4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Tips for earning quick rep points

FrugalDangerMan

Yellow Dog with Cone

This is literally Arena War all over again, except it's actually somehow worse.

I just wanted my Castrol and Spoon liveries, why R* why.

From looking at some game data... it's 10 rep points every 4 minutes for AFK'ing in the LS Car Meet. 
I can see all the different numbers for some other things, but I just don't know how to match them up. Fun to the rescue, hopefully. 

On 7/24/2021 at 3:54 PM, Gaffa said:

From looking at some game data... it's 10 rep points every 4 minutes for AFK'ing in the LS Car Meet. 
I can see all the different numbers for some other things, but I just don't know how to match them up. Fun to the rescue, hopefully. 

My testing over 8 hours resulted in about 4 rep per minute on average while wearing car meet clothes. Should be 5 average, but only receiving rep for 40 out of every 48 minutes means you miss out on two rep increases. 

• Like 2

FR_Player-One

Oh god... the amount of electricity bills this update will generate... 

That's a lot of sharkcards.

Paule The Gamer

so what do guys think about that head to head quit job quick rep , rp $500 exploit think rockstar will do somthing about that @Tez2

Okay, spent more time looking into this. It turns out there are one-time bonuses and daily bonuses (restarts per IRL day at same time as daily objectives).

Updated my list here with the daily bonuses. This also applies to the Mod shop bonus inside car meet. 75 Rep Points as one-time bonus and 50 Rep Points as daily bonus.

Daily bonuses are:

- Using Mod shop, 50 Rep points

- Visiting the car meet area grants 50 Rep points

- Using the test track with PV rewards 50 Rep points and another 50 Rep points from using a promoted car.

- Time Trial gives out 50 Rep points

- Street Races, 50 Rep points

- Pursuit Races, 50 Rep points

- Scramble race, 50 Rep points

- Sprint race, 50 Rep points

- Head to head, 50 Rep points

I'm not sure about this last one, but taking a spot or moving PV location grants 50 Rep points. Would be nice if someone can verify this.

In total, you could earn 550 Rep points from earning those daily bonuses.

Edited by Tez2

On 7/24/2021 at 12:21 PM, Giantsgiants said:

If you're AFKing on console, you should turn your TV off to prevent screen burn. The game will still be on.

Okay not sure if this is really necessary but my parents always told me this as a kid back when I had a Nintendo 64.

c1a420270beb023b7c3bf20ca65a028ae6083c94

Paule The Gamer

so what do guys think about that head to head quit job quick rep , rp $500 exploit think rockstar will do somthing about that @Tez2 ? I meant that exploit its on youtube   

On 7/25/2021 at 3:08 AM, Paule The Gamer said:

so what do guys think about that head to head quit job quick rep , rp $500 exploit think rockstar will do somthing about that @Tez2 ? I meant that exploit its on youtube   

Dude, did you just double pinged valued member of community, without even being coherent ?

On 7/24/2021 at 1:21 PM, Giantsgiants said:

If you're AFKing on console, you should turn your TV off to prevent screen burn. The game will still be on.

Okay not sure if this is really necessary but my parents always told me this as a kid back when I had a Nintendo 64.

Well this is actually true... my TV looks darker now bc some led lights on the back got burnt.

• Like 2

enjoyingorc6742
On 7/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, Tez2 said:

I'm not sure about this last one, but taking a spot or moving PV location grants 50 Rep points. Would be nice if someone can verify this.

In total, you could earn 550 Rep points from earning those daily bonuses.

just did some quick math, if you did NOTHING else other than that, it'd take you 1,814 days to get to level 1000. and after level 93, it'll take you two days to level up once.

tbh, that's a LONG time but at least it isn't playing AW for 52 days straight winning EVERY SINGLE event.

Edited by enjoyingorc6742

I dont have a problem with things being unlocked by reaching the level, and not being able to be bought for a higher price.

It means getting to the levels actually means something.

But the amount of levels and rep needed to go up/methods to earn rep are too far skewed.

Less levels needed, and/or easier to get rep would be fine if they got the balance right.

Agatha Baker

I only need level 20 for the takeover, and I'll be gone from collecting rep points. 

