4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTANet Exclusive: Q&A with Rockstar Games

uNi

>have the ability to host a Q&A with Rockstar after more than 6 years 

>questions they chose to answer are about the tuners update and their f*cking label records

At least we got a tiny tease of what's coming this year in GTAO. Love how they mention "Crews" but let that feature die as soon as GTAO released.

Feels like the cheapest PR stunt to somehow get in touch with the community after the massive sh*tshow they've pulled without having to deal with actual, good questions.

I know it's full delusional of me to expect an actual, proper Q&A on Rockstar's site like they used to, but I'm still hopeful.

Claude_Lib

I'm trying to convince myself that GTANet did indeed ask about modding, about the removed song, you know, the real questions, and it was Rockstar being held at gunpoint by Take-Two that filtered them out and only chose those questions they're comfortable with.

No need to blame GTANet for the questions; that's all they were allowed to discuss. Asking anything more would've simply resulted in no reply and a burnt bridge. I just hope this is a step towards further interaction with the community from Rockstar.

lnterloper
5 hours ago, Halal Cyborg said:

You should have gone Jeremy Paxman on them ffs.

Ask them why they encourage toxic behaviour and encourage people to destroy peoples deliveries etc

Also ask them to remove KD or at least make suicide drama queens have those deaths count against it.

Also ask them what happened to the single player DLC and why they insist on forced bodykits on so many cars they added if they’re so immersed in car culture.

Rockstar doesn't encourage toxic behavior directly, they created in free roam, a web of criminal events and activities where people have opportunities to make cash, and there is people that wants to mess with you, that's what you would get with a bunch of criminals locked inside a small space, conflict, and all this conflict is there to generate excitement, people complained that selling in populated sessions is bad for the people selling (I used to always do this and stopped only because of hackers, the difference is that before starting I would look into peoples profiles to look who could give trouble, have friends to back me up and such), and then we have the nightclub selling vehicles as response in this matter, well armored, without lock on, well armed, one vehicle only with a short sell mission that in some cases fits inside the time frame of a Ghost.org, so instead of complaining about "toxic behavior" stimulation, why don't you give suggestions to better balance sales like: having a non friend player attack you during a sale increase the sale value, or reactive buffs where if you are attacked during a sale you get increased buff duration (off-the-radar, ghost.org, BST etc.) the only reason I can imagine why the attackers don't get better cash prizes is because people would glitch, transfer wealth, or not bother in doing the sales and simply swap destroyed sales as a way of making money.

Removing KD will not make the PVP players magically go away and stop annoying you, again, instead of asking to remove what you don't like, give them suggestions of balance, like, sessions being made according KD/r and Mental state, so you put the violent population contained in an environment that they like, and the peaceful players in another. Or suggest KD/r being swaped with MMR so low skill players don't get farmed by the ones with more experience, and be careful, because in the past, doing a 1v1 would give the opponent the same vehicle, and what people have done? used that to multiply Lasers and Rhinos, so fixing this issues is not so simple as black and white without you taking something away from someone.

I think at this point we all know that a lot of the Doomsday heist is from the single player DLC? So we got it, in a way, anyway the focus of Rockstar is being the on-line portion since it's what have been paying the bills, a good compromise would be a DLC where the GTA on-line protagonist works together with Michael, Franklin and Trevor, and I would give a kidney to see that happen.

Just a reminder that cars in GTA are not licensed, so they will be never 100% accurate, including obligatory bodykits is a way of making them "different" from real life counterparts, I would love to see some cars with optional parts, but, they are already in lawsuit grounds with this DLC, we have a Mustang, oh but the tail lights have 5 slits instead of 3, but at night only 3 light up, I mean, the car enthusiasts got a car DLC, with 0 PVP, with cars super close to real life counterparts while the plane enthusiasts are stuck with 20 parking spaces for example. Is all of that not good enough? 

Also being aggressive with Rockstar will not achieve anything, is more likely of them simply not reaching for the community again.

TL:DR: Constructive criticism instead of crying and complaining. 

2 hours ago, D T said:

This felt like an interview with an abusive partner who does the bare minimum to keep you around but makes you feel like you owe them something just for the bother.

We live in a big abusive relationship with corporations all around us, long gone the time where games where made by people passionate about making games, at least they feed us tasty industrial food.

Edited by lnterloper

VideoTech

Trust me folks, if GTANet asked any inappropriate questions it would immediately result in them never speaking to them again. Rockstar is just that type of company that if you criticise or ask too big questions then your name ends up on a blacklist. It’s frustrating but it is what it is unfortunately.

