1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy: The Definitive Edition Officially Announced - Coming Soon

Spider-Vice

Poll!  

1,175 members have voted

1. 1. Which game in The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition are you going to play FIRST?

• GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
  2. 2. Which game in The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition are you most looking forward to playing?

• GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
  3. 3. What platform(s) will you play on?

• Playstation
    • Xbox
    • Nintendo Switch
    • PC
    • Mobile

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, ArthurZussman said:

35 - Am Walkin' Here

Die from being run over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c412hqucHKw&t=18s

CynicalMexican
11 minutes ago, BlackScout said:
I'm not sure what's up with being so negative about the smallest of things. 
I understand that some of you are very upset about what Rockstar has done to the modding community and everything else. 
But, for real, I get the impression that some of you are just looking for something slightly negative to say: 
"See? I warned you. Rockstar is doing a poor job." Either because it massages a sweet spot in your brain that confirms your belief that these re-releases are "going to suck" or something else. I'm not quite sure. In any case...

Is it for the validation? Is it frustration? What is it? I'd really like to understand how this works. It's also weird because at the same time that there's this nitpicking the same people come to this thread, everyday. There is clear interest in the game and the trilogy but then... "Oh, you see those achievements? They suck. I knew it. Rockstar is full of crap and it's going to look like the N64 port." 
I'm being hyperbolic but you can see what I mean.

I think it's very unhealthy to live life this way, for real.

It's because of two things IMO:

1. The fallout from the craptastic E&E Reveal which basically was the same game from 2013 with very minimal improvements and a crappy trailer with borderline insulting marketing.

2. The Saints Row reveal which was crappy in a different way; a once beloved franchise now unrecognizable. 

All of that, and the fallout from the mod takedowns, have resulted in a very negative community. FFS, fake garbage was upvoted on Reddit and picked up by a few low tier sites because it conformed to the "Rockstar sucks now!!! Worse than EA!!!" narrative.

Listen, I sh*t on R* a lot. I criticize GTA V all the time. But even my cynical ass isn't so quick enough to call these remakesters a dud on arrival. Especially given that Rockstar's reputation is really on the line here.

6 minutes ago, zanesix said:

I kinda wonder what this achievement really means. Is it just cycle through them once or is it listen to all of them all the way through? Because if it's the former it's the easiest achievement ever, you could get it literally right after the first cutscene.

See if it actually is the former I'd laugh, cycling through sh*t that'll take about 3 seconds isn't an achievement lmao.

28 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

It's probably a launch argument, kinda like you can start into GTA Online directly on Steam.

And the regular non-Steam version, which has the "GTA Online" shortcut with -straightIntoFreemode for launching the game into GTA Online.

• Like 1

10 - Who Needs Directions?
     Find Mike Toreno without any of the referenced locations during "Mike Toreno".

Oh, nice that they acknowledged it. It's also a strat used in GTA SA speedrunning to skip the long drive through Dohery and the Docks. I always thought it was a glich that you could just skip half of the mission :D.

Just now, Demysted said:

And the regular non-Steam version, which has the "GTA Online" shortcut with -straightIntoFreemode for launching the game into GTA Online.

Ah, nice, didn't know the Launcher version had a shortcut too, then yeah, even better.

1 minute ago, Lexiture said:

EpHAEq5W4AEq9IO.png

Seriously. I just skimmed through the last couple pages to see what the fuzz is all about. It turns out, there are just a few people who aren't as excited as them and just have low expectations. 

Just now, Gravarty said:

Oh, nice that they acknowledged it. It's also a strat used in GTA SA speedrunning to skip the long drive through Dohery and the Docks. I always thought it was a glich that you could just skip half of the mission :D.

Oh yeah! I was confused at first as to what that meant but that makes sense. Because you can just go straight to the airport without going to any of the intermediate locations. Fun to see that acknowledged.

Red Dead Rebel
1 minute ago, CynicalMexican said:

Especially given that Rockstar's reputation is really on the line here.

Lol as if that's a thing in gaming communities. No one gives a sh*t about reputation. People will always fall for marketing regardless. Now watch people get hyped for CDPR's next game. 

