4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread

The Holy Diver

On 8/12/2021 at 6:58 AM, netnow66 said:

@Direwrath--thanks for the Bones "The Cowboy in the Contest" gif in the other thread. I'm trying to locate that episode now. UPDATE: Getting it from Prime right now,

You're welcome! 😁 I love that show.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Oh f*ck off.

You know full and well that only swamp folk charge at you with a knife

So you want the game to follow the same pattern everytime? It seems you dont like being surprised by the A.I, thats one thing I love in games, it becomes boring when you know all the npc’s behaviors and nothing new wouldnt happen anymore. 

Every npc given the chance should use whatever weapon they carry, its not because one has firearms there wont be a scenario a melee weapon will be used, that happens a lot in Battlefield series for exemple.

I dont want to sound rude to you, but I prefer having a game that surprises me with a higher level of challenge in difficulty than seeing the same old.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Direwrath said:

Sometimes my guy would like a hug... Try to get one from the working girls but if he keeps pressing up on them they chase him out of town, or that could have been because we 
"accidentally" shot at the bartender? 😆

R* should let us use the hug and slap emotes we have inside the Moonshine shack when we’re drunk, and develop more of these that surely would have a lot more usefulness than the ones from the passes…. 

• Like 2

Shadowfennekin

Geez the third Blood Money opportunity is even worse than the second!

The saloon was really the only hard part, knifed the bastard when he went out for a smoke and upon realizing that you can't jump out that way I got shot to smithereens again. Restarted, knifed him and leaped down into the saloon and bolted out. SAFE! Grab the wagon and it's yet another long journey on a wagon, this part wasn't hard even on Ruthless. It's just slow and painfully boring.

The first one was the only good one

1 hour ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Geez the third Blood Money opportunity is even worse than the second!

The saloon was really the only hard part, knifed the bastard when he went out for a smoke and upon realizing that you can't jump out that way I got shot to smithereens again. Restarted, knifed him and leaped down into the saloon and bolted out. SAFE! Grab the wagon and it's yet another long journey on a wagon, this part wasn't hard even on Ruthless. It's just slow and painfully boring.

The first one was the only good one

Yeah you’re essentially null and voided if he goes to any other location because even if you dispose of the two patrols outside, you still have to contend with the 4-6 guards inside who don’t move, so gotta pray he does go for a piss at least once out of the two “opportunities” the game gives you. If not, you’re SOL son. Restarty time! Or be incredibly lucky and survive multiple Rolling Block rounds from lawmen. I unfortunately aren’t that pro. 😔

Edited by bevlian89

Turned off legalscreenskip for a bit yesterday to try Call To Arms. I knew I’d love it as an og 2013 Survival fiend. But…

It didn’t take long for the players sitting waist deep in ego to seep out and pat themselves on the back to circle jerk. A few I’ve noticed think they’re the best thing since sliced bread camping the Blackwater hotel rooftop. Like they are somehow superior than their team due to the fact that wagons, machete guys and juggernauts can’t get to them unless they climb up the ladders while they don’t have their weapon equipped. Their heads are easy pickings- oops I mean incredibly difficult to get the kills on. One particular thing I’ve noticed, is where the “skilled” player waits until you come to clear their sector because there’s one or two bandits left, but they wait intentionally for you to get close and get the assist, just to claim it before you. In that scenario normally I’d just wait for them to come down from their precious safety net and finish the wave themselves, but they’d more than likely rage at others for not pulling their weight.

The roofs are definitely more strategic but then positions matter, so you can’t get mad if someone at a spot where less enemies come in proceeds to get less kills than the players camping the hotel/theatre. “Skilled” apparently means turning your brain off and claiming supremacy over your 50+ kill count to other players. Come down to ground level and claim that gamer title. Let’s see that Carcano skill in the alleys and behind buildings. Literally one man bands that can only play one f*cking tune. “Hu hu, but who got more kills tho u mug?” “I’m carrying you, l2p” I’d wager would be the common response if we had in-game chat.

Why do player kill counts and rank even matter (apart from the obvious ones like pouch space for tonics), if your teammates aren’t afk or trolling what’s the problem? Let them play their way, long as they aren’t dying all the time and at least participating! Apparently smurfing is popular too (posing as a low rank to “humiliate” higher ranks).

