Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

The Red Dead Online B*tch & Moan Thread


The Holy Diver
 Share

Recommended Posts

Buddy Hightower

Well, it's a sad day. I actually reinstalled GTA5 last night - ended up not even starting it up though.

Maybe I can delete both my characters and all my money and see how long it takes to be a king-pin again.

All you really need to do is get the sub and grind the island heist when you need something.

 

I just really wish they would give RDO the attention it deserves. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

well i guess today i can get mission done yet get shot while attempting to purchase clothing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 11:20 AM, JohnDekkers said:

This game is dying , nobody's moaning anymore!

Really no point in it anymore to me. What is left to be said?

Edited by StyxTx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is why pvp is a joke. I don’t mind the tonic abuse, the typical all pib posse. I just want a guaranteed headshot. One f*cking shot is all I ask for. But noooo gotta make sh*t so complicated. That’s rdr1 pvp will never be forgotten 

sh*t where’s the guy I quoted ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 4:19 PM, Enchilada said:

That is why pvp is a joke. I don’t mind the tonic abuse, the typical all pib posse. I just want a guaranteed headshot. One f*cking shot is all I ask for. But noooo gotta make sh*t so complicated. That’s rdr1 pvp will never be forgotten 

sh*t where’s the guy I quoted ?

all i want is no ability cards no tonic no dead eye just simple

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 3:08 PM, TLA99X said:

well i guess today i can get mission done yet get shot while attempting to purchase clothing

Yeah there were some fools in the last server I played.

They started the night by sending my husband a stupid, childish message. Than they started just shooting every player in the area.

 

My husband broke away and headed down to St Denis and went into the gun shop, turns out one of those arselings literally followed him all of the way there so that they could kill him as he left the shop.

The lot of them were always killing with a clean head shot, although my bloom wouldn't even appear even when I had the target dot straight in the middle of their chest/midsection. Slippery was a joke, Never Without One + hat didn't stop their headshot. The only time I got a kill on them was when they were close up and I had to aim at their feet and blow up the ground around them with my repeater loaded with explosive rounds. I couldn't even land a machete blow to the one when he was standing right in front of me, it was like my blade just went through him and he head shot me close quarters although his gun wasn't even raised to fire? It nearly felt like they were playing in a friendly fire mode, because my burst would look like it does when I would aim on my horse, or fellow posse members. No bloom just the small dot.

 

If the cards can make someone that indestructible why do mine never seem to work?

 

On 7/29/2021 at 9:20 AM, JohnDekkers said:

This game is dying , nobody's moaning anymore!

We're all moaned out 

😫

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

these new missions should include stand for 10 minutes after yu collect the bag them or get little in there description because 2/3 of the mission is just me standing

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GtaHitmanStrikesBack
On 7/30/2021 at 5:14 AM, TLA99X said:

these new missions should include stand for 10 minutes after yu collect the bag them or get little in there description because 2/3 of the mission is just me standing

 

Only rockstar can strip the fun out of stuff by awarding you for being slower. I remember when they first started doing this with gta online because they saw people were having too much fun and making too much money so this was their "nerf" and then they also removed the ability to restart missions instantly.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 3:41 AM, Direwrath said:

Yeah there were some fools in the last server I played.

They started the night by sending my husband a stupid, childish message. Than they started just shooting every player in the area.

 

My husband broke away and headed down to St Denis and went into the gun shop, turns out one of those arselings literally followed him all of the way there so that they could kill him as he left the shop.

The lot of them were always killing with a clean head shot, although my bloom wouldn't even appear even when I had the target dot straight in the middle of their chest/midsection. Slippery was a joke, Never Without One + hat didn't stop their headshot. The only time I got a kill on them was when they were close up and I had to aim at their feet and blow up the ground around them with my repeater loaded with explosive rounds. I couldn't even land a machete blow to the one when he was standing right in front of me, it was like my blade just went through him and he head shot me close quarters although his gun wasn't even raised to fire? It nearly felt like they were playing in a friendly fire mode, because my burst would look like it does when I would aim on my horse, or fellow posse members. No bloom just the small dot.

 

If the cards can make someone that indestructible why do mine never seem to work?

