4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Tips for earning quick rep points

FrugalDangerMan

On 7/26/2021 at 11:32 PM, DAMND said:

I have been sitting in my car with constant input to R2 button or W key (with a macro) to rev the engine. My thought was that this would count the bonus you get for being inside the car meet and wearing the meet clothing. Whereas anything on the test track doesn't give you the bonus.

Do I have that right?

You do get the bonus on either the car meet area and test track. It's just that from the technical side, Rockstar can double/triple the bonus for test track while the car meet one remains the same and vice versa.

SummerFreeze
On 7/26/2021 at 6:18 PM, lost-in-emotions said:

uhmm, will i get RP if i BUY A CAR in the LS Car Meet?

I bought now the Calico über SASS and realized it.

Maybe i should bought it vie Quick-Buy ... o.O

No, you don't get rep for buying the car directly at the meet.

But they may have unique colors; for example the test Calico has pure white wheels. (Irrelevant on PC though, because pure white wheels get reset.)

On 7/26/2021 at 9:40 PM, Vallence said:

Isn't there also one for doing a lap of the test track time trial? You don't have to beat your record, just finish a lap.

Yes, you can do a time trial lap per day to get bonus rep.

Edited by SummerFreeze

BadSportAbort

To be clear, someone suggested that you only race with 3 people to ensure you win. Sorry, the challenge series requires 5 racers, so yeah, if you find 2 other people willing to tank the race, maybe you could win. I have grinded this game and my rank is nearly 2000, I have every trophy I want , even racing trophies, but I don't like to race. 

Maybe instead of insinuating people aren't good enough, maybe you should consider the fact that every game mode doesn't appeal to everyone and locking rewards behind it, puts people at an unfair advantage to have content they want. What if all future bike related content was locked behind Deadline? 

Give me a break, I love racing games, I grew up with need for speed and Grand Turismo and have the Platinum Trophies, but the mechanics of those games is way better than the racing mechanics in this one. 

• Like 3

So how much RP do we get for completing a lap on the test track and how much for beating out own record time on it?

On 7/26/2021 at 12:24 PM, Halal Cyborg said:

Amazing very well done.

i think any PV will do modification wise no?

I also find the other stuff randomly not giving Rep sometimes in the meet…is it timed rather than resetting at 6am perhaps? 

Yep.  I change from one custom plate to another and get RP for it.

So.. has R* adjusted the rep levels? I say this because I was on the cusp of leveling up last night, from 37 to 38.

Fast forward to just now, as I drive into the Car Meet I'm leveled up to 38 like normally, however after doing a Test Drive along with a T.T. in my car, I noticed I'm roughly HALF full already.. I change the plate on my car, buy a couple pieces of clothing, and now I'm level 39. It was like 38 came and went in a matter of seconds almost. Is it just me? I don't normally recall filling an entire bar by just doing the normal sign in gigs. 

On 7/26/2021 at 3:05 PM, Blingy said:

So.. has R* adjusted the rep levels? I say this because I was on the cusp of leveling up last night, from 37 to 38.

Fast forward to just now, as I drive into the Car Meet I'm leveled up to 38 like normally, however after doing a Test Drive along with a T.T. in my car, I noticed I'm roughly HALF full already.. I change the plate on my car, buy a couple pieces of clothing, and now I'm level 39. It was like 38 came and went in a matter of seconds almost. Is it just me? I don't normally recall filling an entire bar by just doing the normal sign in gigs. 

You joined the Car meet (50-point bonus)

You entered the test track with a test vehicle (125-point bonus)

You modded a Tuner at the car meet (50-point bonus)

You bought Merch clothing (25-points for each one)

These are the levels and points needed for them.  They're all pretty close, so those bonuses go a long way

37 6575
38 6850

Hiddenshadow
On 7/26/2021 at 9:11 PM, ash-274 said:

Full credit to Tez; I just made the data more visually understandable

👍 for the clear visualization. Will point out though that there is no "e" in "pursuit", nor an apostrophe in "AFKing" (I assume "RP Earne" is a matter of not enough column width to display the "d")

Edited by Hiddenshadow

On 7/27/2021 at 7:24 AM, BadSportAbort said:

To be clear, someone suggested that you only race with 3 people to ensure you win. Sorry, the challenge series requires 5 racers

Can confirm thats not the case,my first 2 wins for the challenge were from a race with one other person and the third with 3 people.

