1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Tips for earning quick rep points

FrugalDangerMan

1st places in a races

Play GTAO every day

Buy all new clothes

AFK at night. Extra-power-safe mode in BIOS (to "disable" higher than 1.5ghz freq) + lowest graphics settings + lowest scale resolution will help save your money in real life. Create second file "settings" with low graphics and change it every time before you go to sleep. And dont forget to turn off your monitor. 

Edited by GRXSSMXN
  • Like 3

SummerFreeze
On 7/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, GRXSSMXN said:

1st places in a races

Play GTAO every day

Buy all new clothes

AFK at night. Extra-power-safe mode in BIOS (to "disable" higher than 1.5ghz freq) + lowest graphics settings + lowest scale resolution will help save your money in real life. Create second file "settings" with low graphics and change it every time before you go to sleep. And dont forget to turn off your monitor.

If you're on PC you might as well cheat to get the clothing and liveries. Seems far more sensible than wasting energy and wearing out components.

Edited by SummerFreeze

Giantsgiants
On 7/25/2021 at 9:55 AM, Gridl0k said:

It seems people are having fun with ramming and track blockers, so if you don't know how to be host and use non-contact:

1) Set Online Options 'Matchmaking - Closed' and 'Remain Host After Voting - On'

2) Launch one of the races from the pause menu > jobs

3) You should be host, but, matchmaking won't work yet, so spam autoinvite and launch with 1 player (1 lap, non-contact)

4) Next lobby, just open matchmaking and wait. You should get 2 or 3 players

5) The next lobby, you'll find you almost instantly pick up whole lobbies, which is good because 5-8 players pays best rep

To grind best use the shortest tracks and always set 1 lap, you don't get any rep boost for time or number of laps, just number of players.

Non-contact is a godsend in this update. Once you know how to always host, races turn from "f*ck no, I'd rather go AFK" to a rather good way of farming. It's amazing how much more calm you feel in a race knowing you won't get crashed out at the first corner. As a bonus, it's easy to tell who relied on other people's bumpers as their brakes since they phase harmlessly through you, overshooting the corner, into a wall while you speed into the sunset (oh yeah, catch up is turned off too in non-contact). You can place top three (or even win) easily just by knowing where the brake button is. If you can win, you don't need to worry about player count much as the win bonus is pretty significant.

Hiddenshadow
On 7/26/2021 at 1:34 AM, Tez2 said:

From what I have checked, it seems more likely tied with having your vehicle taking a spot inside the car meet area or the Private takeover area.

You're supposed to receive 50 Rep from just visiting the car meet area. Have it occurred to you that you visited the car meet on foot and noticed a Rep increase immediately? If so, that would be the visit car meet reward and if you call in your PV, that would be this reward we're discussing.

I tried to check it today, but I went in with my vehicle and I assume that added up the two rewards.

Unfortunately I'm also hampered in testing this by the one-per-day limit

My character spawned into the car meet directly ("Last Location"), which includes their car, and I did notice a rep increase (I wasn't quite sure whether spawning in would also work, or whether it required explicitly entering the meet from the outside), but that obviously means I can't do any further checks either.

I've changed up the spawn location so I can check tomorrow.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:34 AM, Shadowfennekin said:

Been well over 24 hours since I last did anything.... yet I'm getting zero rep from anything :/

Been like that for me since friday. I only gain rp inside car meet from either buying unlocked clothing or hanging around car meet. 

On 7/26/2021 at 5:50 AM, BadSportAbort said:

This is completely out of hand. 1) I'm not a racer, furthermore, I'm not a dirty racer, so I'm never going to win or place in the top 3. 2) I don't have the patience for the idiots that milk the clock restarting it in hopes to allow more racers to join. 3) If you delay starting the race 90 seconds, after 4 races, you could have hosted another race. 4) none of the modes or tracks are conducive to fun, they are all just a pileup waiting to happen. 5)I really can't get the livery or wheels I like because I'm not a racer. 6) Get a clue R*, last time you had double or triple cash in Area War no one played, it's a waste of time and resources for you to continue to introduce content that offends the community. 

Dude, those are trophies. Rewards. Something to earn. It's not something everybody should be able to get first week after release for doing nothing.

