1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Los Santos Tuners - Bitch & Moan

Lonely-Martin

On 7/21/2021 at 10:23 PM, Shadowfennekin said:

Looked after you've got your daily win?

I didn't bother looking until I got my win, just to make sure it counted

Mine says 1/3, won a race against my alt without them finishing, with them finishing, and now 1st in a public with 4 others, still 1/3. 

This f*cking sucks. 

Does the Phantom Wedge no longer spawn in with BP tires anymore? Had that happen to me on a contract prep.

Kiethblacklion

So far, my biggest gripe about the new DLC is the dialogue. Some of this voice work actually hurts my ears. In all seriousness, does anyone actually talk like these characters because to me, they sound like a bunch of Hollywood stereotyped characters from a bad Fast and Furious knock off movie.

Cash 4 Clickbait
On 7/21/2021 at 11:55 AM, JairoDM said:

Moodymann and his girl's jokes don't bother me too much, but R* showing my character as someone willing to do cocaine has shocked me a bit, even if it's just to prove he's legit.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, Dirty Hairy said:

So maybe I’m tripping, but I wanted to do custom work on one of my lowriders yesterday, right? I figure: “Hey! Why not take it to my brand new auto shop that I just spent +2,500,000 on!” So I bring her in and I go to modify her. Only to find out I have no option to modify the interior or any of the hydraulic options lmao 🙃  B-But I must be tripping right? A glitch maybe? I bought a custom shop right? My very own multi million dollar custom shop! Why would I not be able to customize vehicles in my custom shop? Lol I must be tripping yeah that’s it 🙃

I think the consensus among long-time players is starting to form that R* made a miscalculation with the writing for Moodymann and Sessanta. I made the analogy they're symbolic of Heist noob randoms. There's an arrogance they have as characters that has really rubbed the posters I've been reading the wrong way, I'd be lying if I said I couldn't see it. IMe personally, I was kinda dull to it going in thanks to a single video I saw the day before Tuners release, which in my head perfectly sums up the relation between a Rank 800+ player who has been through every DLC prior in order of release and those two.

I think I can narrow down 3 notable instances which R* greatly overstepped the push of these two... there's also something else I think people haven't noticed, but their brain's did, which I'll cover last.

Sessanta

Spoiler

I didn't catch this personally, I caught it watching a vid by The Professional, but there's a reminder phone call she'll give before your first Auto-Shop customer arrives, where she touts; and I'm quoting here;

"You got the best f*ckin' mechanic in LS sitting up in here. Benny don't got sh*t on me."

To be frank, I bought the two staff members right away, I didn't know she was supposed to be the mechanic at the Auto-Shop, I thought she was just there because Contracts. Now that @Dirty Hairy has made me aware of the fact the Lowriders can't be customised with what can only be done at Benny's or by his mechanic staff in the Arena. She can't even do Arena Headlights or Low Grip Tyres, but the chap at the LS Car Meet can. That is a brag that falls flat on its arse upon utterance.

Moodymann

Spoiler

I know R* have a professional relationship with the man himself, with them acquiring the rights to use his music, but I find it a complete mystery as to why R* chose him to be more than just a cameo DJ in the Music Locker with 2 missions in the pool of CPH's intentionally ridiculous side missions. I assume it must be the directing staff were personally tight with him after CPH, like how even Young Maylay & Solo described their experiences with the R* staff they worked with in that one Insta Live.

If the main reason was to push Moodmann's work, then I have to say this, because it might be one of those things R* might not see until they're told; This was a case of intrusive advertising, the kind where, the harder you push after introduction, the less inclined people are to seek out and begin to hate what you brought them. If Moodymann's involvement with this update began and finished with the new Media Player tracks that wouldn't have been a problem, because everyone knows the music licenses are gonna start being a problem over the next year and a half.

When it comes to his dialogue, if you want a character to have a catchphrase, moderation is essential, otherwise it becomes white noise. I don't know if KDJ himself IRL shares the dialect patterns of his GTA Online counterpart, but video game dialougue is a delicate art. You have to balance conveying game information to the player and an actual character who talks like the scenario they're in is really happening. When a player is blurring out audio because they grow accustomed to nearly every other sentence being riddled with "mu'fukkuh", it's not because "ew, profanity", it's because it takes effort to cipher out what's character dialogue and what's gameplay information. There were times during my first attempts of missions, I found myself forgoing listening to the dialogue and relying on the radar to find out where & what my objectives were just as they begin talking.

