Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Contract
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Verified Locations of Rare Animals, Enemy Encounters, and Places You Can Sit


subvod
 Share

Recommended Posts

UPDATE 2022/04/24:

  • Several new Owl locations.
  • New map showing locations for Bull, Ox, and Roosters. Soon to add other domesticated farm animals.

 

Here's the repo: https://github.com/subvod/rdr2-maps

 

If you're saving for offline use, you can view Markdown documents in VS Code (Ctrl+Shift+V). If you have Notepad++, you can view MD docs via the MarkdownViewer++ extension.

 

https://github.com/microsoft/vscode

https://github.com/nea/MarkdownViewerPlusPlus

 

If, by chance, you've other interests concerning things aside from hunting in RDR2:

 

https://github.com/subvod/examples/blob/master/RDR2.MD

 

And, if you've already done a legitimate 100% run and want a full save, complete with all missables and what not, I've uploaded my own here:

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1177

Edited by subvod
April update.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a lot of hours in this game, but I have never, ever saw a moose in Owanjila, not in the lake, and not in the area either. Day and night, rain or sun, never. The other locations you mentioned are rare, for me the most "guaranteed" is Lake Isabella, especially if the White Bison is not killed yet - if I try and follow the legendary trail then most likely both of them spawning; and also that lake past Colter (the herbivore lure trick). Other than that, I rarely see but most of the time 2star moose spawns near Annesburg and near the legendary moose location.

 

The other locations were one-off, I saw one in Ambarino (but not around Wapiti which is an alleged spawn point), and once near the forest when I was traveling through Manzanita for the first time I played the Epilogue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ViktorFekete said:

I have a lot of hours in this game, but I have never, ever saw a moose in Owanjila, not in the lake, and not in the area either. Day and night, rain or sun, never. The other locations you mentioned are rare, for me the most "guaranteed" is Lake Isabella, especially if the White Bison is not killed yet - if I try and follow the legendary trail then most likely both of them spawning; and also that lake past Colter (the herbivore lure trick). Other than that, I rarely see but most of the time 2star moose spawns near Annesburg and near the legendary moose location.

 

The other locations were one-off, I saw one in Ambarino (but not around Wapiti which is an alleged spawn point), and once near the forest when I was traveling through Manzanita for the first time I played the Epilogue.

I assure you'll stumble across one at Owanjila if you spend enough time there. I have noticed on that spawn that I've only seen it when approaching from the south sides of the lake. Never encountered a moose in the lake when approaching from the north, maybe just luck idk. Bear in mind that spot is likely just a random encounter. I presume it's tied to something, maybe as simple as a roll of the dice with a random seed, and it just spawns a moose over the water (sometimes with a wolf chasing it). Personally, I've seen the same event over at O'Creagh's Run only twice in the year I've had the game thus far... I spend a lot of time around there as well because there's three grizzly spawns nearby in addition to the two moose spawns. I guess that just goes to show how rare that spawn has proven to be for me.

 

The most effective way I've been able to get any of them to spawn is leave my horse several hundred feet away and don't jog/sprint to the spawnpoint, just either walk normally or crouch walk. That and spending time in the surrounding area. I usually just drink four Aged Pirate Rums, black out, wake up, and start towards the spawnpoint. Whilst moving towards the spawn, move the camera around a ton. I usually just point straight upwards and turn several times about every 20 seconds. You can manipulate spawns of everything that way, not just entities.

 

Now, the one at Lake Isabella hasn't proven to be affected by the Bison nor the Arabian. I've killed bulls on that west path before and after killing the white bison, and additionally before and after stabling the Arabian. Same goes for the spot next to Brandywine Drop, although it seems I've encountered far more moose there after stabling the Andalusian. That might just be circumstantial though because I've kept the Andalusian stabled far longer than not; I have killed bulls at Brandywine with the Andalusian ten feet from them, though.