I'd certainly rather have grindy unlocks, than "rewards" you can just whale through for IRL money.

• excuseme 2

On 7/26/2021 at 4:50 AM, BadSportAbort said:

This is completely out of hand. 1) I'm not a racer, furthermore, I'm not a dirty racer, so I'm never going to win or place in the top 3. 2) I don't have the patience for the idiots that milk the clock restarting it in hopes to allow more racers to join. 3) If you delay starting the race 90 seconds, after 4 races, you could have hosted another race. 4) none of the modes or tracks are conducive to fun, they are all just a pileup waiting to happen. 5)I really can't get the livery or wheels I like because I'm not a racer. 6) Get a clue R*, last time you had double or triple cash in Area War no one played, it's a waste of time and resources for you to continue to introduce content that offends the community. 

Imagine complaining that you can't get stuff because you're not good enough. That's like complaining that you can't get the Elite Challenge t-shirts because you're not good enough to do the Elite Challenges.

BTW, just race with 3 people then you're bound to finish in the top 3, unless you are really terrible and DNF.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:34 PM, Tez2 said:

From what I have checked, it seems more likely tied with having your vehicle taking a spot inside the car meet area or the Private takeover area.

You're supposed to receive 50 Rep from just visiting the car meet area. Have it occurred to you that you visited the car meet on foot and noticed a Rep increase immediately? If so, that would be the visit car meet reward and if you call in your PV, that would be this reward we're discussing.

I tried to check it today, but I went in with my vehicle and I assume that added up the two rewards.

I went in on foot this morning and got RP. I walked out and came back in with a car and got more RP

i suppose if you come in with a car, initially, that you just get both bonuses at the same time

FrugalDangerMan
Posted (edited)

Using the test track exit screen to AFK doesn't work.

Edit. 

It does work. I was mistaken.

Edited by FrugalDangerMan

Dang that better not be true.  It worked for me over night and I’m leaving it on while im at work.  I’ll see when I get home. 

On 7/26/2021 at 4:18 PM, FrugalDangerMan said:

Tried it for 2 hours this morning while doing real life stuff, chose to load into the meet and no points were to be had.

It's still working for me.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:40 AM, No Homing said:

It's still working for me.

Same for me.  Maybe it was a hotfix that can’t apply until we restart the game.  Glad I made it to level-100 this morning.  Still, that’s only halfway to level-144 for the Eruos’ Sprunk livery 

• Like 2

lost-in-emotions

uhmm, will i get RP if i BUY A CAR in the LS Car Meet?

I bought now the Calico über SASS and realized it.

Maybe i should bought it vie Quick-Buy ... o.O

Lonely-Martin
On 7/26/2021 at 2:06 PM, OzakiLeona said:

Dude, those are trophies. Rewards. Something to earn. It's not something everybody should be able to get first week after release for doing nothing.

I'd certainly rather have grindy unlocks, than "rewards" you can just whale through for IRL money.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:17 PM, BeatsDown said:

Imagine complaining that you can't get stuff because you're not good enough. That's like complaining that you can't get the Elite Challenge t-shirts because you're not good enough to do the Elite Challenges.

BTW, just race with 3 people then you're bound to finish in the top 3, unless you are really terrible and DNF.

Oh, I do love some joke posts. 🤣🤣

On 7/26/2021 at 9:13 PM, No Homing said:

Can you still get rep from playing head to head legit?

Yes. Today's patch only applies when the second player quits. As long as you have a second player, you're all good.

• Like 2

I wonder if they hotfixed the secondary checkpoint in front of LSC at Burton, for the High Society Street race.

Instead of going into that alley and slowing down to not hit that truck trailer, you can just full-send your car on the other alley to the left of the shortcut entrance, without having to slow down to avoid the trailer, the checkpoint is wide enough for you to hit it even though there's a wall between your car the checkpoint.

I got an easy world record exploiting this with my Calico.

Nice f*cking job if you didn't, R*!

Lc67eAW.jpg

KbxguOD.jpg

Full credit to Tez; I just made the data more visually understandable

Edited by ash-274
Cleaned and credited

Johnny GTA Watson
On 7/26/2021 at 8:07 PM, Pedinhuh said:

I wonder if they hotfixed the secondary checkpoint in front of LSC at Burton, for the High Society Street race.

