RDO Speculation & General Chat (Part II)

Kirsty

On 9/17/2022 at 2:22 AM, Covered Wagon Fan said:

That's a real fine skull lantern you are holding in Annesburg. 

The wagons parked up by the train station there could do with new canvas. 

It was the best place for spooky photos, that place always has a creepy atmosphere and I love it. 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CB101683 said:

At least we can enjoy karma coming back to rockstar for their behavior over the last few years. Could care less if it delays gta 6 longer, they get what they deserve for their insane level of greed, lack of trying to fix glaring issue like hacking, peer2peer sever problems, ignoring the fans 95% of the time, leaving RDO players in the dark for 3 years only to just drop RDO outright for the 9 year old cash cow. I could keep going but you get the point they had this coming for the years of s hitty behavior.

That honestly can't be real video from the game, cause if it is..

giphy.gif

• KEKW 2

Covered Wagon Fan
34 minutes ago, Direwrath said:

It was the best place for spooky photos, that place always has a creepy atmosphere and I love it. 😉

I was in Annesburg yesterday on a wagon, taking a few photos of the place.  I took a wagon from Valentine, stopped at my moonshine shack (which is north of Emerald Station, east of Van Horn) to see how the moonshine production was going before heading onto Annesburg. 

I was never that far north on a covered wagon, but it was a nice trip.  There was two lanterns on the wagon that were lit up as it was dark when I pulled up outside the train station.

I will be visiting all the towns in the game and taking snaps of them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Covered Wagon Fan said:

I was in Annesburg yesterday on a wagon, taking a few photos of the place.  I took a wagon from Valentine, stopped at my moonshine shack (which is north of Emerald Station, east of Van Horn) to see how the moonshine production was going before heading onto Annesburg. 

I was never that far north on a covered wagon, but it was a nice trip.  There was two lanterns on the wagon that were lit up as it was dark when I pulled up outside the train station.

I will be visiting all the towns in the game and taking snaps of them.

If you get some clouds and better yet heavy rain ones without the rain it can get really dark up in Roanoke... If you have a friend who can get you a train it can be really spooky vibes when the fog is heavy....

And secondly why is this sajt so slow when I submit Reply?

• Like 1

Covered Wagon Fan
11 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

If you get some clouds and better yet heavy rain ones without the rain it can get really dark up in Roanoke... If you have a friend who can get you a train it can be really spooky vibes when the fog is heavy....

And secondly why is this sajt so slow when I submit Reply?

I think the last time I went through Annesburg on a train, I noticed dark clouds there.  It made a grim town grimmer.

I usually avoid Annesburg and Van Horn unless I'm on a mission.  The only exception was the wagon trip I took to Annesburg yesterday to take photos of the town.

• Realistic Steak! 2

Lemoyne outlaw
17 minutes ago, Covered Wagon Fan said:

Some photos I took at Miseryburg - I mean Annesburg:

i actually like annesburg. sure it's not as good as valentine or Rhodes. mostly because it lacks stores and things to do. but i do like the atmosphere. it partially reminds me of liberty city. like the dock and industrial areas. it has a unique charm. and i like visiting there. plus its cool exploring the mine and starting a shootout in the town. i like to fight on the beach.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

i actually like annesburg. sure it's not as good as valentine or Rhodes. mostly because it lacks stores and things to do. but i do like the atmosphere. it partially reminds me of liberty city. like the dock and industrial areas. it has a unique charm. and i like visiting there. plus its cool exploring the mine and starting a shootout in the town. i like to fight on the beach.

That there is no proper beer hall is a shame!

-----------------------

Covered Wagon Fan
14 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

That there is no proper beer hall is a shame!

-----------------------

Or somewhere that sells Rekorderlig cider 😉

20 hours ago, Rvfae said:

I'd much rather have more RDO updates than another GTA game 🙄

Why couldn't we get both? 😫

Edited by Direwrath

On 9/20/2022 at 3:14 AM, Lemoyne outlaw said:

It definitely needed a few bounties up there and more side stuff to do.

Just realised i'm in the online section😂

Edited by ~INDIO~
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

It definitely needed a few bounties up there and more side stuff to do.

Just realised i'm in the online section😂

Lol, welcome!

Also, I agree for both SP and Online. 😁

• Like 1

Unikorn Butcher
On 9/18/2022 at 7:40 PM, Covered Wagon Fan said:

I prefer the shorter types of covered wagon in the game:

spacer.png

I love how you can see the stitching on the canvas and how it is tied on:

spacer.png

Do you by any change watch Engels Coach Shop in youtube? He builds and restores these old wagons just like in the old times, it's amazing to see how these are built in the real world.