Claude_Lib

I just love living in the world where asking someone what the hell they are doing can be deemed inappropriate and get you thrown into a blacklist.

13 minutes ago, VideoTech said:

Trust me folks, if GTANet asked any inappropriate questions it would immediately result in them never speaking to them again. Rockstar is just that type of company that if you criticise or ask too big questions then your name ends up on a blacklist. It’s frustrating but it is what it is unfortunately.

GTANet: Welcome to our Q&A, first question, when is gta6?

R*: 

VideoTech
10 minutes ago, Claude_Lib said:

I just love living in the world where asking someone what the hell they are doing can be deemed inappropriate and get you thrown into a blacklist.

I understand but we do need GTANet. They're pretty much the last standing folks with the relationship with Rockstar. Rockstar seems to hate all the other fansites due to criticizing them. I find it horrible and unnecessary but there's nothing we can do as a community.   

Edited by VideoTech

Claude_Lib

Just to clarify, I don't blame GTANet. I'm just really mad at Rockstar here, and the whole industry in general.

• Like 11

eyeballs

I love rockstar games! They're kind enough to talk to the fans, the community! 

Lonely-Martin

Some cool reading material indeed!

Like others, I would have loved to see some hard hitting questions, but fully understand that R* will be cautious and you guys here are limited in what they'll answer etc. 

But nice to see non-stop pop looked on favourably, and the mention of the heist challenge, so much room on challenges like that to breathe life into the ol' girl yet.

Cheers folks!

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Autospell mistakes.

dieseltech20

Say they got a few more things planned for this year.   Better get a move on because there are only 4 months left. 

• Like 1

Halal Cyborg
5 hours ago, lnterloper said:

Rockstar doesn't encourage toxic behavior directly, they created in free roam, a web of criminal events and activities where people have opportunities to make cash, and there is people that wants to mess with you, that's what you would get with a bunch of criminals locked inside a small space, conflict, and all this conflict is there to generate excitement, people complained that selling in populated sessions is bad for the people selling (I used to always do this and stopped only because of hackers, the difference is that before starting I would look into peoples profiles to look who could give trouble, have friends to back me up and such), and then we have the nightclub selling vehicles as response in this matter, well armored, without lock on, well armed, one vehicle only with a short sell mission that in some cases fits inside the time frame of a Ghost.org, so instead of complaining about "toxic behavior" stimulation, why don't you give suggestions to better balance sales like: having a non friend player attack you during a sale increase the sale value, or reactive buffs where if you are attacked during a sale you get increased buff duration (off-the-radar, ghost.org, BST etc.) the only reason I can imagine why the attackers don't get better cash prizes is because people would glitch, transfer wealth, or not bother in doing the sales and simply swap destroyed sales as a way of making money.

Removing KD will not make the PVP players magically go away and stop annoying you, again, instead of asking to remove what you don't like, give them suggestions of balance, like, sessions being made according KD/r and Mental state, so you put the violent population contained in an environment that they like, and the peaceful players in another. Or suggest KD/r being swaped with MMR so low skill players don't get farmed by the ones with more experience, and be careful, because in the past, doing a 1v1 would give the opponent the same vehicle, and what people have done? used that to multiply Lasers and Rhinos, so fixing this issues is not so simple as black and white without you taking something away from someone.

I think at this point we all know that a lot of the Doomsday heist is from the single player DLC? So we got it, in a way, anyway the focus of Rockstar is being the on-line portion since it's what have been paying the bills, a good compromise would be a DLC where the GTA on-line protagonist works together with Michael, Franklin and Trevor, and I would give a kidney to see that happen.

Just a reminder that cars in GTA are not licensed, so they will be never 100% accurate, including obligatory bodykits is a way of making them "different" from real life counterparts, I would love to see some cars with optional parts, but, they are already in lawsuit grounds with this DLC, we have a Mustang, oh but the tail lights have 5 slits instead of 3, but at night only 3 light up, I mean, the car enthusiasts got a car DLC, with 0 PVP, with cars super close to real life counterparts while the plane enthusiasts are stuck with 20 parking spaces for example. Is all of that not good enough? 

Also being aggressive with Rockstar will not achieve anything, is more likely of them simply not reaching for the community again.

We live in a big abusive relationship with corporations all around us, long gone the time where games where made by people passionate about making games, at least they feed us tasty industrial food.

