RDO Speculation & General Chat (Part II)

Kirsty

9 minutes ago, Wastelander (Suzuki) said:

Roadblocks and "Destory/find the still" work. The "Sabotage the Still" one as has been the case since the moonshiners update, has in my experience a 8 in 10 chance of being completely bugged and unwinnable if you get spotted.

"Kill remaining enemies"

I know a fix for that bug! And it is so annoying the we the community need to fix their game....

The trick to not get the bug is to destroy the still as soon they spot you and no reinforcement have arrived yet.

I think I have done all of them in stealth. It is not hard but stressful due to timer. It is like R* just want us to go all in blasting like fools!

• Like 1

Alpha 1122
7 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

There might not be any updates but I don't think player count has fallen that much to affect sessions lol. Still 2.5-3k just for RDO and just on Steam, not counting those who might own the SP+O bundle (probably most), and the ones on the Rockstar Launcher or the Epic Games Store, and there's the console versions too.

Don't think the player count is that low to affect anything like that, just IMO though :p 

Off topic but Spider don't u think Rockstar is kinda behaving strange? Like usually a month before a DLC comes we do get a slight hint of what we are getting..But this time we don't have any..Heck we don't even know a actual release date for the DLC and we are just speculating that a DLC is coming on July 19th just by a date from GTA+.. Seems like it might be a small update idk but don't u think its weird?

Spider-Vice
5 hours ago, Alpha 1122 said:

Like usually a month before a DLC comes we do get a slight hint of what we are getting

No we don't. Been discussed to death in the GTA Online (why are you asking me this here?) DLC topic. Most DLC teasers have come a week, not a month prior, in previous years. Only exceptions were Cayo Perico and the two or so updates they announced in advance in an article because of Take-Two conferences happening that same day.

12 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

Did showdown in middle of the night early morning and it was basically dead. And the race was like seven people max. And this was console!

But GTA Online matchmaking can be strange in that sense too, and it's GTA Online. I find many dead modes until I keep retrying for a Quick Job like 600 times and finally get a fuller lobby.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

14 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

I thought they could ad new code and test things without updating the Qbeta folder. Their support always say clear cache and testing an update could be hidden in temp files?

They can address bugs with hotfixes via background updates. But these are more of like duct tape fixes than actual fixes.

Actual new code arrives with a new title update. What support tells you is not gonna address an actual bug whatsoever. Best can support do is forward your issue to the developers. They can't fix the bug themselves. Even so, saying "I have a problem at X" isn't gonna help the developers very much. Unless you provide them with steps to reproduce the bug. That's one of the fundamental steps QA devs do.

14 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

There might not be any updates but I don't think player count has fallen that much to affect sessions lol. Still 2.5-3k just for RDO and just on Steam, not counting those who might own the SP+O bundle (probably most), and the ones on the Rockstar Launcher or the Epic Games Store, and there's the console versions too.

Don't think the player count is that low to affect anything like that, just IMO though :p 

Geographical location is a factor within matchmaking. Players near your location are almost always less than the whole player count. So we don't know how many players are still playing around you or around the players claiming to experience issues more often than usual.

Edited by Tez2

15 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

Maybe as Tez2 says small lobbies are more common and stuff just pops more often! I get plenty of hidden hideouts and different moonshine events. But no wagons and fame seekers yet. Maybe just fame seeker requires a posse to spawns....?

All spawn issues are lobby size issues. Solo lobbies have no problem at all with things spawning. If anything, they spawn too much.

So it is all or nothing tomorrow? If we get a full month or less. I wonder what happened with the update we should have gotten in December?

26 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

They’ll announce the GTAO dlc tomorrow just to rub it in.

TRUE

8 minutes ago, Zapper said:

Kinda off topic but-

IU8.gif

Nah, not off topic it is a general chat too, so.....

Poor reception? The game was buggy and not fixed when released.....

skyfamster

The only pruduct from Rockstar I'm going to buy is RDR1 PC version.

The rest(including gta6) is not worth one dime for me.why?the company NOW  is full of mediocre arrogant people who think they are talented.

Edited by skyfamster

19 minutes ago, skyfamster said:

The rest(including gta6) is not worth one dime for me.why?the company NOW  is full of mediocre arrogant people who think they are talented.

The current staff certainly has no idea how to proceed with RDO.

Spider-Vice
34 minutes ago, skyfamster said:

See you in GTA VI. :p 

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

I know we like to joke and talk about how dead the game is, but tomorrow will truly be either the last nail in the coffin, or the game's resurrection. And with Tez2's info in mind, I think this might be it for the game.

13 minutes ago, basedsam9 said:

I know we like to joke and talk about how dead the game is, but tomorrow will truly be either the last nail in the coffin, or the game's resurrection. And with Tez2's info in mind, I think this might be it for the game.

