4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Los Santos Tuners - Bitch & Moan

Lonely-Martin

On 7/22/2021 at 7:51 PM, Need For Madness Auto said:

LMAO See Broughy1322 Upload Now,Its Top Speed Is 192 Km/h Or 119 Mph With The Position Of 39th In Sports

Try it with low stance.

Shiloh Comes
On 7/24/2021 at 10:47 PM, The Other Dude said:

We desperately need new modes or new races to help with gaining rep. The few street and pursuit races are not enough. They get boring real quick. For a ranking system that is so difficult to progress, there's really not much to do. 

Worst thing about the update for me are the races. For anyone who ground street races back in the day prior to Cunning Stunts and who smiles whimsically when they see names like Congestion Charge, On The G.O.H, Business Trip, At The Races and all the other old faves, these are just crap and boring as hell.

Do a pursuit race, and when you are done, go play On The G.O.H, 5 laps, with wanted levels on.

Now THAT was pursuit, and fun.

Edited by Shiloh Comes

Need For Madness Auto
On 7/25/2021 at 12:56 PM, evansgc said:

Try it with low stance.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 12:01 AM, Jenkiiii said:

Good idea for them! I'm not justifying it or agreeing with Rockstar, but these guys are much cleverer than we are as the squabbling masses, and the fact that everyone is complaining about it and jumping on board demonstrates what a massive success this is, which is all Rockstar aim for, to have everyone talking about their game and making headlines, good or bad, all over some liveries and personal apparel, it's genius marketing. They are very good at what they do and I'm impressed at how many people are anxious over in-game visuals they may never use.

Nice to not see you complain about their sh*tty marketing tactics for once

Edited by kenmy13999
  • KEKW 2

"Press Q to tune your car"

Nuh-uh, doesn't work, sweaty.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 4:24 PM, Shiloh Comes said:

Worst thing about the update for me are the races. For anyone who ground street races back in the day prior to Cunning Stunts and who smiles whimsically when they see names like Congestion Charge, On The G.O.H, Business Trip, At The Races and all the other old faves, these are just crap and boring as hell.

Do a pursuit race, and when you are done, go play On The G.O.H, 5 laps, with wanted levels on.

Now THAT was pursuit, and fun.

This dlc follow the tuner fans wish, I believe that many ppl like the street race.

However....they dun provide enough race map and they dun allow us to earn reputation lv from other race is a fatal mistake

• Like 2

lost-in-emotions
On 7/25/2021 at 5:25 AM, 79'Blazer4x4 said:

Was it the V-STR? It's doing the same for me but I don't know if it's random or has to do with a specific order.

No the Opel/Vauxhall. Dunno the Name, ASGO or Something.

• Like 1

Hiddenshadow
On 7/25/2021 at 12:26 PM, lost-in-emotions said:

No the Opel/Vauxhall. Dunno the Name, ASGO or Something.

"Asbo", which is a reference to a citation issued for anti-social behavior in the UK (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-social_behaviour_order), including dangerous driving and noise pollution

• Like 2

Spectre "2K"

thank god the mod shop part of my mod shop doesn't work. The only part of my mod shop that is worth using. The one thing people tend to buy a mod shop for. Thank god that doesn't work

Edited by Spectre "2K"

The fact that the abilities such as wingman, setup etc. which can be used during contracts are tied to the rep levels but not actually earning rep for doing contracts is really f*cking scummy. 

• Like 6

anyone else having problems with the game not saving your progress in LS Car Meet? I got to level 39 and then the next day I was at level 26

the LS Car Meet Time Trial best lap is also not saved

Edited by vashekk

On 7/25/2021 at 12:03 PM, Hiddenshadow said:

"Asbo", which is a reference to a citation issued for anti-social behavior in the UK

This and due to the fact that the sh*ts that get them either own a Vauxhall Corsa or drive their Mums.

Torfar-Kolla
On 7/25/2021 at 1:00 PM, Polynoid said:

"Press Q to tune your car"

Nuh-uh, doesn't work, sweaty.

Do you have a car with free chrome wheels at your shop? Thats what broke my owned vehicle customisation, I got it working again after I switched the wheels and did a customer vehicle delivery (restart didnt help).

The whole thing is so bugged that I wonder if they do any testing at all. I now have an Auto Shop that I cant do the customer deliveries from. One of the cars is in a state where trying to deliver it just results in an error message, and the other one has no prompt for me to start tuning it at all. When the first bug appeared the R* support in their infinite wisdom told me to hardwire my DNS  settings to Google's servers and give them my IP if the problem does not go away. I have a feeling I wont be getting any help from their end, the whole thing is a giant clusterf*ck.

Edited by Torfar-Kolla

On 7/25/2021 at 3:16 PM, Torfar-Kolla said:

Do you have a car with free chrome wheels at your shop? Thats what broke my owned vehicle customisation, I got it working again after I switched the wheels and did a customer vehicle delivery (restart didnt help).

