1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Sean in RDO really screws up the time line.

Buddy Hightower

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/24/2021 at 4:38 PM, Caffeination said:

No, it’s to use the base map. Can’t be for spoilers, since the very first instance of an overworld change in RDR2 was the burning of Sadie’s house, which happened in the prologue mission. 

Besides, whoever buys games just to skip to multiplayer doesn’t care about spoilers anyway. In fact, had we been in a world that has RDO set in 1900, perhaps seeing the state of the Braithwaite Manor might bother them to try the story for once.

Yes, only a guess though, if you know what happens through RDO, you many never go back and play RDR2.  There are many people who probably play in reverse although its only a small number in comparison that play RDR2 and then RDO.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

On 7/23/2021 at 5:09 AM, CosmicBuffalo said:

R* added a character into GTAO in 2019 that you kill in a "canon" mission in 2013.

actually killing tao is optional

Edited by Viewbob

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/24/2021 at 7:02 PM, Viewbob said:

actually killing tao is optional

Most people just blow him up with his dad in the car as its the quickest and easiest way to kill the dad....it was stupid to use him.  Its stupid to use Sean although I like both of them.

Mirror Park Resident

Setting online before SP is nice to let some characters (that get killed in SP) have their cameos in online. Would be dumb not to.

Then they can advance the online timeline whenever they can. The moment they present Dutch as a native gang leader, or update the map with a finished Beecher's Hope, or something. Might happen at any time without further explanation.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:02 AM, CosmicBuffalo said:

Most people just blow him up with his dad in the car as its the quickest and easiest way to kill the dad....it was stupid to use him.  Its stupid to use Sean although I like both of them.

he was still optional nonetheless 

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, Viewbob said:

he was still optional nonetheless 

You are giving R* way way too much credit in my opinion.    

It's quite likely that R* can not advance the game or add much of anything other than what we have now, even if they want to, due to server issues. Maybe if they change from P2P servers they can move on. Right now, when they have tried to add new stuff mostly everything stops working. Look at how random things rarely pop up now in full lobbies, on PC anyway. In solo, everything is still there and spawns all the time.

Edited by StyxTx

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/25/2021 at 10:16 AM, StyxTx said:

It's quite likely that R* can not advance the game or add much of anything other than what we have now, even if they want to, due to server issues. Maybe if they change from P2P servers they can move on. Right now, when they have tried to add new stuff mostly everything stops working. Look at how random things rarely pop up now in full lobbies, on PC anyway. In solo, everything is still there and spawns all the time.

"Bro, they have like 5000 billion from Grand Theft Auto first day sales.  They can just a hire 1000 million programmers to update the game every time a mission should cause a minor change on the map."  Although I understand some of the complaints many related to bugs, its a business.  Red Dead does not bring in enough money to get huge updates...its really the players fault and the reinforcement of the business minded pushing all the costs to GTAO.  This does not excuse leaving crappy bugs/mechanics for long periods of time and then fixing bugs that help players. Even when they try to allocate resources towards the game, its hamfisted.  Why have some long detailed cut scene for the emerald?  When hardly anyone will play the thing twice?  What are they going to offer 4xrewards on every newswire going forward on these opportunities?  What a waste of time and resources, I have played the mission one time and I would never play it again but for the 50 capitale limit.  The guy could tell this dialogue as we ride into Saint Denis, no cut scene needed.  R* have these elaborate marketing campaigns requiring drawings, videos, or other artistic crap like a collector box promoting RDO.  Rather than pay a person to create a drawing no one cares about, just pay a person to go on Reddit/Youtube/here and find out what players are saying.  R* should use in game player created stuff to promote their newswire not once every 6 months, but every week.  Rather they have some team of people creating graphics every week...that might help communication if players content is used in the news wire.  R* communication is terrible.  Communication would require them to actually fix broken stuff and leave fun stuff.  So, they do not communicate.      

