Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Criminal Enterprises
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

The Grand Theft Auto VI ""Leak"" Archive


Len Lfc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Scott Ransom

Whats interesting abut that 4chan leak is the very specific details about the protagonists brother having a pet parakeet. Not saying that alone makes it legit but those very specific smaller details are very interesting - it was the same with that RDR2 leak where it had very specific details about a mini game where you help birth a horse, which of course turned out to be true. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
1 hour ago, Scott Ransom said:

Whats interesting abut that 4chan leak is the very specific details about the protagonists brother having a pet parakeet. Not saying that alone makes it legit but those very specific smaller details are very interesting - it was the same with that RDR2 leak where it had very specific details about a mini game where you help birth a horse, which of course turned out to be true. 

 

 

The female protagonist has a cousin who has a pet alligator called Clive and he feeds a rival gang member to it. You then have to clean up the mess with a blood cleaning minigame. The devs in the office thought that was hilarious, but needed some work. I just made that up. See how easy it is?

  • YEE 1
  • Bruh 1
  • KEKW 1

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scott Ransom
1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

The female protagonist has a cousin who has a pet alligator called Clive and he feeds a rival gang member to it. You then have to clean up the mess with a blood cleaning minigame. The devs in the office thought that was hilarious, but needed some work. I just made that up. See how easy it is?

 

What a ridiculous post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spider-Vice

You making a post simply to point that out doesn't help either, does it?

  • Like 1
  • Best Bru 1
  • WTF?! 1

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
57 minutes ago, Scott Ransom said:

What a ridiculous post. 

The point simply being, just because something has specific details, doesn't mean it's real or interesting. We've seen people put in hours of work into some pretty impressive looking fake leaks (not just GTA). Specific details in comparison mean nothing.

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Scott Ransom said:

Whats interesting abut that 4chan leak is the very specific details about the protagonists brother having a pet parakeet. Not saying that alone makes it legit but those very specific smaller details are very interesting - it was the same with that RDR2 leak where it had very specific details about a mini game where you help birth a horse, which of course turned out to be true. 

Anyone can say anything about a game that hasn't even been properly revealed yet.

That RDR2 leak pretty much flew under the radar for the most part before its release. Only after it came out, people started realising it was the real deal.

It's literally impossible to verify those specific details at this stage, and probably would remain so until we get our hands on VI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

The female protagonist has a cousin, Crockett, who has a pet alligator called Clive Elvis

Hey, I think we have something legit here-

14358861_251896475211893_409786160531374

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...I might be misremembering but there was no horse birthing minigame in RDR2 lol.

 

The RDR2 reddit was leak was rather vague as well. There was a character name and a rough overview of some of the bigger plans but really no specifics.

  • Bruh 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

...I might be misremembering but there was no horse birthing minigame in RDR2 lol.

 

The RDR2 reddit was leak was rather vague as well. There was a character name and a rough overview of some of the bigger plans but really no specifics.

There was. That leak was legit.

 

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oooooh yea, I completely forgot about that whole part of the epilogue lol.

 

But anyway, the old rule that never fails is if that it reads like a wishlist then it's a wishlist. Leaks very rarely go into specifics.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc

Completely agree. Which is why that was was so surprising that it ended up true.

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GTA-Freak-Vi

He, much like Jesus was downvoted for telling the truth 

 

He also mentioned in one of his posts about rockstar remaking old cities used previously. Obviously we now know vice city is one of them, Liberty city might be the other. Times Square at night on rage 9 would look incredible 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yannerrins
5 hours ago, GTA-Freak-Vi said:

He, much like Jesus was downvoted for telling the truth 

 

He also mentioned in one of his posts about rockstar remaking old cities used previously. Obviously we now know vice city is one of them, Liberty city might be the other. Times Square at night on rage 9 would look incredible 

But Jason mentioned that GTA VI will have only one city at the start... 

 

... Liberty City DLC confirmed? :jkek:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GTA-Freak-Vi
2 hours ago, Yannerrins said:

But Jason mentioned that GTA VI will have only one city at the start... 

