1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA Online Coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S March 2022

The_Ghost

Experience Los Santos with Stunning New Visuals, Enhanced Gameplay, and More

September 9, 2021

Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online will now arrive on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S March 2022, featuring a range of technical and graphical improvements across the entire experience including performance enhancements for select vehicles in GTA Online, and so much more.

While we are extremely excited to be bringing GTAV to the latest generation of consoles, the game requires a few additional months for polishing and fine-tuning. We look forward to sharing more details about these expanded and enhanced versions soon, including the new standalone version of GTA Online also coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S in March.

Meanwhile, check out the latest trailer above, which was also featured during today’s PlayStation Showcase, and stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for details.

And, to help get ready for launch, new and existing PlayStation Plus members can still take advantage of additional bonuses including GTA$1,000,000 every month for the PlayStation 4 version of GTA Online until the game launches on PlayStation 5 in March 2022. Claim your GTA$1,000,000 each month on PlayStation Store.

In addition, the new standalone version of GTA Online will be available to claim for FREE on PlayStation 5 for the first three months after launch in March 2022 (Does not require GTAV to play).

Edited by The_Ghost

What a f*cking joke.

Standard Deluxe 59

What a joke, it looks exactly the same. No new cars, buildings, scenery, nothing. What was the difference? More wrinkles on character faces? Maybe a couple more cracks in the road? How sad. 

black_mcgrath

I don't know what I was expecting really. For whatever reason I thought it would look like Red Dead in terms of visuals, but instead I'm looking at an upscaled PS3 game that's running at 4k 60FPS

Can't wait to pirate it and see the new assets (if there's any) as mods for PC a week after

Slightly off topic, but the pandemic over the last 18 months has been the single most bullsh*t experience of my life.

How long does it take Rockstar to make a new game? They've already expanded and enhanced the game before and procrastinated even more with RDR2, and now there are even more delays while they churn out LS once again with improved graphics.

How many more times do I need to take an extended break from GTA because I'm so bored with it?

Four months extra and that's all we got?

Not even a juicy reach around sizzle reel as an apology?

Edited by RyuNova

2 minutes ago, Jenkiiii said:

Slightly off topic, but the pandemic over the last 18 months has been the single most bullsh*t experience of my life.

How long does it take Rockstar to make a new game? They've already expanded and enhanced the game before and procrastinated even more with RDR2, and now there are even more delays while they churn out LS once again with improved graphics.

How many more times do I need to take an extended break from GTA because I'm so bored with it?

That's the bit they are missing big time. The game doesn't need all this time invested into new graphics (which look pretty much the same as the old graphics) 

It desperately needs new places for players to go and new, innovative things for players to do.

It could look hyper-real, but it's still the same old map, same old stuff.

• Like 7

Lets see how the sycophantic mods and or fans spin this. So embarrasing...

Edited by ScrappyBauer
  • Like 2

"...and much more"

Then f*cking show us! Have they actually done anything but up the resolution and up'ed the FPS? What PC has had for years and could be done if they unlocked graphics options for Consoles. The PS5 and Series X could run the game at high settings with 4K and 60FPS right now.

Everything they showed in that "trailer" we can see now, literally now, in the game.

3 minutes ago, ScrappyBauer said:

Lets see how the sycophantic mods and or fans spin this. So embarrasing ...

Will we get told off again for being too "negative"?

17 minutes ago, Big Molio said:

In the year 2525

If man is still alive

They will play GTA5

On PS5.....5555

LOL good one.

As for the topic itself, suddenly that occasional nagging thought that I must start thinking about sourcing a new xboogie doesn't seem quite so urgent.

Edited by Shiloh Comes

Should've picked a different thing to be my first topic in this forum, people are mmaaaaad (rightfully so though lol) I defended this for a long time despite disliking the first trailer, but this one is just not impressive.

• Like 5

Would it be too cynical to suggest that R* are delaying release until they think more consoles will be in the wild? From the look of the trailer, they clearly have zero interest in expanding or enhancing the game in any meaningful way.

Still, solves the mystery of why no PC version has ever been mentioned. Apparently, we've had it for 6 years.

If something is doomed to fail i hope is this and not GTA 6, it would be the biggest blow to the industry if the next GTA sucks, Ubisoft would climb up to fill up the void with their sh*tty ass games... f*ck that.

I've rooted for Rockstar for a long time but now i'm kinda hoping it sucks so they get their f*cking wake up call. TIme will tell.

• Like 5

Look at Skyrim. A game that's been whored out more times than this game, and the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions are FREE!

Touched up graphics, resolution bump and FPS increase.

• Like 5

Man some of y'all really thought it was basically gonna be Rdr2 huh? Well I for one was hoping for better multiplayer models or additional presets, but I doubt we'll even get that. 

Oh well, new update confirmed for March 2022 lol

Also, just a note for r*. Next time you try that "outside world being explodey and exciting" try to make the NPCs inside react to that explosion that happened just outside the window. Don't want people to think NPCs are lifeless.

Edited by HamwithCheese
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, HamwithCheese said:

Man some of y'all really thought it was basically gonna be Rdr2 huh? Well I for one was hoping for better multiplayer models or additional presets, but I doubt we'll even get that. 

Oh well, new update confirmed for March 2022 lol

Also, just a note for r*. Next time you try that "outside world being explodey and exciting" try to make the NPCs inside react to that explosion that happened just outside the window. Don't want people to think NPCs are lifeless.

Dude it's not even 60 fps. People have every right to be extremely dissapointed.

There is absolutely no excuse for this. PS5 has Ryzen 3700X inside, a CPU that on PC version of GTA V only uses 15% of it's power to render 60 fps, it could easily render GTA V up to 180 fps or something.

PS4 version at least added things like FPS camera, long grass which made all these hills not look like flat PS2 era textures.

This version doesn't bring nearly as big of a jump in graphics as PS4 version did compared to PS3 version, not even frame-rate was upgraded. :kekw:

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Big Molio said:

In the year 2525

If man is still alive

They will play GTA5

On PS5.....5555

I like to think future society will revolve around GTA Online. Have you seen Yu-Gi-Oh? Same thing. It will be the only game and every aspect of society will make use of it

So they wait until the game is two months away from releasing to go "Oh btw, delayed!"

Doesn't even look like there are any improvements or additional content that would justify the delay, just looks like a simple port. Heck I could swear the f*cking newswire they put out for the LCSM update last month said 2021, this is just ridiculous! 🙄

• Like 2

god i hate this f*cking game so goddamn much

thanks for the yellow license plates at least, you fat useless sacks of sh*t

unknown.png

unknown.png