The Grand Theft Auto VI ""Leak"" Archive

Len Lfc

On 2/16/2023 at 10:14 PM, Tez2 said:

I am sure a keypoint of the brainstorming behind VI is to have more depth than scale. The sense of liveliness within the city would be more with the scale of accessible interiors.

So they going for the GTA IV approach more than the V.

1 hour ago, Matushka said:

So they going for the GTA IV approach more than the V.

The map will still be larger than V's, and looking at the leaks, they're working with RDR2 (and V) as the base.

5 hours ago, Zapper said:

The map will still be larger than V's, and looking at the leaks, they're working with RDR2 (and V) as the base.

Yeah no sh.

What I mean is that they're gonna go quality, like they did with IV (where instead of having the whole of NY state, or well the parody of it) they went for a detailed Liberty city instead.

5 minutes ago, Matushka said:

Yeah no sh.

What I mean is that they're gonna go quality, like they did with IV (where instead of having the whole of NY state, or well the parody of it) they went for a detailed Liberty city instead.

No. What I'm saying is that despite being massively ahead technically, IV's map was smaller in scope and scale compared to its predecessor SA, which isn't going to be the case with V and VI.

IV having a smaller map and fewer features than SA was a result of it being their first open world RAGE title and only spending 3.5 years on the entire development. From what we've seen and heard so far, V to VI is more along the lines of RDR1 to RDR2, where the map size is moderately larger compared to the predecessor (RDR2's map is only 1.5 times larger than RDR1 when you exclude the remade RDR1 part of the map) while immensely improving the level of simulation and bespoke details. Also, there is a two-generation hardware gap between V and VI, unlike IV and V, which were made for the same generation of consoles. And, of course, they'll focus on quality, like every game they've ever done. Rockstar was never the studio to make absolutely gigantic maps. They always liked to strike a balance.

2 hours ago, Zapper said:

No. What I'm saying is that despite being massively ahead technically, IV's map was smaller in scope and scale compared to its predecessor SA, which isn't going to be the case with V and VI.

IV having a smaller map and fewer features than SA was a result of it being their first open world RAGE title and only spending 3.5 years on the entire development. From what we've seen and heard so far, V to VI is more along the lines of RDR1 to RDR2, where the map size is moderately larger compared to the predecessor (RDR2's map is only 1.5 times larger than RDR1 when you exclude the remade RDR1 part of the map) while immensely improving the level of simulation and bespoke details. Also, there is a two-generation hardware gap between V and VI, unlike IV and V, which were made for the same generation of consoles. And, of course, they'll focus on quality, like every game they've ever done. Rockstar was never the studio to make absolutely gigantic maps. They always liked to strike a balance.

Basically we are saying the same thing in different words. Yeah.

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2023 at 4:18 PM, vst said:

You think they will make most or all buildings enterable or would it just be the most important buildings? Bloomberg said there will be more interiors than previous GTA games.

I mean just look at RDR2. The map is HUGE, yet it is very detailed and realistic. You'd think after 10 years R* would be improve in both size and detail, so I am not too worried. 

• Like 1

I guess with leaks for now only those right before release could be like it happened with GTA V.. this sort of ended.

But is more preferable to me if big leaks were not to happen.

Edited by 44Orca
  • Like 3

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

6fangedcutthroatTV
On 2/18/2023 at 8:10 AM, Zapper said:

IV having a smaller map and fewer features than SA was a result of it being their first open world RAGE title and only spending 3.5 years on the entire development.

Nah, GTA IV was a HD GTA III. The Internet cafe from III, people always said “Wish we could use it”, so in IV, you could. The cars handled more like GTA III cars, just more physics. They were floaty like III cars, the III car system was more like IV while the V car system was more like SA, more arcadey.

The scope & scale of GTA IV was not due to constraints or 3.5 years on the development or whatever, it was entirely intentional. GTA IV was the next generation - the remake, overhaul - of GTA III. It was in development already before SA came out.

Another example is that, in III, Claude Speed/Fido was a mute. In GTA IV, Niko was a non-native English speaker fresh off the boat who could barely understand people who were speaking slang, especially Little Jacob & Badman.

GTA IV was the next iteration of Liberty City from GTA III, in every way - all intentional.