Thanks for making assumption after assumption.

I have no problem selling in public and am a day one player in the 1k club having earned 2.3bn overall legitimately. 

I once sold 10 full warehouses when cargo was double in full sessions over the space of a few hours.

And thanks for taking the time to write this thesis it is very impressive 👏👏👏

My points are still applicable - source almost 8 years of playing.

Orbea Occam
5 hours ago, D T said:

No need to blame GTANet for the questions; that's all they were allowed to discuss. Asking anything more would've simply resulted in no reply and a burnt bridge. I just hope this is a step towards further interaction with the community from Rockstar.

Completely defeats the purpose of an interview when the interviewee tells you what and what not to ask - like seriously is there even a point when it's like this? This isn't me having a go at the GTA Net guys either it's more Rockstar "Yeah we'll engage with the community for a change but only if you ask us about our record label and LS tuner Online update" smh. 

A few people in here have managed to hit the nail on the head when it comes to the type of questions that are most plausibly going to get an answer, it's just not realistic to expect some kind of grilling (from fansites, the media, or otherwise).

So, we're grateful for their time. Maybe it's a sign of things to come too, since it's been several years since the days where Asked & Answered was a thing. In fact all we did was ask, and they answered. This is unprecedented, but there's no favouritism or whatever involved. This could be a great opportunity for the future and maybe they will be willing to answer more from the community at a later date, especially as we get closer to E&E and things, if they have time and if the response to our article is favourable.

Feel free to suggest questions that you would personally ask Rockstar if you could, but keep expectations in check!

fib_ufo_small.png

Claude_Lib

Did you ask them who came up with that stupid label name, Circoloco?

Founded in 1999, the Circoloco parties (also written as Circo Loco) first took place at DC10 in Ibiza.

Huh, so it wasn't Rockstar's idea for once.

Edited by Claude_Lib

Jezus Holy Christ
2 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

Feel free to suggest questions that you would personally ask Rockstar if you could, but keep expectations in check!

The trailer you did for Grand Theft Auto V - the most recent one, of course - was really groundbreaking and mindblowing, would you consider doing more in the future? (Not just with next-generation footage)

• KEKW 2

El Dorado

it would be interesting to see the questions that they didn't answered, but I guess you will not be posting them anyway

Taterman

Thanks for posting the Q+A's guys. Hopefully they add more tunes to non-stop pop.

VitoCorleone1992
9 hours ago, lnterloper said:

The problem with the toxicity of gta online is because the game is full of casuals...you know...that type of players that always skipped the mission cutscenes of the singe player titles and so didn't got that attached to the franchise bcz they didn't cared to get immersive in the stories and don't care anything about game immersion in other aspects and they are basically "CoDists" (the reaons why there's tryhards and griefers in the game) but go for GTA bcz they also like to drive some cars.
The griefing always was part of the game, in the year 2015 best you could get griefed with where jets and armoured kurumas and it was a nightmare bcz there was nothing to counter that. But noadays it became almost ridiculous to have flying cars and bikes and like you said, it's not a matter of "i got out of selling stuff in lobbies full of people bcz hackers", you don't need go that far, simply look how easily is to have your cargo destroyed when someone is flying one oppressor. At least back in the day, you had a change to survive and destroy the cargo of the others, would mean fighting in the same or similar terms, like if you had a car, a griefer would need to get another one to make a drive-by, but now, they can missile you from a distance.
And yes, all of this dlc stuff like alien weapons, meme vehicles is pointed to a more kid audience and casuals in general.

One way to make the game more fun and even in a way that griefin would be more acceptable, bcz right now a griefer receivs like 2k and some ammo and snacks for destroying your 1M cargo value. Would be like a system i gave the idea some time ago...you would make bussiness deals and transactions with other players, either you could make a peaceful and "honourable" deal or set the deal up and both choices would have good and bad repercutions to your criminal company and even reputation, but of course that R* can't do that in this version of GTA Online or at least not without dedicated servers, bcz that without that it would mean that a lot of people would be using exploits and glitchs to make ilegit money.

And talking about the questions, why people are complaining? Like it isn't GTA.Net's fault. If they tried to do those questions they would get into the black list and at least now, with R* precaucious snobism about what they do and what they tell to the community (bcz they can, simply bcz they take almost players for granted, bcz players usually don't criticize, but it doesn't mean even if you criticize and still buy their products, shark cards) but it can me a path that they became in the good boys list of R* to be able to get more precious information.