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 10:37 AM, CosmicBuffalo said:

Red Dead does not bring in enough money to get huge updates...its really the players fault and the reinforcement of the business minded pushing all the costs to GTAO.  This does not excuse leaving crappy bugs/mechanics for long periods of time and then fixing bugs that help players. Even when they try to allocate resources towards the game, its hamfisted.  Why have some long detailed cut scene for the emerald?  When hardly anyone will play the thing twice?  What are they going to offer 4xrewards on every newswire going forward on these opportunities?  What a waste of time and resources, I have played the mission one time and I would never play it again but for the 50 capitale limit.  The guy could tell this dialogue as we ride into Saint Denis, no cut scene needed.  R* have these elaborate marketing campaigns requiring drawings, videos, or other artistic crap like a collector box promoting RDO.  Rather than pay a person to create a drawing no one cares about, just pay a person to go on Reddit/Youtube/here and find out what players are saying.  R* should use in game player created stuff to promote their newswire not once every 6 months, but every week.  Rather they have some team of people creating graphics every week...that might help communication if players content is used in the news wire.  R* communication is terrible.  Communication would require them to actually fix broken stuff and leave fun stuff.  So, they do not communicate.      

I don't agree that the players (or users of any product) are at fault if the product doesn't do well. It's R*'s (or any company's) job to attract and retain consumers and give the consumers reasons to spend money. Consumers are not obligated to support any product just because it exists. Give the consumer what they want and it'll do quite well.

R*'s own actions cause a negative reaction from players then R* wants to say it's the players who are causing the problem that makes it not worth the while to support the game to it's fullest. Sounds more to me like a company that really has no interest in supporting the game anyway. So, if R* is blaming the players, then the game is in a lot more trouble than I think. Their thinking is really twisted.

I agree that their communication is the worst. Every other game I have, the developers are frequently keeping players apprised on things that are happening or going to happen. They show a sincere love of their game as well as appreciation of the players and they actually listen to players and implement many of their ideas.

Jeez, there are so many great ideas from players and R* just keeps blowing them off and continues to give us the same stuff that is causing the game not to succeed to the level R* or Take-Two wants.

At this point, RDO is nothing more than R*'s effort to milk as much money out of it as they can. I believe at some point they will discontinue dealing with it.

PS, I'm not arguing with you at all. I think we're on the same page.

Edited by StyxTx
  • Like 2

CosmicBuffalo

@StyxTx in most situations, the consumer is not to blame.  But just pop over to speculation and see how players defending GTAO sound, they actually make claims that the game is technically better than RDO. The best example I can give on how RDO is technically better, in GTAO you can shoot and NPC in the head 3000 times and the head will just have random bullet marks on it.  Its clearly objectively false that GTAO is technically better than RDO.  I think one of the driving factors for players is that the sunk cost of time in GTAO.  There are a lot of players that really value their accounts in GTAO.  I know I certainly did until arena wars was added.  I think when R* underdelivers on E&E many of these players will finally realize GTAO is not ever going to be WOW or some competitive game with real life meaning.  I could be wrong and get drawn back in.  I dont think R* blames players for sticking with a famailar title, but I do think they expoilt it.  They could have just stopped updating GTAO.  Let the community have it, but instead the chose to neglect the newest game and keep pumping up GTAO.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

On 7/25/2021 at 11:46 AM, CosmicBuffalo said:

I dont think R* blames players for sticking with a famailar title, but I do think they expoilt it.  They could have just stopped updating GTAO.  Let the community have it, but instead the chose to neglect the newest game and keep pumping up GTAO.

Exploit is exactly right.

There are people who will buy a game title every year at the full price...supposedly an updated version which is, in fact, not updated at all but a copy/paste of the previous version with something like updated rosters and even some things from the previous version being removed (of course the removed things weren't mentioned in the preview videos or articles). Some game companies, particularly the super big ones, do exploit those people. And no matter how many years in a row that happens, those people still complain about there being no difference from the previous version, some even demanding their money back, but they continue to preorder it every year. Apparently there are a LOT of those people. This is a case where I can see it being the player's fault for believing it will be different this time but at the same time I think it's a really low practice for a company to use.

And there are always those who will defend a company no matter how many times that company sticks their middle finger up at them. The name of the company is all that matters to those people and probably are blinded by that name enough not to be able to see what's going on.

As for me, I guess R* did have a good name at one time. I bought RDR2 based on the R* name as well as it being a western. But RDO has ruined their name for me and I have no plans to ever spend another penny on any R* product.

Edited by StyxTx

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/25/2021 at 1:12 PM, StyxTx said:

Exploit is exactly right.

There are people who will buy a game title every year at the full price...supposedly an updated version which is, in fact, not updated at all but a copy/paste of the previous version with something like updated rosters and even some things from the previous version being removed (of course the removed things weren't mentioned in the preview videos or articles). Some game companies, particularly the super big ones, do exploit those people. And no matter how many years in a row that happens, those people still complain about there being no difference from the previous version, some even demanding their money back, but they continue to preorder it every year. Apparently there are a LOT of those people. This is a case where I can see it being the player's fault for believing it will be different this time but at the same time I think it's a really low practice for a company to use.

And there are always those who will defend a company no matter how many times that company sticks their middle finger up at them. The name of the company is all that matters to those people and probably are blinded by that name enough not to be able to see what's going on.

As for me, I guess R* did have a good name at one time. I bought RDR2 based on the R* name as well as it being a western. But RDO has ruined their name for me and I have no plans to ever spend another penny on any R* product.

I will never prebuy another R* game.  Need to see the product first.  See what kind of b.s. micros they are going with.

On 7/25/2021 at 3:04 PM, CosmicBuffalo said:

You are giving R* way way too much credit in my opinion.    

not really, if you go into story mode you can kill wei and not tao

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/25/2021 at 6:30 PM, Viewbob said:

not really, if you go into story mode you can kill wei and not tao

You agree that he is killable and not fail the mission?  Also, just realized to get a gold medal on the mission you have to kill Tao via sticky bombing the dad's vehicle which kills him.  Lol, but "muh lore."  After realizing all this, it makes me want to play GTAO.  I was aware of none of it until this very moment and it seems they continue to spit on players that care way too much about the timelines.  Troll*

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

On 7/26/2021 at 12:23 AM, CosmicBuffalo said:

You agree that he is killable and not fail the mission?  Also, just realized to get a gold medal on the mission you have to kill Tao via sticky bombing the dad's vehicle which kills him.  Lol, but "muh lore."  After realizing all this, it makes me want to play GTAO.  I was aware of none of it until this very moment and it seems they continue to spit on players that care way too much about the timelines.  Troll*

gold medals are part of the gta lore?

• KEKW 1

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/26/2021 at 7:19 AM, Viewbob said:

gold medals are part of the gta lore?

Who says they arent?

Lonely-Martin
On 7/25/2021 at 5:46 PM, CosmicBuffalo said:

@StyxTx in most situations, the consumer is not to blame.  But just pop over to speculation and see how players defending GTAO sound, they actually make claims that the game is technically better than RDO. The best example I can give on how RDO is technically better, in GTAO you can shoot and NPC in the head 3000 times and the head will just have random bullet marks on it.  Its clearly objectively false that GTAO is technically better than RDO.  I think one of the driving factors for players is that the sunk cost of time in GTAO.  There are a lot of players that really value their accounts in GTAO.  I know I certainly did until arena wars was added.  I think when R* underdelivers on E&E many of these players will finally realize GTAO is not ever going to be WOW or some competitive game with real life meaning.  I could be wrong and get drawn back in.  I dont think R* blames players for sticking with a famailar title, but I do think they expoilt it.  They could have just stopped updating GTAO.  Let the community have it, but instead the chose to neglect the newest game and keep pumping up GTAO.

(Apologies in advance for the long post. If you can't be arsed to read it all, no worries).

No one with any common sense is saying GTA:O is technically better than RDRO, but we do say GTA is the better gaming experience overall not because of better graphics, but it offers so much more. Having the best graphics means less than the gameplay.

Much like a movie, put all the top notch CGI in there, but we've seen franchises tank regardless. Terminator, Alien. Green Lantern, lol. If they combine great graphics, with story and more, you've found that lightning in a bottle. GTA = MCU, RDRO = Terminator: Dark Fate. Fans enjoyed the latter, but it flopped. Anyway...

It's far from perfect in GTA of course, an understatement if anything that, so far from perfect, lol. But there's so much more freedom and choice from mission settings to lobbies, it gets substantial updates, crews and communities thrive no matter their preference, from racers to creators, deathmatchers to video editors. The list goes on at what GTA does better than RDR. But your right, RDR is the newer technically better game, and if R* put the effort into this like they do GTA and listened more, gave more, this game could be soaring. It should be this far in really. 'If you build it, they will come' springs to mind.