Seems like the heat boils up way too fast with some folk, but next week when the pay drops off significantly, do you think these types will still be aggressive to other players, and seeing the general hate for RDO currency, will they even be playing CTA at all? My verdict is probably not; only true fans of the mode will stay just like on GTA survival, and 1 gold bar $300 dollars ish doesn’t seem enough to get triggered by bad players. Then again that’s just me.

Does team effort even exist anymore? So far I’ve been the only person healing the npc allies. Max for me has been 5/10 surviving a wave 10. They are really good at playing bait and switch with the npc enemies if placed well.

Shadowfennekin
6 hours ago, bevlian89 said:

Yeah you’re essentially null and voided if he goes to any other location because even if you dispose of the two patrols outside, you still have to contend with the 4-6 guards inside who don’t move, so gotta pray he does go for a piss at least once out of the two “opportunities” the game gives you. If not, you’re SOL son. Restarty time! Or be incredibly lucky and survive multiple Rolling Block rounds from lawmen. I unfortunately aren’t that pro. 😔

I tried and died within a second lmao

Threw dynamite into the batch and just got killed

Stabbing him when he took a smoke, dashing over the railing and back into the saloon before bolting it out the front door and onto my horse was the only way I could think and it worked!

I don't see the point of locking these behind Capitale, I love the first one but not enough to grind Crapitale for it. I'll just use any season pass Crapitale I get(And even then ONLY use it if I'm replacing it, I wanna keep a stash just in case they add more use later. Crapitale is just AWFUL grind

JumpingKentFlash

One thing I really LOATHE: I go to the gunsmith. I choose a type of wood. I choose a wrap. I choose the wrap colour and the wood colour. I go out from the gunsmith and the wood and the wrap has reverted to something I didn’t choose. Why on earth? Is there any way to fix that? It’s incredibly annoying.

Anyone found a solution to the Collector's bug that seems to be happening, on Xbox I cannot collect any collectible that requires the Shovel / Metal Detector or any Flowers or Eggs, I can only collect static items, so non random jewelry, tarot cards and heirlooms.

I've deleted and reinstalled the game on Xbox, but it's happening on Xbox Game Pass so it looks to be not a cache / console issue but an issue with my character, and I'm not liking the idea of having to delete my character and start again. I really don't want to contact R* support and go round and round in circles with them so if anyone else had this bug that seems to have been introduced with the Blood Money update I'll be happy to hear it. It's been going on for nearly two weeks now so it's not a bug I've been able to fix yet or something that gets fixed after a game day.

• Like 3

Paule The Gamer
5 hours ago, AdamNortonUK said:

Anyone found a solution to the Collector's bug that seems to be happening, on Xbox I cannot collect any collectible that requires the Shovel / Metal Detector or any Flowers or Eggs, I can only collect static items, so non random jewelry, tarot cards and heirlooms.

I've deleted and reinstalled the game on Xbox, but it's happening on Xbox Game Pass so it looks to be not a cache / console issue but an issue with my character, and I'm not liking the idea of having to delete my character and start again. I really don't want to contact R* support and go round and round in circles with them so if anyone else had this bug that seems to have been introduced with the Blood Money update I'll be happy to hear it. It's been going on for nearly two weeks now so it's not a bug I've been able to fix yet or something that gets fixed after a game day.

Am on xbox s/x and i do not have this problem! But i will look it up and see if there is a fix for you! 

I come across this on reddit  

Edited by Paule The Gamer
add in info

1 hour ago, Paule The Gamer said:

Am on xbox s/x and i do not have this problem! But i will look it up and see if there is a fix for you! 

That's not it, the items just won't spawn at all, seems to be a bug with the latest update where unless they are static items no collectibles will spawn to be collected, as in they are not even in the places they should be, so no Eggs in trees, no flowers to be picked up, no digging spots where the ground had mound of dirt, no sparkles or sounds of collectibles...

Also opening Collectors Maps just does nothing, I open the map and my character just closes the map, it doesn't load the map up or put any markers on the map.

I just thought if other have encountered this bug and fixed it as I've not found a solution myself and I'm not the only one having this issue without it getting resolved. RDO is second nature to me now due to all the knowledge I have the game and running https://rdodailies.com amongst other things I do (if you didn't know :) it's just this bug is doing my head in as obviously some days I cannot completed all Role Daily Challenges because of this damn bug.