Lonely-Martin
On 7/25/2021 at 6:13 AM, JamesBCFC said:

I dont have a problem with things being unlocked by reaching the level, and not being able to be bought for a higher price.

It means getting to the levels actually means something.

But the amount of levels and rep needed to go up/methods to earn rep are too far skewed.

Less levels needed, and/or easier to get rep would be fine if they got the balance right.

I agree, both this and the arena are far too strong, and the 20 ranks for RDRO roles seem a bit short.

They should have just gone with 100 on both games I feel, nice round number. :)

• Like 7

On 7/25/2021 at 10:40 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

I agree, both this and the arena are far too strong, and the 20 ranks for RDRO roles seem a bit short.

They should have just gone with 100 on both games I feel, nice round number. :)

Yeah 100 might work, but at that number I'd be halving the current rate of earning rep.

The whole point of level locking stuff is so people have to work for it, and if you can get it all in a week then it's a bit self defeating (I'm level 44 on it and haven't been particularly grinding at it or anything) . Especially when there's 6 months or whatever to fill until the next DLC.

Or 100 at the current rate, but add some extra stuff to go with the dripfeed cars, each week adding 50 levels or something.

But then I'd also make the reward for getting the last level finished something a bit more substantial than just a racing suit or whatever it is.

Balances need to be found to get it all right though.

• Like 1

Hiddenshadow
On 7/25/2021 at 2:36 AM, Tez2 said:

As in, going to Mimi and moving your PV to a different parking spot?

FWIW, in all the times I've moved my PV I've never noticed a rep increase. Checked again today (after taking a demo car and my own vehicle into the test track, in case that matters), and received no rep when changing parking spots (obviously not gospel, but perhaps a data point)

- Visiting the car meet area grants 50 Rep points

Could this be, specifically: Visiting the car meet area with a vehicle? I've gone in on foot, vehicle outside, then called the mechanic inside to get the vehicle, and received rep

• Like 2

SummerFreeze
On 7/25/2021 at 1:31 PM, Hiddenshadow said:

Could this be, specifically: Visiting the car meet area with a vehicle? I've gone in on foot, vehicle outside, then called the mechanic inside to get the vehicle, and received rep

Yeah, it seems like visiting the car meet, and visiting it with a vehicle are two different things. But if you do the latter you get the first bonus along with it.

Does anyone get a warning alert for doing the Head-to-Head glitch?

I got a warning alert after rank up about 10 levels. It said "Transaction failed because Rockstar game servers received too many requests from your game."

Just asked Mimi to move my PV, no Rep points received.

Maybe if you spend a full day at the same spot and you change it, the game gives you the same 50 rep points as if you go inside the LSCM with a vehicle.

• Like 2

SummerFreeze
On 7/25/2021 at 2:01 PM, JeyM said:

Maybe if you spend a full day at the same spot and you change it, the game gives you the same 50 rep points as if you go inside the LSCM with a vehicle.

It's possible that since you can enter the car meet on foot and request a vehicle once inside (via the mechanic), the game does the check for the rep bonus just in case when you move the car to a different spot.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:21 AM, Giantsgiants said:

True, but if you’re on PS5 make sure you turn off the the HDMI communication, or else turning off the Tv will tell the console to go to sleep mode.

• Like 2

It seems people are having fun with ramming and track blockers, so if you don't know how to be host and use non-contact:

1) Set Online Options 'Matchmaking - Closed' and 'Remain Host After Voting - On'

2) Launch one of the races from the pause menu > jobs

3) You should be host, but, matchmaking won't work yet, so spam autoinvite and launch with 1 player (1 lap, non-contact)

4) Next lobby, just open matchmaking and wait. You should get 2 or 3 players

5) The next lobby, you'll find you almost instantly pick up whole lobbies, which is good because 5-8 players pays best rep

To grind best use the shortest tracks and always set 1 lap, you don't get any rep boost for time or number of laps, just number of players.

Edited by Gridl0k

On 7/25/2021 at 9:27 PM, LennyGhoul said:

Once again "The only winning move is not to play." (or at least play AFK).

Not really. Winning move is to play races, and be good at it. And guess what. The unlocks are racing clothes and car upgrades.

• excuseme 1
  • Bruh 1

Giantsgiants
On 7/25/2021 at 1:36 PM, OzakiLeona said:

Not really. Winning move is to play races, and be good at it. And guess what. The unlocks are racing clothes and car upgrades.

Yes racing is faster for gaining rep but good luck doing those for hours on end without going insane from the typical public race f*ckery that goes on there. I get consistent top three finishes in the street races and even I get flustered after a few races. Going AFK is not the fastest way, but it's the least stressful way. I work in the air travel industry which is already tiring and stressful as it is and the last thing I want when I come home is more stress due to the chaos of 12-year-olds using my virtual car as their brake. I'd rather leave my console AFK while I chill with a movie.

• Like 12

On 7/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, OzakiLeona said:

Just win more than 4k races bro. 

On 7/25/2021 at 2:31 PM, Hiddenshadow said:

On 7/25/2021 at 3:01 PM, JeyM said:

From what I have checked, it seems more likely tied with having your vehicle taking a spot inside the car meet area or the Private takeover area.

You're supposed to receive 50 Rep from just visiting the car meet area. Have it occurred to you that you visited the car meet on foot and noticed a Rep increase immediately? If so, that would be the visit car meet reward and if you call in your PV, that would be this reward we're discussing.

I tried to check it today, but I went in with my vehicle and I assume that added up the two rewards.

Lonely-Martin
On 7/25/2021 at 12:01 PM, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah 100 might work, but at that number I'd be halving the current rate of earning rep.

The whole point of level locking stuff is so people have to work for it, and if you can get it all in a week then it's a bit self defeating (I'm level 44 on it and haven't been particularly grinding at it or anything) . Especially when there's 6 months or whatever to fill until the next DLC.

Or 100 at the current rate, but add some extra stuff to go with the dripfeed cars, each week adding 50 levels or something.

But then I'd also make the reward for getting the last level finished something a bit more substantial than just a racing suit or whatever it is.

Balances need to be found to get it all right though.

I can appreciate that it should be something to work at, but in a fun way of course and shouldn't feel like actual work. Or in this case, almost encourage AFK play. Gaming should be fun first and either grinding or AFK play just aren't for me/many.

As you said, balance is key to it all. I feel R* would have been better off underestimating us players and started low with this sort of thing and if it seems players are breezing through too quickly, they have the option of not only increasing it a bit next time they do a new ranking system, but like RDRO with the roles (and as you suggested), they can create an expansion to the system that we have and make increases until they find that sweet spot. R* could easily gather the numbers/stats from our accounts to make better calls as we go forward on something like this I'm sure.

Unfortunately I can't see them readjust it so having the option to add to it would be a better approach I believe. I am surprised after the arena 1000 ranks got plenty of negative feedback that they went again with that much, maybe it's a sign they plan on keeping this game going for another 5 years or more.

Course, as others suggest, trade prices like the arena as a plan B. Then at least it's player choice. As this stands currently, I'll plod through to get trade prices on cars and simply forget about the rep system like I did the arena, I'm all for a challenge, but this is too much it becomes off-putting to even contemplate. If I get there in a few years one day, fair enough, but I can't see it, I'm only just past rank 110 in Arena Wars, lol.

Aside this aspect though, I am enjoying the DLC. :)

• Like 5

Shadowfennekin

Been well over 24 hours since I last did anything.... yet I'm getting zero rep from anything :/

• Like 2

BadSportAbort

This is completely out of hand. 1) I'm not a racer, furthermore, I'm not a dirty racer, so I'm never going to win or place in the top 3. 2) I don't have the patience for the idiots that milk the clock restarting it in hopes to allow more racers to join. 3) If you delay starting the race 90 seconds, after 4 races, you could have hosted another race. 4) none of the modes or tracks are conducive to fun, they are all just a pileup waiting to happen. 5)I really can't get the livery or wheels I like because I'm not a racer. 6) Get a clue R*, last time you had double or triple cash in Area War no one played, it's a waste of time and resources for you to continue to introduce content that offends the community.