1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy: The Definitive Edition Officially Announced - Coming Soon

Spider-Vice

Poll!  

1,175 members have voted

1. 1. Which game in The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition are you going to play FIRST?

• GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
  2. 2. Which game in The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition are you most looking forward to playing?

• GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
  3. 3. What platform(s) will you play on?

• Playstation
    • Xbox
    • Nintendo Switch
    • PC
    • Mobile

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Kris194 said:

GTA IV has high quality textures on PC. It's insane how good it looks after 13 years. It was way, way ahead of its time.

I can't get into GTA V after playing this, V is also good but IV is much better.

Tom Henderson said that Trilogy is releasing on November 11th so a trailer next friday wouldnt be a reach 

• excuseme 2

The_Ghost

Lol People should probably go back to talking about the Trilogy before this "GTAIV is good" thing takes a wild turn into a dumpster fire.

Edited by The_Ghost
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Saad31 said:

I can't get into GTA V after playing this, V is also good but IV is much better.

GTA IV is way better than GTA V in some aspects, and its way ahead of its time. 

I still remember the first time picking it up, had a blast, loved every second of the story

13 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Whenever I think about GTA IV website I can "hear" this, it's simply stuck in my memory

Wow, the skyline along with the music, it's so depressing in a way haha. Was the site like this instantly after the first trailer?

I can only imagine how it's gonna be for VI... Exciting times ahead.

• Like 2

TimMiller

Honestly the GTA 4 trailer blew my mind back then. The graphics looked so real, i couldn't believe my eyes. I was 14 at the time so maybe my standards were too low, but i don't get how so many found the trailer disappointing. It was a huge step forwards compared to the cartoony 3D era GTA Games.

The_Ghost
6 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

They could be keeping announcements to Fridays tbh, the actual anniversary next week also falls on a Friday...

I think that's what they're doing for this one, it's rare for them to drop two posts a day, they'll have to put up one for GTAOnline's event week, so the chances of another post are very slim.

• Like 2

Spider-Vice
Just now, TimMiller said:

Honestly the GTA 4 trailer blew my mind back then. The graphics looked so real, i couldn't believe my eyes. I was 14 at the time so maybe my standards were too low, but i don't get how so many found the trailer disappointing. It was a huge step forwards compared to the cartoony 3D era GTA Games.

Just your typical stuff with the community, there's always people who find even the best looking thing disappointing because it's not what they wanted. :p It's never ever changed.

4 minutes ago, Orthur said:

Wow, the skyline along with the music, it's so depressing in a way haha. Was the site like this instantly after the first trailer?

Yup, I loved that website so much, I even had my speakers on every time I visited it. As for VI... I hope they go all-out with a teaser, but knowing R* it's probably gonna be a "6" on Twitter. :kekw: 

Consulexe
17 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Whenever I think about GTA IV website I can "hear" this, it's simply stuck in my memory

That brings so many memories of wishing to play the game on PC. I even remember waiting for the countdown for the first trailer. After it was released on PC however, I had this laptop where its specs were the minimum requirements of the game. The game mostly didn't even load the textures and I remember opening threads on this forum (in my old account, don't remember the user name) and trying stuff in commandline.txt so that the game would run as good as possible. Such good times, but sadness over the fact that the game wouldn't run as I wanted it to.

8 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

GTA IV has high quality textures on PC. It's insane how good it looks after 13 years. It was way, way ahead of its time.

There are places that let it down, luckily I've been doing a one man job remastering the textures for things like the vehicles, spec maps, menu stuff. All available for free in the modding section! (Total self advertising)

The_Ghost
Just now, Spider-Vice said:

Yup, I loved that website so much, I even had my speakers on every time I visited it. As for VI... I hope they go all-out with a teaser, but knowing R* it's probably gonna be a "6" on Twitter. :kekw: 

I really want it to be one single post with "#GTAVI when?"

Or they should just reply to one of those annoying weirdos who type "GTA6" as a comment on their stuff with a link to the reveal trailer.

1 minute ago, Consulexe said:

That brings so many memories of wishing to play the game on PC. I even remember waiting for the countdown for the first trailer. After it was released on PC however, I had this laptop where its specs were the minimum requirements of the game. The game mostly didn't even load the textures and I remember opening threads on this forum (in my old account, don't remember the user name) and trying stuff in commandline.txt so that the game would run as good as possible. Such good times, but sadness over the fact that the game wouldn't run as I wanted it to.

