1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

RDO Next Updates Speculation & General Chat (Part II)

Kirsty

3 hours ago, Rvfae said:

Who's ready for an update announcement tomorrow? 🙈

Almost...
BZteCCS.jpg

13 minutes ago, AdamNortonUK said:

I'd give it a week

Nah that's the week of the update itself. Last time they released GTAO and RDO updates in the same week was two years ago, ever since then RDO has been a week or two ahead of GTAO. And I very much doubt they'd push GTA to the week of the 20th as that's when the festive season for both games starts.

I'm gonna say Dec 7th for RDO and Dec 14th for GTAO assuming everything is going to plan on the development side.

• Like 1

Unknown Insider

Hope to see new  Reddeadonline update before GtaOnline new update like they do always but this is so weird because Qabeta didn’t get any updates in the background or maybe they are testing the new update but without telling us …….

On 11/10/2021 at 9:34 AM, Tez2 said:

They stopped doing QA beta updates anymore. It's no longer reflective of the development process.

Quite odd move. It could be that Rockstar no longer test out the next update on Steam? One thing I have noticed is that they rolled back qabeta3 on Oct 20th to an old build that was made on June 1st. That probably signaled the start of the final qa testing for the next update.

@Unknown Insider

1 hour ago, Unknown Insider said:

Hope to see new  Reddeadonline update before GtaOnline new update like they do always but this is so weird because Qabeta didn’t get any updates in the background or maybe they are testing the new update but without telling us …….

According to what Tez2 said, it was possibly to have had the Red Dead Online update on November 23rd.

Because it's been a while since Qabeta has been touched, and that usually happens when an update is about to be released.

But because of the GTA Trilogy "Definitive Edition" which is crap, according to its sources Rockstar is allocating more resources and developers to help with post-release development of GTA Trilogy with patches, fixes, etc.

And that there's a good chance that Red Dead Online and GTA Online updates might be delayed a little longer than normal.

Translating: We got screwed because of GTA Trilogy "Definitive Edition", which is more like "The Bug Edition".

• Like 2

Lemoyne outlaw
19 minutes ago, Sephivader said:

Translating: We got screwed because of GTA Trilogy "Definitive Edition", which is more like "The Bug Edition".

that is so stupid. why should we have to suffer because some idiots at grove street gaming  couldent do their job properly? it sucks that they screwed it up. but rdo is severely lacking in good quality content. and it deserves the attention. not a bunch of super old cash grabs.

36 minutes ago, Sephivader said:

But because of the GTA Trilogy "Definitive Edition" which is crap

Lol, that pretty much sums it all up. My son has been playing them and I admit, they do give us a good laugh.

Just tell me that there is hope that this possible new RDR remaster is not going to be "remastered" in the same way?

Those GTA games look more like an amateur modder had a go at it and made a mod that enhanced the games just a wee bit.

20 minutes ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

that is so stupid. why should we have to suffer because some idiots at grove street gaming  couldent do their job properly? it sucks that they screwed it up. but rdo is severely lacking in good quality content. and it deserves the attention. not a bunch of super old cash grabs.

This is what I was worried about when they mentioned these games were being updated, that they would not be able to spread their development team far enough to push them through and continue working on the online games. Mainly RDO because we all know that, that is the game that would be forgotten in the mess that they made.

• Like 2

rollschuh2282
17 minutes ago, Direwrath said:

Just tell me that there is hope that this possible new RDR remaster is not going to be "remastered" in the same way?

of course it wouldn´t be.
R* will never give the RAGE engine to a external studio.
it´s their baby.
so a RDR1 and GTA IV remaster would happen in-house.
like RDR1 would very likely happen in RDR2s engine.
i mean...the biggest work is done.
like all the required mechanics, features and such.
and even half the map already.
so all they would really need to do for a RDR1 remaster.
is finish mexico, edit new austin and west elizabeth a bit so it is like RDR1, create the remaining characters that weren´t made yet in RDR2.
port the cutscenes over and the audio, edit them a bit to work with RDR2s skeleton.
use their mission creator to re-create the missions. (yes they have a story mode mission creator similiar to the GTAO creator, they just save it in a different format.)
done.
would be way less work

Edited by rollschuh2282

5 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

it´s their baby.

That's the most plausible scenario honestly. And seemingly we don't even know what Rockstar Dundee is doing makes me believe they're in charge of the RAGE remasters (E&E or a hypothetical RDR1, GTAIV remaster) along with other Rockstar teams to get accustomed to the engine itself.