• Like 2

Covered Wagon Fan
22 minutes ago, Unikorn Butcher said:

Do you by any change watch Engels Coach Shop in youtube? He builds and restores these old wagons just like in the old times, it's amazing to see how these are built in the real world.

I didn't, but I will now.  Thanks for telling me 🙂

Unikorn Butcher
8 minutes ago, Covered Wagon Fan said:

I didn't, but I will now.  Thanks for telling me 🙂

No problem, I thought someone with that name would be interested :D

• Like 1

Covered Wagon Fan

One thing I love about the games is how the towns look different.  Rhodes with the yellow train station and dusty streets, Valentine with the muddy streets and the snow capped mountains in the background.

9 hours ago, Covered Wagon Fan said:

One thing I love about the games is how the towns look different.  Rhodes with the yellow train station and dusty streets, Valentine with the muddy streets and the snow capped mountains in the background.

It's just like taking a drive across the US. 😁 

The place I was raised in the south central Nebraska looks nearly like Blackwater and the rolling plains around it sans the water (mine was a railroad town), funny how I get a little homesick every time I hang out around that area. Not only that but the buildings in Blackwater look almost the same as the old main street buildings in my small town when the place was bustling with people, unfortunately by the time I got there they were down to 20-ish people, some cattle, and literally one little chestnut horse.

Of course I knew that horse, her name was Gypsy. 😉

Whoever detailed the map did their homework.

• Like 3

Crazy how they let this game go but GTAVI is still like two or three years away smh.

When this game went standalone that was basically R* saying we're done here, enjoy everything we added up to this point lol.

Sure Blood Money added some nice things (Crime Contracts, Quick Draw Club, Call to Arms) but everything from The Naturalist and beyond didn't feel like the same quality of updates we got from when RDO left beta up until Moonshiners.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Rvfae said:

Crazy how they let this game go but GTAVI is still like two or three years away smh.

When this game went standalone that was basically R* saying we're done here, enjoy everything we added up to this point lol.

Sure Blood Money added some nice things (Crime Contracts, Quick Draw Club, Call to Arms) but everything from The Naturalist and beyond didn't feel like the same quality of updates we got from when RDO left beta up until Moonshiners.

Makes me believe that most of the higher ups that worked on RDO left the company a couple of years after the release, and the ones that are left couldn’t care less about it, even after GTA6 comes out. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JohnMcLoviin said:

Makes me believe that most of the higher ups that worked on RDO left the company a couple of years after the release, and the ones that are left couldn’t care less about it, even after GTA6 comes out. 

Yea, Imran Sarwar, one of the RDO leads left in May 2019 due to abusive behavior in the workplace. Unfortunate...

36 minutes ago, Rvfae said:

Yea, Imran Sarwar, one of the RDO leads left in May 2019 due to abusive behavior in the workplace. Unfortunate...

Any word on if he joined another company? 

57 minutes ago, Rvfae said:

So none of the old guard is left then?

2 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

So none of the old guard is left then?

Rob Nelson and the current team that was there back in 2019 as well (Scott Butchard, Tarek Hamad & Katie Pica) are still here

Edited by Rvfae

Covered Wagon Fan
On 9/21/2022 at 6:54 PM, Covered Wagon Fan said:

BTW, everyone should try and go through the lovely town of Rhodes on a wagon, to see the red dust getting on the canvas on the wagon.

It was a while since I was in the desert, so I must visit Tumbleweed.  The most westerly town in the game.

4 hours ago, Covered Wagon Fan said:

BTW, everyone should try and go through the lovely town of Rhodes on a wagon, to see the red dust getting on the canvas on the wagon.

It was a while since I was in the desert, so I must visit Tumbleweed.  The most westerly town in the game.

I like how it gets all over everything, even our clothes. 😄

Today, I figured I would go out on a ride with Bogey. But we got stuck in the town stables instead...

65BDf9B.png

For the love of the gods, R*, before you leave us to the past can you at least fix the bug that keeps putting the skinned hides on the back of our horses! I got stuck in that stable because I left the Train Station after picking up my mail and once again, Bogey was carrying a bunch of pelts.

• Like 3

^^^ annoying bug, but putting a pelt on the back & discarding it makes it go away. Thank God lol 

3 hours ago, Grizzy said:

^^^ annoying bug, but putting a pelt on the back & discarding it makes it go away. Thank God lol 

I'll try that next time, thanks for the info! 😊

Has that stable thing been a problem for long? I've never had that happen to me before.