RDO Speculation & General Chat (Part II)

Kirsty

7 minutes ago, StyxTx said:

As it has been for a couple years.

That is true! But at least they could ad the limited cloth or are they saving that for RDO+?

Rev. Gnash
1 hour ago, 1898 said:

Remember, when they finally announce GTAVIs release date, it will be a lie.      
The actual release will be at least 6 to 12 months after that and will require everyone on the payroll to work 24/7.  

The squandered resources, used for the Trilogy and E&E...

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

TheOriginalGunslinger

@Tez2 Any word on if RDO+ would potentially be a real thing? Honest to god I guarantee they would do that instead of dropping actual updates. That would be crazy to even think about and another slap in the face. Locking and unlocking stuff behind a payed subscription would just be… Jesus Christ… I don’t even wanna think about that.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Spider-Vice

An RDO+ could never happen without a steady stream of content to attract people to the subscription. Don't think it's happening.

• Like 3

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

TheOriginalGunslinger
10 hours ago, YNNEL said:

RIP RDO

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StyxTx said:

I haven't checked but it would be nice since I'm down to my last 2500 gold bars.

Well I'll just be releasing you from the burden of those heavy gold bars my friend.

giphy.gif

😆 

Just trying to show R* how it's done 

10 hours ago, basedsam9 said:

Yep, just like we all thought. There is no disputing it now - this game is officially dead if some of you haven't gotten the hint yet.

It ain't right, but that's the way it looks.

2 hours ago, Direwrath said:

It ain't right, but that's the way it looks.

Nah, not the way it looks.

That's the way it is.

Shane_Dbns

I saw the Red Dead Online subreddit is holding some type of funeral in game to mark the death of rdo on the 13th of July which is pretty funny.

It'll probably be full of griefers and such though. I wouldn't mind doing a event like that with this forum's members honestly, it'll definitely be more civil.

So yeah, who's down for a funeral?

Edited by Shane_Dbns

10 hours ago, Tez2 said:

No new DLC depot updates on SteamDB since September 2021. And still continuing.

Even if we are to suddenly receive new depot updates suggesting a new DLC, it won't arrive until around 3 to 6 months from now. GTA6 development is already prioritized, but will be higher next year. Would Rockstar say no when more resources are demanded for VI just to save RDO? You look at the current state and you're disappointed. You look at the future and there's more disappointment. :bruh:

Thank you for giving us closure...but sir is there a chance that you asked your source if rockstar might be planning to release a patch for ps5 unlocking the framerate and increasing the resolution of the game? thanks.

You know everything has to come to an end, either good or bad. With live service games, only the most dedicated and hardcore will remain till the end (and thus will be the most devastated when it ends). Whilst I left back in Dec 21, given the month long winter event week with no DLC ... we are about to reach the 1 year anniversary of BM next week.

Thanks for providing closure!

• Like 3

ShmuckaRucka

I watched The Professional's video last night and I'm seeing all the talk about the situation and now the funeral next week. I get the situation and I'm upset about what happened to RDO but I just don't get why people still had hopes for anything at this point. The game hasn't been updated in a year and the last really good update was in 2019 with Moonshiners. The updates since then have been getting crappier and smaller. No update in December and the switch to monthly events was basically Rockstar unofficially killing support for the game. The writing has been on the wall for a while. 

TheOriginalGunslinger
23 hours ago, Rev. Gnash said:

Sidenote: Did anyone else receive 5 gold bars?

tumblr-351ddcbdaae7434242f5aab189ca5827-

Checked the lockbox earlier and had 5 in there. I guess they were just giving a few bars away. lol

• Like 2

Covered Wagon Fan

I got my 5 gold bars there.  Yee-haw!

That brings my gold bar total to 27.

• Like 3

If you like going out on covered wagons in Red Dead Online or a fan of them - let me know.

Everyone is talking about this funeral? Is this something where players are going to get together online and hold some sort of ceremony? 

I'm not on any of the big social sites so I'm out of the loop.

1 hour ago, Direwrath said:

Everyone is talking about this funeral? Is this something where players are going to get together online and hold some sort of ceremony? 