A comparison I can draw on here is the opening cutscene to the GTA IV mission Shadow. Real Badman explains the mission in an extremely heavy Jamaican dialect, VERY fast. Niko is completely lost, so Little Jacob says it with a far more eased up Jamaican dialect, dialect, not accent, his accent is strong as at any other point in the game, but the dialogue is to the point, providing the player the info they need.

KDJ & Sessanta VS. criminal saviour of humanity mastermind.

Spoiler

The whole, "we gotta make sure you're not a cop, take cocaine and prove yourself by stealing my car back for me, you're not a cop right?" thing.

Maybe that would've made a little more sense and have been humourous had last year gone as planned, but it didn't and as it stands has yet to have another chance. So to have two new characters rock up as new unknown small-time criminals in LS, proceed to insult the player/protagonist by a) doubting their ability after potentially 8 years experience & b) implying they're a potential danger to the situation and have to prove themselves by doing a line of cocaine... that's not a good first impression for players who are going to be listening to said characters, not to mention that if this is anything to go by, believing undercovers can't do drugs is the first and by default there's a good chance it'll be the last mistake a crim will make. The phrase "except when authorised" as well as "necessary and appropriate" are two wonderful phrases in the FBI's guidlines covering Undercover Operations.

You might not have noticed... but your brain did.

Spoiler

Hao & Mimi. They're actually friendly and one half pre-established characters. It would make sense that contractors looking for crews to pull off jobs requiring good drivers would take it to the head of an illegal car meet, rather than two unknown fresh-faced criminals. So why couldn't they be the middlemen who bring us the Contracts and feed us intel over the headset?

Because that's what KDJ and Sessanta are, they tout that they've got contracts coming in, but they do sweet FA other than the most of basic intel gathering for prep missions. They are, what Lester was to the Prison Break and Humane Labs Heist, the guy who knew and introduced the actual guy who ends up doing the job for the client, and gets a Finders Fee for said info. Rockstar said that with the Tuners update your attitude gets left at the door. Well, KDJ and Sessanta must hate that rule, because they unload the worst attitude I've seen from any GTA Online character whose supposed to be an ally, on us when they inhabit OUR Auto-Shop. They went to the trouble of getting Rob Yang in for voice work for a character he hadn't played in 9 or probably even 10 years, it's only for a single introductory cutscene, for a mini-Heists DLC consisting of 24 missions and multiple new racing modes.

This may be a weird B&M but, where's my damn snack seller in the new overly, expensive bauble I just bought that ties to combat situations? That should be mandatory at any new "heisting" location. It was retroactively added to the arcade and was in the sub from Day 1. There needs to be someone in the programming room whose sole job is to ask "Where is the new snack seller?".

awesomefoot

Arena War: Bunch of clothes that you can buy at inflated prices if you don't want to wait to unlock them.

Tuners: Less clothes that you have to wait to unlock at a painfully slow rate.

Makes zero sense. Arena War probably sold a few shark cards from kiddos and casuals that went nuts unlocking clothes. Tuners doesn't even give them a chance.

SummerFreeze

They finally add white sneakers that match the low-crotch sports pants without glitching but it's locked to rep level 200 something. 😭😭

• KEKW 2

On 7/22/2021 at 12:51 AM, Debesta said:

This may be a weird B&M but, where's my damn snack seller in the new overly, expensive bauble I just bought that ties to combat situations? That should be mandatory at any new "heisting" location. It was retroactively added to the arcade and was in the sub from Day 1. There needs to be someone in the programming room whose sole job is to ask "Where is the new snack seller?".

It's by the arcade machines. It's just a candy bowl. 

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

8BFYgXo.png

NO₂ ≠ N₂O

https://www.epa.gov/no2-pollution/basic-information-about-no2

The straw that broke the camel's back. It's now become abundantly clear that this update (as a sub-element of the GTAO vehicles aspect as a whole) is the "tuners" update for anybody that's never played a racing game before. After this update, I think it's time to have my characters pack their bags and head home because racing games are where I belong.

Edited by JB94
Subset comment added
  • Like 2

SummerFreeze
On 7/22/2021 at 8:59 AM, JB94 said:

8BFYgXo.png

NO₂ ≠ N₂O

https://www.epa.gov/no2-pollution/basic-information-about-no2

The straw that broke the camel's back. It's now become abundantly clear that this update is the "tuners" update for anybody that's never played a racing game before. After this update, I think it's time to have my characters pack their bags and head home because racing games are where I belong.