People wished there were motorcycles in III, in IV, there were. GTA III had a lot more freedom for how you could complete a mission, GTA IV had that as well. Not as much in SA, not as much in V, those games were more scripted & on rails compared to III & IV/liberty city games. It is a pattern you can see repeated between III/IV & SA/V alike.

Edited by 6fangedcutthroatTV

1 hour ago, 6fangedcutthroatTV said:

Nah, GTA IV was a HD GTA III. The Internet cafe from III, people always said “Wish we could use it”, so in IV, you could. The cars handled more like GTA III cars, just more physics. They were floaty like III cars, the III car system was more like IV while the V car system was more like SA, more arcadey.

The scope & scale of GTA IV was not due to constraints or 3.5 years on the development or whatever, it was entirely intentional. GTA IV was the next generation - the remake, overhaul - of GTA III. It was in development already before SA came out.

Another example is that, in III, Claude Speed/Fido was a mute. In GTA IV, Niko was a non-native English speaker fresh off the boat who could barely understand people who were speaking slang, especially Little Jacob & Badman.

GTA IV was the next iteration of Liberty City from GTA III, in every way - all intentional.

People wished there were motorcycles in III, in IV, there were. GTA III had a lot more freedom for how you could complete a mission, GTA IV had that as well. Not as much in SA, not as much in V, those games were more scripted & on rails compared to III & IV/liberty city games. It is a pattern you can see repeated between III/IV & SA/V alike.

You're looking way too much into parallels that aren't really there. IV was a soft reboot of the franchise. Nothing to do with III at all.

The truth is that games became much more complex after the PS2 generation with the advent of HD consoles. Development times started increasing exponentially, and even with much larger teams, they're still going up today. There's a reason why nobody, not even Rockstar, has attempted a game with three main cities like SA with the level of fidelity and detail that people expect nowadays, even two decades after that game's release. That map alone would be 4-5 times larger. And the new Rockstar Advanced Game Engine definitely affected their efficiency. It takes time to get used to a new engine, and 3.5 years (which included delays) was just not enough to reach their original vision of the game.

Firstly, IV's preliminary development started a month after SA came out, in November 2004.

Dan Houser: ...San Andreas finished in October 2004 and then the guys at North have a month off when a game finishes and then we're rolling into this. The ball starts pretty reasonably gentle. Making a game's like climbing a mountain; it gets worse and worse as the air gets thinner and thinner -- as time starts to run out.

Its map was supposed to feature the entire State of Liberty very early in development, but they had to scale it down since they couldn't work it out, most likely for technical reasons.

E0fpd3DXMAEMWRv?format=jpg&name=large

Yes, people wanted motorcycles in III. You got them in VC. IV had nothing to do with that. IV's Liberty City had more to do with real-life New York than III's Liberty City. You can find numerous interviews stating the same. I don't believe for a second that the setting of the game has anything to do with the amount of scripting at all, and there are many places where IV is more scripted than SA (chasing Vlad, for example).

Narratively, IV started an entirely new universe with no connection whatsoever with the 3D trilogy. Comparing Niko's immigrant experience in America with a silent protagonist is, in my opinion, utterly disingenuous. Many, many native English speakers wouldn't be able to understand Jacob or Badman's Jamaican accent either, not just Niko.

• Like 10

6fangedcutthroatTV
5 hours ago, Zapper said:

You're looking way too much into parallels that aren't really there. IV was a soft reboot of the franchise. Nothing to do with III at all.

Nah, bruh. It is what I told you. Niko is HD Claude, Tw@t is HD net cafe & so on. Layout is HD III. Gameplay is like GTA III, in a new gen. It is what I told ya. 👍

I know all the things you are talking about; GTA IV is HD GTA III. GTA III had more realistic car physics than SA, where those among many other core mechanics were scaled back, like they were in V as well, since V is HD SA without SF or LV.

Edited by 6fangedcutthroatTV

tachyon_v
2 hours ago, 6fangedcutthroatTV said:

Nah, bruh. It is what I told you. Niko is HD Claude, Tw@t is HD net cafe & so on. Layout is HD III. Gameplay is like GTA III, in a new gen. It is what I told ya. 👍

I know all the things you are talking about; GTA IV is HD GTA III. GTA III had more realistic car physics than SA, where those among many other core mechanics were scaled back, like they were in V as well, since V is HD SA without SF or LV.