I'm not on any of the big social sites so I'm out of the loop.

Come on, this game isn't really just gonna pass away. Rockstar is balls deep into GTA 6, we know GTA Online is their main and easiest cash cow, which makes Red Dead Online the last priority, but still a priority. I firmly believe we'll see something at a later point, but it's a damn shame it can't be at a near point in time

rollschuh2282

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/9k74k52737912k/grand-theft-auto-and-red-dead-online-community-update

Over the past few years, we have been steadily moving more development resources towards the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series — understanding more than ever the need to exceed players’ expectations and for this next entry to be the best it can possibly be — and as a result, we are in the process of making some changes to how we support Red Dead Online.

Alongside seasonal special events and experience improvements — plus other changes to enhance and maintain a healthy Red Dead Online environment — we plan to build upon existing modes and add new Telegram Missions this year, rather than delivering major themed content updates like in previous years, and we will continue to highlight and share the creative efforts of our Red Dead community at every opportunity via the Newswire and beyond.

• KEKW 2

Spider-Vice

nitw_nightmareeyes.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

RDO is dead. It's support has been abandoned by Rockstar.

Just accept it ... time to move on!

I hope this is a lesson to Rockstar that not every of their upcoming games should implement a GTA Online like multiplayer experience. In the case of RDR2 a simple but fun RDR1-like multiplayer mode would have been the best choice.

• Like 1

awanderers1877

What most sensible players have been saying for months: what we have is the game in its final form 

Shane_Dbns

So yeah, RDO is pretty much dead confirmed by Rockstar. At least they've officially said something, I guess.

I just wished they'd release a 60fps patch for new gen consoles as sort of a last update.

Edited by Shane_Dbns

Talisman_83

New Telegram missions? 

Binning major themed content?

The game is dead. 

R* - do yourself a favour and give up.

Fellow players - move on. 

It's over.

• Like 1

Commander S

Only thing I'm surprised about is that they've actually come out and said it: my money was on them just staying silent, chugging away with the monthly themed events, and waiting for GTA VI or the next GTAO update to distract most people.

But yeah, they've pointed out what should have already been clear with RDO updates drying up around the time of "E&E": they've already reassigned devs and resources from RDO to things higher up the priority ladder (first getting "E&E" out as R*'s first outing on the new consoles, and then GTA VI).

What I'm curious about is ...when's the hammer going to fall on (this iteration of) GTAO? They're doing a bunch of popular community requests, plus beefing up payouts, and the big December update features Mr. GTA V himself (Michael) as the main contact. If you had to ask me what I'd do to round out GTAO in such a way to give it a grand send-off (and with the better earning power as a way of making the 'final' form of GTAO that bit smoother, to make up for the lack of new updates until GTA VI's Online), then yeah, that's about what I'd go with.

Lemoyne outlaw

wow i guess this really is it. that's horrible. of course they hype up gta online and what does red dead get? new telegram missions? couldn't they at least do one final dlc? add a few more guns some new game modes and even a new role? this game had mountains of potential. sure it would never be as big as gta online. because the little kiddies can't fly around in their flying bikes. or shoot laser guns. but it is such an amazing game. and it's disgusting to see them waste it all away. especially considering how much money and manpower they have. sure i understand they have most of their efforts going into gta 6. but i think they could spare a few people and some of their billions to make some dlc. but i guess they don't care. very pathetic. it's so funny how confident and how excited they were for all their ideas when rdo started. but now they barely acknowledge it. they should have concentrated on story dlc instead. but no they just had to make gta online in the wild west. and yet it failed. i really hope if the next red dead gets treated better.

Huh. They done with Red Dead Online. Thank you for all support. No more big updates. 

Officer Friendly

Hopefully Rockstar have learned to no longer include online in any non GTA related game.  RDR2 would have been better off releasing an SP expansion that fleshed out New Austin and Mexico.

It does beg the question if they’ve moved all of RDO resources to VI why not HIRE MORE PEOPLE FOR RDO? I mean come on ffs they are literally swimming in cash. THIS is their excuse? We don’t have enough resources? A multi billion dollar company? Lmao. Poor souls.

• Like 2