The whole thing is so bugged that I wonder if they do any testing at all. I now have an Auto Shop that I cant do the customer deliveries from. One of the cars is in a state where trying to deliver it just results in an error message, and the other one has no prompt for me to start tuning it at all. When the first bug appeared the R* support in their infinite wisdom told me to hardwire my DNS  settings to Google's servers and give them my IP if the problem does not go away. I have a feeling I wont be getting any help from their end, the whole thing is a giant clusterf*ck.

There seem to be two bugs with the auto shop right now:

1) When you buy an item that would ordinarily be free for you. (Unlocked chrome wheels, special liveries, etc.) Probably the bug is that Rockstar can't apply the 5% discount on free items.

2) An issue introduced in Rockstar's (failed) attempt to patch a dupe glitch, which I think prevents you from customizing cars when you drove into the shop. It seemingly can be fixed by walking out of the shop and entering on foot.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 1

Spectre "2K"

i've found a super inconvenient fix.

have a customer's car in your auto shop, load into a fresh lobby inside of your auto shop, make sure the car is already in there (recalling the vehicle because it spawns outside for some ungodly f*cking reason doesn't work) and only THEN does the workshop enable for me. If I deviate at all it goes back to being broken

• Like 1

Mister_Incredible92

So I guess I'm the only person in this thread that isn't irritated by Moodyman and Sessanta's dialogue....Oh well, 

For my B&M:

• The reputation system is grindy and ridiculous. Why can't our rep be increased by doing those contract missions and car selling? I mean, it would make sense if it did. Just like in San Andreas when, whenever we did a mission, our respect meter would increase. 
  • The cops in pursuit races are annoying. They constantly block you when you're trying to get around them after being stuck.
  • The extra stress from doing street races with randoms 
  • The clothes and liveries being locked behind the outrageous grind wall (awful idea R*) rather than paywall(which is something that I would prefer and not care). 

On 7/25/2021 at 6:55 AM, kenmy13999 said:

Nice to not see you complain about their sh*tty marketing tactics for once

Oh come on, man, you can do better than lazy flaming. I've been warned for less than this, and you used to be a good poster. What's happened?

Like it or loathe it, Rockstar marketing is the reason you need to grind hundreds of hours to get certain liveries when they could have opened up these items on launch. Would you prefer that they hid cars behind these grind walls! Of course not, so they hide non-essential items like clothes and liveries instead, not only as clever marketing to make people keep on playing and grinding, but also to give people something to work for over the coming weeks. Every time you race, you get a little money, more RP and some car-meer points.

Actually, what I hate is the weekly Rockstar promotions between updates of the same old businesses and adversary modes, where they over-market the game again and again, but I also respect how clever they are and how they've made a great core game last for eight years.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the update, what about you (all)? Not so much the new missions, which I've hardly touched at all, but the freedom of driving round the map looking for cars, winning races, getting awards and being more into cars.

• Like 1

Halal Cyborg

As money is meaningless to me really now after CP and knowing I can use that to make more if my 490m dissipates (bought everything on character 1 thus far and spent around 15m) I have completed just one of the new mini heists and spent all my time racing & completing the daily rep activities.

The Heists seem good but the dialogue makes my brain hurt. I guess Lester isn’t woke enough let alone Pavel to be in an update.

Id prefer Franklin or Lamar tbh they’re both convincing…maybe even CJ.

Why they didn’t make Hao the contact is beyond me & everyone else I think.

One more garage also wouldn’t hurt…maybe tie it to rep if necessary (sub 200 though)

The reputation system wouldn't be nearly as bad if the new mini-heists and their set ups actually granted reputation points. Each set up should give the equivalent of one street race worth of points, where as the finale should give double that. I'm not sure what Rockstar was thinking with this system as it seems very flawed.

• Like 8

On 7/25/2021 at 3:49 PM, Jenkiiii said:

Oh come on, man, you can do better than lazy flaming. I've been warned for less than this, and you used to be a good poster. What's happened?

Like it or loathe it, Rockstar marketing is the reason you need to grind hundreds of hours to get certain liveries when they could have opened up these items on launch. Would you prefer that they hid cars behind these grind walls! Of course not, so they hide non-essential items like clothes and liveries instead, not only as clever marketing to make people keep on playing and grinding, but also to give people something to work for over the coming weeks. Every time you race, you get a little money, more RP and some car-meer points.

Actually, what I hate is the weekly Rockstar promotions between updates of the same old businesses and adversary modes, where they over-market the game again and again, but I also respect how clever they are and how they've made a great core game last for eight years.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the update, what about you (all)? Not so much the new missions, which I've hardly touched at all, but the freedom of driving round the map looking for cars, winning races, getting awards and being more into cars.

Yeah, I think the reputation system is only really meant to get people to play daily, as the weekly events are to get people to play weekly. Like in analytics, daily player number seems to be something Rockstar focuses on right now as a measure of performance. It probably correlates with shark card sales.