Oh man, with all the details in the last dozen-or-so pages, I'm super hyped again! Everything's being dumped right onto Rockstar servers and the Rockstar Games Launcher. I'm feeling some new info and/or footage tomorrow or Friday.

For people saying that expectations were high and that they were disappointed... 

What did you expect Gta Vi?

Why can't we have the exact same game, remade from the ground up with new fresh HD assets and a new friendlier control schemes?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gravarty said:

While looking at the new GTA 3 achievements, some are also based on acknowledgements made to some youtube strats:

8 - Got This Figured Out - Use a coach to pick up all 8 prostitutes in the mission "The Fuzz Ball".

43 - Fare Game - Pick up Curly Bob in a Taxi during "Cutting the Grass"

5 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Listen, I sh*t on R* a lot. I criticize GTA V all the time

and... I don't get why? I mean yeah, GTAO isn't for everyone but at the same time, if it was "sh*t" it wouldn't have been this popular, and at the same time you can't blame rockstar either because it's making money. People (especially here and on reddit) often forget that game companies are still *businesses* and therefore they only want profit margins at the end of the day.

Other than that, imo all of their games have been great, especially GTA V sp and RDR2

8 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Especially given that Rockstar's reputation is really on the line here.

Rockstar's reputation is pitch perfect among overwhelming majority of people in the community. If you think otherwise you're sorely mistaken.

• Like 4

Alex Von Bronx
Just now, Zapper said:

Rockstar's reputation is pitch perfect among overwhelming majority of people in the community. If you think otherwise you're sorely mistaken.

Doesn't feel like it when reading literally every comment section ever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

Why can't we have the exact same game, remade from the ground up with new fresh HD assets and a new friendlier control schemes?

Because we had that with Mods and they went nuclear on the modding community and literally want us dead. IF we're back to expecting the same games just with spruced up graphics, then we already had that. People want something a little more for the abuse the community got. 

ArthurZussman

The achievements are cool, it's gonna be nice to platinum the three games, also they removed or changed some old achievements that were pretty bad, so that's good too

5 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

Lol as if that's a thing in gaming communities. No one gives a sh*t about reputation. People will always fall for marketing regardless. Now watch people get hyped for CDPR's next game. 

Yeah you know, several years ago I might have agreed with him to some extent but the latest trends show that, maybe with CP2077 being the exception, no matter how awful a game is, or how good as well, reputation isn't much of a thing to be reckoned with anymore because people will buy X product regardless of their views on the company and the game. So...I don't think that's a great thing but that's the world we live in so not much we can do anyway.

The Shakermaker

I'm in two minds about motorbikes in GTA 3. On one hand leaving them out keeps the original feeling and on the other hand it can't be hard to add them in and it'll make it more immersive and I'm all for immersion. 

I, myself have not played the versions with achievements, but I figured that the easiest 'new' thing would be to add them. There seem to be a bunch of new ones, but as I've said people are by default so disappointed and tired of the old-school marketing approach that even with new added content (that is not truly added content) they don't really think it is enough. The issue is that this info was found out from unreleased game files not from an official report.

My personal prediction is that the overall response to the release will not be too positive because of the too secretive PR campaign. At the moment I really do not know how this disappointment among the majority of the fans could be turned around.

Again, I hope it somehow could be. I am hopeful that Vice City will be at least satisfactory.

Let's be honest here, a screenshot/trailer is going to make or break this release.

3 minutes ago, Alex Von Bronx said:

Doesn't feel like it when reading literally every comment section ever. 

Yeah, a few thousand comments vs 100+ million sales on GTA V alone, yup. Reputation on the line here fr

Thomas Cavendish
2 minutes ago, RDR2PCplease said:

I don't get why?

Seriously? Re-releasing the same title 4th time in 8 years with no proper working rearview mirror in 2022?
You think Rockstar cannot be criticized? just because business and companies want profit they don't deserve to be criticized?

"IT'S GONNA BE THE SAME" VS "THEY GONNA LOOKS LIKE ALMOST AS REMAKES"

FIGHT NIGHT

EVERYDAY - LIVE IN GTA TRILOGY: DE SPECULATION THREAD

BUY TICKETS ON www.GTANet.com

DOORS OPEN AT 9PM | ENTER: KEKW | GTAFORUMS

:adminkek: