1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Los Santos Tuners - Bitch & Moan

Lonely-Martin

Hazzardtohimself
On 7/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, Shiloh Comes said:

Who else can see a "mod all" option being the most requested item in relation to the customer cars at the Auto Shop?

I mean, if they even put the requests in the same order as the menu categories, but nooooooooooo.

Welcome to Rockstar's patented "Ways to waste the player's time - Tuners edition" - in this chapter, making them jump through hoops in no logical order to delay them getting paid. 

Different topic: 

So if I've read everything correctly, we're now expecting blue dots for the Exotic vehicle list, as well as blue dots for Cayo Perico guards, as well as blue dots for drug vehicles, and the return of the blue dot for Packie McCreary? 

Someone please get Rockstar a colour chart. 

Shiloh Comes
On 7/22/2021 at 12:19 PM, Hazzardtohimself said:

Welcome to Rockstar's patented "Ways to waste the player's time - Tuners edition" - in this chapter, making them jump through hoops in no logical order to delay them getting paid. 

Different topic: 

So if I've read everything correctly, we're now expecting blue dots for the Exotic vehicle list, as well as blue dots for Cayo Perico guards, as well as blue dots for drug vehicles, and the return of the blue dot for Packie McCreary? 

Someone please get Rockstar a colour chart. 

LOL yeah, I've been with them since the start, they troll to Jedi levels. As for the blue dots, I've missed a ton of the cars myself because I didn't know until yesterday they were for that. At least the Cayo ones will give the the message that you found a key when you're in the general area, but still a total sh*tshow.

To be honest, I'm with whoever it was in the BM thread who said in relation to the snack and armor menu, there are clearly people who have worked on this DLC who have never played the game to any level of understanding.

The annoying thing is, anoher week of work and they could have polished off most of what's wrong with it.

Edited by Shiloh Comes
  • Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 12:16 PM, JB94 said:

Like I said; Very selective vision -

You are moving the goalposts because you made a fool of yourself, I am not the one throwing a tantrum.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:16 PM, JB94 said:

You don't understand the meaning of this phrase that specifically quoted earlier, do you?

That specifically what? 😛 

If the camels back is "broken" like you claim then Bye Felicia

YusufAmirsBF
On 7/21/2021 at 12:35 AM, Spectre "2K" said:

the contract missions are arguably some of the most fun ones i've played in a long time, and I have absolutely zero desire to replay them because of the mega cringe dialogue

Yep. Amazing update overall but I don't feel like replaying the contracts because if I hear KDJ saying one more word I will smash something.

Edited by YusufAmirsBF
  • Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 12:27 PM, RyuNova said:

That specifically what? 😛 

Quoted comment last edited at 12:20 while your post arrived seven minutes after said edit.

Confirmation bias at its finest.

meme-kermit-drinking-tea-but-thats-none-

🏽

• Bruh 2

On 7/22/2021 at 12:34 PM, JB94 said:

Quoted comment last edited at 12:20 while your post arrived seven minutes after said edit.

Confirmation bias at its finest.

You are blustering, more moving of the goalposts. If that's the best you can come up with, then you are already lost.

• KEKW 1
  • Bruh 2

UncleScrooge
On 7/22/2021 at 7:23 PM, Shiloh Comes said:

LOL yeah, I've been with them since the start, they troll to Jedi levels. As for the blue dots, I've missed a ton of the cars myself because I didn't know until yesterday they were for that. At least the Cayo ones will give the the message that you found a key when you're in the general area, but still a total sh*tshow.

To be honest, I'm with whoever it was in the BM thread who said in relation to the snack and armor menu, there are clearly people who have worked on this DLC who have never played the game to any level of understanding.

The annoying thing is, anoher week of work and they could have polished off most of what's wrong with it.

I’ve spoken to one of the RDR2 level designers about this more generally and found it was very common for those working on a game not to actually play it like we do. This is especially true for GTA Online.

Shiloh Comes

You can shut Satan Ses up and disconnect her phonecall by opening the map and closing it at the mission start when she calls. At least it gets you across town aways before they both start yapping.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, RyuNova said:

You are blustering, more moving of the goalposts. If that's the best you can come up with, then you are already lost.

An interesting conclusion to draw when the mainstay of your argument against my opinion is predicated on an erroneous interpretation of a phrase significant to the opinion upon which you are attempting to argue against.

My opinion quite simply is that there are too many inaccuracies and features which appear to have been lazily or sub-optimally executed, as I (and numerous) members have stated earlier in the thread. The particular point which you've decided to argue against (in an out of context fashion) is merely the last in a long line of push factors, as was clearly outlined by the opening phrase of the post in question. Interpreting such assertions of these opinions as a "tantrum" would add to the erroneous interpretation of the phrase, as I personally am not angry, just disappointed, but happy to make the criticisms known, and move onto another franchise.

To misconstrue my points and then prolong this discussion in such a way is odd, but I won't hold it against you 😅

Edited by JB94
am*
  • Bruh 2

Cash 4 Clickbait
On 7/22/2021 at 11:17 AM, Aquamaniac said:

@Cash 4 Clickbait

Maybe I listened not carefully but to me it sounded as if Lester hired Sessanta and that guy, reffering to the contractors. This guy, KDJ is it Moodymann, if not, who is this guy?

KDJ is Moodymann's initials of his real name. Kenny Dixon Jr. I have no idea why R* went to the effort to rework his phone contact, to both have a new photo, renamed as a contact and even placed out of alphabetical order. And there's no disconnect to try and have them be two seperate characters, if you've done the DJ missions for him, he'll call you during the Auto-Shop Setup mission where you have to steal back Sessanta's car and acknowledge that you were the one who helped him with the Itali RSX.

As for who hird him. In The Data Contract, he mentions he got contacted by a hacker who needed an unknown criminal. I too at first was thinking he meant Lester, thinking back to the Rank 10 introduction cutscene where we meet Lester in his house, but he reveals in the finale to that Contract he means Avi Schwartzman... I mean they even got Avi's voice actor back after 7 years.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:26 PM, JB94 said:

To misconstrue my points and then prolong this discussion in such a way is odd, but I won't hold it against you 😅

That was a long and drawn-out way of saying "I have nothing, so I am going to slink away with my tail between my legs"

Da Elite Ninjah
On 7/21/2021 at 2:37 AM, Xan2142 said:

Boy... This is going to be a long one.

So first off. 50y/o boomer redition of "tuner car culture" with such a garbage tier driving mechanic already.

Need to drift to turn the new cars because there basic turn radius is the worst of ANY vehicle outside of say a trash tuck. 45degree turn and engine die = drifting but I forget, only a 50y/o boomer would think drifting only happens from 30-55mph.

Junk new cars in there own class because EVERY OTHER CAR CLASS WOULD [email protected] them.

All the "tuners" not set up for off the line speed/acceleration which is kinda needed for drifting.

The Celica GT-Four, one of the greatest rally cars ever made, magickly burns out for ages and takes 4 city blocks to turn unless you "drift" but again, engine dies or car "auto corrects/gets its grip back" to having no turn radius again.

You would think they would just take the community made "Drifting" script and add it to the game proper, like bethesda takes community mods and claims there "Original ideas" to maybe help the whole "Drift scene" feel, but nah, snag them no traction tires and sit there like your in a banshee burning out for 30 mins and doing endless 180s because thats how ALL drifting works.

Them not removing the "Over 45 degree angle from start = 180 burn out" ALWAYS.

FFS they dropped the ball so hard on this. I can drift better in my darn Kamancho or Paragon R then I can with these fartcannon pos rides.

Another point to the whole "50y/o boomer dlc" aspect is the locked out radio. As if I give 2 shyts about what garbage they think would be in the next F&F movie. Car culture is about expressing ones own individuality that they seemed to understand well enough to give so many options to "customize" these cars with, yet some how thought it was a good idea to LOCK THE FUKIN RADIO to a station you NEED TO COLLECT garbage to use.

I guess I'm just not hip enough to know current generation "turner" scene.

Stay "tuned" for the cameo by ol Vinny D hur hur.

F R*.

What i noticed yesterday was that changing the stance from lowered to default resulted in my cars driving way better in the races. Maybe you have your stance lowered? 

Can’t be doing with these races. Just a bunch of people smashing into each other at the beginning. If you manage to get out in front early your likely in with a good chance of winning.

SplinterCarn
On 7/21/2021 at 8:35 PM, Gridl0k said:

If you stance your hoopty for the meet and then like an hour later decide to use it in a race, lol, f*ck you. No interaction menu in street races. Hope you enjoy snap oversteer!

One more - why isn't the f*cking time trial per class? I did a few laps in my BR8 to try for a world record like 10m after it came out, and now I have a PB that I can only beat by fractions with some effort in one specific car. Gnnngh.

This was my first issue with the new content.  I did the same with my Rapid GT.  I've got close with some of the tuners, and I think they have potential to beat it, but it isn't happening fast.   Either class, or even better, keep records per car .... anything would be better than the generic 'global time' that R* seem to covet. 

Exhaust options on Remus are ridiculous.  That pretty much applies to all the new cars. 

Locked liveries  ..... why? 

Why can't I chrome wheels? I can chrome cars ..... 

I wish R* aimed their content at adults.

