4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Los Santos Tuners - Bitch & Moan

Lonely-Martin

On 7/26/2021 at 4:22 AM, BeatsDown said:

Why is there a Schedule Planner from 2003 in my brand new Auto Shop???

https://pasteboard.co/KcVJEVb.png

Easter egg of some kind? Maybe the guy who did it was hired in 2003.

• Like 1

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

On 7/26/2021 at 1:50 AM, clinical oppression said:

I want rep for hosts being too scared and kicking me from syreet race lobbies only to be frozen at the resoawn in palette Bay and have to close app 

Getting kicked from street races should give you 5K Reputation points, just beause you're that feared.

On 7/26/2021 at 5:49 PM, Moth said:

Easter egg of some kind? Maybe the guy who did it was hired in 2003.

This may be a reference to Need For Speed Underground.
This game was released in 2003 and is still known today as an iconic game of tuner culture.

Hiddenshadow
On 7/26/2021 at 8:13 AM, GhillieMaster said:

WHY TF don't they have the same anti griefing mechanisms in place from the open wheel races. Losers driving backwards in the races took me out of 1st place wins multiple times now.

Street races literally have sections where the same road is used, but in the opposite direction. E.G. the one in Paleto on the main highway can have players coming into that section from the northeast side, as other players are driving up to the slaughterhouse entrance from the southwest, making it so a (head-on) collision can easily occur.

These track layouts seem to be designed to induce collisions, including with the ridiculously tight shortcuts (especially the one where you have to squeeze between two containers in an alley is pretty much impossible to do at speed, so massive pileups often ensue). A lot of the shortcuts also end perpendicular to the main route, making it very easy to get T-boned, and/or (accidentally) take someone out.

Non-contact is pretty much the only way to get a clean race out of most people; it's more of a communal time trial than a race, but if you're playing with random lobbies that may be the preferable option.

I spent most of yesterday evening trying to get into Street races, only to be kicked from the job. Multiple times. I'm not even that good at racing - I'm over level 500 in this game only because I started playing in 2013, not because I'm some kind of relentless MLG unit who's hell-bent on stealing your pwecious victories

I'm not even trying to win half the time because even after eight years I can't seem to master the clown physics of the cars in this game, I'm just happy to drive my new ride while earning some rep to get a couple of jackets from the car meet.

Oh and the Pursuit mode is a total train (car?) wreck. It might be remotely fun if it wasn't for kamikaze racers and physics-bending terminator cops

Lonely-Martin

No sunset tint glasses yet, no coveralls either. 

And looking at the next batch to come after August 2nd, I feel it'll be a long month of support tickets. *sigh*

R*/T2:

'You know what, I bet we can increase player interactions by completely borking up the rewards so they have to message us weekly'

Also R*/T2: 'Give that person a raise for dreaming up such gold' 

🤣🤣🤣

On 7/26/2021 at 12:39 PM, Lonely-Martin said:

'You know what, I bet we can increase player interactions by completely borking up the rewards so they have to message us weekly'

Getting players to sign in daily to check to see if the item has been added...?

GET THAT MAN A PROMOTION!

On 7/26/2021 at 11:39 AM, GOKI JET said:

This may be a reference to Need For Speed Underground.
This game was released in 2003 and is still known today as an iconic game of tuner culture.

It's probably not deliberate, but it feels appropriate, so it gets a pass. ;)

Also Midnight Club II came out in 2003 - good grief, that was such a good year for street racing games...

• Like 2

Black-Dragon96
On 7/26/2021 at 6:59 AM, drizztle said:

For the MOC chasing ,

I recommend the c4 set, 5 c4 can blow the barrage out of the MOC, kill the driver and pessengers, take the barrage, get on the railway to evade enemies, use the mount machine gun to take down the MOC b4 they arrive the destination.

Anyway this mission is really troublesome.....

Yeah but the set that has C4 has a heavy sniper as main weapon that is not very usefull in this kind of mission.

Thats what I meant, the weaponsets are garbage. The "attack package" has a decent auto rifle but all the other weapons are sh*t. The "sniper pagkage" has a rifle that is of limited use and decent explosives but the self defense part is lacking. The "shotgun package" is garbage overall.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:04 AM, BeatsDown said:

You can actually get an Oppressor Mk II and take everyone out with ease and destroy the MOC's bar in just a few seconds, then fly off to the final drop. Speedrunning the 2 preps and finale I reckon we can complete the whole thing in about 10 mins as a 2-player :)

Cool, yet again "use the mk2 and its doable".

Having to use tricks to do the mission just highlights its bad design.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:22 AM, BeatsDown said:

It's a reused asset. I first noticed it in the Bikers DLC Document Forgery building. You can see it in the Cayo plasma cutter setup mission that uses the same interior. 