Haha, that's unfortunate but also as old as these bottles have been in the game.

It's not for me this one.

On the plus side however, they have apparently finally fixed the issue of track pieces in the creator snapping together without a visible seam / joint.

Only took them five years.

• Like 1

Major gripe is the level lock. Didn't bother with it in AW, not bothering with it here. It'll be especially annoying when the Comet SR2 is released and that Cyberpunk reference livery is rep locked. 

On 7/21/2021 at 9:03 PM, jerkmymeat said:

The Fleeca bank contract is the dumbest mission I've ever played. I think someone already mentioned that the signal jammers don't f*cking work but for me after I finished looting the 6th bank and went outside I got blasted by half a dozen cops that weren't even on the minimap. I respawn and suddenly I have 5 star cops. After I lose them, Moodybitch was like "we lost the cops." Seriously? I wish I can stuff this guy in suitcase in a one way ticket back to Detroit. 

That Moodymann must have been the typical ball-breaker who didn't do sh*t in group work at school and bragged about getting a good grade.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:34 PM, zhb94430 said:

Does the Phantom Wedge no longer spawn in with BP tires anymore? Had that happen to me on a contract prep.

I don't believe it ever had BP tires to begin with other than that moc mission. In the past you would hit like 20 vehicles and it would begin to smoke like with the ramp car. 2 years after they released, they made them no longer take damages from ramping cars, but remained without BP tires. 

On 7/22/2021 at 2:41 AM, JairoDM said:

That Moodymann must have been the typical ball-breaker who didn't do sh*t in group work at school and bragged about getting a good grade.

Yo momaf*cka I got a D in math today muthaf*cka. 

PX3Z1ZX.png

lost-in-emotions

There are NO custom SIDESKIRTS for the Dinka RT3000 ?!?
WTH?! Are you kiddin'?!

On 7/21/2021 at 11:24 PM, God-eater said:

My new B&M for today is the exotic car list. I got a bit of nostalgia when I saw it, and was looking forward to doing the old school scour the earth for cars to steal & deliver. Nope, you can steal two cars per list off the streets, the rest are random events that only trigger with three people in the lobby (who must be in different or no Orgs). So the intention is that we fight over them, then deliver them thru a gauntlet of jets, Skillbikes & godmode scum. And unlike business battles, everyone knows exactly where you're going, so just like MC deliveries it's pretty much a case of all it takes for someone to stop you is them simply deciding to do so. Over 20 grand. So yeah, that's one more element of the DLC that's effectively closed to lone wolves. 

Jesus f*ck, R*, why can't you just make a sandbox game when we can play how we want? You know that's the attraction of sandbox games, right? You money grubbing, behaviour driving assholes...

Is this true? Do we have confirmation on this? Just making sure that I have all the cards on the table because if this sh*t is trues I swear to god I might just summon the angery madness of Alex Jones upon this topic.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 7:59 AM, JB94 said:

The straw that broke the camel's back.

It's R*, well old R* before Shark Cards, so I assume it's a tongue in cheek joke/outright pisstake. R* is notorious for dropping subtle hints/nods/mockery in their games. Hundreds that sail past people or are still being found.

Stop being so serious.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:06 AM, EkaSwede said:

Is this true? Do we have confirmation on this? Just making sure that I have all the cards on the table because if this sh*t is trues I swear to god I might just summon the angery madness of Alex Jones upon this topic.

No, I have been exclusively been in Invite Only and have seen at least three high-end cars from the EI/E list. If your radar flashes look for a blue dot on it or your main menu map and it might be a car. The sleeping guard and random drug cars are also blue dots, so people might be missing them.

Edited by RyuNova

On 7/22/2021 at 11:06 AM, EkaSwede said:

i guess not true, just found autarch in solo session, maybe there is bigger chance for events to spawn when there is more players?

On 7/22/2021 at 10:55 AM, RyuNova said:

Stop being so serious.

I'm (or rather was) a paying customer; I can be as serious as I like, thank you. Everybody's entitled to their opinion and mine is that following this update, the whole vehicles aspect of GTAO is now too wank to put up with.

In future, I'll not be buying into the brand again unless I see them stopping this stupid/ low-effort/ low-quality/ inconsistent rubbish.