 

... Liberty City DLC confirmed? :jkek:

As much as reputable Jason is, I'm still hopeful on rockstar releasing 2 major cities or so on release day. That would really exceed our expectations but since they've addressed the crunch issues and whatnot, it'll probably get included in a DLC expansion.  I'm hoping it will have some single player missions as well. Heck, we might be able to play as an older Niko Belic(with a new VA) like how watchdogs did with aiden pierce although that's wishful thinking :sadkek:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scott Ransom
11 hours ago, Zapper said:

Anyone can say anything about a game that hasn't even been properly revealed yet.

That RDR2 leak pretty much flew under the radar for the most part before its release. Only after it came out, people started realising it was the real deal.

It's literally impossible to verify those specific details at this stage, and probably would remain so until we get our hands on VI.

 

The thing is mate, I never actually said that leak was gospel - I just said those smaller minute details were interesting, especially considering that the mentioned RDR2 leak contained similar smaller details, wether it went under the radar or not is irrelevant - it was still a leak.

11 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

Completely agree. Which is why that was was so surprising that it ended up true.

 

Oh so you some what agree with what I was saying then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GRANDHEIST
5 hours ago, GTA-Freak-Vi said:

I'm still hopeful on rockstar releasing 2 major cities or so on release day. 

At least it should have island like Bahamas

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drummer98
9 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

At least it should have island like Bahamas

Or something like Tampa or Orlando. GTA VI will be the only GTA for the next 10/15 years, so I expect it to have at least two big cities. It’s gonna be a huge disappointment if R* ultimately decides to stick with Vice City only.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drummer98
6 hours ago, GTA-Freak-Vi said:

As much as reputable Jason is, I'm still hopeful on rockstar releasing 2 major cities or so on release day. That would really exceed our expectations but since they've addressed the crunch issues and whatnot, it'll probably get included in a DLC expansion.  I'm hoping it will have some single player missions as well. Heck, we might be able to play as an older Niko Belic(with a new VA) like how watchdogs did with aiden pierce although that's wishful thinking :sadkek:

Actually, at first, just by reading his tweets and comments, he sounds like a very arrogant guy. Sure he has lots of connections and can have loads of infos if he wants to, but imo he doesn’t really know everything about GTA VI. I remember when back in 2020, he said that the game was just at the early stages of development, which wasn’t true at all. Later, when R* officially announced that they’re working at the game and that it is in full development, he suddenly stated that he wasn’t surprised at all and that he expects the game to be fully revealed this year. A little smartass, don’t you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GTA-Freak-Vi
51 minutes ago, Drummer98 said:

Actually, at first, just by reading his tweets and comments, he sounds like a very arrogant guy. Sure he has lots of connections and can have loads of infos if he wants to, but imo he doesn’t really know everything about GTA VI. I remember when back in 2020, he said that the game was just at the early stages of development, which wasn’t true at all. Later, when R* officially announced that they’re working at the game and that it is in full development, he suddenly stated that he wasn’t surprised at all and that he expects the game to be fully revealed this year. A little smartass, don’t you think?

I actually don't know much about him apart from that article he released on R* and crunch culture years ago. That's a bold statement he made on VI being in early development. If anything they probably started working on it fully in 2018. 

 

But I'm still holding on to rockstar surprising us with a much bigger world. Part of me thinks his article was a controlled "leak" to see how we as fans would react. I just hope the northern part (Liberty city and maybe Carcer(?) Will still make it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
1 hour ago, Drummer98 said:

back in 2020, he said that the game was just at the early stages of development, which wasn’t true at all. Later, when R* officially announced that they’re working at the game and that it is in full development, he suddenly stated that he wasn’t surprised at all and that he expects the game to be fully revealed this year. A little smartass, don’t you think?

Not really. Back in 2020, GTA VI had likely been in full production for a little over a year, not long after RDR2 shipped. Something can have been in "some form of productions since 2014" (basically pre-production, meetings, discussions, concepting, throwing around ideas, etc) and then not enter full production until later in 2019. By that logic it would still be early in production if you consider the percentage of completion on the project. And that doesn't even take into account the changes to the working culture, and plans that may have been changed that would alter their plans for GTA VI; Such as a "smaller" game to mitigate crunch and delays, as well as employee welfare. Keep in mind that; 

  1. That was over two years ago.
  2. The game is still at least 2 years away, according to developers familiar with the project.
  3. It still hasn't been officially announced yet.