Instead of going into that alley and slowing down to not hit that truck trailer, you can just full-send your car on the other alley to the left of the shortcut entrance, without having to slow down to avoid the trailer, the checkpoint is wide enough for you to hit it even though there's a wall between your car the checkpoint.

I got an easy world record exploiting this with my Calico.

Nice f*cking job if you didn't, R*!

A short cut for the short cut. Superb 🏁😎

• Like 4

Halal Cyborg
On 7/26/2021 at 8:11 PM, ash-274 said:

Lc67eAW.jpg

KbxguOD.jpg

Amazing very well done.

i think any PV will do modification wise no?

I also find the other stuff randomly not giving Rep sometimes in the meet…is it timed rather than resetting at 6am perhaps? 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 4:20 PM, Johnny GTA Watson said:

A short cut for the short cut. Superb 🏁😎

Exploit it while you can, I can see this becoming the obvious meta in the next week already.

• Like 1

Johnny GTA Watson
On 7/26/2021 at 8:28 PM, Pedinhuh said:

Exploit it while you can, I can see this becoming the obvious meta in the next week already.

Good point but they do seem open to interpretation. 

There is one I saw someone do in the Paleto Bay race. Cut a whole section off near the final checkpoint by going through a car park and over fence. 

I'll check it out later and try and post more accurate details 

Edited by Johnny GTA Watson

On 7/26/2021 at 4:33 PM, Johnny GTA Watson said:

There is one I saw someone do in the Paleto Bay race. Cut a whole section off near the final checkpoint by going through a car park and over fence. 

That one is marked on the map, it's an actual good shortcut and is designed to be used as such.

The one shortcut I talked about is an oversight.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 8:11 PM, ash-274 said:

Lc67eAW.jpg

KbxguOD.jpg

Isn't there also one for doing a lap of the test track time trial? You don't have to beat your record, just finish a lap.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1

On 7/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, Pedinhuh said:

These are not really some exploits, R* hasn't fixed some brutal shortcuts in stunt races for years, doubt they will bother with something  like this.

Edited by ambi3nt

lost-in-emotions
On 7/26/2021 at 9:11 PM, ash-274 said:

Lc67eAW.jpg

KbxguOD.jpg

PERFECT.

How about - Buy a Test Car at the LSC Meeting?

On 7/26/2021 at 5:18 PM, FrugalDangerMan said:

Tried it for 2 hours this morning while doing real life stuff, chose to load into the meet and no points were to be had.

Same, I tried the test track exit screen method but with no avail. It was before both Friday's & today's background updates. I assume I just didn't attempt it right.

Fortunately, I found an easier way, I just slide my controller under the edge of my TV enough to hit & lock in dpad down, so that I keep hovering over character selection. Although, this may not work with everyone's TV set.

Edited by Tez2

On 7/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, ash-274 said:

Lc67eAW.jpg

AFK in the car meet is closer to 120 and 240 an hour average. You get 10 or 20 rep every 4 minutes for 40 out of 48 minutes a day. You don't gain rep at minute 44 or 48.

On 7/26/2021 at 4:03 PM, Tez2 said:

Fortunately, I found an easier way, I just slide my controller under the edge of my TV enough to hit & lock in dpad down, so that I keep hovering over character selection. Although, this may not work with everyone's TV set.

I have been sitting in my car with constant input to R2 button or W key (with a macro) to rev the engine. My thought was that this would count the bonus you get for being inside the car meet and wearing the meet clothing. Whereas anything on the test track doesn't give you the bonus.

Do I have that right?

On 7/26/2021 at 4:40 PM, ambi3nt said:

These are not really some exploits, R* hasn't fixed some brutal shortcuts in stunt races for years, doubt they will bother with something  like this.

Yes, I'm aware of those brutal shortcuts, but 99% of them are a high-risk, high-reward situation, with some of them even being high-risk, low-reward too.

This one checkpoint is complete braindead though, you do a disservice to yourself if you don't use it, and nailing it is almost zero risk.

• Like 2