4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Take-Two vs The GTA Modding Community, 2021 E&E Edition

Ash_735

BananaSpud666
On 12/3/2021 at 9:58 AM, Claude_Lib said:

Ladies and gentlemen, before our very eyes, Take Two, the owner of the greatest piece of entertainment ever, the Grand Theft Auto video game series, is turning into a trademark bully.

Can't say im surprised

Literally say anything relating to them and they would hunt you down

• Like 6

On 12/4/2021 at 2:08 AM, dkluin said:

What else is new?

This doesn't wash their hands clean, considering that they've been on a takedown roll for the past 6 months.

Well It seems you'll have to go undercover, start using some website only reachable from the 'Tor Browser' and establish a modding community there.

Anyways, I wish the best for you, but I have a quick question dkluin, do you still have the scripts and files for the gta underground Roleplay server? would it work on SAMP? If so, would it be possible if I could use it?

Thanks and once again, good luck and have a good one.

• Like 2

GTA Underground is how I got into this forum. Since that got taken down, the entire GTA Underground section of the forum was also locked. I've been going crazy trying to find all the photo ops in Liberty City because the map that Miku Nakano put up on MediaFire isn't available anymore, and the guide that Crystalien put together is incomplete. I've actually been looking for ways to reach out to either of them about this. I need those snapshots.

On 12/20/2021 at 4:49 AM, H-G said:

@Ash_735 - Has there been any news on the re3 case? What's exactly going on right now?

Well, we'll just wait until they settle this one down. If Take-Two wins the case, we're all done.

Edited by DodgeSomrs

On 12/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, DodgeSomrs said:

Well, we'll just wait until they settle this one down. If Take-Two wins the case, we're all done.

The entire videogame modding community and maybe the open source/free software too. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, greggrulzok said:

The entire videogame modding community and maybe the open source/free software too. 

Hopefully not, I pray the re3 team wins this case and R*/T2 finish up with selling their sh*tty Trilogy DE soon so things can get back to normal.

On 12/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, H-G said:

Hopefully not, I pray the re3 team wins this case and R*/T2 finish up with selling their sh*tty Trilogy DE soon so things can get back to normal.

Fingers crossed, then. Maybe the Re3 guys will even continue up to San Andreas if they win.

Edited by Panzermann11

Modders need to use russian sites where any american company basically gets told to f*ck off.

Edited by Kocane

BS_BlackScout
1 hour ago, Kocane said:

Modders need to use russian sites where any american company basically gets told to f*ck off.

Yeah, like the impenetrable libertycity.ru 

Hah..

The scariest part is, the outcome of the re3 case will affect the whole modding community and not only GTA. Because if aap and the guys will be found guilty, the very next morning Nintendo will sue the guys who reverse-engineered Super Mario 64, and then who knows what else. This case is very important and it puts a lot of pressure on the poor defendants. I have all my fingers crossed for you guys.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, Kocane said:

wouldnt help, Take-Two has successfully DMCA'd a popular russian modding site

https://libertycity.ru/news/site/5170-take-two-snova-blokiruet-mody-na-nashem.html

Edited by Wakka387
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 2:03 AM, Kocane said:

LibertyCity.ru waved their white flag to Take-Two, so I've yet to see a GTA modding site actually stick a middle finger to Take-Two and refuse to take down any mods that might get C&D'd by T2.

Edited by Panzermann11
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 8:38 PM, DodgeSomrs said:

they won already, they released trash which shouldn't never been released to begin with

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kocane said:

Nah. You just keep silent, and make sure that only trusted people knows and have access to the stuff you do. Pretty much possible I'd say. Those dumbf*ck investigators can't have access to each and every privatge discord room, repository, shared disk or whatever.

• Like 1

The fact is that Libertycity.ru complied to the request. It would have been better if they would have told T2 to take their DMCA and f*ck off, honestly. Probably if the site was managed by someone else they would have ignored their request.

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act does not apply on Russian soil thus on any russian-hosted websites. Take-Two can't do anything to the content hosted there or to any DMCA-ignoring countries. If the owner of the site decides to surrender to T2, that is another different story.

Russia

If you decide to host a politically motivated website in Russia, the government will automatically shut it down. In recent years, bloggers and political figures in Russia who run such websites have been incarcerated. However, they don't pay any attention to any United States copyright laws. Russia is among the few countries where piracy is rampant and highly tolerated.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/dmca-ignored-countries

GooD-NTS got a letter from Russian lawyers in Take-Two's name for OpenIV, so...

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Well, sh*t. First of all, didn't Take Two say "okay, we'll let you be", and second, OpenIV hasn't been updated in year and a half, so why now?

EDIT. Damn, for a second I thought that OpenIV got hit again.

Edited by Claude_Lib
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Claude_Lib said:

Well, sh*t. First of all, didn't Take Two say "okay, we'll let you be", and second, OpenIV hasn't been updated in year and a half, so why now?

EDIT. Damn, for a second I thought that OpenIV got hit again.

Lmao no, I meant in 2017. :p 

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

greggrulzok
On 12/31/2021 at 4:30 PM, RoughD said:

I hope things will get better.

Perhaps here, things will be different..

Edited by greggrulzok

Wakka387

most likely a bad kind of different if 2021 is to be believed

FrankHessen

Bonjour!

Is contributing to a legal defense a possibility? Would not mind an option for cryptocurrencies either.

Lets win and not set a terrible precedent for open source modding projects 😞

Thanks

tony cibriani65

Hello, I'm new here and I heard about a mod called gta liberty city stories: pc edition, but I can't find it, is there anyone who can help me?

Claude_Lib
On 1/7/2022 at 1:37 AM, tony cibriani65 said:

Hello, I'm new here and I heard about a mod called gta liberty city stories: pc edition, but I can't find it, is there anyone who can help me?

It was developed (and sold) by Ryadica926, who got scared that Zeldick might come after him as well, so he shut everything down.

• Like 3

DodgeSomrs
16 hours ago, Claude_Lib said:

he shut everything down.

I think that Ryadica shutting down the mod is just temporary. I heard that the Re:LCS forum is hidden from plain sight in the forums while the RE lawsuit is still happening. If everything cools down then Ryadica can bring it back.

Also, he might be making updates in secret while the mod development is still on hold. I hope the mod gets a full update with bug fixes and more features.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DodgeSomrs said:

I think that Ryadica shutting down the mod is just temporary. I heard that the Re:LCS forum is hidden from plain sight in the forums while the RE lawsuit is still happening. If everything cools down then Ryadica can bring it back.

Also, he might be making updates in secret while the mod development is still on hold. I hope the mod gets a full update with bug fixes and more features.

I hope so.

But all of his other standalone mods like Taxi Driver Randomizer, SA/LCS Crosshair etc. are gone too, I don't get it.🤔

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 6:20 PM, Claude_Lib said:

It was developed (and sold) by Ryadica926, who got scared that Zeldick might come after him as well, so he shut everything down.

Actually he got a DMCA takedown too, so he had to take it down

• Like 3

Lock n' Stock

So Take-Twat have now purchased Zynga. Expect more whoring out the ass for free-to-play mobile crap.