If GTA VI releases at the end of 2024, then that would mean that GTA VI was in early stages of development 4 years before it released. Which adds up.

 

I think it's a matter of how you look at things. If something is in pre-production for 6 years, do you still consider it "early in production" when it enters full production?

  • Like 2

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MaddenedGhost
7 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

Not really. Back in 2020, GTA VI had likely been in full production for a little over a year, not long after RDR2 shipped. Something can have been in "some form of productions since 2014" (basically pre-production, meetings, discussions, concepting, throwing around ideas, etc) and then not enter full production until later in 2019. By that logic it would still be early in production if you consider the percentage of completion on the project. And that doesn't even take into account the changes to the working culture, and plans that may have been changed that would alter their plans for GTA VI; Such as a "smaller" game to mitigate crunch and delays, as well as employee welfare. Keep in mind that; 

  1. That was over two years ago.
  2. The game is still at least 2 years away, according to developers familiar with the project.
  3. It still hasn't been officially announced yet.

If GTA VI releases at the end of 2024, then that would mean that GTA VI was in early stages of development 4 years before it released. Which adds up.

 

I think it's a matter of how you look at things. If something is in pre-production for 6 years, do you still consider it "early in production" when it enters full production?

It's a little difficult for me to accept that by that time, GTAVI will only have had 4 years of dev time, RDR2 had 8, I don't think GTAVI will have less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
43 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It's a little difficult for me to accept that by that time, GTAVI will only have had 4 years of dev time, RDR2 had 8, I don't think GTAVI will have less.

RDR2 had 5. GTA V released in 2013, remember. RDR2 released 5 years later. Pre-production overlaps, but we're talking full production. To put it another way, it's like saying RDR2 was in early development in early 2015, even though it had been in some form of production since early 2011. It wouldn't release for over 3 years.

 

I'm not saying that as absolute fact, btw. More just to give a better idea or understanding of the situation.

  • Like 2

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

Not really. Back in 2020, GTA VI had likely been in full production for a little over a year, not long after RDR2 shipped. Something can have been in "some form of productions since 2014" (basically pre-production, meetings, discussions, concepting, throwing around ideas, etc) and then not enter full production until later in 2019. By that logic it would still be early in production if you consider the percentage of completion on the project. And that doesn't even take into account the changes to the working culture, and plans that may have been changed that would alter their plans for GTA VI; Such as a "smaller" game to mitigate crunch and delays, as well as employee welfare.

The whole debate of me & Yan against Jason turned out to be nothing more than us having old info and Jason having recent info.

 

Based on what we have and inside info, VI was in the ideas phase around late 2012. Entered full production around 2014-2015. Production slowed down around RDR2's release. Then, around late 2018 / early 2019, VI went thru a reboot.

 

The internal documents we had and what the developers said showed that RDR2 passed pre-production before GTAV released.

 

Spoiler

  

On 4/17/2020 at 5:35 PM, Ash_735 said:

Which is an assumption, but most of us know that GTA Next was planned as far back as 2012 when it already had a skeleton crew working on it with ideas for locations, etc, so again unless they've scrapped all of that work and restarted the project much later there is no way GTA6 could be in "early" development.

 

On 4/17/2020 at 5:46 PM, Ash_735 said:

Which again, Rockstar work on multiple projects (or used to) and have it set up in a structured way, for example at the time of that document...

 

MAIN PROJECT: Grand Theft Auto V

SIDE PROJECT 1: GTAV DLC (Smaller crew, pre-production complete, plans already outlined)

SIDE PROJECT 2: Red Dead Redemption II (Project Remorse) (pre-production was complete, plans already outlined)
MINOR PROJECT 1: Project Medieval (Early planning, 10-20 people, outlining phase)

MINOR PROJECT 2: GTA NEXT (Early Planning, ideas phase)

 

By the time Red Dead Redemption II was released, GTA Next should've been the companies sole SIDE project (since GTAV SP DLC was cancelled and Project Medieval went MIA), and NOW it should be the companies MAIN project that's been worked on for the past two-ish years.

