FrugalDangerMan

Yep, the new list appeared on time. 

• Like 1

PX3Z1ZX.png

FlashTracer
On 7/27/2021 at 2:53 AM, ash-274 said:

a1sQ3zV.jpg

Barring new data, I think this is the final version

Can someone please explain - "One time" means "first time in real day", "once per real day" means "second time in real day"?

On 7/28/2021 at 7:10 AM, FlashTracer said:

Can someone please explain - "One time" means "first time in real day", "once per real day" means "second time in real day"?

"One Time" literally means you get that amount once, the first time you do it.

"Once Per Real Day" is once every 24 IRL hours, the reset is at like 3AM Eastern according to Fun. Although mine doesn't seem to reset until an hour after that, lol.

• Like 2

FrugalDangerMan
On 7/28/2021 at 8:18 AM, ilRae said:

...the reset is at like 3AM Eastern according to Fun. Although mine doesn't seem to reset until an hour after that, lol.

That hour difference probably has something to do with Daylight Savings Time v Standard Time.

FrugalDangerMan
On 7/26/2021 at 4:03 PM, Tez2 said:

Same, I tried the test track exit screen method but with no avail. It was before both Friday's & today's background updates. I assume I just didn't attempt it right.

Fortunately, I found an easier way, I just slide my controller under the edge of my TV enough to hit & lock in dpad down, so that I keep hovering over character selection. Although, this may not work with everyone's TV set.

Update. It does work and I'll edit my previous comment accordingly. 

Went from 53 to 56 this morning while testing if I was previously mistaken. 

I was.

Scramble and Head-to-head doesn't give rep anymore ? (no daily bonus and no rep when winning..)

On 7/25/2021 at 7:01 AM, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah 100 might work, but at that number I'd be halving the current rate of earning rep.

The whole point of level locking stuff is so people have to work for it, and if you can get it all in a week then it's a bit self defeating (I'm level 44 on it and haven't been particularly grinding at it or anything) . Especially when there's 6 months or whatever to fill until the next DLC.

Or 100 at the current rate, but add some extra stuff to go with the dripfeed cars, each week adding 50 levels or something.

But then I'd also make the reward for getting the last level finished something a bit more substantial than just a racing suit or whatever it is.

Balances need to be found to get it all right though.

That's all well and good but there are plenty of better things to do in this game than AFK in a garage. All things being equal I want this rep grind done as soon as possible. Even if I have to pay for it.

• Like 1

Cash 4 Clickbait

Given that this has been the most successful update for population numbers, I'm curious how long R* will go before making an Event Week in which they Double $ & RP for LST, as well as, or perhaps even Triple Car Meet Rep.

I went in thinking, just get to Rank 30 and be done with it, there's nothing past it that appeals to me... except ONE thing. The Flame On livery for the Dominator GTT at Rank 139, as it's my go to livery for any vehicle that has it, Primary: Metallic Midnight Purple, Secondary: Chrome, Trim: Red, Livery: Flame On. When it comes to taking down the U.D., in Trevor Philips fashion; if you think I'm taking down the Union Depository in anything other than my Western Daemon, you don't know me, bro... but seeing as I'm not allowed to use it thanks to vehicle restrictions, a Dominator with the same paint job is a no complaints alternative.

Edited by Cash 4 Clickbait

On 7/28/2021 at 8:49 PM, GTAMamba said:

That's all well and good but there are plenty of better things to do in this game than AFK in a garage. All things being equal I want this rep grind done as soon as possible. Even if I have to pay for it.

Exactly. Grinding isn't fun, neither are the ways to gain REP. I don't mind a few hours of grind to get the stuff that I want and move on, but I'll never have the patience to grind this stuff until I unlock the PRB livery at a near level 200.

• Like 7

Yellow Dog with Cone
On 7/26/2021 at 7:20 PM, OzakiLeona said:

I see concept of reward is too complex for some people.

I see the concept of balance between time and rewards is too complex for some people.

Well, my recipe is leaving the game at 400x300 via resolution scale, and then just leave the character there on the meet until I get lvl 100 (to get all wheels).

R* needs to rollback on this bullsh*t and let us buy the dammed things for a higher price like it is with Arena War merch and upgrades.

The payouts are hot garbage, the races are fun but they needed to be far more varied than what they are, and to top it off these races are already getting deserted.

Oh yeah, there's the Calico too...That sh*t is f*cking bonkers and you gotta have it or you gonna have a hard time beating those who have it...although all things considered, the Jester RR has a very good chance of beating it in races with sharp corners.

My Arena War is at 64 and will probably never go up again, I don't see my rep rank getting any higher than 100 because of this.

Once again, another update centered around a very interesting idea, but just poorly executed.

Still a 10/10 update IMO

• Like 6

On 7/28/2021 at 10:42 PM, Pedinhuh said:

Oh yeah, there's the Calico too...That sh*t is f*cking bonkers and you gotta have it or you gonna have a hard time beating those who have it...although all things considered, the Jester RR has a very good chance of beating it in races with sharp corners.

