back when it was basically just a plain text page with some rumors on it. What I'm saying is re-releases should be treated differently, and they usually are, even by R* themselves.

We have all been there with the frustration over vague Newswire posts, but in fairness, this is different for R* and I'm curious if we could see similar short marketing periods for future mainline titles as well. The fact that it leaked doesn't really much to mainstream gamers, intentional or not, it didn't exist officially before 8th October. We can question why we haven't seen it until we're blue in the face, but this wait has definitely been "kinder" than the past.

fib_ufo_small.png

Aristotel2003

I am the only thinking that R* is pissed at us for leaking so much already to the point they said 'Ya know what? You don't get any GTA footage until I say so' 

2 minutes ago, Dick Justice said:

I chuckle whenever someone says: "announce GTAVI, all we need is a logo!" Like, do they realise they are asking for a a logo and an excruciating two-year information drought? 

Exactly. At first they'll think: "YESSS FINALLY WE GOT CONFIRMATION THAT YOU'RE DEVELOPING GTA 6 (even though even a person with room temperature IQ would know that the franchise that has the most profitable piece of entertainment of all time would get another installment)" and then they'll go back to spamming "gta6" under every rockstar tweet like :adminkek:

• Like 3

palmtreegoblin
Just now, zanesix said:

But they should BECAUSE it's a remaster. What am I waiting for? What should I get excited about? Why exactly should I choose these versions over my modded steam versions? These are questions that are usually answered with most re release announcements. I also can't help but feel like letting the fanbase twist generic PR jargon into their own meaning would create more confusion, and inevitably, disappointment for some people.

Man, it's a damn shame we're not going to get any new information in just a little over 24 hours.

Spoiler

/s

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

1 minute ago, David0147 said:

Exactly. At first they'll think: "YESSS FINALLY WE GOT CONFIRMATION THAT YOU'RE DEVELOPING GTA 6 (even though even a person with room temperature IQ would know that the franchise that has the most profitable piece of entertainment of all time would get another installment)" and then they'll go back to spamming "gta6" under every rockstar tweet like :adminkek:

I mean, people during GTA V's marketing period still spammed their Newswire/Youtube/Twitter (less because it wasn't as big as it is today) with either GTA V info or "Max Gayne" because of its marketing period being on top of GTA V's so yeah.

• Like 2

palmtreegoblin
Just now, Spider-Vice said:

I mean, people during GTA V's marketing period still spammed their Newswire/Youtube/Twitter (less because it wasn't as big as it is today) with either GTA V info or "Max Gayne" because of its marketing period being on top of GTA V's so yeah.

Oh, man, don't remind me. That period was awful. And everyone was consistently sh*tting on Max Payne 3 for being such a departure from the first two. We can't forget about Zee's introduction of "Cockstar" either.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

Dunno, if it releases the 2nd week of November (hypothetically) there's still time to put some screenshots, trailers and preorders in our faces. 2 full weeks. Regardless, I do think it's by Friday, don't see them missing the anniversary for that opportunity, given they put all the info on the servers last Friday, and what better day than GTA3's anniversary to perhaps even show a 20th anniversary trailer using the DE.

petitioning that devs should contantly keep a stream 24/7 of their lives at the office so that people can get their info at any point and stop asking for focused articles highlighting the most important parts of development and have them spoil the entire game for us in their meetings.

BananaSpud666

They are really doing it? Good, don't f**k it up Rockstar

(In before they send it to a terrible studio similar to Wardrum Studios)

Edited by BananaSpud666

16 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

ITT, clearly, a large percentage of people have never been through past R* marketing periods. If you're complaining about not having info after barely two weeks, I have some baaaaaaad BAAAD news for you for future main projects like GTA VI. :prismkek: For GTA V, we were several months without info after R* said we'd have info in a "few weeks", and we waited 8 months from announcement to first screenshots too. GTA IV? 9 months without anything but an E3 tattoo. There's good reasons for that though. Things change a lot in game development, best to show something that will be in the game and is relatively "finished".