Our friends at R* forgot to update the iFruit app, so, if you have been driving one of the new cars lately, the app will crash when entering LSC, i spent the last day driving other cars old cars so i can paint the stock wheels, no luck

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Cash 4 Clickbait
On 7/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, YNNEL said:

Can’t be doing with these races. Just a bunch of people smashing into each other at the beginning. If you manage to get out in front early your likely in with a good chance of winning.

I've noticed a lot of scumbag hosts who turn off Custom Vehicles, Catchup & Slipstream, and then bitch the hardest when they don't win.

There's also a alot of idiots who are being shown for the terrible drivers they are. Not being a PvP player, these races are so enjoyable at the base level, especilly the Pursuit Races, I don't care about coming first. What can ruin an otherwise fun race is to be in a race full of overly serious pricks in like 8th position who'll block or ram anyone they get near like natural instinct, even when there's just no chance either one of you could cross the finish line first. There's was one guy who was a grade-A prick on that race that runs from the Gas Station Ammunation on the Palmino Freeway to Vespucci Beach. That's one big massive straight until you get to the Ammunation in the centre of LS, and this guy was furiously ramming anyone who got near him, he did it to me once right at the start, did it to another guy, then tried me again but failed cause I braked to fall back sharp... and when someone acts like that, I wait for the right opportunity to utterly destroy them in a single blow. I won that race, and naturally sent a message asking how well ramming other players worked out for him. He never replied.

• Like 1

SplinterCarn
On 7/22/2021 at 11:35 PM, Cash 4 Clickbait said:

I've noticed a lot of scumbag hosts who turn off Custom Vehicles, Catchup & Slipstream, and then bitch the hardest when they don't win.

There's also a alot of idiots who are being shown for the terrible drivers they are. Not being a PvP player, these races are so enjoyable at the base level, especilly the Pursuit Races, I don't care about coming first. What can ruin an otherwise fun race is to be in a race full of overly serious pricks in like 8th position who'll block or ram anyone they get near like natural instinct, even when there's just no chance either one of you could cross the finish line first. There's was one guy who was a grade-A prick on that race that runs from the Gas Station Ammunation on the Palmino Freeway to Vespucci Beach. That's one big massive straight until you get to the Ammunation in the centre of LS, and this guy was furiously ramming anyone who got near him, he did it to me once right at the start, did it to another guy, then tried me again but failed cause I braked to fall back sharp... and when someone acts like that, I wait for the right opportunity to utterly destroy them in a single blow. I won that race, and naturally sent a message asking how well ramming other players worked out for him. He never replied.

This is every race on GTAO.  The result of 7 years of predatory marketing of the product to it's underage target.  

On 7/22/2021 at 3:35 PM, Cash 4 Clickbait said:

You actually get to race?

Completing the prize challenge was tricky for me because I kept getting kicked.

I'm a little baffled at the angle Rockstar took with the Moodyman/Sessanta gutter-quality dialogue, but ruffling feathers and being overtly cringe is just Rockstar making headlines.

However, I do have a problem with inverse racism! These black actors shouldn't be saying things like Avi Schwartzman's "skinny white ass". Stop it! A white actor wouldn't dare say 'fat black ass' in today's sensitive climate, so no need for bite-back or reverse racism. It doesn't resolve anything.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:11 PM, Jenkiiii said:

I'm a little baffled at the angle Rockstar took with the Moodyman/Sessanta gutter-quality dialogue, but ruffling feathers and being overtly cringe is just Rockstar making headlines.

However, I do have a problem with inverse racism! These black actors shouldn't be saying things like Avi Schwartzman's "skinny white ass". Stop it! A white actor wouldn't dare say 'fat black ass' in today's sensitive climate, so no need for bite-back or reverse racism. It doesn't resolve anything.

This is why I said that the characters felt really dated. It's as if they have been plucked straight out of a game from twenty years ago.

Didn't expect so much but this tiny update is quite impressing.

The new property and missions are petty good but the story is bad.

Black woman is ugly and not my cup of tea but she is fine to me since she has her character. 

Although she never give us a perfect plan like Lester but her idea is logical donating with Trevor or Lamar

The Black guy is too hateful , 80 % or above of his dialogue is meaningless and annoying.....always speak like a boss ,watching us fighting massive enemies from bathroom or Dom high end and take his cut from doing nothing, degrading everyone with his terrible voice...every npc we associated is idiot..speak like we can't do anything without him as middle man when we  taking phone harassments from those contractors directly everyday. 

Oh damn this guy appeared and talk sh*t from last patch and receive mixed reputation

Rockstar should know he is not a popular charactee and need some change ....wtf are they thinking?

Please erase this motherfk or give him a Catalonia as mistress and feed him his own balls

Edited by drizztle
  • excuseme 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

On 7/22/2021 at 1:43 PM, RyuNova said:

That was a long and drawn-out way of saying "I have nothing, so I am going to slink away with my tail between my legs"

Yikes.

