RDO Speculation & General Chat (Part II)

Kirsty

Archangelsky
13 hours ago, Taterman said:

I demand; that's right, demand, free fast travel at all times.

Even though I hardly play this game anymore (for now) this post reminded me that in the four years + I played this game I did not fast travel even once 🙂

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

JohnMcLoviin
On 5/8/2024 at 10:17 AM, Taterman said:

I demand; that's right, demand, free fast travel at all times.

Hear, hear.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Lemoyne outlaw

so i was playing red dead online today. and it felt like an episode of a western show like bonanza or gunsmoke. i was in the tumbleweed area. and my horse fell and died. so i had to call scrawny nag. i accidentally rode past a moonshiner blockade mission and triggered it. which meant i couldn't fast travel. so i kept riding scrawny away from the mission thinking that the mission would end since i didn't do it. eventually i got to the mercer station area. and i found a group of wild horses. so i roped one and had to tame it. after that i rode all through new austin and the mission was still active. i had to keep getting off the horse and feed the horse to refill its cores. i finally got near west elizabeth and i hoped the mission would end once i left the state. no such luck. so i took the horse all the way to blackwater. when i got off the horse i accidentally bumped into an npc. so he got mad and fought me. then his buddy joined the fight. so i beat them up. after that i made the horse flee letting him go back to the plains. and i left the session.

it was such a rare feeling being stranded with very little options. it felt like any of the westerns you see where the protagonist is stranded in the desert trying to survive. nothing like this has ever happened to me before so it was a unique experience. usually i zoom across the map on a fast horse. but this time i went from running on foot. to riding a slow scrawny nag. and then finally finding a kentucky saddler. seeing those horses was like a mirage. it really reminded me just how empty new austin is. and that there is so much space between towns. has anyone ever had a similar experience?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Taterman

My wife just started playing online and needs a new repeater. I've always used the Lancaster, but the Litchfield looks good too with slightly better stats. Which would you pick?

LooseCanon

Lancaster

lancaster

see what I did there 🤣

Vallence
6 hours ago, Taterman said:

My wife just started playing online and needs a new repeater. I've always used the Lancaster, but the Litchfield looks good too with slightly better stats. Which would you pick?

The Litchfield has higher damage but I found it frustratingly slow-firing compared to the Lancaster

There's a third option in the Evans, which iirc has comparable damage to the Lancaster but carries enough bullets that you shouldn't need to reload during any fight (but if you do need to reload it'll be faster to switch to another weapon, because it takes forever)

Taterman

Thanks sir.

I know the Lancaster holds 14, is the Evans higher than that?

Vallence
3 hours ago, Taterman said:

Thanks sir.

I know the Lancaster holds 14, is the Evans higher than that?

The Evans holds 26 rounds, enough for any single shootout

Moonshine Wagon Fan

I dipped into the game, and I probably wasn't on longer than ten minutes.  Any feelings I have for this game are pretty much gone.

I used to spend hours at a time going on wagon trips exploring the beautiful scenery, bounty hunting and brewing moonshine.

I did enjoy it most of the time, met mostly great players including two from here but I think my time with it is finished.

• Like 1

Lemoyne outlaw
On 6/12/2024 at 12:09 PM, Taterman said:

i would recommend the Evans. not only is it a good performing repeater. but it has the best sound out of all 4 of them. it also has plenty of ammo as someone else said. i recommend letting her play story mode and have her try all 4 repeaters without having to spend precious online currency. 

3 hours ago, Moonshine Wagon Fan said:

I dipped into the game, and I probably wasn't on longer than ten minutes.  Any feelings I have for this game are pretty much gone.

I used to spend hours at a time going on wagon trips exploring the beautiful scenery, bounty hunting and brewing moonshine.

I did enjoy it most of the time, met mostly great players including two from here but I think my time with it is finished.

yea sadly that has happened to a lot of people lately. it seems like a lot of the friendly players have left. and the people that are still here are the tryhard griefers. i still like to log on every day to play a king of the castle. but even when I'm in free mode riding around or shopping in town. people seem to attack more often than not. especially with a full posse. i really wish rockstar would have kept the game alive. it was a lot of fun back when the game was still getting new content. but now it as sadly gone downhill. it's still hard to believe this game is over half a decade old.

• Like 2

Moonshine Wagon Fan
35 minutes ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

yea sadly that has happened to a lot of people lately. it seems like a lot of the friendly players have left. and the people that are still here are the tryhard griefers. i still like to log on every day to play a king of the castle. but even when I'm in free mode riding around or shopping in town. people seem to attack more often than not. especially with a full posse. i really wish rockstar would have kept the game alive. it was a lot of fun back when the game was still getting new content. but now it as sadly gone downhill. it's still hard to believe this game is over half a decade old.

I have been playing it on Xbox since 2021 and noticed that there are more scummy players now than when I started.

I went into Valentine today and there were other players shooting away so I left.

A big positive about the game was the cool covered wagon trips with players from this forum.  That was so cool.

LooseCanon

I’m still playing daily (Xbox)and have had no issues with griefers etc

• 2 weeks later...
EdHunter
On 6/17/2024 at 7:21 PM, LooseCanon said:

I’m still playing daily (Xbox)and have had no issues with griefers etc

Gotten back into it in the past few days, I've only had the one griefer thankfully. Distance selling goods I've had no problems, everyone I've come across doing sales have been no problem and just getting on with their own hunts.

solitudinarian

Do we have any leads on what the new monthly will be?

I'm hoping something horse and/or fish related. We haven't had proper sale on horse tack / stable slots since like january 2021.

Spider-Vice

Naturalist stuff :) I'll post it up in a bit.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

LooseCanon

I don’t recall having escape the law as a daily before?

Taterman
14 hours ago, LooseCanon said:

I don’t recall having escape the law as a daily before?

Me neither. It was nice to see something new.

Moonshine Wagon Fan

I was looking at some pics I took in the game, and I love how the butcher has his stall right in the centre in Tumbleweed.

spacer.png

One of my favourite towns in the game.

7 hours ago, Taterman said:

Does anyone know if I can transfer my RDR 2 account from Xbox One to PS5? I looks like I can for GTA 5.

Unfortunately there's no transferring system for RDO.

Last couple of days I’ve had lobbies with only 10 or so players in, have they lowered the numbers again?

I had a white dot appear on the map and it was one of those moonshine camp ones where you get the recipe, I haven’t seen one of those for years.

4 hours ago, LooseCanon said:

Last couple of days I’ve had lobbies with only 10 or so players in, have they lowered the numbers again?

I had a white dot appear on the map and it was one of those moonshine camp ones where you get the recipe, I haven’t seen one of those for years.

What recipe do you get? Haven't heard of those encounters.

1 hour ago, Taterman said:

What recipe do you get? Haven't heard of those encounters.

"Poison Poppy" recipe, it's the only unlockable via random event.

6 hours ago, maxon1196 said:

"Poison Poppy" recipe, it's the only unlockable via random event.

Man, I'm level 330 and have never come across it.

Edit: Does it have anything to do with the story mission where you need negative honor to start it?

Edited by Taterman

2 hours ago, Taterman said:

Edit: Does it have anything to do with the story mission where you need negative honor to start it?

Nah, random events don't depend on that.

Btw, the only way to keep your progress is to play on Xbox Series X|S which still runs Xbox One version of the game. I still doubt that Rockstar will ever release native Xbox Series & PS5 versions.

LooseCanon
20 hours ago, Taterman said:

There are 12 spots on the map where it spawns.  There is one just above and just below the E of blue in BluE water marsh.