Hiddenshadow

Players: What a cool little Easter egg, R* really puts neat little details everywhere!

R*, billion dollar gaming company: Copy-paste goes brrr

Kiethblacklion

So is there really any benefit to fixing a customer's car and delivering it? I've done a few and it seems that I don't really earn all that much from it. I spend $20,000 up front to modify a customer's car. I deliver the car and get a full refund but I'm also given whatever "bonus" for delivering it without damage. So really, I'm just earning the bonus money which is about on par with farming one or two contact missions (like Titan of a Job) on hard. Is it really worth to effort to deliver the cars? Or perhaps I'm missing something.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:06 PM, Kiethblacklion said:

So is there really any benefit to fixing a customer's car and delivering it? I've done a few and it seems that I don't really earn all that much from it. I spend $20,000 up front to modify a customer's car. I deliver the car and get a full refund but I'm also given whatever "bonus" for delivering it without damage. So really, I'm just earning the bonus money which is about on par with farming one or two contact missions (like Titan of a Job) on hard. Is it really worth to effort to deliver the cars? Or perhaps I'm missing something.

Different cars pay out different amounts. Most I believe is $80k in total. They only take a few minutes to equip and deliver, so worth doing if you can be bothered.

Kiethblacklion
On 7/26/2021 at 1:39 PM, BeatsDown said:

Different cars pay out different amounts. Most I believe is $80k in total. They only take a few minutes to equip and deliver, so worth doing if you can be bothered.

With the introduction of these customer cars by whatever Ms. Satan's real name is, I thought there was something about adding extra modifications that would increase the bonus value. However, I was so irritated with her voice acting that I tuned it out (pun not intended). 

On 7/26/2021 at 6:41 PM, Kiethblacklion said:

With the introduction of these customer cars by whatever Ms. Satan's real name is, I thought there was something about adding extra modifications that would increase the bonus value. However, I was so irritated with her voice acting that I tuned it out (pun not intended). 

It literally tells you at the bottom of the screen what mods to equip. Not doing these correctly will ruin your payout.

Kiethblacklion
On 7/26/2021 at 1:43 PM, BeatsDown said:

It literally tells you at the bottom of the screen what mods to equip. Not doing these correctly will ruin your payout.

I know it shows at the bottom of the screen what to equip on the car. But for some reason, I thought I saw something regarding increasing the value above what the customer wanted. 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:32 PM, WHAT!? said:

Yeah I'm kinda getting to a place where I wouldn't mind having the choice to disassociate with certain game characters. Not like a full blown RPG system where dialogue stops and you have to consider a response but more like a "choose your own adventure" branching system. Simple yes or no options I guess. There are several game characters (mainly English Dave and Moodymann) that I would just love to be rid of forever.   

I have to say this is the first GTA game where I'm getting characters I just can't stand. This latest cast of characters since the Night Club update are particularly horrible though. Honestly these are people I would sooner punch in the face than speak to.

::Not including Pavel in that last statement (obviously).::

GTA is now getting cosy with today's 'strangers and freaks' so to say and using them as characters in their game but I think just about every DLC character is annoying. Agent 14 was kinda cool yet the typical film government crook. Older Jimmy De Santa is actually insanely cringey, as is Lazlow of today and Tony Prince. English Dave gives off a Maccer copycat vibe which pissed me off a bit and Moodymann is plain annoying

Edited by Fidzy
  • Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 1:48 PM, Kiethblacklion said:

I know it shows at the bottom of the screen what to equip on the car. But for some reason, I thought I saw something regarding increasing the value above what the customer wanted. 

Yeah at the intro it says you can technically mod the vehicle however you like. You may get a higher rating from the customer, or they may hate it and you'll get a more negative rating instead. So essentially you can take a sure thing by following the parts list, or you can gamble a bit and see where you come out at.

• Like 1

im50CZq.gif
Mii44or.gif

Black-Dragon96
On 7/26/2021 at 9:32 AM, SummerFreeze said:

Pointing the nose up/down are different controls for aircraft and submarines, so you may have to change these.

The controls are the same as they were before the Update and the day before the update they worked.

And even if my controls were diffrent the result wouldn't be "moving the stick one way does something and moving it the opposite way does nothing".

These ... somehow managed to break the steering when they added the interior view for the avisa. A vehicle that they added in the previous update. So spaghetti code cant be the issue.

Kiethblacklion
On 7/26/2021 at 3:02 PM, WHAT!? said:

Yeah at the intro it says you can technically mod the vehicle however you like. You may get a higher rating from the customer, or they may hate it and you'll get a more negative rating instead. So essentially you can take a sure thing by following the parts list, or you can gamble a bit and see where you come out at.