Looks like I will need to get in touch with Rockstar, as doesn't seem like it can be fixed and seems and issue with my account / character and if I have to start over due to Rockstars issues with bugs, they better compensate me for the time I've put in to earn gold bars to level up the roles on Xbox as well as the purchases I made back in May when I started playing on Xbox... otherwise I'll just pack in it and play only on PC again .

But thanks for trying to help, I just hope no one else encounters this bug either though, as it's definitely game breaking..

Some others with the same issue, bottom one has a video which I mentioned about the Collector Map issue too

Spoiler

Most developers would push out a fix as soon as possible or compensate their players since it now has made the Collector Role pretty much redundant, but I doubt the issue will get resolves for weeks, months even... perhaps next year with the next update since we had bugs from the Naturalist Role and the Bounty Hunter expansion that weren't fixed until the Blood Money update, even some remain...

I mean they fixed the bug with story sedated Legendary Animals that meant after sampling them you could then kill them whilst sedated and store them in your Wagon to donate to Cripps, but you can no longer do this, the game simply won't allow it...

However you can still stow them on your horse and still sell them or donate to Cripps after killing them whilst sedated, you just can no longer stockpile them for a later day... something that give players an advantage get fixed, issues that stop players earning in game even with the grind, take years to fix, I really hate what Rockstar have become over the past 6-7 years, especially releasing the same game over and over... 

Edited by AdamNortonUK
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AdamNortonUK said:

That's not it, the items just won't spawn at all, seems to be a bug with the latest update where unless they are static items no collectibles will spawn to be collected, as in they are not even in the places they should be, so no Eggs in trees, no flowers to be picked up, no digging spots where the ground had mound of dirt, no sparkles or sounds of collectibles...

Also opening Collectors Maps just does nothing, I open the map and my character just closes the map, it doesn't load the map up or put any markers on the map.

I just thought if other have encountered this bug and fixed it as I've not found a solution myself and I'm not the only one having this issue without it getting resolved. RDO is second nature to me now due to all the knowledge I have the game and running https://rdodailies.com amongst other things I do (if you didn't know :) it's just this bug is doing my head in as obviously some days I cannot completed all Role Daily Challenges because of this damn bug.

Looks like I will need to get in touch with Rockstar, as doesn't seem like it can be fixed and seems and issue with my account / character and if I have to start over due to Rockstars issues with bugs, they better compensate me for the time I've put in to earn gold bars to level up the roles on Xbox as well as the purchases I made back in May when I started playing on Xbox... otherwise I'll just pack in it and play only on PC again .

But thanks for trying to help, I just hope no one else encounters this bug either though, as it's definitely game breaking..

FYI It’s also happening on PC. A few external threads I’ve found have been asking the same questions, but personally I’m half way through a full 265 sweep today and all so far have been where they should be. Definitely strange, metal detector and shovel are role rank based so maybe some blood money code has broken collector rank abilities? Tez might tweet about it later hopefully.

10 minutes ago, bevlian89 said:

FYI It’s also happening on PC. A few external threads I’ve found have been asking the same questions, but personally I’m half way through a full 265 sweep today and all so far have been where they should be. Definitely strange, metal detector and shovel are role rank based so maybe some blood money code has broken collector rank abilities? Tez might tweet about it later hopefully.

Seems Rockstar know about it, but haven't done anything to try and fix it yet from the looks of things. It's just a waiting game and players suffer with the lack of commination, support will just either say its a player issue and to do 101 things to solve the issue or say they are aware of the issue and that's that. It wouldn't be so bad if it happened on my PC account, since I have enough resources but on Xbox obviously it's a two month old account so could do with the Gold from Daily Challenges and the items to sell for $$$ so I could live with the bug on PC, plus I might be able to fix the issues on PC due to having access to locations you cannot obviously access on console.

It's such a shame a bug that renders the Collector Role redundant isn't at the top of their list to fix, but I guess since they most likely hate the role due to all the ways they've nerfed it previously, some other Collectors role bugs also still exist such as the items not resetting or having to change sessions sometimes to update the locations when they are suppose to reset... but I'm just moaning for the sake of it now, I shouldn't be this annoyed over a game, maybe it's also the mood I've woken up today with... I should really get over it.

