4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Take-Two vs The GTA Modding Community, 2021 E&E Edition

Ash_735

4 hours ago, El Dorado said:

mans meat to mans heat seems intentional to me

Wouldn't be surprised, with them removing the confederate flag, other things like that would be changed as well. Same goes with the "Guitar Wank Booths" as well. Gotta get rid of the edgy humor, it might offend Twitter!~

2 hours ago, Claude_Lib said:

It widely used unfitting textures that were taken from either GTA IV

Oh just like how Grove Street Games took assets from V. And then butchered everything else from the OG games.

Edited by Moth

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

You do know that Take2 aren't going to do sh*t regarding a petition, right? They don't f*cking care, you are just a bag of money to them. Now if you had a way to tank their stock price, then they would care. 

DVf9mQs.png

1 minute ago, Moth said:

You do know that Take2 aren't going to do sh*t regarding a petition, right? They don't f*cking care, you are just a bag of money to them. Now if you had a way to tank their stock price, then they would care. 

I'm not counting on Take2 giving a fuss about us, this petition is about raising more awareness and discouraging potential modders from migrating to GTA: DE.

Rockstar doesn't deserve modders doing unpaid and unappreciated work for them.

16 minutes ago, Moth said:

or even better, make sure the music industry knows about R* releasing unlicensed music though their DE. If there's one industry you don't f*ck with, it's the music industry.

19 minutes ago, deathdealer said:

or even better, make sure the music industry knows about R* releasing unlicensed music though their DE. If there's one industry you don't f*ck with, it's the music industry.

That's the best way to destroy Rockstar Games and Take 2 since the music industry is ruthless.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, deathdealer said:

Well, getting showed by the music industry would tank their stocks. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Grove Street Games get shuttered after that massive f*ckup that could cost Take2 millions. 

• Like 4

DVf9mQs.png

52 minutes ago, RzDat said:

I'm not counting on Take2 giving a fuss about us, this petition is about raising more awareness and discouraging potential modders from migrating to GTA: DE.

Rockstar doesn't deserve modders doing unpaid and unappreciated work for them.

From what I've seen, the openness of Trilogy seems to be a welcome treasure trove for modders, isn't discouraging it just giving T2 what they want? The botched launch has caused other protest regardless, through refunds and metacritic review bombing, though I guess that isn't about modding specifically.

• Like 4

fib_ufo_small.png

6 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

From what I've seen, the openness of Trilogy seems to be a welcome treasure trove for modders, isn't discouraging it just giving T2 what they want? The botched launch has caused other protest regardless, through refunds and metacritic review bombing, though I guess that isn't about modding specifically.

While you're here, this topic is one of the most active on the entire board and it is about a very essential issue regarding GTA community. Don't you think it's best it should be stickied?

10 minutes ago, Maelubiyet said:

While you're here, this topic is one of the most active on the entire board and it is about a very essential issue regarding GTA community. Don't you think it's best it should be stickied?

I've now "featured" the topic so it has a special star icon besides it. 

fib_ufo_small.png

54 minutes ago, SKMania said:

That's the best way to destroy Rockstar Games and Take 2 since the music industry is ruthless.

The system destroying itself from within. Communism rise.

So we are getting hot coffee back right? It’s in the code still. Just the assets need to be recreated.

8 minutes ago, Quinn_flower said:

So we are getting hot coffee back right? It’s in the code still. Just the assets need to be recreated.

If the new character models are anything to go by, that might just turn me off sex forever. 

14 minutes ago, Quinn_flower said:

I think that may be the main reason why they pulled the PC versions :kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw:

GSG left that in :fartkek:

• Best Bru 1
  • KEKW 1

25 minutes ago, Zello said:

I think that may be the main reason why they pulled the PC versions :kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw:

GSG left that in :fartkek:

It's the music that they left in that's more likely the problem. Cyberpunk and other games have more detailed sex scenes than hot coffee. 

DVf9mQs.png

13 hours ago, Shane_Dbns said:

GTA 3 remade on RDR2's version of RAGE would have been amazing. Add Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics and it would be God tier

Maybe for it's 30th Anniversary 😔

It would be good, with keeping similar dark theme as base GTA 4 or TLAD, not colorful one from TBOGT. Plus additional content from LCS aswell.

• Like 3

ShadowOfThePast
10 hours ago, Carbonox said:

It's like a gift that keeps on giving, except nobody ever wanted this specific gift.