Same, back when the game released i had a old laptop that barely ran the game, the textures were missing, frame drops everywhere, it was unplayable lol 

Had to buy a whole new laptop in order to play the game, it was worth it tho

• Like 2

SickteddyPT
11 minutes ago, leon505 said:

Who's ready for the excitement/disappointment at 3/4pm UK Time as usual?

its-almost-time-are-you-ready.jpg

VideoTech
1 minute ago, Ash_735 said:

There are places that let it down, luckily I've been doing a one man job remastering the textures for things like the vehicles, spec maps, menu stuff. All available for free in the modding section! (Total self advertising)

I don’t think you get enough recognition for your work in the Rockstar community. You're doing gods work for keeping these games alive and fresh much as possible. I appreciate what you do everyone, true community hero. 

20 hours ago, VideoTech said:

It's crazy how alive SA still is on PC.

GhzomdE.png

Thanks to modding community!

1 minute ago, SickteddyPT said:

its-almost-time-are-you-ready.jpg

Ready for a disappointment :kekw:

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

zmudziak32

Today will be GTAO news. Something related for Trilogy will be out tomorrow and 22nd we will get realease date or gameplay trailer.

Edited by zmudziak32
  • Like 2

Spider-Vice
1 minute ago, zmudziak32 said:

Today will be GTAO news. Something related for Trilogy will be out tomorrow and 22nd we will get realease date or gameplay trailer.

Inclined to agree, they might be sticking to Fridays. I suppose we might be getting a trailer before preorders/screenshots? Seems to be what they usually do.

Dudu RDRII

It's amazing how GTA San Andreas weight system is miles better than the broken weight system from RDR2, it's so easy to manage CJ's body shape in any way I want to, while my Arthur is mostly always with the lowest possible weight.

VideoTech

Inclined to agree, they might be sticking to Fridays. I suppose we might be getting a trailer before preorders/screenshots? Seems to be what they usually do.

I'd say tomorrow for sure. Today seems quite unlikely but hey, anything is possible with Rockstar. 

The_Ghost

Interestinly enough, the log-in reward for GTAOnline is this...

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

3 hours ago, Orthur said:

For VI they should post picture like this along with trailer to show how happy they are to finally be able to show it to the world.  8 years and counting, good lord. I can't even imagine thinking about something for so long, let alone working on it.

iStock-1163542789-945x630.jpg

Edited by Kris194
  • YEE 3

5 minutes ago, zmudziak32 said:

Lets hope so

Spider-Vice
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Interestinly enough, the log-in reward for GTAOnline is this...

Yeah I think that's probably in advance of next week's anniversary content, must be when we're getting the prison outfit, Wasted shirt, Rampage shirt, etc.

1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

Yeah I think that's probably in advance of next week's anniversary content, must be when we're getting the prison outfit, Wasted shirt, Rampage shirt, etc.

Prison outfit, need it :jkek:

The_Ghost

I am starting to think even tomorrow might not be of any significance, they'll probably put up those login rewards for Thursday next week and then announce whatever they wanna announce on Friday.

I've never played GTA 3. I started with GTA Vice City, then GTA SA and so on and that was during the days when the internet wasn't fast enough. So I played pirated copies that had no cut scene audio (compressed downloads). So never really focus on VC and SA stories. So this is a great opportunity for guys like me to visit these games again and enjoy the story which is the best part of GTA games, and I am really excited!

• Best Bru 2
  • Bruh 1

MiamiViceCity1986

Something that’s been bothering me, but when I eventually get to play the trilogy if every time I fire up GTA III, Vice City or San Andrea if it’s like GTA V and you get those annoying GTAO promos at the loading screen I’m going to flip my sh*t.

GTAO stay the f*ck away.

Edited by MiamiViceCity1986

Ive never played GTA 3s story so the Trilogy is a great oportunity to play it

2 minutes ago, MiamiViceCity1986 said:

Something that’s been bothering me, but when I eventually get to play the trilogy if every time I fire up GTA III, Vice  City or San Andreas it’s like GTA V and you get those annoying GTAO promos at the loading screen I’m going to flip my sh*t.

GTAO stat the f*ck away.

LOL I hope they don't do this sh*t.

• Like 2