As for exploiting GTA. Of course they do, but that's business, particularly modern business. If it sells, then sell sell sell until it's done, there's no loyalty in it like there used to be. Just flog it and on to the next. They're trying to do just the same here though, just seemingly not on the same scale. We've seen how keen R* are to repeat that formula here but go too far the other way and not do the fan service part but we see it from the very first addition to the beta, a gold store. A beta test with microtransactions, seriously!! f*ck all day one content, but 'buy gold now then we'll see if we make enough to give you an update', lol. Then they half the gold on dailies after tempting many into that while GTA offers a solo heist that pays very well in comparison, laughably noticable. And we still haven't seen R* truly listen, the odd exception. Breadcrumbs if anything, it's become so shallow over here with how these first couple of years have gone and people are seeing through that, and along with a severe lack of options and freedom, the game just can't touch the aspects that GTA does right.

With GTA, R* get away with more because they do more right. Sure this Tuners DLC has that awful rep ranking system, and like RDRO it's designed to sell microtransactions, but people buy them because R* offers something first which RDRO seemingly doesn't, we're to buy gold first and see if that's enough each quarter, lol. The rest of the GTA DLC is basically a long term fans wet dream. A heavily requested feature with Tuners.

One thing folk have been requesting here is outlaw content. And they botched it TBH. Fun missions, once, new currency in capitale, lol, little else like cosmetics, progression, additional other things like the Tuners giving missions, cars, clothes, properties, a safe place to meet, various types of races (something RDRO seriously lacks). There's no comparison and that's why GTA keeps on growing.

In short. GTA offers stuff to encourage card purchases, RDRO expects gold to sell before offering content. And it's so see-through that along with the lack of freedom and listening/offering more fan service, it hurts this game big time. GTA sells, so sell sell sell.

If anything, it's because GTA thrives that T2 probably let R* do whatever with RDRO just as a favour because they struck gold with GTA (a huge understatement). We know T2 weren't too pleased with how long RDR2 took to make. If it makes a few bucks, they can add a few missions now and then. That's what this Blood Money DLC feels like. Tuners feels like T2 made a bundle on the last DLC, so R* get carte blanche to go again, and again, and again.

As for players that value their accounts, I agree. I do, but not just for GTA of course, but I do. Only natural and I don't see that as a negative. People do the same in RDRO as we see by the criticism of those on PC unable to transfer their accounts as they don't want to start over. Can't blame them for feeling like walking away over that. It's just another of those moments where R* should listen. 

Regards to the E&E, if anyone is expecting more than it being much the same only better graphics, they're setting themselves up for disappointment. Nothing new with GTA as many DLC's and the previous re-release people often expect too much, but the game keeps on trucking regardless. I'm sure it'll be just fine if history is any indicator. If anything, if the E&E offers more than a graphics overhaul, I'd say it'll be overdelivering and pull even more into it. Plus as it'll be free on playstation for a spell, it can't not start well numbers-wise.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:33 PM, CosmicBuffalo said:

Who says they arent?

Seems R* just did, lol. 

Again to use a movie analogy. How many times has Freddy Kruger, Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees died only to be retconed in the sequel. Look at the latest Halloween movie, retcons the whole series and made a killing with major fan praise.

I'm not saying GTA:O was written perfectly with Tao, but just that we often see characters live on passed an assumed death in entertainment and as GTA V loves to rip off many movies/Hollywood, that could be just another one of those moments.

R* in this case just confirmed gold medals aren't necessarily cannon. They could be and GTA:O is in an alternate reality, but I feel (much like with RDRO), it's up to us players to make our own mind up on this. Both games have their timeline issues and I don't put too much thought into it. :)

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/27/2021 at 6:24 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

No one with any common sense is saying GTA:O is technically better than RDRO, but we do say GTA is the better gaming experience overall not because of better graphics, but it offers so much more. Having the best graphics means less than the gameplay.

Much like a movie, put all the top notch CGI in there, but we've seen franchises tank regardless. Terminator, Alien. Green Lantern, lol. If they combine great graphics, with story and more, you've found that lightning in a bottle. GTA = MCU, RDRO = Terminator: Dark Fate. Fans enjoyed the latter, but it flopped. Anyway...

It's far from perfect in GTA of course, an understatement if anything that, so far from perfect, lol. But there's so much more freedom and choice from mission settings to lobbies, it gets substantial updates, crews and communities thrive no matter their preference, from racers to creators, deathmatchers to video editors. The list goes on at what GTA does better than RDR. But your right, RDR is the newer technically better game, and if R* put the effort into this like they do GTA and listened more, gave more, this game could be soaring. It should be this far in really. 'If you build it, they will come' springs to mind.