5 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Some cool reading material indeed!

Like others, I would have loved to see some hard hitting questions, but fully understand that R* will be cautious and you guys here are limited in what they'll answer etc. 

But nice to see non-stop pop looked on favourably, and the mention of the heist challenge, so much room on challenges like that to breathe life into the ol' girl yet.

Cheers folks!

Tbh, it isn't a surprise why Non Stop Pop is one of the most popular radios. First, it had the most mainstream songs of all the radios and two, when you have basically 50% of the radio stations that have "meh" song quality, it isn't a suprise people would go even more for what they already would have gone: mainstream music ---» Non Stop FM. I probably would say that East Los Santos is one of the worst, not only bcz i don't think they got a nice tracklist of good songs, but some of them gives me headache, particularly the Sonidito: "TIM TIM TIM, TI RI RI RI RI TI TI RI PI PI PI PI, UM, DÓS, TRES, QUATRO, PE PE PE PE PE!" Jesus!

3 hours ago, Kirsty said:

"Katana, when?" 😂

20 hours ago, uNi said:

Now this is a Q&A that needs no introduction!

A short while ago, we popped over a few questions to Rockstar Games to see if we could get a more up-close and personal insight into GTA’s music, the new Circoloco Records and the Los Santos Tuners update. To our delight, Rockstar have kindly provided us with a little Q&A session, which they’re also happy for us to share with the rest of the community!

Suffice to say, we’re very grateful to Rockstar for being so accommodating with our questions, especially for letting us share them with you lot! To Rockstar: thank you for your support, as always.

But enough of us, feast your eyes on their answers below, and be sure to read on to the end for a little teaser of what’s in store for GTA Online in 2021, and beyond…

Ok, so...we can count with not a cpoy/pasted Halloween event from previous years (i think we also are lacking a brand new valentine's day event) and of course more dlc's...but about the halloween, did people already found some new halloween masks and outfits?

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Quinn_flower

Question 

Customization or lack of.  Why no new hair styles after 8 years? lack of love to the female clothing. Layering as dude and gals want to layer stuff we cant. 

This should be addressed. We hoped this would be fixed in the pc or last gen release but its not. 

59 minutes ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

The problem with the toxicity of gta online is because the game is full of casuals...you know...that type of players that always skipped the mission cutscenes of the singe player titles and so didn't got that attached to the franchise bcz they didn't cared to get immersive in the stories and don't care anything about game immersion in other aspects and they are basically "CoDists" (the reaons why there's tryhards and griefers in the game) but go for GTA bcz they also like to drive some cars.
The griefing always was part of the game, in the year 2015 best you could get griefed with where jets and armoured kurumas and it was a nightmare bcz there was nothing to counter that. But noadays it became almost ridiculous to have flying cars and bikes and like you said, it's not a matter of "i got out of selling stuff in lobbies full of people bcz hackers", you don't need go that far, simply look how easily is to have your cargo destroyed when someone is flying one oppressor. At least back in the day, you had a change to survive and destroy the cargo of the others, would mean fighting in the same or similar terms, like if you had a car, a griefer would need to get another one to make a drive-by, but now, they can missile you from a distance.
And yes, all of this dlc stuff like alien weapons, meme vehicles is pointed to a more kid audience and casuals in general.

One way to make the game more fun and even in a way that griefin would be more acceptable, bcz right now a griefer receivs like 2k and some ammo and snacks for destroying your 1M cargo value. Would be like a system i gave the idea some time ago...you would make bussiness deals and transactions with other players, either you could make a peaceful and "honourable" deal or set the deal up and both choices would have good and bad repercutions to your criminal company and even reputation, but of course that R* can't do that in this version of GTA Online or at least not without dedicated servers, bcz that without that it would mean that a lot of people would be using exploits and glitchs to make ilegit money.

And talking about the questions, why people are complaining? Like it isn't GTA.Net's fault. If they tried to do those questions they would get into the black list and at least now, with R* precaucious snobism about what they do and what they tell to the community (bcz they can, simply bcz they take almost players for granted, bcz players usually don't criticize, but it doesn't mean even if you criticize and still buy their products, shark cards) but it can me a path that they became in the good boys list of R* to be able to get more precious information.