• Like 3

On 7/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, Hiddenshadow said:

👍 for the clear visualization. Will point out though that there is no "e" in "pursuit", nor an apostrophe in "AFKing" (I assume "RP Earne" is a matter of not enough column width to display the "d")

Fixed for the next draft.  Thanks

• Like 1

@ash-274 Splendid spreadsheet, but you forgot the bonus about visiting the car meet area with PV that rewards you 50 points.

You receive 50 points for simply visiting the car meet and another 50 points for visiting the car meet with a personal vehicle. In other words, most players receive 100 Rep points when visiting the car meet.

On 7/27/2021 at 12:57 AM, ash-274 said:

So how much RP do we get for completing a lap on the test track and how much for beating out own record time on it?

A daily bonus of 50 points. I don't think you receive Rep for beating out your own record time. Simply completing a lap grants you a bonus.

EDIT: Taking a PV to the test track for the first time rewards you with 75 points.

Taking a PV to the test track rewards you with 50 points as daily bonus. Same case with taking a promoted car to the test track. It's not 125 points for each.

Edited by Tez2

Ahhh. What a mind f*ck. As if GTA wasn't complex enough!

• Like 2

Version 2.  Enhanced and Expanded edition

Deleting this for a finalized version with built-on credits.  Coming soon!

Edited by ash-274
Edits
  • Like 3

On 7/27/2021 at 1:05 AM, Blingy said:

You earn 300 points from the easiest daily bonuses below:

- Visit car meet, 50 pts

- Visit car meet with PV, 50 pts

- Use car meet mod shop, 50 pts

- Use test track with PV, 50 pts

- Use test track with promoted car, 50 pts

- Complete a time trial lap inside test track, 50 pts

Just doing those would level you up to the next level. Rep needed for next level hits 300 at level 43.

If you add in

- Complete a Street race, 50 pts

- Complete a Pursuit race, 50 pts

That's 400 points earned in total. The rep needed to next level hits 400 at level 63. If you do those daily bonuses constantly, you could easily level up to 63.

Heck, if you go the extra mile for the "little bit hard for casual players to attempt" bonuses

- Complete a Sprint race, 50 pts

- Complete H2H race, 50 pts

- Complete a Scramble race, 50 pts

You bump that up to 550 pts in total. Level 93 is when rep needed to next level hits 550.

Edited by Tez2

On 7/27/2021 at 1:04 AM, Tez2 said:

You earn 300 points from the easiest daily bonuses below:

- Visit car meet, 50 pts

- Visit car meet with PV, 50 pts

- Use car meet mod shop, 50 pts

- Use test track with PV, 50 pts

- Use test track with promoted car, 50 pts

- Complete a time trial lap inside test track, 50 pts

Just doing those would level you up to the next level. Rep needed for next level hits 300 at level 43.

If you add in

- Complete a Street race, 50 pts

- Complete a Pursuit race, 50 pts

That's 400 points earned in total. The rep needed to next level hits 400 at level 63. If you do those daily bonuses constantly, you could easily level up to 63.

Heck, if you go the extra mile for the "little bit hard for casual players to attempt" bonuses

- Complete a Sprint race, 50 pts

- Complete H2H race, 50 pts

- Complete a Scramble race, 50 pts

You bump that up to 550 pts in total. Level 93 is when rep needed to next level hits 550.

Ok, then why for some reason i don't gain any of those rep points since friday except buying unlocked clothing and participating in races? For the rest of these categories that supposedly award points i don't see any gain at all, like bar is not moving.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:36 PM, OzakiLeona said:

Not really. Winning move is to play races, and be good at it. And guess what. The unlocks are racing clothes and car upgrades.

Yeah just win a few thousand races to unlock some t shirts. awesome. 

• Like 7

a1sQ3zV.jpg

Barring new data, I think this is the final version

• Like 8

On 7/27/2021 at 2:18 AM, ACR said:

Ok, then why for some reason i don't gain any of those rep points since friday except buying unlocked clothing and participating in races? For the rest of these categories that supposedly award points i don't see any gain at all, like bar is not moving.

Not sure about you, but for me, I notice an rep increase whenever I do one of those activities. In about 6 hours from now, you would have another chance at doing those daily bonuses.

EDIT: Forgot those are daily bonuses, not exotic exports. Would likely need to be after 24 hours.

Edited by Tez2

On 7/27/2021 at 2:04 AM, Tez2 said:

Not sure about you, but for me, I notice an rep increase whenever I do one of those activities. In about 6 hours from now, you would have another chance at doing those daily bonuses.

It must be some bug, i play on pc and i went to car meet later than 24 hours the day i played  for several days now and i don't see bar moving at all for doing most of these activities, just racing and buying unlocked clothing.