There are people that are arguing GTAO is technically better.  Whether they have common sense, I do not care.  It proves other assumptions I have about then player base.  Just because something is more popular does not make it better.  Minecraft is more popular than RDO.  

Are you not worried that every paywall strong arm tactic being used in RDO killing any chance of it rivalling GTAO will be added to the E&E?  Solo and invite only lobbies are done if I had to guess.

On 7/27/2021 at 6:24 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

Seems R* just did, lol.

Where?

Spoiler

R* makes it requirement to kill Toa then gives him a line about almost dying in online.  Seems like some players care more and give way too much credit on this stuff.   Has R* made any statement about all whether the story and online must jive?  No, again, players that give way too much credit to R* are the one still saying it.  Without exception, most of these players bought into the online is stuck in 2012 theory, and they were proven wrong...rather than accept it, they double down.  When other inconsistencies like Toa inevitably appear, they bend over backwards to say look R* cares about the story still when really all the players are saying is we care.  Why would R* care about their 8 year old story with so many flaws at this point?  They do not.  And then they troll the players that do by adding stuff because its cheap and easy and give them so vague statement, like I almost died here while the guy is juiced up and freaking out....its pretty funny.  Actually, whacked out spoiled brat, in story mode you did die here but this is online, so who give a flying crap.  If only your character could talk.

Lonely-Martin
On 7/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, CosmicBuffalo said:

There are people that are arguing GTAO is technically better.  Whether they have common sense, I do not care.  It proves other assumptions I have about then player base.  Just because something is more popular does not make it better.  Minecraft is more popular than RDO.  

Are you not worried that every paywall strong arm tactic being used in RDO killing any chance of it rivalling GTAO will be added to the E&E?  Solo and invite only lobbies are done if I had to guess.

Where?

Reveal hidden contents

R* makes it requirement to kill Toa then gives him a line about almost dying in online.  Seems like some players care more and give way too much credit on this stuff.   Has R* made any statement about all whether the story and online must jive?  No, again, players that give way too much credit to R* are the one still saying it.  Without exception, most of these players bought into the online is stuck in 2012 theory, and they were proven wrong...rather than accept it, they double down.  When other inconsistencies like Toa inevitably appear, they bend over backwards to say look R* cares about the story still when really all the players are saying is we care.  Why would R* care about their 8 year old story with so many flaws at this point?  They do not.  And then they troll the players that do by adding stuff because its cheap and easy and give them so vague statement, like I almost died here while the guy is juiced up and freaking out....its pretty funny.  Actually, whacked out spoiled brat, in story mode you did die here but this is online, so who give a flying crap.  If only your character could talk.

Oh, I've been very vocal about the impact of GTA:O and where it all could go in future and my concerns, and RDRO is kind of proving my fears too much, which I've also been very vocal about. Heck, I fear story modes are even at risk, but take comfort in how well RDR2 did on initial release, we'll see. It's all just a real shame though. But I've gotten to the point of resignation that my time with R* online is dying with the end of GTA:O (potentially the E&E if as you say, invite only etc gets removed - Another aspect I'm mentioned often enough - This 'one size fits all' cheap approach is just not for me at all, hence I struggled with RDRO until the PS4/5 MTU method started working).

I love Minecraft too, lol. But that proves my point also, it's no way near as technically good as a RDR etc. and yet it absolutely thrives, plus the recurring spending methods there are far better, all optional. Plus we get full access to everything on creative mode so it brings in more than just the survival crowd. Communities absolutely love that game, it's brilliant for how small it is really.

Regards to story cannon etc. I get ya, it is all just a bit messed up. That's why I don't give this topic too much thought to be fair. I tend to go with the 'alternate reality' route more and think less about cannon. But I feel my movie analogy stands up, both in what I previously said and with my alternate reality wars considering all the superhero movies or other horror or sci-fi movies that are releasing stuff that messes with timelines or retcons franchises to bring an 'official sequel' to an 80's classic.

But alas, I was more just having a bot of fun with that as GTA V rips on Hollywood too. I don't take it too seriously but for those that do, fair play and more power to you/those trying to make sense of things more.