Tbh, it isn't a surprise why Non Stop Pop is one of the most popular radios. First, it had the most mainstream songs of all the radios and two, when you have basically 50% of the radio stations that have "meh" song quality, it isn't a suprise people would go even more for what they already would have gone: mainstream music ---» Non Stop FM. I probably would say that East Los Santos is one of the worst, not only bcz i don't think they got a nice tracklist of good songs, but some of them gives me headache, particularly the Sonidito: "TIM TIM TIM, TI RI RI RI RI TI TI RI PI PI PI PI, UM, DÓS, TRES, QUATRO, PE PE PE PE PE!" Jesus!

"Katana, when?" 😂

Ok, so...we can count with not a cpoy/pasted Halloween event from previous years (i think we also are lacking a brand new valentine's day event) and of course more dlc's...but about the halloween, did people already found some new halloween masks and outfits?

yes there is a 2021 Halloween parashoot bag 

Edited by Quinn_flower

Very convenient Q&A, it's understandable. But then what was even the point of making one. I'm not working for R*, not even close, and I could reply to those questions in the same manner. I guess for traffic?

Geisterfaust

Hats off to GTAnet for getting at least something out of R* who are as closed as they could be. Gone are the times of public Q&As, gone are the fan comments on their social club, gone are any signs of actually communicating with the fans instead of directing them to that letterbox to drop in suggestions.

Shame on R* for providing 4 answers that I've read faster than I've spent on actually trying to find out if the page with the answers was not fully loaded. I've lost hope in R* a lot of time ago, around the time Online was still relevant while already being a cash cow, but these answers are ridiculous. GTANet deserves better, I don't know a single fan site close to GTAF and Net in fan dedication and that's reason we are all here.

V is "has been". "Labels" are less relevant than the name of the car showroom in Vice City we've used to own in '02. Tuners are five years late.

Once again, my respect to GTANet. @Kirsty, @uNi and all the staff who made it possible. R* can go play counterintel trying to find some leakers and they will end exactly as all sh*tty governments with irrelevant sec agencies will: inventing spies to catch because nobody gives a flying f*ck and all these bloated departments are somehow need to be productive and relevant.   

Oh, I forgot:

Adding a new category of Wheels was also a popular request which made sense for us to include this time around, as well as the option to Test Drive select vehicles in the LS Car Meet before purchasing.

Yeah, Grand Buy Auto meets Test drive unlimited. What a joke.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wlza5yz90sybgq115h

Edited by Geisterfaust

VitoCorleone1992
24 minutes ago, Quinn_flower said:

Question 

Customization or lack of.  Why no new hair styles after 8 years? lack of love to the female clothing. Layering as dude and gals want to layer stuff we cant. 

This should be addressed. We hoped this would be fixed in the pc or last gen release but its not. 

I think even more urgent than new clothing and hairstyles would be fix the damn clipping in some clothes and why tf some pants/watches/bracelets/necklaces can't be matched between them. But also in terms of graphics, a lot of 2013-2015 clothes should have been upgraded, some even look like GTA San Andreas, flat textures and idk why we have some haircuts that makes the hair look like this:

239300716_381245730063431_76146812270247

• Like 3

Lonely-Martin
5 hours ago, Kirsty said:

A couple I'd love to ask in hope of answers to be fair...

Considering the popularity keeps on growing with online, and keeping in mind how the more modern DLC is far more flexible for players by allowing 2-4 players, or even solo play on heists and missions etc more and more (compared to a 4 player only requirement on the original heists for example), or how these DLC's are often available from any session type leaving it more optional how we play (unlike certain past DLC where it's session dependent).

Do you (they, R*) see that trend and is it something they hope to keep pushing with future content and future games to widen appeal?

Could this be something you (they, R* again, lol) look to bring to RDRO and other future online games as they look to grow the playerbases and diverse appeal over there too?

(To me, that's what I've felt is the key to the more modern success here in GTA:O. The game just allows more freedom and I love that. Along with adding long requested themes of course, it just seems it all goes hand in hand - I mean for me personally, it's what see's me put GTA:O on over RDRO more often than not these days as I/we have more freedom and our groups/communities can create our gaming more).

Or, on the flipside (with the bracketed comment in mind)...

Do they see more a future where things like lobby choices as something to move away from in order to create a more fluent and natural freeroam experience?

(Putting it politely, but basically do like RDRO and one size fits all type of thing - Which I can't hide, is a complete turn off unfortunately).

Also...

With the seeming success of the arcade, nightclub and auto shop DLC, as these contain legitimate business aspects that seem popular, do they see any potential for the more legitimate business aspects in future and grow that side to GTA incorporating more from older GTA's like pizza deliveries or similar things for example?

And with the GTA III anniversary stuff to come in mind and how GTA:O is recognising the classic 3d era...

Do they see the potential to not only add new things to the franchise going forward but also see the return of some older aspects from GTA's past like rampages, vigilante, paramedic or taxi driving for example?

Anyway, piping dreams questions to get answered, but if you guys get another chance and faith between you and them grows from moments like this, I'd love ya to chuck some of these at them. :)

Major congrats are in order! 🥳

All these people mad that GTANet didn't grill Rockstar are completely missing the point of this interview. The fact that R* even agreed to do something like this is huge in itself, knowing their secretive nature. I'm sure this hopefully paves the way for more interviews in the future 🤞

Carla Rey

Hey Rockstar Games. I was told that you are answering questions to fan on GTA Online. If that's true then I would like ask you guys something. Are you guys planning on making GTA Online Liberty City Heists DLC in a distant future? Like say maybe in the late 2022 or 2023? Cuz I would really love to see that. The Return to Liberty City. Exploring the city, purchasing, Businesses & Apartments. And going in Fast food restaurants, Comedy clubs, Bowling allies, and The Nightclubs Hercules, and Maisonette 9. And also I would love to see the Return of Liberty City Legend, Niko Bellic as a Supporting character for the DLC. I know you're not on good terms with Michael Hollick, but there is 2 possibilities. 1: You can either Swallow your pride, and find a way resolve your differences with him, and find some way to persuade him to come back to GTA, or 2: Find a new actor to voice Niko, And have them sound like Michael Hollick. He's been quiet for nearly 13 Years now. And I speak for the fans that he deserves a comeback, And Niko is my favorite GTA Character. So Back to my Original Question. Is there going to be a GTA Online Liberty Heists DLC & Map Expansion in future for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and PS5 & Xbox Series?

Taterman
41 minutes ago, Carla Rey said:

Hey Rockstar Games. I was told that you are answering questions to fan on GTA Online. If that's true then I would like ask you guys something. Are you guys planning on making GTA Online Liberty City Heists DLC in a distant future? Like say maybe in the late 2022 or 2023? Cuz I would really love to see that. The Return to Liberty City. Exploring the city, purchasing, Businesses & Apartments. And going in Fast food restaurants, Comedy clubs, Bowling allies, and The Nightclubs Hercules, and Maisonette 9. And also I would love to see the Return of Liberty City Legend, Niko Bellic as a Supporting character for the DLC. I know you're not on good terms with Michael Hollick, but there is 2 possibilities. 1: You can either Swallow your pride, and find a way resolve your differences with him, and find some way to persuade him to come back to GTA, or 2: Find a new actor to voice Niko, And have them sound like Michael Hollick. He's been quiet for nearly 13 Years now. And I speak for the fans that he deserves a comeback, And Niko is my favorite GTA Character. So Back to my Original Question. Is there going to be a GTA Online Liberty Heists DLC & Map Expansion in future for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and PS5 & Xbox Series?

Ummmm, they did an interview with the staff here. They are not answering random questions posted.

23 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Rockstar send numerous screenshots to various sites prior to RDR2 release and one of them was GTANet?

I do recall the exclusive screenshots, but I assumed the trend still continued with RDR2 and would probably do so with GTA6. So, I didn't bother to mention that.

You may be right, although I can't remember any exclusivity from 2004 onwards. I might look into it because it's cool if they have done

Spider-Vice
6 hours ago, Rvfae said:

Major congrats are in order! 🥳

All these people mad that GTANet didn't grill Rockstar are completely missing the point of this interview. The fact that R* even agreed to do something like this is huge in itself, knowing their secretive nature. I'm sure this hopefully paves the way for more interviews in the future 🤞

Exactly the point, thank you! :)

2 hours ago, Fidzy said:

You may be right, although I can't remember any exclusivity from 2004 onwards. I might look into it because it's cool if they have done

We have gotten exclusive screenshots for every GTA thus far, including GTA V, and its PS4/Xbox One and PC versions, it didn't stop in 2004. :p 

For GTA IV they sent us screenies and other goodies within several "Hidden Packages": https://gtanet.com/hidden-package/

GTA V: https://gtanet.com/exclusive-gta-v-screenshot/ | https://gtanet.com/gtanet-exclusive-screenshots-from-new-gen-gta-v/ | https://gtanet.com/gtanet-exclusive-pc-screenshot-from-rockstar/

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives