1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Trilogy: The Definitive Edition Officially Announced - Coming Soon

Spider-Vice

Poll!  

1,175 members have voted

1. 1. Which game in The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition are you going to play FIRST?

• GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
  2. 2. Which game in The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition are you most looking forward to playing?

• GTA III
    • GTA VC
    • GTA SA
  3. 3. What platform(s) will you play on?

• Playstation
    • Xbox
    • Nintendo Switch
    • PC
    • Mobile

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, SoulStorm64 said:

Whats with all the retweets tonight rockstar?? 👁️👁️

7 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

For anyone that has seen this full scene, you'll know what comes next, after he goes around her....

Another old lady blocking the stairs. The eternal struggle.

1 minute ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

The trilogy for all ports is 39.99

10-20 is all i would pay, but your optimism is commendable.

2 hours ago, ACR said:

This video is describing realistic expectations and i don't think a lot of you will agree or like it. Certainly if that's all there is to it, then it's not worth to shell full price for these old games even if they come in a package:

This is almost a definition of a remakster wich i expect, Will be the Best outcome, i don't want a modded looking Game with Ray tracing and all that crap.

Spider-Vice
8 minutes ago, SoulStorm64 said:

Whats with all the retweets tonight rockstar?? 👁️👁️

It is kinda weird, I think they usually do their community snap retweets on Mondays/Wednesdays (and Fridays?) but it was today instead. Hmm. :yee:

Edit: Granted, it could've been because of the NYC holiday yesterday.

Edited by Spider-Vice

ROCKSTAR MANIC
6 minutes ago, ACR said:

10-20 is all i would pay, but your optimism is commendable.

Not optimism, but facts muggle. On average price remasters based on SRTTR, Mafia 1 definitive edition range  around that price range. Also to add crash and a few others.

2 minutes ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

Not optimism, but facts muggle. On average price remasters based on SRTTR, Mafia 1 definitive edition range  around that price range. Also to add crash and a few others.

Dont forget la noire remastered,also 39.99.

3 minutes ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

f f

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ROCKSTAR MANIC said:

T2 greed, IDGAF attitude 

Facts

Would pick one, nothing surprise me when it comes to R* and would totally expect price of a whole new game for DE or even more.

Edited by ACR
T2 instead of R*

DJ-Jelly-Doughnut
2 minutes ago, hulkie said:

Dont forget la noire remastered,also 39.99.

f f

Don't remind Rockstar they're selling a single remastered game for $39.99. 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, ACR said:

R* greed, IDGAF attitude 

Facts

Would pick one, nothing surprise me when it comes to R* and would totally expect price of a whole new game for DE or even more.

1 minute ago, ACR said:

R* greed, IDGAF attitude 

Facts

So according to you la noire remastered isnt from rockstar?

Perhaps the reason Rockstar are going to remove the original trilogy from stores... is because there would be a "switcher" (in definitive edition) to change from the original to the "remaster" and vice versa???......

Edited by sutalu

Just now, hulkie said:

So according to you la noire remastered isnt from rockstar?

When that happen? A lot can change from then. They didn't even specify for example how much they gonna charge for E&E. Granted it's different game and ''flagship'' one, it still could be very well full price. They can justify it by claiming that it's three games somewhat visually altered, so separately they are worth at least $20 or more or they don't even have to say anything regarding the price and just charge the amount they deem fans will fork and due to le nostalgia and fanboism many good bois would pay more than that, even in this thread some people stated they would pay that or more no problem. They know they could milk money from this no matter the state of remasters.

BullseyeSBT
5 minutes ago, sutalu said:

Perhaps the reason Rockstar are going to remove the original trilogy from stores... Is because there would be a "switcher" to change from the original to the "remaster" and vice versa?...

🤔

8 minutes ago, sutalu said:

Perhaps the reason Rockstar are going to remove the original trilogy from stores... is because there would be a "switcher" (in definitive edition) to change from the original to the "remaster" and vice versa???......

So sort of like halo 2 anniversary? Old graphics at the click of a button. Hmm as long as I get ps2 quality atmosphere in SA and not the sh*tty pc port’s.  I’d be fine with that 100%

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sutalu said:

Even if there will be a switcher, it would probably be something like "classic mode" for controls and graphics in Halo. Perhaps a good addition, but it wouldn't help for the actual classic games preservation.