 

On 4/17/2020 at 6:17 PM, Ash_735 said:

No, it's an 8 year old document by this point, sh*t has already changed and a lot of what was planned fell to the side, I'm still bitter about the GTAV SP DLC. IF it ends up in one of those places then so be it but it can't be taken as a certainty anymore.

 

 

Edited by Tez2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They cut mexico and guarma content for rdr2 and never got release at least GTA VI will get expansions map at least for the online part

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MaddenedGhost
18 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

RDR2 had 5. GTA V released in 2013, remember. RDR2 released 5 years later. Pre-production overlaps, but we're talking full production. To put it another way, it's like saying RDR2 was in early development in early 2015, even though it had been in some form of production since early 2011. It wouldn't release for over 3 years.

 

I'm not saying that as absolute fact, btw. More just to give a better idea or understanding of the situation.

I am taking the whole thing, 8 years.

 

Not sure where you got the 5 year thing from, but even if we go by it, comparing it to your previous post, it's putting GTAVI at 4 years, which is less than RDR2, thus a little bit difficult to believe.

Edited by The_Ghost
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

Based on what we have and inside info, VI was in the ideas phase around late 2012. Entered full production around 2014-2015. Production slowed down around RDR2's release. Then, around late 2018 / early 2019, VI went thru a reboot.

Yeah, that was related to this memo/document, right?

 

Quote

GTA NEXT - full production 60 people + 10 os - full production team

Miami - whats new?
Small town gta - tight stories, scheduled characters, ridiculous levels of ambience, every home interior modelled. Every building enterable. More realism - if your wanted you are on the run for a while.
Vegas 1970s- CASINO?
Somewhere snowy - chicago/detroit
Mexico City

 

Oh and I have a lot of time and respect for you & Yan. If anything I say ever comes off the wrong way, I apologize. I just usually trust Jason 100% and have to imagine whatever he hears from people he speaks to is more accurate or recent. My own speculation of GTA VI's production is mostly based on the version they're currently working on/planning to release. When talking about what's changed or been rebooted... That's too much unknown and "what if" to really speculate on, for me. But yes, going back as far as 2012, yeah. I still have that note saved (not the full document, though)

Edited by Len Lfc

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
4 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Not sure where you got the 5 year thing from

Because these games are done by 'Rockstar Sudios', now. It used to be each studio would work on their own games and why we got a game every year from Rockstar. But after GTA V, they all worked on one game (RDR2) together. So if RDR2 is being worked on by everyone, GTA VI wouldn't have the full focus of all their studios until RDR2 is wrapping up in 2018. Similar with RDR2, post GTA V. While Rockstar are finalizing GTA V, RDR2 wasn't in full production across all studios until GTA V released. Roger Clark didn't begin shooting until August 2013. So RDR2 wasn't really in development for 8 year, not exactly. That is my point. Development is just a broad term. But we're getting lost on the point that Jason only said GTA VI was early in development in around April 2020, which I think is fair to say. Jason speak to actual developers who know more than us. If who he spoke to told him it was still early in development, then sorry but that was true.

  • Like 2

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DisCrafted
16 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Yeah, that was related to this memo/document, right?

Interesting how they ended up going with what appeared to be the least likely option to end up with (at the time). Was it Benzies who said Miami was mostly interesting due to the 80's era in an interview? I wonder if they'll revisit any of these ideas in the future though.

Edited by DisCrafted
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Len Lfc
10 minutes ago, DisCrafted said:

Interesting how they ended up going with what appeared to be the least likely option to end up with (at the time). Was it Benzies who said Miami was mostly interesting due to the 80's era in an interview? I wonder if they'll revisit any of these ideas in the future though.

Yeah, that was Leslie. Although, Miami wasn't the least likely, IIRC. The "What's new?" wasn't a dismissive remark, but rather a genuine question. Which is quite exciting.

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.