It was actually an attempt to get back on topic, but you're so busy trying to massage your ego and claim victory in an ultimately meaningless argument (because I don't even really care about the game, following this update and don't spend ages on these forums) that you of course missed the topic-relevant content, clearly evidenced by your making a post purely to claim a victory that neither I, nor anybody else looking at this thread in despair really care about.

I actually missed the fact that during this update they've included new stealth missions again and not properly sorted out the stealth mechanics; with enemies that sometimes ignore dead bodies (even walking right beside them and ignoring) and sometimes randomly turn hostile for no apparent reason (no cameras and no dead bodies in vision cones). I know it's been complained about and ridiculed in various other threads around the forums, so one would hope they'd at least have figured out how to make a coherent stealth mission by now...

It wasn't made clear in my long post earlier on in the thread, but that issue with the Ocelot Swinger is in fact the yellow circle glitch, which users have been complaining about for a while it seems ':/ I know bugs are a common thing, but the yellow circle glitch is a progress-blocking one. One would expect issues like this to be resolved by now.

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1

On 7/22/2021 at 2:43 PM, RyuNova said:

You're not supposed to be arguing in the B&M thread.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:11 PM, Jenkiiii said:

Adolescents have always been a key audience for Rockstar's GTA series even if the games are rated R, and I'd expect gen Z to enjoy the dialogue because for them white is basically synonymous with bad and there's plenty of sexual innuendo, too. I think race essentialism is stupid, but I don't really care about the dialogue in GTA. Pavel has actually been an exception as a sympathetic character in GTA 5; everyone else is an asshole kinda and Trevor is a straight-up psychopath. Interesting really because Russophobia is pretty common in the USA.

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 5:55 AM, EkaSwede said:

Pursuit is an absolute mess as during the first turn you'll get piled upon by every other jackass who doesn't know how to take a turn and the cops are laggy as all hell.

Oh and Lester's wanted level thing is disabled for almost everything related to the new robberies.

You can use the heist invitation from lester to clear ur want level like what we did in cayo island heist prep and casino heist prep.

Edited by drizztle

Lonely-Martin

Got a text that an NPC wants a car tuned and delivered. 

Headed over to do so, after selecting deliver it myself I spawned outside.

Al good I figured, easy few bucks...

Nope! No destination set, no icon at any of the places I remember from previous deliveries.

That's $35k I'll not see again, lol. And with the buggy checkpoints for these, that pretty much kills this side to my auto shop. Bit of a shame, quite enjoy this part. Ahh well.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:06 PM, EkaSwede said:

Is this true? Do we have confirmation on this? Just making sure that I have all the cards on the table because if this sh*t is trues I swear to god I might just summon the angery madness of Alex Jones upon this topic.

It appears I must stand corrected. I don't if there were any changes made, but as of this moment I've found several of the cars while in a Invite Only session, in rapid succession no less. The only thing I've done differently is just cruise around in my shiny new RT3000 (which is a total beast, btw). Up to now I've just been using regular cars. I have zero idea if that's got anything to do with it, but thought I'd mention it. 

So there you go, confirmed we can get them while alone in Invite Only.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 4:02 PM, JB94 said:

It was actually an attempt to get back on topic, but you're so busy trying to massage your ego and claim victory in an ultimately meaningless argument (because I don't even really care about the game, following this update and don't spend ages on these forums) that you of course missed the topic-relevant content, clearly evidenced by your making a post purely to claim a victory that neither I, nor anybody else looking at this thread in despair really care about.

For someone who is "done with this game" you seem awfully insistent on getting the last word in, but I will be the better man and rise above it.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:55 PM, God-eater said:

It appears I must stand corrected. I don't if there were any changes made, but as of this moment I've found several of the cars while in a Invite Only session, in rapid succession no less. The only thing I've done differently is just cruise around in my shiny new RT3000 (which is a total beast, btw). Up to now I've just been using regular cars. I have zero idea if that's got anything to do with it, but thought I'd mention it. 

So there you go, confirmed we can get them while alone in Invite Only.

Thank goodness that saved me from acting like a complete tool on here (though when do I not?), but it seems some update happened to the launchers here so let's cross our fingers it works now here on PC.

Captain Yamamoto
On 7/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, LeakyLine said:

This game makes beaucoup profits from shark cards every f*cking year, but they're still too stingy to fork over a few million to the record companies to keep songs in the f*cking game. Playing this game is f*cking embarrassing 

wait did songs get removed??

RagnaWAVE77
On 7/22/2021 at 10:11 AM, Jenkiiii said:

Far as I know there is no such thing as inverse/reverse racism, just racism.