I'll be honest: Calico brought lower lap times, but I... hate driving that thing. So I do just well enough with the Jester RR

Edited by ieu_redfox

touchedmysoul09
On 7/28/2021 at 9:46 PM, ieu_redfox said:

I'll be honest: Calico brought lower lap times, but I... hate driving that thing. So I do just well enough with the Jester RR

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I enjoy driving some of the other cars much more.

• Like 2

My export list hasn't updated since Sunday and I haven't gotten any daily bonuses since then either, slightly annoying.  

On 7/24/2021 at 10:25 AM, ACR said:

Imagine heating your console or pc components just to advance some levels and even then you would need months or years doing this for hours daily to reach max level. 

I put it on 800x600, then put the scaling on 0.5x. But then, I'm only doing it to the lvl 100, then I say bye

On 7/27/2021 at 9:11 PM, Myrvold said:

Actually I love it. Somewhat the same feeling as ranking up when I first got the game on X360 years ago.

Imagine if they crammed all this stuff into 200-300 levels (same points needed) instead of 1000! Or even 500, but paid out for anything car-related... That would've been awesome. It would've meant that tuning, stunting, racing, selling, sourcing etc. would have an additional meaning.
This isn't fun.

This. I just don't understand us not getting anything out of the 4.5 million dollar auto shop we purchased. As bad as this system is, if we at least got some rep out of the missions I wouldn't even be complaining.

It's like Rockstar made it a point to give everyone no options, and to force everyone to burn their consoles up walking in circles at the meet. It's extremely sad for what's an otherwise great update.

I love races but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit through thousands just to buy a t shirt in an 8 year old game. I'd really like to know what their mindset was when they came up with this, I mean this is like trolling level bad. That's Rockstar though, take things that seem so obvious and find a way to make them complicated.

Edited by GTAMamba

On 7/28/2021 at 4:43 AM, ash-274 said:

The list of all the levels, points, unlocks, and AFK times

I tried making this into a image like the last chart, but it's just too massive.

I'll eventually add all the prices of the clothing as I can unlock more

Uhhh... sorry dude but there is no way that it only takes 4 hours afk to get to level 183 rep according to your chart.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:46 AM, EMEUTIER said:

Uhhh... sorry dude but there is no way that it only takes 4 hours afk to get to level 183 rep according to your chart.

It's AFK hours needed to reach the next level between each level. In total that would be 399 hours to reach level 183.

I do agree that it should have been clarified.

Edited by Tez2

On 7/29/2021 at 10:08 AM, Tez2 said:

It's AFK hours needed to reach the next level between each level. In total that would be 399 hours to reach level 183.

I do agree that it should have been clarified.

kind of sad seeing this high numbers

(from 0-1000 it takes around 4k afk hours (if my math isn't wrong lol))

Edited by Moewe755

Halal Cyborg

I never get the daily bonuses for car meet activities anymore. Dashboarded and still nothing 

Helena_GTA
On 7/27/2021 at 2:43 PM, ash-274 said:

The list of all the levels, points, unlocks, and AFK times

I tried making this into a image like the last chart, but it's just too massive.

I'll eventually add all the prices of the clothing as I can unlock more

So, I need about 11.5 days of AFK to get to 162 from level 51 if I added this up correctly. Eww. Need to complete my PRB collection though...............

So I waited at rep lvl. 44 and just now hit 45 to unlock the trade price for the Comet S2... nada

So it turns out I am actually unlocking unreleased cars?

You see ? RS adds silly rewards for insane investment .. and yet people will grind them. Like this next time RS will make the requirements even higher.

Just ignore the reputation. You don't really need those liveries and shirts. Don't let RS dictate what to do in game. Do what you enjoy.

• Like 2

Looks like I lucked out since I accidentally hit 45 at Tuesday and the S2 had its trade price ready to go for me, so I can confirm that if you already are at level 75 you have all trade prices unlocked.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

On 7/29/2021 at 1:46 PM, OzakiLeona said:

You don't really need those liveries and shirts.

Thank f*ck wheels top out at 100

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 2:46 PM, OzakiLeona said:

You don't really need those liveries

There's a Sprunk livery locked at something like 180 levels and I'm very pissed about that.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:22 AM, EkaSwede said:

There's a Sprunk livery locked at something like 180 levels and I'm very pissed about that.

144.  It was my goal until I saw the last livery for the Dominator GTT.

• Like 1

Is there any confirmation on unlocking trade prices for vehicles not yet available?

I've gone from rep level 52-55 today and still haven't unlocked the S2 trade price 

Edited by andyt5303

On 7/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, andyt5303 said:

Is there any confirmation on unlocking trade prices for vehicles not yet available?

I've gone from rep level 52-55 today and still haven't unlocked the S2 trade price 

I already had the trade price unlocked when I logged in this morning so yes, we unlock trade prices for vehicles not in the game yet