I also believe the reputation system was originally intended for Cops 'n' Crooks -- with players advancing in either role. The "drug cars" and "exotic exports" were likely intended to alert other players in the lobby instead of simply something you drop off. So maybe the drug cars could be found by cop players and alerted the crook players, and vice versa for the exotic exports, with each side tasked to stop the player from delivering. Advancing in such a role I think would be a little more meaningful as a game mechanic, and it would also make more sense that players with lots of money could NOT simply buy advantages if they are meant for PvP. But if it's only liveries and clothing, it makes no sense to lock them away like this. Fortunately on PC I can cheat to get liveries and clothing.

The new missions I've enjoyed the most. The cars are nice but I'm not *that* much a fan of Japanese cars, Porsches, and Mustangs. Though I really like the Jester RR, Calico GTF, RT300, and the Remus is neat as well. The Sultan RS Classic I was looking forward the most but unfortunately it's just an underwhelming reskin of the Sultan Classic. Rockstar added some rally mods but excluded steering wheel and seats upgrades despite every other car in this DLC having them.

It will be interesting to see what Rockstar does with E&E. Will PC players continue to get the DLCs? If not, then it seems like a good time to stop playing for me.

• Like 3

Apparently the new auto-shop dupe gltich is so ridiculously easy to do that people are doing it by accident. A guy just posted on a FB group im in about accidentaly dupping a Futo GTX on a Tailgater S and asked if it happened to anyone else, poor guy lmao

how does something like this even happen :kekw: :kekw:  

• Like 2

Halal Cyborg

It’s beyond me why anyone even needs to dupe anymore…Cayo Perico is a legal money glitch equivalent with how much you can make from it.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:44 PM, Halal Cyborg said:

It’s beyond me why anyone even needs to dupe anymore…Cayo Perico is a legal money glitch equivalent with how much you can make from it.

I stopped grinding before I started glitching, so I never did the money glitches, but duping takes fewer than 5 minutes and pays as much as the CPH. So it's still a lot quicker and much easier, too, than getting good at the heist. Most of these kids doing it will probably sell the cars too quickly though and get put in the 1 car per day club, or even wiped.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:44 AM, Halal Cyborg said:

Laziness and/or lack of time to dedicate towards grinding. Lots of people would rather make 10+ mil in 20-30 minutes of duping compared to only 1.3-1.7 mil in 45 minutes to 1 hour of work. I refuse to touch any money exploits nowadays for the sole fact that Rockstar could crack down on it at any moment like they did with the garage selling exploit.

Halal Cyborg
On 7/25/2021 at 3:52 PM, Cavot said:

Laziness and/or lack of time to dedicate towards grinding. Lots of people would rather make 10+ mil in 20-30 minutes of duping compared to only 1.3-1.7 mil in 45 minutes to 1 hour of work. I refuse to touch any money exploits nowadays for the sole fact that Rockstar could crack down on it at any moment like they did with the garage selling exploit.

True, True but I will never need to grind again due to my previous well…grinding.

One thing is for sure its never been easier to make money right now and people still insisting on duping and cheating can have no complaints if sanctioned.

Edited by Halal Cyborg
  • Like 2

Pros: Contract Missions. Already started speedrunning these.

Getting a Porsche rip-off that actually looks like a Porsche.

Cons: Most cars are meh. Same as we already have.

How they didn't add a Mk3 Audi TT in TUNERS is beyond me.
LS Car Meet Rep system is a laughing stock.
Races are crap. Almost no thought in making them, just like all the other street races R* have ever made.

• Like 2

The new contacts are annoying, but you're afraid to complain, because it could turn out to be less PC than required.

Halal Cyborg

I do find it really cynical as someone owning everything that I booted up this update and went to race finding I owned no tuners apparently and had to use a stock vehicle.

They couldn’t have included the bejillion  tuners already in game in the tuners class?

Instead you’re forced to buy and upgrade a new car to race for pennies 😂 

I was going to buy everything anyway but that is disgusting. There are already Imprezas, Evos,Supra, Skyline, NSX, Type R, Eclipses etc etc

• Like 6

On 7/25/2021 at 3:49 PM, Jenkiiii said:

Well, you have been complaining a lot about their marketing tactics but when others complain about something with the game they're just anxious over things they might not use or whatever. I felt you were kinda condescending in your post and that's where my "flaming" in response came from. 

I would prefer if things was unlocked after a reasonable time put in and not 166 days of constant afk'ing or whatever it is. How many % of the player base do you think will play thousand of hours to unlock everything? To me these cosmetic items actually doesn't mean much but that doesn't necessarily mean I agree with the unreasonable grind wall they added and the only way things can be changed is if people voice their opinion and not blindly accept and worship everything R* does.

Everytime you race the new races you get some car meet points as long as you place high enough (from what I've seen here at least) and soon they will probably be as dry as all other races is whenever they're not double or triple money. 

I also enjoy the update even if I don't agree with everything R* does 

• Like 3

Low-grip tires do in fact work on all cars; they can be cheated/glitched on.

So... why can we only put them on the new cars???

Bruh.gif

Edited by SummerFreeze