• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RyuNova

• kcole4001

• Leftover Pizza

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really long disjointed rant of 2 years' worth of pent up frustration with this game.    

It's not very popular based on the posts in the actual threads created for the update.   Personally I've had nothing but bugs while playing and I feel that this is not the "game saving" upda

I agree. I'm tired of it. We should be hiring those clods to work for us. Imagine how much I laughed when Guido came out to talk to me, the richest person in that world, talking to me like a low life.

What's the point of setting a way point if it won't bring you there???  Started BM Railroad Contract 1 last night, cleared everything out and grabbed the wagon.  I set the way point (plus the game had its own yellow way point) on the safe house where the wagon had to be delivered.   I put cinematic on, held "X" to go and I went to the kitchen to get water.  Came back(still holding x) and just watched my guy travel on the wagon.  After a couple of minutes I realized something wasn't right.... I checked the map and sure enough I have gone WAY past the safe house and I'm halfway to Annesburgh WTF???🤦‍♂️

Bitch over....

Spoiler

...for now

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

On 7/21/2021 at 1:11 AM, Krommer said:

I have no idea why people still do that since all games are sold online.

The preorder bonus wasn't worth enough for me to do it for RDR2, I waited for the reviews and then bought the ultimate

edition when it dropped (good enough for me ;) )

I don't think I've bought a game in a box since 2006.

I get excited and sign up for preorder, it's one of my flaws. 😊 Although I only preorder games that I am acquainted with, like RDR or the Resident Evil games. If you buy the game online within a few days of it's release you still get those bonuses anyways, I learned that too.

Oh and the horse I got for the rdr2 preorder, a silver roan Ardennas cute and chunky as he is, was not as cool as I thought he was going to be. Didn't really ride him much, but I called him Tank. 

I remember when we could pre order a game and get something cool, like a poster map from Assassin's Creed. Or cool stickers like with one of the Gears games.

Caffeination

I did the jailbreak for Sean, since one of the dailies require a Sean mission. What a buggy mess, couldn’t even unlock the door for the prisoner properly, had to run nearly out of bounds and arrive back for it work.

Oh, and the game wanted to softlock me so bad. Good thing I was in a solo session, so I was stuck for a three minute sit-down period waiting to regain control of my character instead of an infinite loading screen.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:46 AM, Caffeination said:

I did the jailbreak for Sean, since one of the dailies require a Sean mission. What a buggy mess, couldn’t even unlock the door for the prisoner properly, had to run nearly out of bounds and arrive back for it work.

Oh, and the game wanted to softlock me so bad. Good thing I was in a solo session, so I was stuck for a three minute sit-down period waiting to regain control of my character instead of an infinite loading screen.

I've always had trouble with the Jailbreak missions when trying to start from a solo lobby.   In fact, it has been an issue for any stranger mission that puts you in a solo lobby when you are already in one.  I haven't been able to start the BM's in solo either.

Caffeination

This is what I hate the most about the new update. I already got the maximum amount of c-word, so I don’t need to rob any homestead or camp, but the game still forces me into one when I wander into the radius.

I wanted to use my treasure map, but I couldn’t leave the event. I tried going far away, but that didn’t work, it usually works with moonshiner stuff. I hope Rockstar finds an issue with this, but they probably won’t.

4406-E3-CD-1320-42-B1-8-E8-E-11-EF4-DD36

GtaHitmanStrikesBack

Still days later and that 50% loading bug is still a thing. Insane how they dont give a f*ck. 

• Like 3

On 7/26/2021 at 3:32 PM, Bi9Daddy68 said:

Lack of activity an indication of everyone's approval of update?

It's not very popular based on the posts in the actual threads created for the update.

Personally I've had nothing but bugs while playing and I feel that this is not the "game saving" update that it should have been.

Sadly, I was more excited for the cutscenes than for the actual meat of the update. 🙊

In truth most of us are backing away from the game, and from posting as often as we used to in the forums as well. That is the reason for the lack of complaint posts no doubt.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:32 PM, Bi9Daddy68 said:

Everyone's on GTA or something else.

I finished the pass within 2 days(barely even played either lmao) and I'm not coming back apart from doing the newly released Contract later, until the next Pass is released. 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 3:03 AM, Direwrath said:

In truth most of us are backing away from the game, and from posting as often as we used to in the forums as well. That is the reason for the lack of complaint posts no doubt.