Layout is definitely not hd 3d. It is more of a scaled down new york. I don't think gta 3 had any impact on gta 4s map design at all

Trafficante
On 5/9/2023 at 6:24 AM, 6fangedcutthroatTV said:

Karen is Catalina, Vlad is Diaz, Roman is Lance Vance with not enough melanin.

And CJ stands for Clyde Jason.

Bonnie & Clyde theme confirmed.

It was there all along :prismkek:

• KEKW 5

Sanctuary II

Additionally, the basis for GTA IV's Liberty City setting was the them wanting to do a proper adaption of NYC in a 3D (not 3D as in 3D universe) GTA game. As they don't consider GTA III's city to be their New York but just an amalgamation of east coast cities (NYC, Boston, NJ, Philadelphia, etc...) , according to Dan Houser in pre-release GTA IV interviews, with NYC noticeably being the biggest source of inspiration likely due to its popularity and pop-culture status.

So that further undermines the whole argument of GTA IV being designed as an HD remake of GTA III. As was said, it was supposed to be a soft-reboot that aimed to recreate a specific real-life city (or at least the memorable essence of it) for the east coast setting, rather than a broad northeastern composite

On 5/9/2023 at 1:19 AM, Zapper said:

Its map was supposed to feature the entire State of Liberty very early in development

The Tri-State area as a whole even (not literally), based on the sketch. 

@6fangedcutthroatTV I kinda agree with you here. GTA IV almost reminded me of GTA III, esp. the dark atmosphere, the gun-for-hire aspect, the city layout and a few more. Also GTA3 DE somehow looks closer to GTA IV. A lot of people will make fun of your thought. Back in the days I said almost the same thing and people were like "Naaah. GTA 3 LC is a mix of different cities." I know, but it was mostly New York.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 6:19 PM, Zapper said:

The truth is that games became much more complex after the PS2 generation with the advent of HD consoles. Development times started increasing exponentially, and even with much larger teams, they're still going up today. There's a reason why nobody, not even Rockstar, has attempted a game with three main cities like SA with the level of fidelity and detail that people expect nowadays, even two decades after that game's release. That map alone would be 4-5 times larger. And the new Rockstar Advanced Game Engine definitely affected their efficiency. It takes time to get used to a new engine, and 3.5 years (which included delays) was just not enough to reach their original vision of the game.

Firstly, IV's preliminary development started a month after SA came out, in November 2004.

Its map was supposed to feature the entire State of Liberty very early in development, but they had to scale it down since they couldn't work it out, most likely for technical reasons.

Yes, people wanted motorcycles in III. You got them in VC. IV had nothing to do with that. IV's Liberty City had more to do with real-life New York than III's Liberty City. You can find numerous interviews stating the same. I don't believe for a second that the setting of the game has anything to do with the amount of scripting at all, and there are many places where IV is more scripted than SA (chasing Vlad, for example).

Narratively, IV started an entirely new universe with no connection whatsoever with the 3D trilogy. Comparing Niko's immigrant experience in America with a silent protagonist is, in my opinion, utterly disingenuous. Many, many native English speakers wouldn't be able to understand Jacob or Badman's Jamaican accent either, not just Niko.

Luckily, regarding your second paragraph, VI seems to be finally achieving that goal hopefully, map wise. We already know we have Vice City, which will be at the next-gen scale ee expect. Then we have Port Gellhorn, which is speculated to be smaller than a city, but closer to a large town. I actually wonder if it'll be comparable to the size San Fierro was. 

Then, we finally have a (even higher level of speculation) potential third city up north, likely smaller than Vice though. Oh, and don't forget the Everglades portion which is speculated to be huge.

The GTA VI map has the potential to blow us away, and be unprecedented for the industry. I have full confidence.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Metalane For sure, it'll be larger than San Fierro. Grapeseed in GTA V is larger than San Fierro in GTA SA in size alone, although most of it is just farmlands. From what the unofficial mapping dudes made, Port Gellerhorn is around the size of Paleto Bay and Grapeseed combined. Hell, it could be the size of all the settlements around the Alamo Sea combined.

What I'm hoping for this time is that there should only be two airports/strips. Fort Zancudo was kinda redundant, the only thing that made it relevant was having a well-guarded hangar in GTAO.

• 2 weeks later...
sgt_pepper_vice

So, it's pretty much safe to say now that the house from the trilogy is pretty much from VI. The trees look exactly like the one we saw in the leaks.

