3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTANet Exclusive: Q&A with Rockstar Games

uNi

Now this is a Q&A that needs no introduction!

A short while ago, we popped over a few questions to Rockstar Games to see if we could get a more up-close and personal insight into GTA’s music, the new Circoloco Records and the Los Santos Tuners update. To our delight, Rockstar have kindly provided us with a little Q&A session, which they’re also happy for us to share with the rest of the community!

Suffice to say, we’re very grateful to Rockstar for being so accommodating with our questions, especially for letting us share them with you lot! To Rockstar: thank you for your support, as always.

But enough of us, feast your eyes on their answers below, and be sure to read on to the end for a little teaser of what’s in store for GTA Online in 2021, and beyond…

Spider-Vice

1st!!!!

Thank you very much to Rockstar for the opportunity, just as said in the intro! Hope everyone enjoys this little session we've had with them.

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐

Thanks to Rockstar for setting aside some time for us, get reading folks, few tidbits in there about the future 👀

fib_ufo_small.png

2 minutes ago, CosmicBuffalo said:

Are the pictures from E&E?

No.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

CosmicBuffalo
Just now, uNi said:

No.

Congrats to you all..pretty cool community outreach.

It's very cool of Rockstar to do this with you guys. Congrats y'all!

wait is this a q&a asking thread or just an announcement thread, i'm dumb.

Edited by sefus
  • Bruh 1

Spider-Vice
3 minutes ago, sefus said:

wait is this a q&a asking thread or just an announcement thread, i'm dumb.

Lol, this is the discussion thread for the Q&A we *had* with R*. :p 

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

Lol, this is the discussion thread for the Q&A we *had* with R*. :p 

Ohhh, i'm a little late to the party it seems.

• KEKW 1

Inter6135

Will be an awesome read.  Thanks Rockstar for actually doing this. Much love.

• Like 3

Congrats, nice to see Rockstar reaching out to GTANet.

The community challenge was a nice touch to see. It's cool to see them planning more of these.

Lupo-Akane

And noting about balance I bet.

• Like 1

Lemoyne outlaw

edit. so after seeing the replies i apologize. im not mad at whoever asked the questions. and i mean no offense. its just that when i saw rockstar did a q and a. i got excited hoping that we would get some answers on their other games.

first off i think this is cool that rockstar did something like this. and it reminds me a little of the asked and answered they used to do. but am i the only one that thinks that these were lame questions? i know if i had the honor to ask a couple questions to them. i would pick ones that would have a better answer. like what is up with red dead online? i get that gta is their cash cow. and it has the bigger community. but why not ask a question about their most recent game and what they are going to do with it. just today we got a lame garbage event week. it would be nice to have some good news for once. there is so much that would be great to know from rockstar. and i feel like these were a let down.

Edited by Lemoyne outlaw

8 minutes ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

first off i think this is cool that rockstar did something like this. and it reminds me a little of the asked and answered they used to do. but am i the only one that thinks that these were lame questions? i know if i had the honor to ask a couple questions to them. i would pick ones that would have a better answer. like what is up with red dead online? i get that gta is their cash cow. and it has the bigger community. but why not ask a question about their most recent game and what they are going to do with it. just today we got a lame garbage event week. it would be nice to have some good news for once. there is so much that would be great to know from rockstar. and i feel like these were a let down.

In defence of both sides, we can't really control questions that they're able to answer and/or willing to share information on as this wasn't an open AMA. We'd rather focus on the stuff they did share, than the stuff they couldn't. Reaching out to the community can only be a positive thing in our books 😊

fib_ufo_small.png

Neat! Congrats, guys! Hope R* do more of this in the future.

Non Stop Pop being the most popular was a surprise, I would've expected it to be Radio LS or iFruit given the age of the average GTA player nowadays. I'm glad they're expanding their horizons and adding more diverse music to the game, hope Synthwave is next or a channel with some of the classics from III, VC & SA. You know, 20th anniversary and all.

I still can't believe we hit a Trillion dollars lol.

Now, R*, how about that NSX?

24 minutes ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

Mate, I can guarantee you one thing, that honorable status will drop to dishonorable in mere seconds.

Either that, or they would skip some questions and answer others. I mean the press has better chances of contacting Rockstar since they have direct contact with Rockstar's PR team. Despite that, countless attempts to clarify some concerns are met with no response.

I would have loved if Rockstar would've clarified more concerns of the community, but I still think this was a nice opportunity. Heck, if they were down to do this, hopefully they do more.

Edited by Tez2

Quinn_flower

did you asked about the lack of customizations in online? have they read the BBC article about this matter? Its been 8 years....

Where are the hard hitting questions?  

I wanted a pipebomb from you guys and just go all in and lay it to them. 

Edited by Quinn_flower

Marciliojunior01

i wish there was a little more talk about the cars themselves. They are the best batch we ever gotten in an update, and i think we should complement their work in this aspect. 

Overall tho, i am happy that they were even allowed to do this interview, i hope things like this happen at least once a year from now on, is nice to see the developer side of the picture and how they feel about their game :) 

Crateman

Very interesting stuff, cheers :), iam glad i found the forums back in 2019, sadly i did not before, but better later than ever...

• Like 3

CarimboHanky

not bad... i dont think R* realize how things could be a bit better if they communicate with their fan base, i know secrecy is what make R* so intriguing but doing Q&A every few months wont be a bad idea, i remember when they did a Q&A back in 2014? i though it was really cool and that it was something that will become a thing but it was a once and done deal.

• Like 3

universetwisters

Shame they're silent and saying nothing about the modding fiasco going on but other than that hellla

Halal Cyborg

You should have gone Jeremy Paxman on them ffs.

Ask them why they encourage toxic behaviour and encourage people to destroy peoples deliveries etc

Also ask them to remove KD or at least make suicide drama queens have those deaths count against it.

Also ask them what happened to the single player DLC and why they insist on forced bodykits on so many cars they added if they’re so immersed in car culture.

Claude_Lib

Since you say that you asked R* about GTA music, did you ask them why "Can't Hold Back (Your Lovin')" by Kano has been removed from Space 103.2?

Lucas wester

I Think its nice of R* to talk with the community

• Like 2

Thomas The Dank Engine
28 minutes ago, Claude_Lib said:

Since you say that you asked R* about GTA music, did you ask them why "Can't Hold Back (Your Lovin')" by Kano has been removed from Space 103.2?

Probably licence issues, expiration dates etc. 

Also, this article was a good read, props to you guys for actually getting in contact with Rockstar. Did you guys had to perform a blood oath beforehand? 

7 hours ago, Tez2 said:

Congrats, nice to see Rockstar reaching out to GTANet.

The community challenge was a nice touch to see. It's cool to see them planning more of these.

They used to get exclusive screenshots of the 3D games pre release

MrGTAmodsgerman

This feels so fake after another modding attack without any clear statements. In in terms of music, i would have asked why they haven't added any of those iconic early 2000's songs that fits to the tuners update so well.

Just like:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fidzy said:

They used to get exclusive screenshots of the 3D games pre release

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Rockstar send numerous screenshots to various sites prior to RDR2 release and one of them was GTANet?

I do recall the exclusive screenshots, but I assumed the trend still continued with RDR2 and would probably do so with GTA6. So, I didn't bother to mention that.

This felt like an interview with an abusive partner who does the bare minimum to keep you around but makes you feel like you owe them something just for the bother.