If this releases next month, it'll be their tightest marketing period ever, maybe only after RDR2 on PC, and people are already screaming about no screenshots when R* likes to tease things "slowly". Everything will start pouring in sooner rather than later. ;)

No offense, maybe I've just had a long day but I think you might be missing the point of my and others' posts here. We're not demanding info for GTA VI or RDR3 or something like that, we just want to see some snippets of these supposed "Remasters" what make you, of 20 year old games that R* went out of their way to delist the originals of and then right back into the bushes. I don't think we're asking too much for that at all honestly, it's not like these games are new and secret projects they're working, they're just ports essentially and we're taking their Newswire word for it without visual confirmation. And as long as there continues to be silence, there will be a lot of confusion, misinformation and if Friday comes and goes with nothing, a lot of messy outrage. Just my take though, you're entitled to your opinion and I agree with most of it. But the examples you described were triple A unreleased games R* was working on, and still are, not remastering 20 year old games we've all played a million times as a kid.

2 minutes ago, palmtreegoblin said:

Oh, man, don't remind me. That period was awful. And everyone was consistently sh*tting on Max Payne 3 for being such a departure from the first two. We can't forget about Zee's introduction of "Cockstar" either.

I like Max Payne 3 :/

Controversial maybe but I love it more than MP2. Okay that's all I'll say.

LarcenousUrsine
8 minutes ago, Aristotel2003 said:

I am the only thinking that R* is pissed at us for leaking so much already to the point they said 'Ya know what? You don't get any GTA footage until I say so' 

It's a bunch of miscellaneous sh*t and text stuff - no way they're this fragile, lol. They survived the RDR2 map leaks and Online updates' contents shown off on YT months in advance in-game, they can survive this too.

3 minutes ago, David0147 said:

petitioning that devs should contantly keep a stream 24/7 of their lives at the office so that people can get their info at any point and stop asking for focused articles highlighting the most important parts of development and have them spoil the entire game for us in their meetings.

This but unironically.

Billions of man-hours sifted through just so we can hear a rockstar developer fart really loud in a YT compilation vid.

Edited by LarcenousUrsine
  • excuseme 1
  • KEKW 1

7 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

The fact that it leaked doesn't really much to mainstream gamers

That's a good point. The biggest fans are usually the most vocal. But for the casual gamer all this doesn't really mean much.

BananaSpud666
Just now, David0147 said:

Hey You! You're Finally Awake.: SkyrimMemes

Yeah, I know. I was in an Imperial Ambush

• KEKW 2

8 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Dunno, if it releases the 2nd week of November (hypothetically) there's still time to put some screenshots, trailers and preorders in our faces. 2 full weeks. Regardless, I do think it's by Friday, don't see them missing the anniversary for that opportunity, given they put all the info on the servers last Friday, and what better day than GTA3's anniversary to perhaps even show a 20th anniversary trailer using the DE.

Any in game screenshots of GTA 3 DE would satisfy me this Friday. If they shared 2 or 3 in game screenshots of just GTA 3 id be content with that. If they just post a full on gameplay trailer of the entire The Trilogy DE, followed by a firm release date within 2021, AND announce physical versions that we can pre order, I will be very happy.

@FWhyKay I liked Max Payne 3 more than 2, but liked the first one more than all of them (mostly for nostalgia reasons)

Edited by Krugaming

7 minutes ago, zanesix said:

as said previously, if nothing comes on friday the meltdown will be hilarious

I'm pretty excited to see it in action, but if you have a genuine melty if no information is announced on Friday, you need to spend this weekend outside getting some air.

fib_ufo_small.png

1 minute ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

Just got an invite to order a PS5 from Sony tomorrow, I'm officially ready!!!

F to all the folks still looking for consoles while you get... an invite :kekw: 

someone guess rockstar twitter password and check the programmed tweets, maybe we see something

a good try would be sam houser birthday

• KEKW 3

Aristotel2003
3 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

I'm pretty excited to see it in action, but if you have a genuine melty if no information is announced on Friday, you need to spend this weekend outside getting some air.

Just imagine like 1k people doing a Riot if we don't get anything this friday. 

3 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

Yeah, out of everyone here I'm the one that needs to get some air, sure

1 minute ago, FWhyKay said:

we just want to see some snippets of these supposed "Remasters" what make you, of 20 year old games that R* went out of their way to delist the originals of and then right back into the bushes.

When GTA3's 20th anniversary was just 2 weeks away from the initial announcement I think the writing was on the wall tbh. If 14 days is too much for you then I'm afraid Rockstar is the worst company for you to follow.

If they don't reveal any new new info on 22nd Oct then I'd see a valid reason for the discontent.

• Like 2