On 6/9/2023 at 5:59 PM, sgt_pepper_vice said:

So, it's pretty much safe to say now that the house from the trilogy is pretty much from VI. The trees look exactly like the one we saw in the leaks.

We have to wait for the game to know for sure, but yes the graphics we saw in the leaks really match, I say to me was the clouds and the colors of it, not the trees as they aren't clear.

Also people found a location in real life Miami that is sort of like that house if you have never seen it.

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

gellhorn_blues
On 6/17/2023 at 5:15 PM, 44Orca said:

We have to wait for the game to know for sure, but yes the graphics we saw in the leaks really match, I say to me was the clouds and the colors of it, not the trees as they aren't clear.

Also people found a location in real life Miami that is sort of like that house if you have never seen it.

Looks pretty photorealistic as well and slightly different from the leaks graphics (albeit it was inside the definitive edition, the art style is still clear). 

It's very detailed and could literally pass for a house in real life. Imagine how the final game could look

On 8/6/2022 at 12:17 PM, Spider-Vice said:

To me, although the rapponator domain is likely for something GTAO related, bowndetector is a parody of downdetector which wasn't used either in The Contract or this DLC, so unless it's for the Winter DLC if it was already in pre-production, there's a chance it could be VI related...

I know this is kinda old but is it in GTAO now?

• 2 weeks later...
Sanctuary II
On 5/20/2023 at 1:26 AM, Metalane said:

Luckily, regarding your second paragraph, VI seems to be finally achieving that goal hopefully, map wise. We already know we have Vice City, which will be at the next-gen scale ee expect. Then we have Port Gellhorn, which is speculated to be smaller than a city, but closer to a large town. I actually wonder if it'll be comparable to the size San Fierro was. 

I'd even go as far as to say that Port Gellhorn could potentially be a proper second city, just obviously not as big as Vice City which will be the main attraction of the map. Especially if the speculation on the mapping thread that it is a mix of all the Tampa Bay area cities + the panhandle, turns out to be the case.

KarimNTerr

*delete*

Edited by KarimNTerr
Wrong thread lol

xe3hUFK.png

TheHoover69
On 6/30/2023 at 11:29 PM, TheMadTitan said:

I'd even go as far as to say that Port Gellhorn could potentially be a proper second city, just obviously not as big as Vice City which will be the main attraction of the map. Especially if the speculation on the mapping thread that it is a mix of all the Tampa Bay area cities + the panhandle, turns out to be the case.

It's definitely pretty big. I was re-watching the leaks again and in both gas station clips, you can see that Port Gellhorn just stretches on up into the horizon. Makes me wonder if there's also more of Port Gellhorn in the opposite direction that we didn't get to see. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wish saved all those leaked footage of GTA VI, I'm only thinking of doing a more deeper analysis myself and to get a better idea of the game because these new GTA YouTubers are literally making stuff up and it's so obvious. Unfortunately for me I cannot find those videos anywhere :')

38 minutes ago, DETHRO said:

I wish saved all those leaked footage of GTA VI, I'm only thinking of doing a more deeper analysis myself and to get a better idea of the game because these new GTA YouTubers are literally making stuff up and it's so obvious. Unfortunately for me I cannot find those videos anywhere :')

Google is your friend, particularly a certain Internet Archive ;)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DETHRO said:

We are not suppose to tell people where the leaked videos are. All I can say is that YouTube took off most of the complete 90 minutes ones so you really have to look for it.

YT also doesn’t have good video players, unlike say Bilibili. You just need to find the search bar and figure out how to disable the floating Chinese comments. 

2 hours ago, PP.Fang said:

We are not suppose to tell people where the leaked videos are. All I can say is that YouTube took off most of the complete 90 minutes ones so you really have to look for it.

YT also doesn’t have good video players, unlike say Bilibili. You just need to find the search bar and figure out how to disable the floating Chinese comments. 

Yeah I assumed but SgtGravy gave me pretty obvious hint on where to find the 1 hour video.

• 1 month later...
Retro_Causality

So where did people get this idea that the footage was from 2019 when the earliest video is dated march 2021 lol?

there is a leaked voice note from president of take 2 interactive said that the announcement for gta 6 that all of us are waiting for gonna be in 23rd october this year , but sadly the voice got deleted by take 2 interactive which is a proof that its real!

Edited by BadKiller