• Like 2

This isn’t even a Rockstar/T2 issue. They’re going to price them whatever the market is. Alan Wake Remastered is $30, LIS Remastered bundle is $40, Mass Effect Legendary trilogy is $60, but GTA fans won’t pay above 10-20? :prismkek: :prismkek: No one wants expensive games, but be realistic in the debate at least. 

BullseyeSBT
Just now, flex1911 said:

Even if there will be a switcher, it would probably be something like "classic mode" for controls and graphics in Halo. Perhaps a good addition, but it wouldn't help for the actual classic games preservation.

They'd have probably patched all the fun glitches too... And locked it up to prevent us wicked nasty modders 😠

VideoTech

70 quid for 20 year old games... eh. Debatable 

Edited by VideoTech

Just now, BullseyeSBT said:

They'd have probably patched all the fun glitches too... And locked it up to prevent us wicked nasty modders 😠

Yep, exactly. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kirsty said:

This isn’t even a Rockstar/T2 issue. They’re going to price them whatever the market is. Alan Wake Remastered is $30, LIS Remastered bundle is $40, Mass Effect Legendary trilogy is $60, but GTA fans won’t pay above 10-20? :prismkek: :prismkek: No one wants expensive games, but be realistic in the debate at least. 

Realistically, it can cost full price or more given how like you said ME is $60. I just said that personally i wouldn't pay more than 10-20 (same story and barely different visuals don't have value of the full game price for me, even if three games are included in a pack), so on heavy discount and i'm not expecting that sort of price, it will cost more for sure.

2 hours ago, Joymaxx said:

Who's see this?? It could probably be something like this. Better lighting, fixed 60FPS, free walking camera etc...

Oh wow, here is another leaked gta vc remastered gameplay :

It's called reVC...:sadkek:

Edited by killso
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

Spider-Vice

Well, at least those with the lower expectations may be more pleasantly surprised.

BullseyeSBT
1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

Well, at least those with the lower expectations may be more pleasantly surprised.

I don't have low expectations, I'm just seething at the cheek of T2 issuing DMCAs only to announce they're removing the originals and hope we aren't enraged.... 😛

Spider-Vice
27 minutes ago, sutalu said:

You know,  I was thinking... this is actually plausible, especially as Ruffian has history with something like this in Halo MCC... You'd have the enhanced gameplay and graphics and stuff remaster, and then the original graphics and gameplay, switchable on the fly. Hmm, we'll need to wait for them to advertise more features, wouldn't go expecting this necessarily. :p 

RaioMakuin

Are we really living in a world were for Hangar 13 which It's net worth is under 100 million, "Definitive Edition" means doing a glorious remake and for Rockstar which Its net worth is over 5 billions! For them "Definitive Edition" just means we are getting 4k textures and a few bugs fixed for their "equally legendary" titles as a thank you for their fans who have supported the games over the past two decades!!?!??!??

Have Rockstar become this mediocre??!! 🤔🤔🤔

We will see soon in the next episode of GTAForums Drama Queens!!!!:adminkek:

DoctorMike
Just now, Spider-Vice said:

You sound pretty confident 🤨

BS_BlackScout

Some of you lack self-awareness, but not just that.

7 minutes ago, BullseyeSBT said:

I don't have low expectations, I'm just seething at the cheek of T2 issuing DMCAs only to announce they're removing the originals and hope we aren't enraged.... 😛

Delisting might even work out in the modders favour; this has been mentioned in T2 topic. 

• Like 2

Spider-Vice
4 minutes ago, RaioMakuin said:

For them "Definitive Edition" just means we are getting 4k textures and a few bugs fixed for their "equally legendary" titles

We don't know sh*t about what the remasters actually are. Not remakes, sure, but we don't know the extent of the improvements. Stop spreading BS as facts just to cause a stir until we see it. We don't know if it's gonna be great or mediocre, we aren't "getting" anything because we haven't seen it yet.

Attitudes like this is what make me think that some of these posts have to be trolling. People are spreading bullsh*t as given facts when we have no info. Your expectations aren't fact just because you think it's gonna be sh*t.

BullseyeSBT
Just now, Kirsty said:

Delisting might even work out in the modders favour; this has been mentioned in T2 topic. 

Yes I see that... We can only hope :D