 

As far as the most reliable/consistent spots, the only ones I can name off are the four in Tall Trees, the one between "IN" in "AMBARINO", the one south of Fairvale Shanty, the one at Colter, and southernmost on the Kamassa. Everywhere else has been hit-or-miss even when approaching on foot from quite a ways off, but I have seen at least two at every point marked in the past month (when I began verifying all these places; damn near bit off more than I can chew but it was worth it). Allegedly there's meant to be one along the Little Creek River, which I've never seen even once and I'm working on that right now. But as it seems pure speculation, and the fact one person mentioned it late 2018, I doubt it's a legitimate claim. Be that as it may, the same goes for the one at Wallace Station. I read one person on Reddit mention it (with no screenshot) and took it to be slander. Well, low and behold just last week I was passing through during sleet and saw a bull atop the small cliff... blew my mind as thus far I thought I'd catalogued every possible spawn but apparently not (which is why I'm still on moose, lol).

 

Baiting only spawns cow moose, which is fine if you're only out for pelts. Plus, baiting doesn't appear to be tied to individual hard-set spawns. There's a video on YouTube which conveys you can spawn a bull at Cairn with bait... but if you notice the bull in the video has a star rating where as if it really were spawned with bait it would have been a scoreless cow (with no star rating; by default a pristine/perfect pelt). Plus the star ratings are random, but almost every moose I've killed in Grizzlies West, AM and Tall Trees, WE has been three stars (some two stars, very few one stars). However every other spawn has yielded mostly two stars, with a few three stars but still not a whole lot of one stars.

 

All the spawns close to well-traveled paths, including both up at Wapiti as you mentioned, are far more likely to have the moose flee because of nearby NPCs. And that's if one even spawns there at the time you're passing through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WRXSTiFan said:

I assure you'll stumble across one at Owanjila if you spend enough time there. I have noticed on that spawn that I've only seen it when approaching from the south sides of the lake. Never encountered a moose in the lake when approaching from the north, maybe just luck idk. Bear in mind that spot is likely just a random encounter. I presume it's tied to something, maybe as simple as a roll of the dice with a random seed, and it just spawns a moose over the water (sometimes with a wolf chasing it). Personally, I've seen the same event over at O'Creagh's Run only twice in the year I've had the game thus far... I spend a lot of time around there as well because there's three grizzly spawns nearby in addition to the two moose spawns. I guess that just goes to show how rare that spawn has proven to be for me.

 

The most effective way I've been able to get any of them to spawn is leave my horse several hundred feet away and don't jog/sprint to the spawnpoint, just either walk normally or crouch walk. That and spending time in the surrounding area. I usually just drink four Aged Pirate Rums, black out, wake up, and start towards the spawnpoint. Whilst moving towards the spawn, move the camera around a ton. I usually just point straight upwards and turn several times about every 20 seconds. You can manipulate spawns of everything that way, not just entities.

 

Now, the one at Lake Isabella hasn't proven to be affected by the Bison nor the Arabian. I've killed bulls on that west path before and after killing the white bison, and additionally before and after stabling the Arabian. Same goes for the spot next to Brandywine Drop, although it seems I've encountered far more moose there after stabling the Andalusian. That might just be circumstantial though because I've kept the Andalusian stabled far longer than not; I have killed bulls at Brandywine with the Andalusian ten feet from them, though.

 

As far as the most reliable/consistent spots, the only ones I can name off are the four in Tall Trees, the one between "IN" in "AMBARINO", the one south of Fairvale Shanty, the one at Colter, and southernmost on the Kamassa. Everywhere else has been hit-or-miss even when approaching on foot from quite a ways off, but I have seen at least two at every point marked in the past month (when I began verifying all these places; damn near bit off more than I can chew but it was worth it). Allegedly there's meant to be one along the Little Creek River, which I've never seen even once and I'm working on that right now. But as it seems pure speculation, and the fact one person mentioned it late 2018, I doubt it's a legitimate claim. Be that as it may, the same goes for the one at Wallace Station. I read one person on Reddit mention it (with no screenshot) and took it to be slander. Well, low and behold just last week I was passing through during sleet and saw a bull atop the small cliff... blew my mind as thus far I thought I'd catalogued every possible spawn but apparently not (which is why I'm still on moose, lol).