Yep. Bored of hoping, or having faith, lol. Boted if sending feedback as I know it goes out the window. Bored of reading the negative here too plus I know I'll just end up dragging on the game and feel I've done enough of that and genuinely don't want to bring the place down with it, but it can't be helped.

I'd take another GTA but in the west over this experiment any day. Sure, it's full of wacky sh*t and plonkers, but it's a class apart in the good it can offer, plus R* seem to want us actually playing it, lol  

Saddens me to think about RDR2 and then RDRO for all the potential it has but goes unfulfilled for closing on 3 years. I long for 'that' DLC where this game takes off, but feel if it hasn't arrived yet, will it ever? Hmmm...

On 7/27/2021 at 1:44 PM, Shadowfennekin said:

Everyone's on GTA or something else.

I finished the pass within 2 days(barely even played either lmao) and I'm not coming back apart from doing the newly released Contract later, until the next Pass is released. 

^ That ^

I don't even feel like doing today's non pvp/posse 7/7.

Oh well, I have an arbour swing to build and finished my new deck yesterday, so I'm not bored by any means!  😁

I'm just doing one or two easy Dailies on PC and Xbox no more than 5 - 10 minutes, I'm just going to wait until the Quick Draw Pass 2 to play the new mission added today, most likely will have another one to bother my time with then as well hopefully, but it's only next week that Quick Draw Pass 2 starts so I doubt it so don't think I'm missing much by delaying myself a week to play it to be honest.

On 7/27/2021 at 5:50 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

Yep. Bored of hoping, or having faith, lol. Boted if sending feedback as I know it goes out the window. Bored of reading the negative here too plus I know I'll just end up dragging on the game and feel I've done enough of that and genuinely don't want to bring the place down with it, but it can't be helped.

I'd take another GTA but in the west over this experiment any day. Sure, it's full of wacky sh*t and plonkers, but it's a class apart in the good it can offer, plus R* seem to want us actually playing it, lol  

Saddens me to think about RDR2 and then RDRO for all the potential it has but goes unfulfilled for closing on 3 years. I long for 'that' DLC where this game takes off, but feel if it hasn't arrived yet, will it ever? Hmmm...

^ That ^

Well we fought the good fight for a few years, but my armor is rusted and my weapons are dull now. Instead of opting for a new set of gear I think I'm just gonna pack it all in and put my focus in other things, after all this is just a game and they come and go. 

Plus it's not very inspiring when the developers who claim they want to keep this game online don't seem to have the enthusiasm to do so. I'll be optimistic, but from a distance thank you.

That and I'll be spending my gaming money on the Sims 4 rather than play GTA. At least the Sims developers have listened to the players' requests and are offering an expansion with farming and animals to tend to "finally".

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 5:45 PM, Direwrath said:

That and I'll be spending my gaming money on the Sims 4 rather than play GTA. At least the Sims developers have listened to the players' requests and are offering an expansion with farming and animals to tend to "finally".

I saw that, definitely gonna cash my Microsoft Rewards towards that once i have enough for another $10 gift card. Makes the expensive DLC less so when I'm not using actual money of mine lmao

Anyways the mission today was basically just shooting up Annesburgh. That's it.... then you go to that Charlotte girl's house. Which isn't she supposed to be living there? Why's the f*cking mob there?!

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 1:32 AM, Bi9Daddy68 said:

The problem is that PS5 players still have issues connecting, even with workarounds. Sometimes you connect, but most of the time you don’t.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:51 AM, Caffeination said:

The problem is that PS5 players still have issues connecting, even with workarounds. Sometimes you connect, but most of the time you don’t.

That's just an additional feature of the game, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, for everyone :D:D

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 10:45 PM, Direwrath said:

Well we fought the good fight for a few years, but my armor is rusted and my weapons are dull now. Instead of opting for a new set of gear I think I'm just gonna pack it all in and put my focus in other things, after all this is just a game and they come and go. 

Plus it's not very inspiring when the developers who claim they want to keep this game online don't seem to have the enthusiasm to do so. I'll be optimistic, but from a distance thank you.

My daughter has The Sims 4, I've not played it yet but have enjoyed all the previous ones so it's only a matter of time, lol. I've seen it has lots of additional packs too which look cool.

I've been mixing a bit of GTA with Minecraft (which never gets old for me), the Mafia trilogy (been meaning to play it for a year but RDRO and GTA took my gaming time up too often, lol). But I had to go back to basics with GTA as this latest Tuners DLC is much more the GTA I loved, particularly San Andreas, so I started a new account Friday just gone. Only rank 21 and already got a comfy $10m, ha ha. I know GTA isn't for all and people have fairly had complaints about 'the grind' but it was a breeze to get set up over there but more importantly, it's refreshing.