On 7/27/2021 at 1:23 AM, LennyGhoul said:

Yeah just win a few thousand races to unlock some t shirts. awesome. 

I see concept of reward is too complex for some people.

Been AFKking for at least 4 hours a day since sunday, as well as do the easy daily bonuses. Thats 1500rep a day.

If i do that everyday, ill be done in over 650 days 🤣

I just hope they dont patch the afk method of staying in the "enter/exit LS meet" screen

Edited by Jonics
  • Like 2

FrugalDangerMan
On 7/26/2021 at 4:03 PM, Tez2 said:

Same, I tried the test track exit screen method but with no avail. It was before both Friday's & today's background updates. I assume I just didn't attempt it right.

Fortunately, I found an easier way, I just slide my controller under the edge of my TV enough to hit & lock in dpad down, so that I keep hovering over character selection. Although, this may not work with everyone's TV set.

No worries, I'll send you my login details so you can do it with my account.

Plocospermataceae
On 7/27/2021 at 3:20 AM, OzakiLeona said:

I think I got this game in like 2015, and in that time I've racked up a little over 3000 races in total. But that's on all kinds of tracks in different race modes - the OG races, stunt races, and community created race tracks that are actually good. If we pretended that I had won all 3000 races over the past six years, that would have gotten me to rank 312 

These street races will be deserted by mid-August, nobody wants to race the same ten awful tracks with the same handful of cars thousands of times. Maybe if you gained rep from any kind of race, it would be slightly more reasonable. But I re-iterate that even then I would only have gained 312 levels from 3000 wins, not just races but wins. Then when you add a year's worth of daily rep bonuses, that only barely gets you past rank 400. I don't know why they even bothered adding those higher level clothes in the game, when nobody will ever wear them

• Like 8

Doctor2000

It should be gained from playing the auto shop content too (because there's no real reason to play it otherwise yet at the same time it is more fun than racing nonstop) specifically tied to the car dealings there. Doing endless races for clothing is boring and I don't even enjoy racing. It's understandable car trade prices, rims and livery options are tied to unlocks in the car meet but not clothing. People don't race for that. It's always good to have new clothing in the game but when it's gated behind a dull mechanic and then amplified by making said mechanic a grind and just looking at that god damn menu where you see joining, on call, etc for hours on end since the game's release... it's not fun or well made content or an interesting gameplay loop. They should let us just buy the clothing outright or make the auto shop gain rep and just doing anything in a car anywhere in the game gain rep. Even having some of the clothing randomly unlock from the exotic car thing would be good. A pair of black sneakers and a black leather coat shouldn't be unlocked behind winning races... countless times. 

Edited by Doctor2000

Shiloh Comes

The LSCM Mod Shop stopped paying out a daily rep for me after I think it was 4 days.

Seems a bit strange because most people said it was a one-tme thing. I'd go in and swap my plate after 24 hours and get a boost. And no, it wasn't the scheduled boost for just being in there because the last 2 days I waited for that to appear to rule it out. Oh well, it's done now. Just wanted to clarify it stopped so no one thought it was still a thing.

SplinterCarn

$2.5k for a hat, or $130k for a racing suit, both give the same amount of rep. 🙃 I really can't see the point in buying those suits.

• Like 2

Jason Frost
On 7/26/2021 at 8:04 PM, Tez2 said:

Would likely need to be after 24 hours.

Do we have to wait exactly 24 hours? Like if you did something at noon, then you have to wait until the next noon to do it again.

Or it would work by just waiting the start of a new day at midnight or whenever Rockstar think the new day is starting.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:49 PM, Jason Frost said:

Do we have to wait exactly 24 hours? Like if you did something at noon, then you have to wait until the next noon to do it again.

Or it would work by just waiting the start of a new day at midnight or whenever Rockstar think the new day is starting.

The rep dailies restart at 4AM Eastern time for me.

• Like 2

FR_Player-One
On 7/27/2021 at 2:20 AM, OzakiLeona said:

This is your reward.
holding-penny-in-palm-hand.jpg
Good boy.

awesomefoot
On 7/27/2021 at 1:49 AM, ilRae said:

The rep dailies restart at 4AM Eastern time for me.

Yeah I guess that's when the exotic exports resets too. Which is kind of weird since Daily Objectives reset at 2AM Eastern.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:40 AM, awesomefoot said:

Yeah I guess that's when the exotic exports resets too. Which is kind of weird since Daily Objectives reset at 2AM Eastern.

I got same list of exotics from first day i bought auto shop and completed first contract. Granted i hadn't even touched that list but frow what i understand it should change every day but for me it remains the same.