They announced Blood Money at 9:59 am eastern one week before its release, then the full info blowout the next day at 9:46 am eastern. If we get an update announcement anytime soon I'd expect it to be around 10 am eastern, 10am eastern - 12pm eastern max.

Yeah, maybe today we'll get an announcement. Not really excited because it'll probably be a small update 

Lonely-Martin
7 hours ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

There's no way they took people away from developing the RDRO/GTA:O updates because of that. If anything it's those creating R*'s next game like GTA VI that got pulled over to fix the remasters because that's already years away and of lesser immediate impact plus they know DLC for the online games make too much money, especially GTA. T2 would never allow R* to delay the Xmas guaranteed money either.

• Like 2

I was argueing that rockstar should focus on new titles/updates and not milking old sh*t.

the mainstream answer was:  t"hey have several development teams, remasters will not affect the new /updates/titles."

and what do we have now?  postponing because they f*cked it up....

2 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

There's no way they took people away from developing the RDRO/GTA:O updates because of that. If anything it's those creating R*'s next game like GTA VI that got pulled over to fix the remasters because that's already years away and of lesser immediate impact plus they know DLC for the online games make too much money, especially GTA. T2 would never allow R* to delay the Xmas guaranteed money either.

As I said the other day, R* has hundreds of employees, so there is no way that putting a few on GTA DE would affect anything unless "a few" is like a hundred people, their management is sh*t or they put the Community College class that does RDO Updates on it.

• Like 2

DrKrankenstein
13 minutes ago, JumpingKentFlash said:

What’s new today?

take a guess?

nothing ,it was a 2 week "event"

• Like 2

DrKrankenstein
15 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

Serious?

newswire said till dec 6. still free beans though.

edit, no free beans.pants and pistols 40% off, same limited clothing.

Edited by DrKrankenstein

How come smaller companies can produce way more quality updates throughout the year but a huge company like R* just gives us free beans. Are they incompetent? Do they just not care? How can they be so large but produce so little? Grandtheftfornite 6 must be one hell of a game.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MrHarlow said:

How come smaller companies can produce way more quality updates throughout the year but a huge company like R* just gives us free beans. Are they incompetent? Do they just not care? How can they be so large but produce so little? Grandtheftfornite 6 must be one hell of a game.

I think it is lack of communications, no one in charge that can point out a great direction to take, fourth most I think of them being to cheap! The first thing I try to spot is how much of old dlc are they reusing when it comes to texture and stuff!

• Like 2

DrKrankenstein

the bigger the company, the less they care.

you can buy your way out of bad publicity. buy some likes for the youtube channel, and "coerce"twitter to remove offensive content(your complaints), it's quite easy.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Lonely-Martin
38 minutes ago, MrHarlow said:

Because they know they can. It's as simple as that unfortunately.

I'd explain more, but it'd be nothing I and many haven't said for years now.

Simply put, it's quite genius really TBH.

Lol there isn’t going to be announcement because I doubt there’s an update. A couple new opportunities they’ll slip into a newswire in a couple of weeks.

• Realistic Steak! 1

15 hours ago, rollschuh2282 said:

it´s their baby.
like RDR1 would very likely happen in RDR2s engine.
i mean...the biggest work is done.
like all the required mechanics, features and such.
and even half the map already.
so all they would really need to do for a RDR1 remaster.
is finish mexico, edit new austin and west elizabeth a bit so it is like RDR1, create the remaining characters that weren´t made yet in RDR2.
port the cutscenes over and the audio, edit them a bit to work with RDR2s skeleton.
use their mission creator to re-create the missions. (yes they have a story mode mission creator similiar to the GTAO creator, they just save it in a different format.)
done.
would be way less work

That sounds right on point, but the development teams don't seem to be motivated to make anything that takes an honest effort. 

Although I personally wouldn't mind seeing the old model of John reintroduced, not that his models in RDR2 aren't, umm perfect. It's just there is something about that old model that hits the nostalgia button for me. 😊 John is such a young (and I dare say pretty) thing in RDR2, they are going to need to roughen his models up a bit if they intend to use them in the remaster.

Also, an Undead Nightmare remake would have me thrilled to all get out. 💀

I want to see some passion in these games, like R* really gives a darn about the products that they are putting out. I mean RDR2 was a full on masterpiece and all hope was that they would continue on that path, instead they took a turn and decided to go backwards.

3 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Because they know they can. It's as simple as that unfortunately.

Yep ☝☝

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

All twelve of us. ;)

THAT, was a good one. I almost choked on my pita-brot!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rvfae said:

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Rockstar Games - ruining days since 2018!