 

 

Not sure if it works on multiple platforms, mostly I hear stories solely from PS4 members. Aaanyway, Cronusmax is a popular software tool for game controllers that can mitigate a lot of the regular effects weapons have. Recoil, bloom, you name it. If you ever played GTAIVO a lot of custom controllers sold at the time had a prototype macro use tech in them, in where when you held down the trigger, every bullet from a 30 clip would hit its target dead to rights. Now the techs improved and widely sold, you have players able to dome you almost immediately and claim it as skill, because no one can know you’re using Cronusmax, it’s simply a tool the game controller uses. It’s not even a mod by developer definition, though I’m sure in a few years we may see some change on that.

 

If it’s PC, then it can be a whole manner of nexus plugins, bat files or that wanted mod menu or whatever, before you can even consider them being a Cronus user. Some might just be that skilled in tonic/card use, though 9 times outta 10 who’s to truly know, y’know?

 

Non-Card and Tonic based sessions would be great though without a doubt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buddy Hightower
On 7/30/2021 at 12:23 PM, bevlian89 said:

Not sure if it works on multiple platforms, mostly I hear stories solely from PS4 members. Aaanyway, Cronusmax is a popular software tool for game controllers that can mitigate a lot of the regular effects weapons have. Recoil, bloom, you name it. If you ever played GTAIVO a lot of custom controllers sold at the time had a prototype macro use tech in them, in where when you held down the trigger, every bullet from a 30 clip would hit its target dead to rights. Now the techs improved and widely sold, you have players able to dome you almost immediately and claim it as skill, because no one can know you’re using Cronusmax, it’s simply a tool the game controller uses. It’s not even a mod by developer definition, though I’m sure in a few years we may see some change on that.

 

If it’s PC, then it can be a whole manner of nexus plugins, bat files or that wanted mod menu or whatever, before you can even consider them being a Cronus user. Some might just be that skilled in tonic/card use, though 9 times outta 10 who’s to truly know, y’know?

 

Non-Card and Tonic based sessions would be great though without a doubt.

or just parley if you aren't interested, or were but now done with it.. it works.

Most will just realize you're done, you quit, whatever.. and move along.

Every once in awhile you'll get some BS message or someone will follow you - but in my experience, it's rare.

Worse case - just switch sessions.

 

 

Had a guy f*ck with me the other day.

I was reading the catalog on my horse in valentine.

I was also a few feet away from my controller getting some snacks set up (that's how i roll... lol)

Anyway I get pulled off my horse, you know the story.

Yep, that guy paid that day, i was bored. 

He parley. It worked...

:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

this morning while i was near tumbleweed, i found a capitale homestead with enemies, one enemy pulled me off my horse sending me flying up into the sky. (i thought i was going to die).

when i fell back to the ground i lived but i suddenly got wanted by lawmen.

i got into a gun battle with lawmen and the enemies.

after i found a clue on where to search next i eventually lost the lawmen (i was wanted dead or alive) but i only got a 10 cent bounty??

this is more of a wtf moment then a b&m but i wanted to share it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 11:14 PM, TLA99X said:

these new missions should include stand for 10 minutes after yu collect the bag them or get little in there description because 2/3 of the mission is just me standing

 

You can do other stuff, but I read if you start doing fishing that the bag disappears.

However, I could just drop the bag on the ground (to later pick it up) so I bet if you did that you could fish for the last few minutes.

 

FYI: DO NOT go AFK while doing the 2nd dock one, where you turn in the dockmaster. I had him RIGHT at the drop off point, on my shoulder,

then I went to the restroom; I got back and he is NOT THERE and I see "Capture the dockmaster." He'd run off so I had to grab him again!

I assumed it was like Etta Doyle bounty, or such, where people said you can stand there with her on your shoulder and she doesn't escape.

 

I also tried to see if I could stuff the Dockmaster in the Bounty Wagon, for safety, but you can't (of course.) That would be very convenient for these

stupid missions with a 10 minute wait at the end.

Edited by Krommer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 10:23 AM, bevlian89 said:

Not sure if it works on multiple platforms, mostly I hear stories solely from PS4 members. Aaanyway, Cronusmax is a popular software tool for game controllers that can mitigate a lot of the regular effects weapons have. Recoil, bloom, you name it. If you ever played GTAIVO a lot of custom controllers sold at the time had a prototype macro use tech in them, in where when you held down the trigger, every bullet from a 30 clip would hit its target dead to rights. Now the techs improved and widely sold, you have players able to dome you almost immediately and claim it as skill, because no one can know you’re using Cronusmax, it’s simply a tool the game controller uses. It’s not even a mod by developer definition, though I’m sure in a few years we may see some change on that.

 

If it’s PC, then it can be a whole manner of nexus plugins, bat files or that wanted mod menu or whatever, before you can even consider them being a Cronus user. Some might just be that skilled in tonic/card use, though 9 times outta 10 who’s to truly know, y’know?

 

Non-Card and Tonic based sessions would be great though without a doubt.

I am on the X box so it wasn't some sort of actual hack.

Thank you for the info, I mean I know I'm not the best player out there but they were ridiculous and always making even difficult one shot kills, and it wasn't just against me. They were outshooting every other player who wandered by as well, and they were the lowest levels in the area at the time. Most of it I would have just shrugged off as cards and tonic chugging, but the never miss head shots and the fact that my target was just a greyed out dot when it would hover across their character's bodies just made me wonder if there was something else I was missing? Not to mention they were a full 7 person posse, but only the two more aggressive players were the ones that I couldn't target or seem to hit.

 

Makes me wonder what is the point to it all if they are going to get the kills anyways? I don't mind pvp sometimes, and it's always fun trading kills with other players when one or the other gets the upper hand in the fight, but if you are guaranteed that you are going to kill them it kind of takes the fun out of the game?

 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:11 AM, Buddy Hightower said:

or just parley if you aren't interested, or were but now done with it.. it works.

Most will just realize you're done, you quit, whatever.. and move along.

Every once in awhile you'll get some BS message or someone will follow you - but in my experience, it's rare.

Worse case - just switch sessions.

 

I didn't really see a reason not to return fire for the fun of it at first. 

We were kind of between missions and had nothing better to do so why not have bit of a fight in the streets? It was up in Van Horn and I love gunfights up in that area, but after a while I started noticing things just didn't seem right so we tried to ride away. They kept chasing us, like I said, the one even followed my husband all of the way to St Denis just to wait for him outside of the gun shop to kill him. So they weren't willing to just "quit" either.

 

We had to duck into the fence in Van Horn to find some relief so that we could follow my husband to a new session, even then they were throwing explosives at the building and everything. 

Lol, they were relentless, and by the message they sent my husband I would like to believe they were just kids. 

😄

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 6:05 PM, Direwrath said:

Makes me wonder what is the point to it all if they are going to get the kills anyways? I don't mind pvp sometimes, and it's always fun trading kills with other players when one or the other gets the upper hand in the fight, but if you are guaranteed that you are going to kill them it kind of takes the fun out of the game?

 

There are people out there that really feel like they did something great if they cheat to accomplish it. Low self esteem I reckon.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

barcelona1968

Strange thing happened today…managed 2 trade routes with no griefers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 11:23 AM, YNNEL said:

50% glitch is still a thing for me on PS5. How?!

Because they don't give a sh*t to this game. But don't worry, they'll fix it with next update in February. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 8:08 PM, barcelona1968 said:

Strange thing happened today…managed 2 trade routes with no griefers!

That's a glitch. R* will fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 12:17 PM, Franula said:

Because they don't give a sh*t to this game. But don't worry, they'll fix it with next update in February. 

Tried 6/7 times to get on today. It’s a joke.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 8:34 AM, YNNEL said:

Tried 6/7 times to get on today. It’s a joke.

 

Buy a console, as in XB1. No issues.

Edited by Bi9Daddy68
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, console play rocks now that all we have to do to get a solo lobby is to set MTU low. I'm in Red Dead heaven: no issues, no bugs...plenty of wildlife and NPCs, and so many random events!! Also, lootable bodies don't disappear as often. What a joy it is to play. Now if we can just get some interesting stuff to spend cash and gold on, it would be near-perfect IMO. Solo lobbies are the only way to play, I can never go back to full lobbies now, except to play poker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

darkmaster234
On 7/31/2021 at 10:05 AM, Assblaster said:

Yep, console play rocks now that all we have to do to get a solo lobby is to set MTU low. I'm in Red Dead heaven: no issues, no bugs...plenty of wildlife and NPCs, and so many random events!! Also, lootable bodies don't disappear as often. What a joy it is to play. Now if we can just get some interesting stuff to spend cash and gold on, it would be near-perfect IMO. Solo lobbies are the only way to play, I can never go back to full lobbies now, except to play poker.

 

With mtu I dont get events as it should. The jumping between lobbies I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 10:05 AM, Assblaster said:

Yep, console play rocks now that all we have to do to get a solo lobby is to set MTU low. I'm in Red Dead heaven: no issues, no bugs...plenty of wildlife and NPCs, and so many random events!! Also, lootable bodies don't disappear as often. What a joy it is to play. Now if we can just get some interesting stuff to spend cash and gold on, it would be near-perfect IMO. Solo lobbies are the only way to play, I can never go back to full lobbies now, except to play poker.

Yes, I've felt that way for a long time. And the mtu method is so simple! This game is absolutely worthless to me if I have to play in regular lobbies with players I don't want to interact with. Players I do wish to interact with? That's what the poker table is for, whether it's to play poker or that other thing.

Edited by netnow66
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AdamNortonUK
On 7/31/2021 at 10:23 AM, YNNEL said:

50% glitch is still a thing for me on PS5. How?!

 

Try loading into Story Mode first, then Online, seems to work. Give it a try I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see a way to do the MTU thing on xbox, don't want to mess with my cable modem router really to do it.

I read something about setting up a wireless hotspot to your PC or something, to adjust it there, but I'm not going

to bother with that (have Ethernet cable to the Xbox One.)

 

In GTAO, you just go to "test NAT" or whatever and that has you in a solo lobby. They didn't want that, so they

made RDO so it kicks you out if you do that.

 

Not really an issue for me lately, its been eons since anyone messed with me; I was on for hours and hours

today and barely even saw any blue dots. People just seemed to be doing their thing. Did all of the $4.99 and

Pass players get the game out of their system? It seems like a ghost town when I play now, either very early in the morning

after I get home from work or afternoon/evening even on the Weekend. Hmm, I seem to have the opposite experience

of Direwrath, above, on the Xbox, with griefers. I don't think me being 425 level makes a difference? I mean, people don't even get close

really (blue dots way at the edge, then they move on.) I am mostly in Hennington's Stead, though. Today I did my 17 treasure maps, for 20

gold and $1500, and I still barely saw blue dots and had no troubles.

 

I'm able to stay in game for pretty much forever, the only hang I got was yesterday when I was getting the "3 kills during a free roam event"

and I went out of bounds but instead of dying/whatever I got the black screen and spinning load revolver cartridge forever.

Edited by Krommer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 4:23 AM, YNNEL said:

50% glitch is still a thing for me on PS5. How?!

 

The long time bug where you could loot gators and perfect squirrels for "6 collectables looted from an enemy", was more of a concern to them!!! ;)

 

Edited by Krommer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AdamNortonUK
On 7/31/2021 at 10:14 PM, Krommer said:

I don't see a way to do the MTU thing on xbox, don't want to mess with my cable modem router really to do it.

I read something about setting up a wireless hotspot to your PC or something, to adjust it there, but I'm not going

to bother with that (have Ethernet cable to the Xbox One.)

 

 I currently use this method on Xbox, but requites a PC / Laptop etc.

 

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by AdamNortonUK
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 11:20 PM, Krommer said:

 

The long time bug where you could loot gators and perfect squirrels for "6 collectables looted from an enemy", was more of a concern to them!!! ;)

 

 

I dont think it was a bug! They where part of weekly sets.

What they didn´t need to fix was the payment for Random encounters bounty. Instead of getting 10 dollars and 100 role xp they changed it to timed payout!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 2:14 PM, Krommer said:

Hmm, I seem to have the opposite experience

of Direwrath, above, on the Xbox, with griefers. I don't think me being 425 level makes a difference? I mean, people don't even get close

really (blue dots way at the edge, then they move on.) I am mostly in Hennington's Stead, though. Today I did my 17 treasure maps, for 20

gold and $1500, and I still barely saw blue dots and had no troubles.

They were nothing more than a mild inconvenience, and we were able to play for hours that night without encountering any other rambunctious players. 😉

 

I don't think level had anything to do with them though, as I am lvl 320, and a few of the other players they were instigating were in the upper 500+. The highest level of the two problem players was a 150 and the other one was 83, which is usually around the level of players that I have had these kinds of encounters with.

Most higher tier level players just go about their game, and the lower level players might hang around to see what we are doing but they make sure to either run away or keep a good distance away just in case. It's really not that bad in the public servers that I play in, incidents like the one I mentioned are rare. 

Not that I don't believe the others are having a hard time, because it is highly possible and very easy to avoid if they would just give us our private servers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 4 Users Currently Viewing
    2 members, 1 Anonymous, 1 Guest

    • eighthdoctor
    • RyuNova
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.