Something a DLC should do, really refresh things and make us want to play rather than just pick out the flaws/missed potential etc. Oh, how I long for RDRO to follow suit. It's easy to forgive flaws if we're having fun. :)

The only thing that was keeping me going was the world and the scenery. But I get the 50% load bug 9/10 so I can’t even enjoy that anymore. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 10:33 AM, YNNEL said:

The only thing that was keeping me going was the world and the scenery. But I get the 50% load bug 9/10 so I can’t even enjoy that anymore. 

How that bug survives this long is anyone's guess. Bloody annoying!

can’t believe I wasted 15 crapitales on this new awful opportunity. It’s just so… bad.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 4:59 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

My daughter has The Sims 4, I've not played it yet but have enjoyed all the previous ones so it's only a matter of time, lol. I've seen it has lots of additional packs too which look cool.

I've been mixing a bit of GTA with Minecraft (which never gets old for me), the Mafia trilogy (been meaning to play it for a year but RDRO and GTA took my gaming time up too often, lol). But I had to go back to basics with GTA as this latest Tuners DLC is much more the GTA I loved, particularly San Andreas, so I started a new account Friday just gone. Only rank 21 and already got a comfy $10m, ha ha. I know GTA isn't for all and people have fairly had complaints about 'the grind' but it was a breeze to get set up over there but more importantly, it's refreshing.

Something a DLC should do, really refresh things and make us want to play rather than just pick out the flaws/missed potential etc. Oh, how I long for RDRO to follow suit. It's easy to forgive flaws if we're having fun. :)

lol I've been playing through Mafia again too.

Got the first one Definitive Edition and played it for the first time, then decided to download and replay 2 and 3. I wonder what will come first Mafia 4, GTA VI, or Saints Row 5??? 😏

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, Shadowfennekin said:

lol I've been playing through Mafia again too.

Got the first one Definitive Edition and played it for the first time, then decided to download and replay 2 and 3. I wonder what will come first Mafia 4, GTA VI, or Saints Row 5??? 😏

My money's on Mafia or SR, lol. But the Mrs grabbed me the trilogy for my B-day as she knew I'd been wanting to play it, really enjoyed the 1st one so sure the follow ups will be fun. :)

On 7/28/2021 at 5:56 AM, Caffeination said:

can’t believe I wasted 15 crapitales on this new awful opportunity. It’s just so… bad.

I did the 25c's solo.  I was waiting at drop off after only 5 minutes.  So then I proceeded to wait out the clock so I could actually get paid.  Very underwhelming.  The previous one wasn't great, but much better than this one

On 7/28/2021 at 1:59 AM, Lonely-Martin said:

I like it, a little too cartoony for my taste, but with enough good custom content (I have 64 gig) it is actually a fun game to play. 😁 Not too happy about the forced updates when a new pack comes out, but I manage. 

On 7/27/2021 at 8:26 PM, Shadowfennekin said:

I saw that, definitely gonna cash my Microsoft Rewards towards that once i have enough for another $10 gift card. Makes the expensive DLC less so when I'm not using actual money of mine lmao

Yeah, I've spent quite the fortune on the Sims over the years. 😬😆 But it's always a fun game, and something to go back to when everything else gets boring. 

Would have been the same for RDO, but they obviously don't want my money anymore. 

On 7/28/2021 at 1:59 PM, Direwrath said:

Would have been the same for RDO, but they obviously don't want my money anymore. 

R* feels sorry for the competition out there so they want you to spend that 💵 on those folks. The people at R* have big ❤️s.

Edited by StyxTx

On 7/27/2021 at 1:54 PM, AdamNortonUK said:

I'm just doing one or two easy Dailies on PC and Xbox no more than 5 - 10 minutes, I'm just going to wait until the Quick Draw Pass 2 to play the new mission added today, most likely will have another one to bother my time with then as well hopefully, but it's only next week that Quick Draw Pass 2 starts so I doubt it so don't think I'm missing much by delaying myself a week to play it to be honest.

Quick Draw Club Pass 2 becomes available in two weeks.

Edited by Rvfae

On 7/28/2021 at 8:45 PM, Rvfae said:

Quick Draw Club Pass 2 becomes available in two weeks.

August 8th

I checked when I was in-game yesterday, if they add the final Contract next week I'm just gonna wait a week so I can use the XP on that