3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Grand Theft Auto VI ""Leak"" Archive

Len Lfc

5 hours ago, esbe said:

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but shouldn't we try to keep this thread for recording leaks, discoveries, official information, etc, rather than discussion and speculation? 

(And yes, I know my posting here too doesn't help with that 🤣😛)

You're correct, we usually use the "leak" analysis topic for this and I encourage people to go there instead for that. :p 

• Like 1

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Not a specific VI leak, but a fun fact (and maybe a place to look for clues in the future).

I was scrapping R* website for new content, and I've discovered that the homepage has an ad tracking pixel for RDO Standalone that was created on Oct 19, 2020. The thing is, RDO Standalone was announced on Nov 24, 2020, more than a month after that. It's pretty standard to add and test tracking pixels before launching products, specially with pre-orders and owned digital stores.

spacer.png

I know RDO is a total different product than VI in terms of marketing, but maybe these marketing pixels can give us a hint of when a sales/pre-order page will pop up on R* website?

This could have been added in their dev.rockstargames staging website though and then copied over, keeping the date.

• Like 3

From January 1, 2009 to October 24, 2011 (1 day before the announcement of GTA V), I reviewed all leak topics and news, and almost everything shared today (cast, map, region of the game) has been shared in the past and almost all of the information shared by people has been wrong. As far as I can see, there are only 2 things that are correct in the date range I specified, these are the fact that the game will be built on Los Angeles (GTA V - Los Santos) and the registered domains (https://www.thegtaplace.com/news/26439/rockstar-registering-gta-v) -domain-names/) is correct. Other than that, no information was included in GTA V. I think this will be valid for GTA VI too and the 2 biggest pieces of information found for GTA VI so far are:

bowndetector.com
rapponator.com

I believe these domains belong to GTA 6.

Edited by useyourbrain

3 hours ago, useyourbrain said:

From January 1, 2009 to October 24, 2011 (1 day before the announcement of GTA V), I reviewed all leak topics and news, and almost everything shared today (cast, map, region of the game) has been shared in the past and almost all of the information shared by people has been wrong. As far as I can see, there are only 2 things that are correct in the date range I specified, these are the fact that the game will be built on Los Angeles (GTA V - Los Santos) and the registered domains (https://www.thegtaplace.com/news/26439/rockstar-registering-gta-v) -domain-names/) is correct. Other than that, no information was included in GTA V. I think this will be valid for GTA VI too and the 2 biggest pieces of information found for GTA VI so far are:

bowndetector.com
rapponator.com

urbanlionden.com 🤔

Edited by shimontec

2 hours ago, shimontec said:

That one is 2K, not Rockstar, as found before. It was even in their SSL certificate but they've since changed to an Amazon Web Services one (which R* doesn't use).

10 hours ago, useyourbrain said:

From January 1, 2009 to October 24, 2011 (1 day before the announcement of GTA V), I reviewed all leak topics and news, and almost everything shared today (cast, map, region of the game) has been shared in the past and almost all of the information shared by people has been wrong. As far as I can see, there are only 2 things that are correct in the date range I specified, these are the fact that the game will be built on Los Angeles (GTA V - Los Santos) and the registered domains (https://www.thegtaplace.com/news/26439/rockstar-registering-gta-v) -domain-names/) is correct. Other than that, no information was included in GTA V

The "Rush" casting call was true, also. Which leaked a couple of weeks after the domain registrations.

I don't think Rockstar would repeat the same mistake with the Casting Call again.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

14 hours ago, useyourbrain said:

bowndetector.com
rapponator.com

These domains were registered at the time Rockstar started working with Dr Dre for GTA Online's Contract DLC.

Pretty sure the second one is planned for like a new feature on GTA Online to have players come up with their own music beats/mixes.

GTAV domains only started up showing up around 3 or 6 months before the original release date that ended up being delayed.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

GTAV domains only started up showing up around 3 or 6 months before the original release date that ended up being delayed.

Can you explain what exactly you mean by that? The original domain names that leaked, leaked 8 months before GTA V was even announced.

4 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Can you explain what exactly you mean by that? The original domain names that leaked, leaked 8 months before GTA V was even announced.

To be honest, I don't recall exactly when it happened.

But going by the same pattern, we should receive a proper announcement at the end of this year.

Then, we could see more domains being registered. However, there's a high possibility that Rockstar could register domains under the name of a third party.

Edited by Tez2

39 minutes ago, Tez2 said:

To be honest, I don't recall exactly when it happened.

But going by the same pattern, we should receive a proper announcement at the end of this year.

Then, we could see more domains being registered. However, there's a high possibility that Rockstar could register domains under the name of a third party.

You said it yourself, they probably won't make the same mistakes again. Or at the very least, it would be harder for us to find the same things this time around.

To me, although the rapponator domain is likely for something GTAO related, bowndetector is a parody of downdetector which wasn't used either in The Contract or this DLC, so unless it's for the Winter DLC if it was already in pre-production, there's a chance it could be VI related...

10 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

That one is 2K, not Rockstar, as found before. It was even in their SSL certificate but they've since changed to an Amazon Web Services one (which R* doesn't use).

oh, ok
sry 😬

21 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

To me, although the rapponator domain is likely for something GTAO related, bowndetector is a parody of downdetector which wasn't used either in The Contract or this DLC, so unless it's for the Winter DLC if it was already in pre-production, there's a chance it could be VI related...

Or both 🤷‍♂️

• Conspiracy! 1