Edited by JB94
Typo fix
  • Like 1

@Cash 4 Clickbait

Maybe I listened not carefully but to me it sounded as if Lester hired Sessanta and that guy, reffering to the contractors. This guy, KDJ is it Moodymann, if not, who is this guy?

On 7/22/2021 at 11:55 AM, RyuNova said:

No, I have been exclusively been in Invite Only and have seen at least three high-end cars from the EI/E list. If your radar flashes look for a blue dot on it or your main menu map and it might be a car. The sleeping guard and random drug cars are also blue dots, so people might be missing them.

Well, crisis averted for now, I guess. Still suffering from problems of the damn cars not triggering the prompt.

I do keep getting spammed by drug vehicles and cayo guards blue dots, though.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:06 AM, JB94 said:

I'm (or rather was) a paying customer; I can be as serious as I like, thank you.

That's your prerogative, but it still does not change the fact that GTA has, and always will be, a tongue in cheek meta piss take of anything and everything. It's the South Park of video games. Getting upset over a sticker in a video seems like a waste of energy.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:31 AM, EkaSwede said:

I do keep getting spammed by drug vehicles and cayo guards blue dots, though.

Opposite for me, I keep getting EI/E cars and have not had a guard or drug drop.

Edited by RyuNova

The new designs for the Kuruma and Banshee are (for the most part) too simple. Would have wished some new parts for older vehicles, especially the Kuruma too. Such a missed opportunity....

MyNameJeff

Did the original Slasher and Sumo adversary modes get benched this update? Genuinely some of the only adversary modes worth playing.

SqualidCoyote

I am never ever going to unlock even half of the updates from this pile of crap. It had such potential as well.

• Like 3

On 7/22/2021 at 11:37 AM, RyuNova said:

Getting upset over a sticker in a video seems like a waste of energy.

Either you are wilfully using very selective vision (see previous comments made by me in this thread), making uninformed comments or are just choosing to be dense.

If I'm not mistaken, you're also the member who believes the Annihilator Stealth is a good investment, so I'm just going to cease this discussion here ✌🏽

Edited by JB94
Typo fix

Shiloh Comes

Who else can see a "mod all" option being the most requested item in relation to the customer cars at the Auto Shop?

I mean, if they even put the requests in the same order as the menu categories, but nooooooooooo.

Edited by Shiloh Comes
  • KEKW 1

This whole contract missions dialogue and introducing of contract characters seems like promotion for moodyman and his associates or friends if lil d and sessanta are somone related to him irl or even as just voice actors. All that bragging seems artificial to just boost his ego, i don't listen to him nor i know how he is as a person, but sounds like huge ego trip.

I don't know why they didn't hire voice actor of hao to do this job, it's way more down to earth while this is something straight out of saints row 3rd or some sh*t.

Either Hao's voice actor couldn't do more for some reason or there was some deal with moodyman to give him whole character for larger chunk of new content, maybe he gave them rights for his music for lower price or completely free. Or i'm thinking too much into this and R* just wanted to pander to younger audience with cringe dialogue. 

Edited by ACR
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, JB94 said:

Either you are wilfully using very selective vision (see previous comments made by me in this thread), making uninformed comments or are just choosing to be dense.

May I remind you that you specifically posted about the NO2 sticker, which I am replying to. Whatever grievances you have in the past with a video game matter not to me nor do I have any intention of combing through your posts on this website. We are specifically talking about the sticker in the picture you posted.

You throwing a tantrum and getting politely asked to calm down does not mean you get to take the high road after you made a fool of yourself.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, JB94 said:

If I'm not mistaken, you're also the member who believes the Annihilator Stealth is a good investment, so I'm just going to cease this discussion here ✌🏽

Irrelevant to the discussion, if you need to resort to ad hominem then you had no point in the first place. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:07 PM, ACR said:

All that bragging seems artificial to just boost his ego

His whole character seems like that to me.

They could have just done a two-hour cutscene of him wanking in front of a mirror to his own reflection, and it would have been no different to what we got now.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, RyuNova said:

May I remind you that you specifically posted about the NO2 sticker

Like I said; Very selective vision -

On 7/22/2021 at 7:59 AM, JB94 said:

The straw that broke the camel's back.

You don't understand the meaning of this phrase that you specifically quoted earlier, do you?

Thus making your entire argument invalid.

Edited by JB94
missing you