I hope a fix comes soon, not just for me, but for others that have the same issue on whatever platform, it's obviously a spawning issue since Flowers and Eggs don't require tools so it's not as if it's just a bug Metal Detectors / Shovel as they're just not loaded in, just seems weird when you can see other players collecting in spots you cannot interact with what so ever, it's as if you don't have the Collectors Role....,,

Edited by AdamNortonUK
  • Like 1

Paule The Gamer
2 hours ago, AdamNortonUK said:

Seems Rockstar know about it, but haven't done anything to try and fix it yet from the looks of things. It's just a waiting game and players suffer with the lack of commination, support will just either say its a player issue and to do 101 things to solve the issue or say they are aware of the issue and that's that. It wouldn't be so bad if it happened on my PC account, since I have enough resources but on Xbox obviously it's a two month old account so could do with the Gold from Daily Challenges and the items to sell for $$$ so I could live with the bug on PC, plus I might be able to fix the issues on PC due to having access to locations you cannot obviously access on console.

It's such a shame a bug that renders the Collector Role redundant isn't at the top of their list to fix, but I guess since they most likely hate the role due to all the ways they've nerfed it previously, some other Collectors role bugs also still exist such as the items not resetting or having to change sessions sometimes to update the locations when they are suppose to reset... but I'm just moaning for the sake of it now, I shouldn't be this annoyed over a game, maybe it's also the mood I've woken up today with... I should really get over it.

I hope a fix comes soon, not just for me, but for others that have the same issue on whatever platform, it's obviously a spawning issue since Flowers and Eggs don't require tools so it's not as if it's just a bug Metal Detectors / Shovel as they're just not loaded in, just seems weird when you can see other players collecting in spots you cannot interact with what so ever, it's as if you don't have the Collectors Role....,,

Am on xbox and am in a solo lobby do u want a invite to see if it works in this lobby as i have no problems as of yet (Touch Wood I dont) my gt is IlGtaGrindIl we dont have to play with each other its just to see if it helps u  

Paule The Gamer
3 hours ago, AdamNortonUK said:

Here i have uploaded a video showing u me on my xbox i have no pros with it  

I hope u get it fixed bro as thats game changing 

On 8/14/2021 at 8:18 AM, GrungeNinja said:

R* should let us use the hug and slap emotes we have inside the Moonshine shack when we’re drunk, and develop more of these that surely would have a lot more usefulness than the ones from the passes…. 

And offer new npc interactions when we use them. Oh the trouble I would get into just for the kicks of it. 😁

Got a few complaints to make, first off they have yet to fix the long hair style not parenting to the male character's head correctly. Yeah it was funny (and kind of still is) but they got to fix the fact that they have the lower part of the hair remain static against the neck while the scalp is dynamic and all over the place.

Second, allowing the npc enemies to spawn right behind a player in Call to Arms is messed up. Oh sure it keeps the blood pumping but c'mon!

Third, I don't know if this is a known issue, but there were a few enemies during the survival run that I could not hit or target with my weapon for a few seconds although they could fill me with lead just fine? They were not the heavy shotgunners, just the plain enemies that I could not draw my gun against. My character literally would not pull his gun up, but after a few seconds and a bit of damage on my part I was finally able to fire on them.

12 hours ago, AdamNortonUK said:

That’s why I was thinking it might be due to some Collector code messing with the update. How some people aren’t having problems with it while others are however is what’s odd. It’s not platform specific so it has to be related to blood money but then it’s only specific players so what, only new accounts? Only recently purchased roles? It’s gotta be something obvious. 

Collector is my most frequented role so I feel your pain lol. Hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later for ya! Don’t delete your character too soon because odds are it’s something and nothing.

Edited by bevlian89
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, bevlian89 said:

That’s why I was thinking it might be due to some Collector code messing with the update. How some people aren’t having problems with it while others are however is what’s odd. It’s not platform specific so it has to be related to blood money but then it’s only specific players so what, only new accounts? Only recently purchased roles? It’s gotta be something obvious. 

Collector is my most frequented role so I feel your pain lol. Hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later for ya! Don’t delete your character too soon because odds are it’s something and nothing.

All I know is that on PC and Xbox at the start of the update, as I tested it out, you couldn't collect when in Blood Money missions, except for static items either a bug only I had or everyone but now it seems you can collect within Blood Money missions after they release a small patch, so yes it's something they've limited or bugged for the Collectors Role but seems to be effecting some players in free roam too where obviously some restrictions should not apply. Hopefully Rockstar manages to patch it pretty quickly, as like I said on PC, it's not problem I've nearing Rank 600 with half a million in the bank and 3000 Gold Bars...

However on Xbox... 200 Gold Bars and $5,000 in cash and only Rank 190, so a long way to go to catch, so was playing more on Xbox just to actually have a something to play for, since on PC I don't have to do anything to purchase almost everything they release within an update... 

Oh and for those wondering, the Award for 10 waves completed in call to arms seems to be have been fixed, as it popped yesterday for me. :)

• Like 1

About the metal detector issue: check the help section. Short answer: delete items in your local profile and settings folders (except keymappings and settings.xml)
Start, don't enable cloud saves, load in game. Exit. Turn on cloud saves from R* launcher or from ingame if you have Steam.

Talking about collector and bugs! I got one where I get a notification that there is new collectibles to get!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nerfgoth said:

Talking about collector and bugs! I got one where I get a notification that there is new collectibles to get!

Yea, I keep getting notified the collectors bag has been updated.  

I think I experienced the bug they are talking about above also.  Yesterday I was in Lagras getting spoonbills and the collector chime and vibration was happening, but I couldn't find anything, no eggs, no flowers, no digable. 

Paule The Gamer

5 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

The only bug i get is that it keeps telling me that the Fossils are new when they not! Apart from that the roles works wonders for me!

4 hours ago, JumpingKentFlash said:

How do I delete the cache again? Can’t remember.

On PS4 you hold L1+R1 on the opening screen...But if IIRC you are on PC?  I believe PC you have to delete the cache from the program files, but please check with someone else on this one.

JumpingKentFlash
20 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

On PS4 you hold L1+R1 on the opening screen...But if IIRC you are on PC?  I believe PC you have to delete the cache from the program files, but please check with someone else on this one.

No it’s PS4 here. The opening screen. Where the shells load in or at the menu? 

15 minutes ago, JumpingKentFlash said:

No it’s PS4 here. The opening screen. Where the shells load in or at the menu? 

Nope, the one before that, the red one with Arthur on it(is that Arthur?).  Usually hold them down til I see the gun shots

JumpingKentFlash
12 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Nope, the one before that, the red one with Arthur on it(is that Arthur?).  Usually hold them down til I see the gun shots

Oh so I need to do it right after I press X to start the game. I’ve been doing it wrong then 😂

installed the game
tried that new survival game mode
it was all about tapping X and running around for the enemies that never use cover (typical cockstar design)
died
left (to be clear i left as i voted quit but another random jerk who were dying in the first minute pressed repeat and the game agreed with him)
wanted to try another location but the game were like
pff, wait 41 minutes of real time

deleted the game

like seriously, how hard do i have to damage my brain to like this trashy wait & tap X simulator?

Edited by gtadrive

17 minutes ago, gtadrive said:

installed the game
tried that new survival game mode
it was all about tapping X and running around for the enemies that never use cover (typical cockstar design)
died
left (to be clear i left as i voted quit but another random jerk who were dying in the first minute pressed repeat and the game agreed with him)
wanted to try another location but the game were like
pff, wait 41 minutes of real time

deleted the game

like seriously, how hard do i have to damage my brain to like this trashy wait & tap X simulator?

imagining playing... idk... Battlefield game. You leave the match because of a map that you do not like, and then the game is like: sit here in the menu for entire hour.
I'm mature, I love slow games like Death Stranding, gosh, I really feel myself as a gamer who started the run back in second part of 90s and I do experience fun in many different genres, but R* design is against me, and the most annoying thing in this case is that there are people who gets over it and call this trash a "masterpiece", and whoever disagree being called a kid who can't dig into it.
But for f*ck sake, it is annoying to see such potential being wasted and people holding this disgrace back. Red Dead Revolver was cool, RDR was a down in this family but still had a spark of Revolver, meanwhile RDR2 just makes me wanna puke!
f*cking trash!

The first things I saw from the latest start up is a message for the entire screen about buying twitch prime, and then as the game loaded it told me to hold the button and open the shop to BUY things.
Buy, f*cking BUY EVERYTHING, since when it became fine when the game is spinning around buying sh*t instead of being like: hey dude, look, there is action, press the button to join and have sh*t loads of fun! This is not a f*cking barby dress up simulator!

/s

"mic drop"

Edited by gtadrive
  • Like 2