Thanks. 

SummerFreeze
On 7/26/2021 at 9:47 PM, Black-Dragon96 said:

The controls are the same as they were before the Update and the day before the update they worked.

And even if my controls were diffrent the result wouldn't be "moving the stick one way does something and moving it the opposite way does nothing".

These ... somehow managed to break the steering when they added the interior view for the avisa. A vehicle that they added in the previous update. So spaghetti code cant be the issue.

The controls work for me from the cockpit view. What doesn't work for me is going back to 3rd person view until I reach the surface; and the camera moves from my char's head to the center of the Avisa when entering 1st person view. So I'm not saying there is NOT something weird going on. But submersibles do have their own control settings.

Black-Dragon96
On 7/26/2021 at 10:10 PM, SummerFreeze said:

The controls work for me from the cockpit view. What doesn't work for me is going back to 3rd person view until I reach the surface; and the camera moves from my char's head to the center of the Avisa when entering 1st person view. So I'm not saying there is NOT something weird going on. But submersibles do have their own control settings.

What system are you on? I'm on PC.

Controlls dont work in first person or third person for me.

Camera is fine appart from the fact that it is in the center of the sub but I believe thats intentional.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:13 AM, GhillieMaster said:

How tf did they drop the ball so hard on this reputation system. Good lord im not even a game dev and I can come up with a better system than this garbage. And WHY TF don't they have the same anti griefing mechanisms in place from the open wheel races. Losers driving backwards in the races took me out of 1st place wins multiple times now.

Short answer: They're lazy enough to not bother to code that in, or just don't have a reason to do that.

Long answer: Open wheel races requires clean racing because any damages on the Open Wheel cars can be catastrophic and end your race, thanks to the damages they can get to their aero parts.

On top of that, those tracks are made in a way that pretty much guarantees the players to be driving in one direction, making it easy for the game to know when they are not driving in the direction they're supposed to, so the game can flag them to be ghosted.

Also notice that those measures are only available on R* created Open wheel races, for user created races those features are not available(at least they weren't back then, on the test track I made way before this update).

That's also the same thing with Arena War races(Wreck It), the players are expected to be driving in just one direction so the game can tell who's griefing by driving in the other direction or just blocking the road, and ghost them.

Could they do something about that? Possibly:

The game kinda already knows when you're stuck in a race because a info prompt telling you that you can reset your car by holding a button appears.

And for land/stunt races there's the splash warning telling you you're driving on the wrong...But I know of a few R* created stunt races where you go up on vertical tubes and jumps were the game thinks you're driving on the wrong way, and even drops down your position when you get overtaken by another car, even though you're ahead of them.

But it seems that either they just can't do that, or they just don't have the incentive to do that (they had the incentive for open wheel races, since the griefing there can result in the cars being too damaged like I said...No idea about Arena War though).

Edited by Pedinhuh

SummerFreeze
On 7/26/2021 at 10:49 PM, Black-Dragon96 said:

What system are you on? I'm on PC.

Controlls dont work in first person or third person for me.

Camera is fine appart from the fact that it is in the center of the sub but I believe thats intentional.

Default for submersibles is numpad, isn't it?

Black-Dragon96
On 7/26/2021 at 10:56 PM, SummerFreeze said:

Default for submersibles is numpad, isn't it?

No idea.

I always play it with an XBox 360 Controller.

I thought if there's an update where they give us more wheel colors it's gonna be this one but nooooo it's 2021 and the closest color to actual gold we have is bronze

• Like 4

Still REALLY disappointed about the payouts for other players on these Contracts. Seriously, who in their right mind is going to play in a group when the others get paid literal pennies? R* wants us to stop finding ways to play in Solo Lobbies and play together, and yet they refuse to pay other players a decent wage.

The host obviously does not need money seeing as they just dropped a minimum of a million on the place, at least let me decide the payouts.

• Like 1

Not only it's an unbearable grind to earn rep, that sh*t's broken, joined a couple of friends to do Head-to-Head and Scramble to earn rep, after 3 events not a single point was added, and i won the H2H and 1 scramble.

• Like 1

GoodTimesAhead

I'm 😠 it took R* this long to drop some serious Porsche whips (neon too quiet)..but man 👍 Jerry Seinfeld would be proud..maybe a 60s style too someday.

Edited by GoodTimesAhead
added content
  • Realistic Steak! 1

On 7/26/2021 at 1:22 AM, BeatsDown said:

2003!?!?!?

THREE!!!???!?!?!?!

Three as in 3 games?

GTA 3 was one of 3 main games along with GTA:SA and GTA: VC

GTA 3 was set in LC

GTA5 is set in SA

GTA6 SET IN VICE CITY CONFIRMED!

Sorry, had to