Look at it more realistically, at least we have memes and sh*t for the next 10 or whatever years they have said. Better to have this type of entertainment than be left with nothing. :jkek:

8 hours ago, Kirsty said:

The uncompiled scm is a gold mine for people who are interested in seeing loads of stuff that can also be useful for the OG trilogy - but then again people are still expecting modders to "fix" the Definitive Edition. Why risk their neck again? why extend the lifeline of a game that came as a "replacement" for modders? If that's what Take Two wants then fine, there's nothing wrong with warning other people from the risks of modding GTA games especially when Rockstar became worse than Nintendo when it comes to fan content.

ShadowOfThePast
20 hours ago, Claude_Lib said:

Personally, I think the boycott petition is not really needed, the trilogy is basically boycotting itself for us, but it's nice that it got some real attention recently.

What petition I think we need is the one demanding that R* relist the OG games.

I don't really know what you guys want to do more, whenever you go, Trilogy have its reputation shredded into pieces, YouTube ? Yep, almost every single video, Streamers, checked, hell even gaming outlets joined our side (for now) which I think usually is not the case. The only people who gave this game a very positive look so far are DreamcastGuy and from what I heard Gameranx too.

You know the sh*t is really bad when kotaku tweets this:

kes3oRM.png

18 hours ago, Doublepulse said:

After hearing that the supposed hot coffee files are still in the game would be like Christmas morning for the person to unlock it and post gameplay of it through the switch version. Think of the YouTube views on that one lmaooo

Yes, the hot coffee script remains in the game files, however, animations and textures are missing, to enable this code and get it working you would need to add some missing files back like I mentioned earlier. In addition to this you would also need to have a "modified" switch as tampering with the game image would be required.

I'm pretty sure that R* not letting those who bought the trilogy on PC play it has nothing to do with the unlicensed soundtrack or hot coffee code, because apparently, both of these were actually present in WarDrum's 10th Anniversary edition for the mobile phones and even the later release for the consoles. The soundtrack was disabled by code (but can actually be enabled again) and hot coffee simply doesn't work, because nothing else needed for it, like animations, was present.

ShadowOfThePast
14 hours ago, Moth said:

Now if you had a way to tank their stock price, then they would care. 

pv419Zn.jpg

Spoiler

z05vm3v.jpg

xok8Lb1.png

:shillkek: :sadkek:

27 minutes ago, Claude_Lib said:

I'm pretty sure that R* not letting those who bought the trilogy on PC play it has nothing to do with the unlicensed soundtrack or hot coffee code, because apparently, both of these were actually present in WarDrum's 10th Anniversary edition for the mobile phones and even the later release for the consoles. The soundtrack was disabled by code (but can actually be enabled again) and hot coffee simply doesn't work, because nothing else needed for it, like animations, was present.

it's 100% because they are removing the uncompiled files and encrypting the pak files.

ShadowOfThePast
2 minutes ago, RRT94 said:

it's 100% because they are removing the uncompiled files and encrypting the pak files.

Is that what they are doing ? Any sources that can confirm this ? On the other side, it's pretty much too late for this anyway, a milk has been spilled and all the files are all over the internet as well as I think Switch cartridge contains some portion of it too, not to mention that a "dubious copies" of it are mostly flying all over the internet too.

What has been done was done and further actions from Rockstar like not allowing players to play their purchased games because they decided to do a "maintenance" at the last minute would damage their reputation even further.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, ShadowOfThePast said:

Is that what they are doing ? Any sources that can confirm this ? On the other side, it's pretty much too late for this anyway, a milk has been spilled and all the files are all over the internet as well as I think Switch cartridge contains some portion of it too, not to mention that a "dubious copies" of it are mostly flying all over the internet too.

What has been done was done and further actions from Rockstar like not allowing players to play their purchased games because they decided to do a "maintenance" at the last minute would damage their reputation even further.

giphy.gif

Not related to PC release but Vadim M. on twitter says day 1 patch for switch version has removed the uncompiled files and encrypted the paks. Don't see any reason why they wouldn't the same with PC version.

• Realistic Steak! 4

11 minutes ago, ShadowOfThePast said:

giphy.gif

They did it with the Switch version, they're probably doing it with the PC version also

• Like 2

I still don't understand why they're doing this. The files already leaked. They can only build a time machine now to prevent that from happening.

It’s never ending.. I’m trying to understand the trend here with the mods they seem to be removing but it really is starting to look like they are pulling a Nintendo and don’t want any mods out there. 

I think from now on, I’m just gonna download all my favorite mods onto a drive and just keep them there. 

What I gather is that any mods that take the maps, code from another rockstar game to reverse engineer into one is a no no. Putting it on a platform that it was not intended to by the devs or publishers isn’t allowed either. 
BUT A f*ckING SAVE FILE!?!?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ShadowOfThePast said:

ClYCLTa.png

ohh boii, here we go again ....

"I'd give up now if I was you!"