2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Take-Two vs The GTA Modding Community, 2021 E&E Edition

Ash_735

The petition now has over 700 signatures, now will this make T2 realise the errors of their ways? Ofcourse not... But will it raise awareness of how corrupt they are? Maybe..

1 hour ago, Claude_Lib said:

I still don't understand why they're doing this. The files already leaked. They can only build a time machine now to prevent that from happening.

ah so this is why they're suing modders for their lifetime's worth of money, this poor indie company needs to fund research for personal time machines so they can "correct" their mistakes

let's all buy shark cards to show support and solidarity 837464175763521567.png?size=96

Lock n' Stock
1 hour ago, ShadowOfThePast said:

ClYCLTa.png

ohh boii, here we go again ....

I hope Take-Turd burns to the ground. Both figuratively and literally.

1 hour ago, ShadowOfThePast said:

ClYCLTa.png

ohh boii, here we go again ....

Take [email protected] really wants to compete with EA and Activision as worst game publisher. Let's sue modders who have done better work with mods than Take Two ever can do with games.

MeatSafeMurderer
On 11/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, UncleRico69 said:

Also, one who download a mod on PC may not feel the need to buy the upcoming remaster.

No, I don't feel the need to buy the "remaster" because it's a crock of sh*t. Not only that but there are games I bought solely because I could mod them...that's a gained sale.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, MeatSafeMurderer said:

No, I don't feel the need to buy the "remaster" because it's a crock of sh*t. Not only that but there are games I bought solely because I could mod them...that's a gained sale.

You guys can piss and moan all day. I'm right and you're wrong. Evidence? Take-Two taking down mods. Because it threatens their business. Because of the reasons I already mentioned.

Go cry in a corner. Build your own games. Quit being unoriginal.

29 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I hope Take-Turd burns to the ground. Both figuratively and literally.

But you're going to continue posting on a forum dedicated to their greatest product: Grand Theft Auto.

You guys are hilarious. If you want to boycott the company boycott its products. Which means boycott Grand Theft Auto. To boycott GTA would be to totally distance yourself from the game. Posting on forums all day? Yeah, that's not distancing yourselves. That's consuming a product. You're a consoomer of Take Two's product but you cry about Take-Two.

How is that going for all of you? Accomplishing much? 

Edited by UncleRico69

MeatSafeMurderer
1 minute ago, UncleRico69 said:

You guys can piss and moan all day. I'm right and you're wrong. Evidence? Take-Two taking down mods. Because it threatens their business. Because of the reasons I already mentioned.

You can piss and moan all day. I'm right and you're wrong. Evidence? Bethesda / CDPR / Capcom / any number of other publishers not taking down mods. Because it doesn't threaten their business. Because of the reasons I and many others have already mentioned.

Go cry in a corner. Shill your own games. Quit being a fanboy.

Just now, MeatSafeMurderer said:

Quit being a fanboy.

"I hate you Take-Two! You are meanies! I'll keep posting on the GTA forums though!"

Don't forget to add a "reaction" to my post. Not a fun forum experience without memes, right?!

5 minutes ago, UncleRico69 said:

But you're going to continue posting on a forum dedicated to their greatest product: Grand Theft Auto.

You guys are hilarious. If you want to boycott the company boycott its products. Which means boycott Grand Theft Auto. To boycott GTA would be to totally distance yourself from the game. Posting on forums all day? Yeah, that's not distancing yourselves. That's consuming a product. You're a consoomer of Take Two's product but you cry about Take-Two.

Are you accomplishing much either, joining a community solely to be a contrarian?

Lock n' Stock
10 minutes ago, UncleRico69 said:

Are you finished?

Edited by Lock n' Stock

MeatSafeMurderer
Just now, UncleRico69 said:

"I hate you Take-Two! You are meanies! I'll keep posting on the GTA forums though!"

*That are not owned or affiliated with Rockstar or Take-Two. Posting here makes them no money. It also costs me nothing. Also just because I now despise Take-Two and Rockstar and refuse to further financially support them does not mean I have not done so in the past. In a move that I'm sure nobody on the GTAForums will be shocked about I once...*shock horror*...bought GTA games.

Just because I'm boycotting them now doesn't mean I have to stop playing or talking about the games I already paid for. In fact to do so would be to give Take-Two the satisfaction of taking my money for nothing. No...I intend to play the games I already own...and I'll do so with as many illicit modifications as I like, regardless of what you or Take-Two have to say about it.

22 minutes ago, UncleRico69 said:

Mods removed/hit with a DMCA:

- RDR in V because the RDR map is in RDRII.

- Liberty City in V because of a possible inclusion of it to GTA Online.

- re3/reVC because of the new "remasters".

- A save file because... What kind of threat does a freaking save file do to their business?

22 minutes ago, UncleRico69 said:

1) I'm gonna go cry in a corner because T2 is, somehow, losing money because of a save file.

2) I'm not interested in building my own game, but thanks for the suggestion.

3) Ah, yes because GTA Online going from a "classic criminal" game to "save the planet from an AI thingy" and in the end turning into a worse clone of Saints Row is what i would call being original.

Edited by Alex106

Lock n' Stock
17 minutes ago, UncleRico69 said:

How does it threaten their business? Lmao just think of all the money they make from GTA Online alone, yet some mods for a game that's about 20 years old supposedly threatens their business, enough to make them send private investigators to modder's homes and also sue them for thousands.