 

Baiting only spawns cow moose, which is fine if you're only out for pelts. Plus, baiting doesn't appear to be tied to individual hard-set spawns. There's a video on YouTube which conveys you can spawn a bull at Cairn with bait... but if you notice the bull in the video has a star rating where as if it really were spawned with bait it would have been a scoreless cow (with no star rating; by default a pristine/perfect pelt). Plus the star ratings are random, but almost every moose I've killed in Grizzlies West, AM and Tall Trees, WE has been three stars (some two stars, very few one stars). However every other spawn has yielded mostly two stars, with a few three stars but still not a whole lot of one stars.

 

All the spawns close to well-traveled paths, including both up at Wapiti as you mentioned, are far more likely to have the moose flee because of nearby NPCs. And that's if one even spawns there at the time you're passing through.

Thanks, I will try these.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Updated images have been linked and reference document has been updated on GitHub. At this point, I'm just marking timestamps unless I stumble across a new spawn I've not yet catalogued.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 4:38 PM, WRXSTiFan said:

 

If anyone else is a story mode maniac like myself, still out hunting despite sitting on 100% completion for months

 

 

Yes, I think we have something in common :) The best thing is when in Epilogue, after the ranching but before buying BH, I go to different locations, buy a room, prep for a hunt, choosing the right trapper outfit and go. I can do this for hours.

 

I can confirm the locations for cougars, just one note: the one near Plainview usually is towards Benedict Point for me, I usually encounter the big cat almost next to BP on the top of that hill. I guess it's just wandering off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ViktorFekete said:

Yes, I think we have something in common :) The best thing is when in Epilogue, after the ranching but before buying BH, I go to different locations, buy a room, prep for a hunt, choosing the right trapper outfit and go. I can do this for hours.

 

I can confirm the locations for cougars, just one note: the one near Plainview usually is towards Benedict Point for me, I usually encounter the big cat almost next to BP on the top of that hill. I guess it's just wandering off?

 

Atop the rock, eh? I've been running around there and the only one I've come across is the sole one marked. Despite referring to maps online, that's the only place I've found a cougar between Plainview and Benedict Point. It's down in the land depression at the base of the cliff, always laying down next to a rock. I'll continue running around out there looking for the one you mention. Also, have you found a cougar up around the dashed path northwest of Moonstone Pond? I recall finding a cougar there, but only once and it's been almost a year. IIRC it was on the west side of that path, but even this far in I've yet to find another around there. I reckon it's a random encounter as there was a lone gray wolf chasing a deer at the southern junction of the same path, but I could be wrong.

 

Been running around Cueva Seca too, as allegedly there's a normal cougar spawn around the legendary cougar, but nothing yet. I found additional cougars today: west of Willard's Rest and a second at Cochinay, so those are the only locations not on the map yet.

 

For moose, just today I found alternative moose coats at the spawn on the second 'L' in "TALL TREES". Up until now, the only place I could find alternative coats was the OOB in Ambarino.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WRXSTiFan said:

 

Atop the rock, eh? I've been running around there and the only one I've come across is the sole one marked. Despite referring to maps online, that's the only place I've found a cougar between Plainview and Benedict Point. It's down in the land depression at the base of the cliff, always laying down next to a rock. I'll continue running around out there looking for the one you mention. Also, have you found a cougar up around the dashed path northwest of Moonstone Pond? I recall finding a cougar there, but only once and it's been almost a year. IIRC it was on the west side of that path, but even this far in I've yet to find another around there. I reckon it's a random encounter as there was a lone gray wolf chasing a deer at the southern junction of the same path, but I could be wrong.

 

Been running around Cueva Seca too, as allegedly there's a normal cougar spawn around the legendary cougar, but nothing yet. I found additional cougars today: west of Willard's Rest and a second at Cochinay, so those are the only locations not on the map yet.

 

For moose, just today I found alternative moose coats at the spawn on the second 'L' in "TALL TREES". Up until now, the only place I could find alternative coats was the OOB in Ambarino.

Near Moonstone Pound? No, never, not that I can recall. Around the legendary cougar yes, but like with you regarding the Moonstone Pound, only once. If I remember correctly, back when I first got to New Austin, and hunted the legendary cougar, I went for the first bounty of Tumbleweed, I saw a cougar, but I didn't hunt it. I'll keep my eyes open, I usually like to wander there, if I find a cougar, I post it.

 

I will check the moose with alternative coat you mentioned.

 

One question, despite we have several spawn points for cougars, wolves, bears etc. we only have one (one?) spawn point for panther near old harry fen, in the forest area. Now, allegedly there is a spawn point in lagras east too. Have you ever found panther there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ViktorFekete said:

Near Moonstone Pound? No, never, not that I can recall. Around the legendary cougar yes, but like with you regarding the Moonstone Pound, only once. If I remember correctly, back when I first got to New Austin, and hunted the legendary cougar, I went for the first bounty of Tumbleweed, I saw a cougar, but I didn't hunt it. I'll keep my eyes open, I usually like to wander there, if I find a cougar, I post it.

 

I will check the moose with alternative coat you mentioned.

 

One question, despite we have several spawn points for cougars, wolves, bears etc. we only have one (one?) spawn point for panther near old harry fen, in the forest area. Now, allegedly there is a spawn point in lagras east too. Have you ever found panther there?

 

There is a panther spawn northeast of the 'S' in "LAGRAS". It's sleeping on the shoreline, though sometimes a random NPC campsite will spawn 30 feet away and prevent it from spawning. Both types (regular and Florida) and all coats of panther spawn at both Old Harry Fen and Lagras. Apparently, there's an online-exclusive spawn at Stillwater Creek, but after this entire time of having known that and roaming the area I've not found it at the location shown in videos so it's likely online-only as described.

 

As for the cougar at Moonstone, the reasons I'm curious are both because I've seen one there once before, but also because there is a cougar map icon around there. Granted, there's a ton of map icons across the map where you can take the associated animals and skin them to get the icon, but I swear I've seen one there. That cougar over around Cueva Seca... you mention the first bounty out of Tumbleweed; that guy's over at Solomon's Folly, closer to Benedict Point, so I reckon the cougar you came across was one I've yet to document (of the several supposedly between Benedict Point and Plainview). Nonetheless, I'll continue running around.

 

God, I cannot wait for the OpenIV dev team to get it working with RDR2...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, WRXSTiFan said:

 

There is a panther spawn northeast of the 'S' in "LAGRAS". It's sleeping on the shoreline, though sometimes a random NPC campsite will spawn 30 feet away and prevent it from spawning. Both types (regular and Florida) and all coats of panther spawn at both Old Harry Fen and Lagras. Apparently, there's an online-exclusive spawn at Stillwater Creek, but after this entire time of having known that and roaming the area I've not found it at the location shown in videos so it's likely online-only as described.

 

As for the cougar at Moonstone, the reasons I'm curious are both because I've seen one there once before, but also because there is a cougar map icon around there. Granted, there's a ton of map icons across the map where you can take the associated animals and skin them to get the icon, but I swear I've seen one there. That cougar over around Cueva Seca... you mention the first bounty out of Tumbleweed; that guy's over at Solomon's Folly, closer to Benedict Point, so I reckon the cougar you came across was one I've yet to document (of the several supposedly between Benedict Point and Plainview). Nonetheless, I'll continue running around.

 

God, I cannot wait for the OpenIV dev team to get it working with RDR2...

I'll check the panther and the Moonstone Pound cougar as soon as possible and get back with an update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update is described in OP edit. New base map, added a few locations for grizzly, cougar, timber, and a whole new map for places you can sit at/on. Credits are all accounted for in the README within the archive linked. Ten new timestamps logged for all animals covered. Currently working on a map showing all rival gang hideouts, camps, and random encounters/ambushes but I'll still be watching for spawns I don't yet know of.

 

If anyone has evidence of Beavers at Lake Isabella or Shady Belle, and/or Californian Owls north of the Upper Montana, and/or Panthers around Bayall Edge or Stillwater Cabin... let's see it. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cutter De Blanc
1 hour ago, WRXSTiFan said:

Update is described in OP edit. New base map, added a few locations for grizzly, cougar, timber, and a whole new map for places you can sit at/on. Credits are all accounted for in the README within the archive linked. Ten new timestamps logged for all animals covered. Currently working on a map showing all rival gang hideouts, camps, and random encounters/ambushes but I'll still be watching for spawns I don't yet know of.

 

If anyone has evidence of Beavers at Lake Isabella or Shady Belle, and/or Californian Owls north of the Upper Montana, and/or Panthers around Bayall Edge or Stillwater Cabin... let's see it. :)

Using your Sit location map; there doesn't seem to be one at the Valentine Bank, and you have Chadwick Farm circled for whatever reason but I couldn't find one there either. Also, I know of one southwest of the Lake Don Julio house on the cliffs overlooking the lake and one north of Mescalero that you don't seem to have on this map. There's a map of some of them in the "Things You Didn't Know" topic a few pages back but it doesn't have some of the ones you have listed. I never knew I could sit on the Valentine gallows in all my time running around there. Cool!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Using your Sit location map; there doesn't seem to be one at the Valentine Bank, and you have Chadwick Farm circled for whatever reason but I couldn't find one there either. Also, I know of one southwest of the Lake Don Julio house on the cliffs overlooking the lake and one north of Mescalero that you don't seem to have on this map. There's a map of some of them in the "Things You Didn't Know" topic a few pages back but it doesn't have some of the ones you have listed. I never knew I could sit on the Valentine gallows in all my time running around there. Cool!

 

Noted. Unless you cite otherwise, you'll be credited for any I cannot find on the post you mentioned. As for Chadwick Farm, circled locations on all maps are those areas which I'm currently in progress of searching. (Same for the cougar on the east shore south of Annesburg.) If you come across any more I've not marked, let me know. All of these maps will likely remain WIP until I can scan animal spawns and conditions with either OpenIV or CodeWalker, whichever gets full RDR2 support first.

 

I was checking around Don Julio like an hour ago, but on the southeast side so a lot of good that did...

 

EDIT: Ah, hell! I didn't think you were referring to jeanropke's map. I didn't know it had the associated locations... I'll be damned. Well, I guess I'll just mark up everything there on a JPEG and link to the contributors document.

Edited by WRXSTiFan
jeanropke's map system has a ton of locations.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Middle Class Roadman

For me the best place for moose spawns is Cattail Pond - they spawn at the edge of the lake by the trail path having a drink from the water. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cutter De Blanc
12 hours ago, WRXSTiFan said:

 

 

EDIT: Ah, hell! I didn't think you were referring to jeanropke's map. I didn't know it had the associated locations... I'll be damned. Well, I guess I'll just mark up everything there on a JPEG and link to the contributors document.

Note the other map has a sit location listed at Armadillo Sheriff's office that I couldn't find

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Note the other map has a sit location listed at Armadillo Sheriff's office that I couldn't find

 

I'm not sure if some of the locations marked are exclusive to online. I doubt it, but it's possible. I couldn't get to them, either. Both of those, as well as all others I come across which I cannot verify work in single player, will be removed from the associated map unless I'm later able to find them (in which case they'll either be kept or re-added). If you've got more which you cannot get to pop, let me know and I'll check them out. Kind of bullsh*tty if even some sit locations are online-only. It's bad enough I have to mod the hell out of my game to get some cosmetics.

 

Blips have been changed to blue for random encounters of Grizzly, Moose, and Cougar. Static spawns were kept as red. I'm working on Timber Wolves, but the only way I know of to differentiate between static and random spawns of Timbers are the number of them. During random ambush spawns, there's always only two wolves. Same goes for Grays, the coat does not matter. Static spawns have as many as five from what I've run across. Namely up on the hill south of Fairvale Shanty... yesterday and a few times in the past year I've killed as many as 12 wolves at once, every time was a mix of Timbers and Grays up there at that specific spot. I also think the random ambush locations have a chance to spawn two Grays or Timbers at random regardless of localization, but so far checking the locations outside of the Timbers' local area I've come across nothing but Grays.

 

Also, ViktorFekete, I did come across that cougar on top of the hill west of Plainview today. However, it was at 15:15 and during a sandstorm. I reckon more of these spawns in story mode are time-specific like some listed on RDOMap (in addition to those known to be time sensitive anyway), namely for that cougar because I've never seen one up there at night. Granted, I've no way to prove that just yet other than timestamps I've logged myself. Thanks for your help in narrowing it down, it'll be marked as a static spawn on the next map release.

 

As usual, I've noted the time in TIMESTAMPS.MD, but at this point I'll go ahead and start including full timestamps as shown: YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-WEATHER.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cutter De Blanc
5 minutes ago, WRXSTiFan said:

 

I'm not sure if some of the locations marked are exclusive to online. I doubt it, but it's possible. I couldn't get to them, either. Both of those, as well as all others I come across which I cannot verify work in single player, will be removed from the associated map unless I'm later able to find them (in which case they'll either be kept or re-added). If you've got more which you cannot get to pop, let me know and I'll check them out. Kind of bullsh*tty if even some sit locations are online-only. It's bad enough I have to mod the hell out of my game to get some cosmetics.

 

 

 So far, just the Valentine Bank and the Armadillo Sheriff's office. All of the others have been spot on. Good work. The only one I haven't checked yet or know to work already is the one between the I and Z in "Grizzlies East". I love hunting these down. Surprising that the one at Whinyard Strait (which I didn't know about until yesterday) is the only one in The Grizzlies West.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

 So far, just the Valentine Bank and the Armadillo Sheriff's office. All of the others have been spot on. Good work. The only one I haven't checked yet or know to work already is the one between the I and Z in "Grizzlies East". I love hunting these down. Surprising that the one at Whinyard Strait (which I didn't know about until yesterday) is the only one in The Grizzlies West.

 

Well, the only one... found thus far. Given most bodies of water have special things tied to them (moose swimming in water or sitting on ice, as well as special grizzly encounters being examples) there's got to be at least one at Lake Isabella, but also possibly Cairn or Barrow. Maybe even Cattail. I reckon there's got to be more than just one up there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2021 at 2:24 AM, WRXSTiFan said:

 

Also, ViktorFekete, I did come across that cougar on top of the hill west of Plainview today. However, it was at 15:15 and during a sandstorm. I reckon more of these spawns in story mode are time-specific like some listed on RDOMap (in addition to those known to be time sensitive anyway), namely for that cougar because I've never seen one up there at night. Granted, I've no way to prove that just yet other than timestamps I've logged myself. Thanks for your help in narrowing it down, it'll be marked as a static spawn on the next map release.

 

 

You're welcome :) Just a little update, I searched for the panther in Lagras but didn't find it. Spent like 2+ days wandering on the shoreline, camping/sleeping and stuff but it wouldn't show up.

 

I will check the beaver at Lake Isabella! Sounds interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ViktorFekete said:

You're welcome :) Just a little update, I searched for the panther in Lagras but didn't find it. Spent like 2+ days wandering on the shoreline, camping/sleeping and stuff but it wouldn't show up.

 

I will check the beaver at Lake Isabella! Sounds interesting.

 

It seems to be a night-specific spawn. Should be 18:00-06:00. It's spotty, just like all uncommon animals. I've no clue what affects the rarity other than nearby NPCs/events. You'll find it eventually.

 

59 minutes ago, Looser3241 said:

I checked your places to sit reference map and didn't see this place marked

 

-snip-

 

Is that at Shady Belle? If so and I get it to pop, I'll add it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, WRXSTiFan said:

Is that at Shady Belle? If so and I get it to pop, I'll add it.

Clemens Point, near Arthur's tent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Looser3241 said:

Clemens Point, near Arthur's tent

 

Show me a screen of you actually sitting there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cutter De Blanc
5 hours ago, Looser3241 said:

I checked your places to sit reference map and didn't see this place marked

 

9nW0Mkj.png

As far as I can tell this one only works while the gang is camped there, and seems a little awkward, more like there's supposed to be a chair there than him actually sitting on the roots. Seems it's a feature of the camp not the location, cant get it to work in Chapter 4

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

As far as I can tell this one only works while the gang is camped there, and seems a little awkward, more like there's supposed to be a chair there than him actually sitting on the roots. Seems it's a feature of the camp not the location, cant get it to work in Chapter 4

 

Nor can I at 100%. I've verified all other locations except for:

  • 2nd 'O' in "ROANOKE RIDGE"
  • Van Horn (Pier?)
  • Old Greenbank Mill
  • Valentine Bank
  • Stillwater Cabin
  • Armadillo Sheriff

All other locations have screenshots of the character sitting there, and those screens will be in their own archive. Those which I've been unable to verify myself will be removed from the map until proven valid (time frame or not). Looser3241, the one you posted will be included, but I'll change the blip color to something else and type up a document specifying the time frame restriction. Thanks. :)

Edited by WRXSTiFan
Spoiler.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

As far as I can tell this one only works while the gang is camped there, and seems a little awkward, more like there's supposed to be a chair there than him actually sitting on the roots. Seems it's a feature of the camp not the location, cant get it to work in Chapter 4

Oh, I did not know that, thanks for clarifying it. I just assumed it worked during other chapters. Sorry for that, WRXSTiFan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Looser3241 said:

Oh, I did not know that, thanks for clarifying it. I just assumed it worked during other chapters. Sorry for that, WRXSTiFan.

 

It might be wonky/unintentional, but it's usable. I host this on GitHub because I want it to be a collaborative effort. No apology required as long as it works, but if screens are posted I'd prefer the character be physically sitting down at the spot so I know exactly where to look. (Rather than the last three hours of running around I just did screening every location I've picked up so far.)

 

New release archive is up. Attempted to lower the final size by scaling grizzly/moose/timber/bat maps to their local areas, but LZMA2 doesn't like numerous files with nearly entirely different data so 247MB vs 302MB is quite a difference. I can make a lower quality export pack if need be, just let me know the preferred image compression/quality. A large space of the packed files is taken by the separate sit locations. I might just upload that separately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cutter De Blanc
On 10/25/2021 at 5:35 PM, subvod said:

 

Nor can I at 100%. I've verified all other locations except for:

  • 2nd 'O' in "ROANOKE RIDGE"
  • Van Horn (Pier?)

I could not find the sit location near the second "O". You'd assume it'd be on the rocks, but I was unable to locate it if it exists

 

The one in Van Horn is on the Roof of a boat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I could not find the sit location near the second "O". You'd assume it'd be on the rocks, but I was unable to locate it if it exists

 

The one in Van Horn is on the Roof of a boat

 

I'm still looking around the 'O', assuming it's a tree stump because the only rock faces around there don't pop. Still haven't found any sit locations up far northwest. And much thanks for clarification in Van Horn. :)

 

I've also found a second moose spawn east-northeast of the OOB in Ambarino. It's the third that yields alternative coats, but so far it's been only cows. It's inaccessible just like the other one, but it's over the horizon of the hill to the right of the original OOB spawn. I can hit it from the cliff on the opposite side of the path, but as for skinning I need to glitch out-of-map. Been trying to blackout glitch up the cliffs around there but so far to no avail. Even went over to Calumet Ravine but still haven't found a reliable glitch up those cliffs. I either slide off or fall through the map. If I can manage to glitch over the boundary, that opens up both moose spawns instead of having to bait/spook the original into bounds.

 

Also I've known for almost the entire time I've had the game: the photo of the "Western Moose" (cow) is a cow Elk. Not sure if anyone else has noted that, but it bothers the sh*t out of me.

 

Outside of that, not much more. Started a new playthrough and plan to stick on Chapter 2 for now. Marking all the O'Driscoll events and what not. The meese down along the Dakota and Upper Montana are still rare from what I've gathered so far. Idk if there's specific triggers for any animal. Still have seen the moose by Wallace Station twice in a year of gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw a note in another thread a while ago that there may be an armadillo spawn point near Caliga Hall. If I remember correctly it like that if you carry an armadillo carcass there then it will be marked on the map as spawn point. Now, I never tried this, but is this real? Is there an armadillo spawn point there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.