Then people will move on to ‘if we don’t get a winter dlc the game is finished’. The game has been finished for ages. The last significant dlc was 2 years ago lol

Space Cowboy

It's just a never-ending cycle of disappointment with Rockstar. They dropped RDO support, and supposedly the only project they work on is the next GTA. For a company of such massive size (and they are likely bigger than when RDR2 released/was being developed) their output is not great at all. I had hoped for RDR1 remaster for the longest time, but even that seems to be not happening. I can't help but wonder what are they doing?

A company as big as Rockstar should be able to do a lot more things at once than just updating GTAO and developing a new GTA.

BUT! Maybe they'll release the PS5-XBX versions once they get enough resources to actively support the online again.

1 hour ago, basedsam9 said:

If it was going to be the resurrection an announcement about a huge update would have been released by now.

1 hour ago, YNNEL said:

Then people will move on to ‘if we don’t get a winter dlc the game is finished’. The game has been finished for ages. The last significant dlc was 2 years ago lol

Yup. Some people will continue moving the line in the sand.

Red Lynx 23

Tomorrow we'll find out if RDO will be kept in it's catatonic state or not. If not, Conan Exiles will remain my favorite game. It has been going the opposite direction that RDO the past few years. 

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

A company as big as Rockstar should be able to do a lot more things at once than just updating GTAO and developing a new GTA.

It's not that they aren't able, it's that they will only focus on what's making them money.

3 hours ago, Zapper said:

Kinda off topic but-

IU8.gif

NOOO I WANTED RDR REMAKE

1 minute ago, Red Lynx 23 said:

Tomorrow we'll find out if RDO will be kept in it's catatonic state or not. If not, Conan Exiles will remain my favorite game. It has been going the opposite direction that RDO the past few years. 

It will be kept just as it is until they finally kill the servers. That's been obvious for a long time.

Red Lynx 23
13 minutes ago, StyxTx said:

It will be kept just as it is until they finally kill the servers. That's been obvious for a long time.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and a company that gives a damn about RDO will buy it from R* and Take 2. 

Edited by Red Lynx 23
Typo

2 hours ago, Lexiture said:

BUT! Maybe they'll release the PS5-XBX versions once they get enough resources to actively support the online again.

Just wanna remind you, this isn't recent/new info. I heard about a sort of an enhanced edition for RDR2 was in development two years ago. Also, heard about the Enhanced Rockstar Editor all the way back in 2019.

The development must be progressing hella slow or something.

And if there's a reason that could explain the lack of updates to the DLC depot on SteamDB is either this enhanced edition being worked on (maybe exclusive to PS5/XSX like GTAV E&E thus no need for updates on SteamDB?) OR the development is straight up halted due to VI or some other project. So far, I would bet on the latter.

Edited by Tez2
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Zapper said:

Kinda off topic but-

IU8.gif

That makes no sense. I mean, the poor reception is now, but do they cancelled it a few years ago?... so, they saw the future? More over, Rockstar said that they obtained many benefits with the Trilogy DE...

4 minutes ago, sutalu said:

That makes no sense. I mean, the poor reception is now, but do they cancelled it a few years ago?... so, they saw the future? More over, Rockstar said that they obtained many benefits with the Trilogy DE...

If we take Tez's tweet at face value, it seems like the first line is the actual information from the source, while the second is more like Tez's personal opinion on the matter at hand.

Anyway, it's possible Rockstar planned these remasters years ago but never started working on them properly. That Kotaku article did talk about a potential RDR remaster which depended on the success of Trilogy DE, so most likely they didn't start working on it before DE came out.

And if the information is legit, it won't be the first time Rockstar shelved a project for whatever reason. Just like Bully 2 was shelved to focus on RDR and Max Payne 3 (another rumor), they could've very well shelved these 2 projects too to completely focus on GTAVI.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sutalu said:

No. The ideas were "on the table" and could sit on there for years until the decision comes from Rockstar to kick the project into full production. GTA IV & RDR1 remasters weren't in "full production". Simply ideas/plans.

Rockstar's plan of remastering older titles started with the Trilogy based on the release order. And they were planning to do the same with the successive titles, but the decision to green-light depends on the initial reception of the remasters.

This was from last year Kotaku report:

For fans who are more interested in other classic Rockstar games getting remastered and rereleased, sources tell me that Rockstar has plans to develop new ports of games like Red Dead Redemption. But the future of these remastered games depends on how well these initial re-releases sell.

Edited by Tez2
  • Like 3

Archangelsky

It is sad that we probably never get a RDR1 for pc, I think it would have sold very well considering how well RDR2 have sold. Its a different game and has a different appeal then the GTA series (nothing wrong with people playing both of course). Cancelling GTA IV remake would make more sense, but RDR1 less so if they made their decision based on the sales of the GTA-trilogy. Perhaps there still is some glimmer of hope after GTA IV is launched.

Then yet again, I assume and hope that the success of RDR2 will give us a RDR3 down the line, and perhaps then we might have a new chance of getting  a RDR1 remake for consoles and a first release on pc.