Anyway, I appreciate you read all this, cheers.👍🍻

• Like 2

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/27/2021 at 8:44 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

Regards to story cannon etc. I get ya, it is all just a bit messed up. That's why I don't give this topic too much thought to be fair. I tend to go with the 'alternate reality' route more and think less about cannon. But I feel my movie analogy stands up, both in what I previously said and with my alternate reality wars considering all the superhero movies or other horror or sci-fi movies that are releasing stuff that messes with timelines or retcons franchises to bring an 'official sequel' to an 80's classic.

But alas, I was more just having a bot of fun with that as GTA V rips on Hollywood too. I don't take it too seriously but for those that do, fair play and more power to you/those trying to make sense of things more.

Anyway, I appreciate you read all this, cheers.👍🍻

I have always believed in the alternate universe.  I think that is what is happening RDO no real evidence to suggest but its how it makes sense to me.  Just less thinking and gives them more creative possibilities.  I think they do their best to make story mode and online make sense.  However, I do think this Tao thing is more of a troll.  Obviously, I have no idea with E&E...but I think RDO is how they will be treating future online games.  I agree that it is a shame.  Maybe they will leave the invite only lobbies, I think they will do their utmost to prevent solo publics.  One good thing I found out just by thinking about the game.  RedM is still a thing on PC, I thought it was unavailable to new players.  People are still working out the bugs.  I am hoping once they players and programmers have gotten it fine tuned, may be RDO will really skyrocket in popularity nothing like GTA, but its seems like its not getting its due for how awesome the game is at least in the popular space with twitch. 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 4:19 PM, CosmicBuffalo said:

I have always believed in the alternate universe.  I think that is what is happening RDO no real evidence to suggest but its how it makes sense to me.  Just less thinking and gives them more creative possibilities.  I think they do their best to make story mode and online make sense.  However, I do think this Tao thing is more of a troll.  Obviously, I have no idea with E&E...but I think RDO is how they will be treating future online games.  I agree that it is a shame.  Maybe they will leave the invite only lobbies, I think they will do their utmost to prevent solo publics.  One good thing I found out just by thinking about the game.  RedM is still a thing on PC, I thought it was unavailable to new players.  People are still working out the bugs.  I am hoping once they players and programmers have gotten it fine tuned, may be RDO will really skyrocket in popularity nothing like GTA, but its seems like its not getting its due for how awesome the game is at least in the popular space with twitch. 

We aren't in an alternate reality? 😲

As far as RedM, last I read (granted this was a while back but I can't remember how far back), the reason they could no longer accept new people is that R* changed something so that your game couldn't be verified through RedM. I don't know if that's been fixed.

Edited by StyxTx

CosmicBuffalo
On 7/27/2021 at 5:29 PM, StyxTx said:

We aren't in an alternate reality? 😲

As far as RedM, last I read (granted this was a while back but I can't remember how far back), was the reason they could no longer accept new people is that R* changed something so that your game couldn't be verified through RedM. I don't know if that's been fixed.

I think that was fixed.  RedM was accepting new players.  Many people were trying to play RedM with standalone which apparently is possible but you cannot use single player content.

I honestly like that they placed us before the events of Blackwater. The thought that the gang may have heard of our character by our own misdeeds is kind of a neat idea, maybe they actually cross paths, this gives those of us who are heavy fans of the characters in single player the ability to add our own character into the lore of the game.

Not that I think my guy would be a "friend" to the gang, but just the chance of an interaction and knowing that he is in their world makes me feel like he is more a part of the Red Dead universe this way. Call me sentimental, but I am not afraid to say that I love the RDR universe with a passion. 😊

Although I have to admit that Sean working for Bronte and talking about (ugh) capitale feels really out of place. 

On 7/27/2021 at 3:24 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

In short. GTA offers stuff to encourage card purchases, RDRO expects gold to sell before offering content. And it's so see-through that along with the lack of freedom and listening/offering more fan service, it hurts this game big time. GTA sells, so sell sell sell.

I've kind of boycotted GTA cause I'm angry 🤬

😆

But you are right, they are setting RDO up to fail and I cannot understand why they would intentionally do that?

• Like 2

Shadowfennekin

It's probably cause they didn't even want to do RDO in the first place. some suits were probably like "GTA is a cash cow! Do this with Red Dead 2! Make an Online like GTA's!"