And the irony of you attacking us for voicing our concerns while you're also here defending them and their abhorrent practices like a good little unpaid shill. I'm sure Zelnick is very proud of you. 🤣

Piss off.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

2 minutes ago, MeatSafeMurderer said:

*That are not owned or affiliated with Rockstar or Take-Two. Posting here makes them no money. It also costs me nothing. Also just because I now despise Take-Two and Rockstar and refuse to further financially support them does not mean I have not done so in the past. In a move that I'm sure nobody on the GTAForums will be shocked about I once...*shock horror*...bought GTA games.

Just because I'm boycotting them now doesn't mean I have to stop playing or talking about the games I already paid for. In fact to do so would be to give Take-Two the satisfaction of taking my money for nothing. No...I intend to play the games I already own...and I'll do so with as many illicit modifications as I like, regardless of what you or Take-Two have to say about it.

Of course this website is not affiliated with Take-Two. But it's a forum about Take-Two's greatest product. You guys piss and moan all day in this thread (no lie) talking about how evil this company is. But you are immersing yourselves in their most cherished product by way of these forums. Then you go and actually play the game.

Why not just say f*ck it, f*ck you Take-Two, and throw out your games and never talk about them again? Thats what someone would do if they really hated the company. And by the way I never said I was against modding. I am against people crying about Take-Two though. Very annoying.

ShadowOfThePast

Guys, guys, relax ! This is Take 2 after you mod their game:

pv419Zn.jpg

:shillkek: :sadkek:

MeatSafeMurderer
Just now, UncleRico69 said:

Why not just say f*ck it, f*ck you Take-Two, and throw out your games and never talk about them again?

Because I'm not retarded.

3 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

And the irony of you attacking us for voicing our concerns while you're also here defending them and their abhorrent practices like a good little unpaid shill. I'm sure Zelnick is very proud of you. 🤣

"Waaaah! I hate you take-two!

Anyone got GTA 6 news?!"

Now is the time I insert my meme and ask people if I'm funny yet, right?1

1 minute ago, UncleRico69 said:

Of course this website is not affiliated with Take-Two. But it's a forum about Take-Two's greatest product. You guys piss and moan all day in this thread (no lie) talking about how evil this company is. But you are immersing yourselves in their most cherished product by way of these forums. Then you go and actually play the game.

Why not just say f*ck it, f*ck you Take-Two, and throw out your games and never talk about them again? Thats what someone would do if they really hated the company. And by the way I never said I was against modding. I am against people crying about Take-Two though. Very annoying.

Ok Zelnick. Log off.

Just now, MeatSafeMurderer said:

Because I'm not retarded.

You've been a member here for 10 years. Thousands of posts I presume. You have dedicated a significant portion of your real life to this video game forum. Bet you couldn't even change a tire on a car. But you can bitch and moan about a corporation while using their product. 

You're retarded. 

I've seen some mental conversations on the forum in my time here but this one is up there. It's like both sides agree with each other overall but disagree with each other other one or two aspects of the overall point and are willing to naked mud wrestle to the death over it.

Eitherway, calm yer tits man.

Lock n' Stock
7 minutes ago, UncleRico69 said:

Why not let us talk about them however the f*ck we want? If you're against it so much, you're more than welcome to f*ck off somewhere else.

Edited by Lock n' Stock
  • Like 5

That was certainly an interesting meltdown... I was gonna hide it all but let's leave that to set an example of what you should not do in a thread, let people discuss their things in peace or disagree respectfully, aye? Thanks!

They won't be replying here for a while so no need to continue feeding it!

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

2 minutes ago, UncleRico69 said:

You've been a member here for 10 years. Thousands of posts I presume. You have dedicated a significant portion of your real life to this video game forum. Bet you couldn't even change a tire on a car. But you can bitch and moan about a corporation while using their product. 

You're retarded. 

You've been here for what, 5 days and wanna come at people's necks for being critical of a company they've once respected/dedicated so much time to?

Look, even as someone who can give companies the benefit of the doubt when it comes to products they've spent time developing, the way Take 2/R* has been treating their community at this point is just abysmal. I could forgive them pimping out GTA Online, rereleasing the same games over and over with slight polish, them protecting their intellectual property over the take down of mods, because they have that "right", but with all of those things combined makes me, and others justifably, believe that they have anti consumer practices, and the same way they have a right to do whatever as a business, we have the right as a consumer to discuss and raise awareness of these shady practices, because I'm telling you, we want to love Rockstar/T2 but not if they don't respect us as consumers, which they haven't.

13 minutes ago, UncleRico69 said:

But it's a forum about Take-Two's greatest product.

*Rockstar's product. The disconnected executives had nothing to do with any of what made the series great, mind you.

• Like 6

MeatSafeMurderer
3 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

They won't be replying here for a while so no need to continue feeding it!

9bcbab47-ca17-424b-b650-87950bbb9b4a_tex

He'll be back...they always are. Honestly it's hard to tell if some people genuinely believe the crap they spew, if they're just there to stir the pot. Regardless I think I speak for everyone when I say...good riddance.

To be honest, his behavior is not far from behaviors of some streamers... I don't know why people get so hectic.

• Like 2

Igor Bogdanoff

I dont get it. Why is take2 paying defenders to defend em on some f*cking interwebz forumz, instead of paying decent devs to make decent trilogy remaster.

:adminkek: